• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sotp north attleboro MA 11/28

Prawn

Smash Master
nah i'm not gonna go unless its the main singles event, maybe next time

Roman.

Smash Champion
aight i'll come to this
Me and Roman are taking teams at this.
yeah, we better win cause i need $$$

edit: aight so i quickly skimmed this thread and i think doubles should be first

i only say this because registration is only an hour after the venue opens and most people need way more warmup than that!

also it's practically tradition...

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
aight i'll come to this

yeah, we better win cause i need $$$

edit: aight so i quickly skimmed this thread and i think doubles should be first

i only say this because registration is only an hour after the venue opens and most people need way more warmup than that!

also it's practically tradition...
No I don't have a teammate and neither do my friends that are coming. If you need to warm up then practice at home or over your friends house before you get there. I am not getting screwed because of tradition. Just because something is tradition doesn't mean it's correct.
It's also tradition to wait for people that are one to two hours late but that doesn't mean it should keep happening. If people bring more set-ups then it's possible to have friendlies on the TV's that aren't being used for the tourney.

Roman.

Smash Champion
No I don't have a teammate and neither do my friends that are coming. If you need to warm up then practice at home or over your friends house before you get there. I am not getting screwed because of tradition. Just because something is tradition doesn't mean it's correct.
It's also tradition to wait for people that are one to two hours late but that doesn't mean it should keep happening. If people bring more set-ups then it's possible to have friendlies on the TV's that aren't being used for the tourney.
The TO can do whatever he wants, it's not like a rule that he can't change things.

I'm screwed just as much as you in that I'd do awful in singles cause fox needs lots of time (hours and hours) to get warmed up unlike less technical characters like marth/sheik. If the TO thinks it's a good idea to switch doubles and singles then he has his right.

Don't act like anyone isn't getting screwed over with singles being first. That's why the subject was even brought up.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
I might show up, since this is north of me and I need to be north of me that night.

Also sup NE, I'm back for 5 days.

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
The TO can do whatever he wants, it's not like a rule that he can't change things.

I'm screwed just as much as you in that I'd do awful in singles cause fox needs lots of time (hours and hours) to get warmed up unlike less technical characters like marth/sheik. If the TO thinks it's a good idea to switch doubles and singles then he has his right.

Don't act like anyone isn't getting screwed over with singles being first. That's why the subject was even brought up.
Yes that's true the TO can do what he wants but if he worries about rep then he should stick with what he says. You need good rep to have big or small tourneys and that involves sticking to what you say. The mages have very good reps because they stick to what they say and don't play around when enforcing there rules. That's what brings people back because they know how to properly run tourneys and enforce what they say. When other TO's start using your rules it obviously means your doing something right. I also never said I am the only one being screwed and please don't assume that I am thinking like that. In practicing for this tourney I hardly have any so I can't relate to that. I am just going to have fun and am not expecting to place very high in this tourney. I try not to worry about my game because that screws me up even more worrying about it.

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
it will be singles first then doubles, then anything else like low teir or something if there is time.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
I'm coming to this. Literally 20 minutes from my house.

Dayum I can't wait to see Tom.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Hahah, yeah. You should team with him :p I would've but I'm already teaming with Mafia =/

Edit: But Mafia's going to win, so...it's worth it. :p

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
I wanna see results.

Also, I skipped this for Ultimate Frisbee, wandering around trying to find a McDonalds, and concert. Time well spent?

dudutsai

Smash Lord
I wanna see results.

Also, I skipped this for Ultimate Frisbee, wandering around trying to find a McDonalds, and concert. Time well spent?
Bad choice Zach, We missed you! I'll not see you till winter break now since you keep missing tournaments

dudutsai

Smash Lord
I told you, my teammate is reserved for the other peach. But if he doesn't end up going, I will be fine with The Irish Mafia as well!

Edit: L-S Math Team is too good

Top Bottom