• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorcerer's 11 Open

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Note: I see Xivii's Z25+Osie team theory. It's pretty funny. I made that long post with Z25 as a scumread and then reevaluated later because we're scumbuddies. Yeah. And agonized over a read on Z25 because we're scumbuddies. Yeah. This makes a TON of sense in the bigger picture. (No, it really doesn't.)
I like how cognizant you are of all this. Like someone who explicitly made a point to look like they were oh so agonizing over whether or not the wolf was a wolf so they could point it out later

osieorb18

Smash Ace
I like how cognizant you are of all this. Like someone who explicitly made a point to look like they were oh so agonizing over whether or not the wolf was a wolf so they could point it out later
Honey, 99% of the time, I either powerwolf or bus. Trying to do both is FPS to an extreme and usually gets people caught. It's not worth it. It's funny that you suggest that I'd try that here but I don't think you're really reading my posts if you are trying to suggest that I planned out some long elaborate scheme to go from a scumread to a townread on a person with whom I've never played. This is a 2-wolf setup. A 2-wolf setup with a town-sided set of roles.

It's a cute idea but you're just howling up the wrong tree.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Read pythag's progression on his Z read, especially from his first post.
I just did maybe 20 minutes ago. It's pretty much two posts saying "I'm starting to be convinced to vote for Z" and "I don't want to put Z to L-1 yet."

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Vote Count
Pythag - 5 - ExLight, osieorb18, Ranmaru, RaxxeL, Wiisp
Z25 - 2 - Xivii, UtopianPoyzin
UtopianPoyzin - 2 - Pythag, Kary
Wiisp - 1 - Z25
Ranmaru - 1 - funnier6

UtopianPoyzin: osieorb18(4) -> Z25(17)
Mamboo07/Kary: Z25(3) -> Replaced by Kary(18) -> UtopianPoyzin(?)
Xivii: ExLight(1) -> Mamboo07(12) -> Z25(14) -> Unvote(22) -> UtopianPoyzin(23)
Z25: Lore(20)
Pythag: funnier6(13) -> UtopianPoyzin(30)
Lore/Wiisp: osieorb18(11) -> Replaced by Wiisp(24) -> Z25(26) -> Pythag(32)
ExLight: Pythag(21)
funnier6: ExLight(7) -> Ranmaru(27)
Ranmaru: funnier6(6) -> OsieOrb18(9) -> Unvote(10) -> Z25(19) -> ExLight(25) -> Pythag(29)
RaxxeL: Lore(5) -> Pythag(31)
osieorb18: Ranmaru(2) -> Xivii(8) -> Unvote(15) -> Lore(16) -> Pythag(28)

Deadline is Feb 6th @ 5:00 PM PST.
With 11 players alive, it takes 6 to reach majority.

Last edited:

osieorb18

Smash Ace
despised self meta
uses self meta as defense
No, actually, though I figured you might go for that. Thanks for being predictable.

I pointed out that your argument is contrary to Occam's razor. Yes, I mentioned myself as an example. But not as an argument of self-meta. Instead it's saying that in my experience, from a theory perspective, your argument would suggest that I'm just a wolf playing badly here. And it's cute, but it's also something that's not supported by reading the game.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
My vote is still on Pythag in spirit, but I'm going to wait until 24 hours or fewer before the deadline to put them to L-1.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Funny story: Wiisp Wiisp is the only hold-out for me on this wagon being pure town. The fact that Xivii is fighting so hard against a Pythag lynch to the degree that they're going after me when I'm probably in the top 3 towniest players in the thread is a good sign for a Xivii-Pythag-??? team.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
I'm still thinking Kary.
Yeah, I'd support one of Kary, funnier, or Wiisp there. I'll have to reread the three of them, though I have the feeling that Wiisp should fall into place for me within the next 13 hours if they're active.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Same. Just have to make sure the town is set with the tools they need to ensure that they catch the rest in later days.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
So when i flip town, will you just go on to xivii?

I can't for the life of me figure out what he's doing here.
If you were to flip town, which I doubt will happen, I'd reread a bunch and decide on what I thought made the most sense. But I have a decent pile of townreads that has mostly just had a small fringe of change, so I'm not too worried about it.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
If you were to flip town, which I doubt will happen, I'd reread a bunch and decide on what I thought made the most sense. But I have a decent pile of townreads that has mostly just had a small fringe of change, so I'm not too worried about it.
Just want you to think about it.

you'll be nonplussed at my flip.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Pythag, can you elaborate more on your Kary read?

