• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorry for crashing Smashboards. I'm Zipzo. I played the release build demo of Smash 4. AMA!

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date
D

Deleted member

Right so I guess Wario isn't going to make it either because Mario still has a Wario skin right?

Dang and I was really looking forward to playing Wario again. :rolleyes:
I want Wolf in, but the difference is that Fox's model changes to look more like Wolf (the blue visor). Mario's Wario costume doesn't give him Wario's nose or stache.

uebo7

Smash Apprentice
Right so I guess Wario isn't going to make it either because Mario still has a Wario skin right?

Dang and I was really looking forward to playing Wario again. :rolleyes:
You have to admit that adding a Wolf skin now for this game raises some questions, and certainly makes Wolf seem very unlikely. It's not like Mario got the Wario alt at the same time that Wario became a newcomer.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's also true that in all previous installments, characters like Luigi and Marth have been unlockable. One way or another, a precedent will be disturbed.
It's already weird enough that some of Melee's starting newcomers and Brawl's starting newcomers are likely being demoted to unlockable status; I'm talking to you Wario and Ice Climbers.

Gabeking54

Smash Journeyman
Still surprised we haven't heard anything regarding meta knight's rumored galacta knight alt.. Any word on that?

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I can't believe I whiffed on this. This is something I've been wanting to know ever since he was first revealed.

With Pit's new special moves, does he feel like his Brawl self at all, or will people used to him there be totally alienated?

D

Deleted member 245254

So I want to get to more questions but unfortunately I AM human and I DO have a wife I ignored all day to play video games. I need to sleep.

I WILL BE AT THE EVENT AGAIN TOMORROW. I will answer more questions. I will try to remember more damn colors (freaks!). Thanks to Cadari and Mojack for filling in on some questions. Both cool guys! Happy to be at the event with them! We are going to lock the thread for now so it doesn't get crazy.

If you want to keep discussing this stuff, please take your discussion now to my general thread (the one with the billion views) for now and I'll talk to you guys soon. Thanks for today. I am beat.

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
Try to cut out the squabbling, guys. Zipzo's doing a great thing here for the community and I don't want to see it ruined by arguments in this thread.

TheZapp

Smash Journeyman
So I want to get to more questions but unfortunately I AM human and I DO have a wife I ignored all day to play video games. I need to sleep.

I WILL BE AT THE EVENT AGAIN TOMORROW. I will answer more questions. I will try to remember more damn colors (freaks!). Thanks to Cadari and Mojack for filling in on some questions. Both cool guys! Happy to be at the event with them! We are going to lock the thread for now so it doesn't get crazy.

If you want to keep discussing this stuff, please take your discussion now to my general thread (the one with the billion views) for now and I'll talk to you guys soon. Thanks for today. I am beat.
Ok thanks for everything! About time you get some rest xD

pikachufan2222

Smash Rookie
The only info we've gotten on Kirby is the Meta Knight Alt. Any more info on the super tough pink puff?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
One little nugget of information that I don't think Zipzo has mentioned about Robin. My friend was playing against a level 9 CPU as Robin the the single player booth. During the match he used up all his charges of Levin Sword at which point Robin automatically throws the sword away. Here's the fun part, though. The CPU actually grabbed the sword out of the air before it hit the ground and disappeared. Stunned in shock, my friend then took a levin sword to the face and was KO'd at about 70% give or take. So yes, you can grab Robins sword after he throws it away. Not sure about hit spell books, though.
Are you serious?
That's crazy.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514

Good night.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Closing the thread for the night~

We don't want this to just be a general discussion of things/speculation in the shortfall, and I may spend some time to do some more summarising (or maybe not, I'm in the same time zone as Zipzo, it's been a long day haha). Remember we have the other thread for generally discussing this demo! I think there are a lot of things Zipzo realises he didn't check much and has a lot to go with tomorrow and will probably do more question answering throughout the day (so you probably don't need to queue up the questions in the meantime~)

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yay back! So how was the game @Zipzo ? Do you think we will be satisfied with this game?

