• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOTP north attleboro MA 1/9 results

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Oh hey Roman have you met my dear friend reading why pools was a good idea.

He's a little further up the page you guys should chill sometime.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Also shoutouts!

Pools

Pixel: Dude, I miss you all the time, ever since I have hijacked your legendary thread and made it my own I feel like we've become the same person, a person of.. legendaryness? Great matches in pool, Samus is so weird and it's a good think I heard your Marth strategizing with Banks and Th0rn otherwise I would have been in trouble ;).

Pimpfish Pretty nice Sheik man, good stuff making it out of pools, I had to go back to Jiggs to prove I could get the matchup down, but if you keep making me miss rests man I'm gonna stay fox and give you the BUIIIISSSSSNEEESSSSSSS. Glad I could help run the tournament for you and hopefully like I said we can continue to expand it.

Thomas!: DK is gay, you seemed upset all day *shrugs* nice matches sorry to play so homo.

Sean: Your falco is pretty good for not doing a lot of tournament stuff, hopefully you enjoyed your time and come back to more tournaments, you only improve if you play more! Nice meeting you and your friends!

Bracket

Banyah Hey man that's a pretty nice samus you got there, I haven't seen you around at a lot of tournaments but very impressive none the less. Close matches! You had me scared with some of those edgeguards haha, and the charge shot tech chase was 222 strong till i figured it out. Hopefully play again soon.

Hoggle Samus NUMBER 3 in my conquest of New England samus players that day ;), always a pleasure to see you and talking to you after the tournament while teams finals was going on was a lot of fun. Close match on Yoshi's with that mario, it's unfortunate that by the time I met up with you in bracket I had already run into all the other samus mains on the planet haha. Hope to see you again soon.

Th0rn I actually feel a little strange.. like we were at the same tournament.. and we said we were gonna play...and then we played? That's a new one. You're really good man, like way better then I even remembered from the few friendlies we HAVE played. To bad I had to suffer through enraged th0rn. How about next time we play you don't get ledgecamped first :(. Great seeing you.

AwsmSean Luigi is so weird! You're still really impressive for not playing all that much lately, and its really nice seeing you out of no where. I couldn't believe you came haha. Hopefully this means I'll be seeing more of you around! Also that set was to close until I realized how good Fox is again lol.

Bank$ What can I say man, a laugh a minute when I see you and our set was way to close. Thanks for helping seeding, and I can truly say that even upon losing that set I was still in a great mood just cause you're mad good of a guy haha. Close set I honestly though I had you, but hey man can't argue with the results ggs. Hopefully see you really soon!

Other peeps.

HaileyM Make it out of pools :mad: You got that KevinM training all dai where you at. Plus you played like Joey and Spife all day Friday ahha. Good stuff in teams though and watching you in pools its incredibly easy to see you're improving. Glad you're still having fun with the game!

John Nice meeting you man definitely have to hang out more you're way to funny haha. Plus starcraft talking, and ganon dittoes on Hyrule. Seriously how have you lived in RI and we haven't ever known of each other. Lameeee.

Ryu Yo we need to chill soon like seriously you're the funniest kid alive. "What you mean you ain't gotta any chicken?" Also I think you left your controller in my car, I'll get that to you sometime soon when we play. But yeah we definitely got to travel to more ****, mad funny man. Especially with Tor leavin us, gotta build that RI crew up strong. Marth lookin mad cute

Torrential: Man like y'all leavin to florida and **** wtf is up with that. You're so quiet but I'm glad you came out with us and chilled before you had to leave man, losing an RI player sucks cause we're so small so i'll be seein you back here I hope.

Cogsmooch Man I may be getting sooo good, but you're getting way to awesome. It's always ALWAYS a pleasure to see you, you're just such a nice guy to be around I wish I could see you more often, it's nice to have a friend like you :) <3.

Joey Joey, joey joey, what can I say that I haven't already said <3. Don't worry man we'll practice up for you before pound. Sheik will work I think if you're willing to put work in. Thanks again for coming over.

Morgan <33 66D ALL DAI. Good having you over man it's always a pleasure to have you in my house! Glad you could come by definitely will do it again soon

Gmoney Man I could say thanks for coming to my house, I could say the presentation was funny, I could say glad you made the sales, I could say it was fun playing you in the morning, I could saw we definitely have to do it again soon but all I can say is

Johns johnssss johnnnsss johnnss johhhnnnss johhhnsss johhhnsss

Emily Nice to meet you, hope you can come down again with G teams was fun and- Johns johnssss johnnnsss johnnss johhhnnnss johhhnsss johhhnsss

Schme Big danny Schme comin in hot on the shoutouts that he would never see unless I linked him to them. Thanks for coming to play some Blaz Blue and you should come with us to a tournament one time and MM people in it <3.