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Just want you to think about it.

you'll be nonplussed at my flip.
If you're trying to suggest that you're a town power role, then you should just claim it at this degree of pressure. Partial claims give you negative equity. If you're trying to suggest that you're town vanilla, then, I don't know. Show us some WIM!

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
What about Z's posts made you change your mind?
Ran's case on Ex actually made me take notice of Z's behavior.
Then when Ran asked questions, Z got really defensive and did an appeal to everyone asking about his activity, which, I didn't think accomplished much.

His case on lore I don't buy, and actually makes comments about the activity and content of Wiisp, while he is actively defensive about Ran commenting on his activity, and trying to shade me by comparing our activity.

I believe osie's case more, even if I don't agree with it.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Ok town pythag makes sense here too. I need to reevaulte. Seeing Z's flip would be helpful

ranmaru ranmaru what would it take to get you to switch back over to Z?

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Ran's case on Ex actually made me take notice of Z's behavior.
Then when Ran asked questions, Z got really defensive and did an appeal to everyone asking about his activity, which, I didn't think accomplished much.

His case on lore I don't buy, and actually makes comments about the activity and content of Wiisp, while he is actively defensive about Ran commenting on his activity, and trying to shade me by comparing our activity.

I believe osie's case more, even if I don't agree with it.
So your only real scum motivation on Z is being defensive?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pythag, can you elaborate more on your Kary read?
Kary is typically pretty terse, although i do see him interact with you, and I haven't seen that as much this game.
Nothing about it threw me.

I was glad to see he was on UP, which made me like him more.
And I don't think my comments at all would have ever swayed him to think that.
My thought process - Kary is on UP, I don't see Scum Kary going for UP hoping and praying that I'll just take up that mantle and get more steam going for that wagon. especially since at the time my vote was on Funnier.

Kary and Xivii read really similarly, they ask good questions that make me think, and shows me their thinking.
Xivii however is much more on the shady side than Kary, maybe that's because of activity, but especially this stuff at the end has been really bizarre.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Zen, I think it's unlikely I'll switch back to Z. Yet I still want to see your full reads list.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
You'd have me believe lore is a wolf because he ragequit when you actively antagonized him, he couldn't get you lynched?
It really wasn't very much in the way of antagonism. And at this point I'm more inclined to think that Lore was emotional about being ignored and that his alignment was not completely relevant to the replace out. That I'll figure out the slot's alignment better from reading Wisp than I would from reading Lore.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
It really wasn't very much in the way of antagonism.
Also osie

"They posted in Haikus for a large portion of the day phase, even when people were asking them to stop."

[quite]
And at this point I'm more inclined to think that Lore was emotional about being ignored and that his alignment was not completely relevant to the replace out. That I'll figure out the slot's alignment better from reading Wisp than I would from reading Lore.[/QUOTE]

I’m inclined to agree with your emotional view of lore, but your vote was on him a long time, even when lore was inactive.

So which is it? He was clearly scum who got mad that he couldn’t lynch you(at the beginning of day 1 no less), or he was an emotional guy mad he got ignored?

osieorb18

Smash Ace
I’m inclined to agree with your emotional view of lore, but your vote was on him a long time, even when lore was inactive.

So which is it? He was clearly scum who got mad that he couldn’t lynch you(at the beginning of day 1 no less), or he was an emotional guy mad he got ignored?
I'm not sure. I think getting mad about being ignored applies even if the slot was scum.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
funnier save my ass and explain them some of the most ridiculous things I've done in my few months of mafia

Pythag's arguments were mostly parrotings I had already addressed trying to make me look bad
If he really were scumreading me why didn't he address me and demanded explanations or clarifications? why not poke these things he thought to be off?
and as Rammy pointed he didn't even had the balls to explicitly say he was scumreading me which is just a really passive posture, which doesn't fit the aggressive follow up after I counterpoke him imo

although he does make a somewhat fair point about the chart which is mostly a silly meme that doesn't reflect any super serious positions specially since I don't know anyone here other than funnier and to a very small degree poy

My vote was there mostly because I want him to become a counterwagon since he's on everyone's bottom 3 reads and I feel like it's fair
but I feel like I'm the one going to get wagoned instead aren't I :surppika:

not on D1, no, yea
maybe I'll be more excited about it D2
Why are you ignoring the fact that he was specifically responding to my request for his thoughts on you?

Top Bottom