HyperGumba

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Taro_Kuroyoko
3DS FC
4227-1462-6701
Is this open for questions again?

It's funny, I only yesterday remembered that I made a Smashboards account years ago, and figured that this was the perfect age to resurrect it.

I've been an avid, I daresay, pretty solid Mario player through the entirety of the Smashbros. series, except P:M. I've been looking for info on him yesterday, but all that I had heard was that his American outfit was confirmed in that built - which was pretty much the least interesting info I wanted to know about, haha.

Has anyone tried Mario today? Is he still as good as the gamecom demo lead me to believe? Any striking changes?

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Okay, I'm assuming I can start asking stuff now. I can't hang around for anything else for the time being...

I'm hoping my post in the other thread regarding the Find Mii stage and Dark Emperor was noticed... Did you learn anything about the Dark Emperor? How he acts? How he moves? Can you hit him? Can you defeat him? Any information along those lines would help as it would give us more of an idea of how Stage Bosses are going to work aside from the Yellow Devil itself.

Whether or not you have an answer, thanks for all the work-play you've been doing! :)

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
@Zipzo Is Galacta Knight an Alt. Costume for Meta Knight?
I really wanna know. :<

D

Deleted member

@Zipzo can you write down some of the combos you've done? And try out some more and write those down too. I don't really care for any specific character, it would just be nice to know.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
@Zipzo
I have a few questions

1. What does Sonic's customizable moveset look like? Any fancy up B recovery moves?
2. Any sign of Paper Mario?
3. Is Ike's final smash the same?

bekindrewind

Smash Apprentice
@Zipzo

Were you able to see Pac-Man's up tilt and down tilt?

Would you say Pac-Man is on the higher or lower end of the tier compared to the other characters?

Would you say Pac-Man is as floaty as Jigglypuff and does this floatiness hurt him or benefit him in your eyes?

Thanks so much!

Spizor

Smash Rookie
Just a few questions about Marth:
-Have his tippers been nerfed/buffed from Brawl? (knockback wise)
-Does his f-air still have the landing lag it had in the E3 build?
Thanks in advance.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
If you read, you'd know that this alt isn't in the game. Can everyone stop asking this question?
damn I though I read that it WAS in. This is a real bummer. No galacta knight or masked dedede... yikes...

Nintendrone

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nintendrone42
3DS FC
2535-3781-8442
Switch FC
SW 3369 4102 5813
Is swimming still gone, or did they bring it back?

RockTheCasbah

Smash Rookie
Hey dude, thanks for all the in-depth info and effort you guys went through to get us info, really appreciate it. Earlier you said that Toon Link had his brawl colors and two more colors that by your description sounded like they were the same as the NES colors pallette, but one was slightly more greyish. Was that the only change or was there something else?

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
A lot of Shulk supporters are wondering about the other alts/recolors.

Yesterday, you said that it was just the swimsuit alt and then the rest recolors, however, somebody else who was at the event said Shulk has some "sleeveless costumes." Can you recall seeing a sleeveless costume?

Bonus: Could it have looked like this?

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
You lot really need to stop asking about alt colours and costumes...

TheTactician

Smash Rookie
@Zipzo
Not sure if this was already asked, but what are your overall thoughts on Robin?

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I've been asking this a lot on the stream to no avail, so hopefully this gets seen and answered at your own pace~
And sorry if this has been asked before but:
You may not have been able to hear anything but if you could, did you notice characters of the same series having different victory themes or any other noticeable interesting music? In the E3 build Mario, Bowser, and Rosalina had different victory themes, so I'm just wondering if they've expanded on that, for example, maybe Shiek has a zelda victory theme remix with more emphasis on a harp?
And ony other themes or music you heard during matches that interested you?

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Heya @Zipzo

Did you manage to check out Bowser's alt colors? What did you see?
He saw blue (as mentioned in a leak) and gold ones. He mentioned it in a previous post. Not sure of the other colors but checking past Smash events might indicate what the other 6 are.

Top Bottom