Everyone else Nice seeing you all, I'm glad you had a great time at the tournament hope to see you again soon!

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
i totally understand but crew battles do the same thing as well as another event that isn't super rushed!!!

aka... crews/doubles > pools
Crews don't do that, and doubles would have been fine had we started them as singles was going on, which have required more then 6 set-ups.

*shrugs*

You're not looking at this from the same perspective I am it seems.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
cog smooch - good games. good one dollar single game match. shinespikes, theyre gay.
I think you have me confused with someone else...? I definitely didn't money match anybody here.

Cogsmooch Man I may be getting sooo good, but you're getting way to awesome. It's always ALWAYS a pleasure to see you, you're just such a nice guy to be around I wish I could see you more often, it's nice to have a friend like you :) <3.
I am so gay for this community <3333 Thanks dude, likewise.

Pimpfish

Smash Journeyman
I am trying to find like a billion tvs to use for the next one. then we can run doubles and singles. ill just need everyone to bring cubes. also we can use the entire other half of the store. the thing is we need to get the middle of the floor very clear incase of fire and crap like that.

I had a lot of fun playing everyone.

Mokumo

Smash Ace
I think you have me confused with someone else...? I definitely didn't money match anybody here.
it wasn't a money match, it was a single game for a dollar. i'm pretty sure it was you but you went fox on me instead of peach.

i HOPE it was you, anyway, we played a few games on the friendlies-only tv.

I really feel like i would have made it out of pools if i had entered singles

ZoSo

Smash Champion
zoso - im glad i didnt have to waste your time by playing you :-P
This makes me sad! Smash with a friend is never a waste of time!

Kevin, considering how many tournaments I travelled to only to go two and out during my formative years (at my first tourney I got knocked out by my cousin LOL), it's hard for me to be overly sympathetic to newer players who have to deal with the same thing.

Of course, I want people to feel welcome in our community. I will chat or play with anybody who approaches me, but the fact of the matter is that it's a competition and somebody has to come in last. I don't think it's wise to make the tourney run hours late, potentially souring our relationship with the owners. Just my two cents.

The main thing we need is incentive for players to bring more setups. More setups with a larger percentage of them being dedicated to free play means more playtime for everybody.

Really though, the scheduling issues didn't stop this from being a good time. I think we can make the next one even better!

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
No I understand but I also want to further advance the series and see if we can really grow something out of it :).

<3.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
it wasn't a money match, it was a single game for a dollar. i'm pretty sure it was you but you went fox on me instead of peach.

i HOPE it was you, anyway, we played a few games on the friendlies-only tv.

I really feel like i would have made it out of pools if i had entered singles
uhhh nope, I didn't play a single game for a dollar with anyone, either. I have glasses, longish hair and a beard.... ?

The only person I played friendlies with not in my shoutouts was H5N1 (??) to which I say: ggz!

Mokumo

Smash Ace
well i guess there was another peach player with glasses, longish hair and a beard! although he might not have been wearing glasses...

haha whatevski.

ZoSo moneymatch?

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
This makes me sad! Smash with a friend is never a waste of time!

Kevin, considering how many tournaments I travelled to only to go two and out during my formative years (at my first tourney I got knocked out by my cousin LOL), it's hard for me to be overly sympathetic to newer players who have to deal with the same thing.

Of course, I want people to feel welcome in our community. I will chat or play with anybody who approaches me, but the fact of the matter is that it's a competition and somebody has to come in last. I don't think it's wise to make the tourney run hours late, potentially souring our relationship with the owners. Just my two cents.

The main thing we need is incentive for players to bring more setups. More setups with a larger percentage of them being dedicated to free play means more playtime for everybody.

Really though, the scheduling issues didn't stop this from being a good time. I think we can make the next one even better!
I'm actually really glad they did pools. I wouldn't have entered if they hadn't. The tourney didn't run hours late, it was one hour late, which is generally to be expected at a tournament. The reason this one ran so late was because there wasn't really a set schedule - doubles was started pretty haphazardly and really only initiated by the players and not the TO. Doubles should have began about an hour before it did, before singles had reached semis/finals.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure it ran more than an hour late, but that's a lot when it's a place of business where the owner expects everybody to be out by a certain time.

I think having a round of pools is preferable to just running a bracket. I just don't think it was a good idea at this particular tournament.

ZoSo moneymatch?
Sure.

SOLAR

Smash Ace
Yes, pools was a great idea. A lot of newer SSBM players had a chance to get some wins, and valuable tourney experience. Yeah, next time do something about the time limit. The venue should be open until late! If you guys get more TV's, it's easy for us to bring many cubes.

Yeah, and doubles really should come first.

Crew battles are always fun =) also, whatever happened to low tier tournaments? Possibly bring that back if people want to.

Ryucloud

Smash Journeyman
A Place Where *****s Are Real=Rhode Island BABY!!!
Ight since everyone doing it I guess shout outs

KevinM: First my boy KEVINM U r THE MAN thanks again for bringing RI to this tourney man and na man ithink ur the funniest kid in the world " U DONT TURN OFF LUPE FIASCO lol too funny man and too good in the brackets i seen u play like every samus in the tourney wierd yea man and BUT FRIENDLYES WASNT SO FRIENDLY but best time man its just the begining we defently doing it again and we need to play more especailly with Torrential leaving us "RI gotta bring that ken **** lol " we only played one match but we gonna play more and ima just get another controller the one i had in the tourny was acting up doing **** on its own and im defentily doing better next tourney i got a chouple grude matches

HaileyM: it was mad cool seeing chilling with you again man BUT FRIENDLYES WASNT SO FRIENDLY and i was watching ur peach in teams and ur really adapting well the reason we didnt play cause i was probaly scared too no biggy we gonna play soon car ride was funny as hell but yea it was obvious FRIENDLIES dont like black people lol

G Money: it was mad cool meeting you man and playing you again the first marth ditto and battfeild was epic and the falco is good as hell but BUT FRIENDLYES WASNT SO FRIENDLY but **** it we still have mad fun man ur mad funny and yea they dont like us black people lol cant wait till next time " Wut the **** is coldslaw" lol to funny

Emily: nice meeting you our team matches was cool to your like the first ices i eva played crazy and friendlyes was cool even though FRIENDLYES WASNT SO FRIENDLY but defentily cant wait till next time

Morgan : its mad funny how we meet after the tourney but we defentily gonna play BUT FRIENDLYES WASNT SO FRIENDLY it was mad funny seeing you eating that coldslaw my fault about stealing your bungy straw idea

Zengar : man our tourney macthes were TOO CLOSE man ur fox is mad good and even though i hate myself cause you did a 2 stock comback on me in the last match it was mad cool playing you and MAN WE BOTH LIVE IN PROV we must find eachother lol

CogSmooch : man nice meeting you and playing you man and if we ended up teaming in tourneies we defentily would have taken it and your right im retatred for playing brawl yesterday brawl and fox dont mix hope i can play you again in full melee mode

Joey: man JOEYY i havent seen you in a while kev been telling stuff bout how you went to sleep in 7:30 in the morning dont do it and something with gannon and that irish mafia lost! WUT GOING ON!! But man we defentily need to play again man too show you how much bettter i got

Zoso : nice seeing you again man and man we need to play man its been year but you get man points for the crazy *** tech off the stage in the team final match ur amazing man and u should came FRIENDLYES even though they WASNT SO FRIENDLY

Roman: man your fox is SO TECHNICAL ( had to say it) but our pools match was close but next time we play ima have to take it if thats okay

Mattdotzeb: nice playing and meeting you its mad funny how you didnt get to play a match untill like 5 and our money match was epic i was playing like crap i though u had me for a second man but dont worry we gonna money match again your falco mad good too

Banks: Na man we didnt play the whole tourney and i was trying to play a good sheik the whole tourny man but we defentily gonna play man and that face expression you made when you was gonna play G money was funny as hell

Pimpfish: yo man good **** running the tourney and your sheik preety good i kinda underestimated you for like half the match in our friendlies but ur defentily good and .......... Kirby................... that kill was gay.

Thorn : you man your falco amazing man good **** for winning the tourney and our 1 match we played was str8 to i though i had you in the begining too untill you was like......NO!!!!... yea but we defentily playing again.
This tourney was the **** defentily doing it again!

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
CogSmooch : man nice meeting you and playing you man and if we ended up teaming in tourneies we defentily would have taken it and your right im retatred for playing brawl yesterday brawl and fox dont mix hope i can play you again in full melee mode
Maybe my age is rotting my brain or something but who are you again? we played? we teamed? what?

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Hey Mass. I'd like to invite you all, especially MattDotZeb, to come get beat down in New York. There's gonna be this big tournament called Syracuse Smash 2, check the link:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=252275

It'll be fun to see you guys come to this and lose to myself and TheManaLord in teams. Come get a beating, which you'll definitely get if you come to this tournament, and have a fun time with us.

P.S.
much love
<3

Top Bottom