• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorcerer's 11 Open

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
Z25 and Lore are both doubling down on their dislike of Osie's haiku format. From what I've read, Z's reasoning is at least fair enough, though I think he is overselling how valuable a word count is. Personally, I think someone posting a paragraph of word salad that ultimately offers little in the way of actual content is far more anti-town than someone bringing content in a short and concise format. It's true that the less you say, the easier it is to not slip up as scum, but this reasoning isn't strong enough in my opinion, especially in the face of osie doubling down on their speech pattern. A scum player would more likely try and appease this early into the game. However, despite me disagreeing with Z's attack on Osie, I'm not getting a strong scum read at the moment from him. This early into the game, I can't blame him for going after the speech pattern of someone since he has little to go on for anyone else.
I disagree with a lot of this argument for why short haikus are just as good as longer posts and also disagree that Osie double downing on it is town when clearly speaking in haiku is extremely common to them

I also feel like you really should have some kind of lean on Z here especially since you took the time to write all this

There has to be some kind of feeling of which way does this come from? Unless you've never played with Z before? But still I feel like this was important to you since you typed all this about it but you came to no conclusion for all that?
Are you saying that both Lore and Z25 are scum?

Because honestly I'm not sure about that, I think that would be WAY too obvious. No way a scum duo would want to attack the same person early game and risk association with each other like what is happening right now. As it stands it's one or the other to me.
I'm inclined to agree here, though personally they both seem pretty town atm
This earns a solid town read from me.
Earning town reads always disgusts me

People are town or people are not

Their actions do not change that

Their isnt a good boi threshold that automatically makes a person town after they make so many posts you agree with

Any alignment could've made that post, its objectively towny, does not take much brain to post it for town cred

Filing this under "My Mafia Opinions"
Come sit on my lap,
My poor innocent baby.
I've stories to tell.

Stories which may scare
But are truely fantastic.
Wondrous wolfy games.
You seem like a really scary person tbh
So you find Lore as scum. Your points are interesting, I do wonder if your right about it being to easy. I would normally say yes but I’ve seen scum Lore play and town lore play and both can have similar behavior.
This feels

Really stilted

It doesnt feel like hes actually wondering about any of it and is just trying to think of something to respond with

Idk how that makes me feel about him but not something I like to see

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ran's case on Ex actually made me take notice of Z's behavior.
Then when Ran asked questions, Z got really defensive and did an appeal to everyone asking about his activity, which, I didn't think accomplished much.

His case on lore I don't buy, and actually makes comments about the activity and content of Wiisp, while he is actively defensive about Ran commenting on his activity, and trying to shade me by comparing our activity.

I believe osie's case more, even if I don't agree with it.
Ok your stretching things a bit here, especially when you have had to have played at least 6-10 games with me before.

You have seen me defensive and when I get that way my behavior escalates a lot worse then lores. Which is why I took a break before returning to games. Regardless,

1) I asked a simple question. I wasn’t appealing to anyone. I’m fine with where I was at in this game. I asked on behalf of ran to see if I truly wasn’t being active enough despite my best efforts as I wouldn’t want to be playing with someone inactive so I wanted to see how people thought about my activity to better it if need be. There was no motive there and it’s bit ridiculous to think there was and try to use it as scum intent.

2) and actively making comments on wiisps actively? Wtf are you actually saying? I asked them once when it seemed like they were caught up on the thread for their thoughts. I never took issue with their activity, I just stated I’d like to hear more, same for Kary who also swapped in.
3) and actively defensive about ran? Again I commented once there. If that’s your definition of actively then you need to rethink it.

Like I said before I’m fine with scum reads on me, but they should at least be logical and sound reasons. This just feels like a weak push from you because your at plus 5 votes atm.
Pythag is just the right lynch.
Honestly starting to feel the same right now

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
funnier6 funnier6 , thoughts on Osie?
I answered this once before but I've got a better grasp on them now and basically where I'm at is GOOD PLAYER

Clearly very adept and experienced and I certainly hope they're town cause I dont see them getting caught here there simply isnt enough data

If I actually wanted to form a read I'd need two town games and two scum games from them to skim through and ponder and analyze and aint nobody got time fo dat so I shall sit here and be wary and hope others are doing the same

Reads as person you do not want to mess with and has even more power than usual among strangers who are more likely to blindly accept their wisdom

The content is nice the reads are nice but its all immaterial to me because this is someone who could fake that

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Looking at the osie and xi discussion a few pages back, it’s an interesting one.

I could definitely see one of the two being sorcerer in the context of how much they were defending someone, but the more I read it, it just comes off as two townies with high reads on a player. Which I think makes sense as we have over 20 pages of content to go through for just the first day. So I could see how they have such strong reads that they don’t see as wrong.

Could go either way but I wouldn’t bet on either of them being sorcerer currently. Maybe one is a wolf but I kinda of doubt that currently

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I actually really like Funniers recent postings.

@z Are you honestly trying to condemn me for self preservation?

Osie was doing the same thing earlier.
(Something like if I vote for Wiisp, or z, it’s Bs)

Didn’t you have a big post about how you expect that from a town player? Or does that only apply when you’re on the chopping block?

If everyone was dead set on a z25 v lore wagon, Which is what a LARGE portion of this day has been, and what it looked like everyone was deciding upon, I vote you before I vote Wiisp, and I would vote one of you to avoid a NL.

Perhaps that was putting the cart before the horse.

xivii, why am I town all of a sudden?
What makes me not the play?
Are Ran and Osie town?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I actually really like Funniers recent postings.

@z Are you honestly trying to condemn me for self preservation?

Osie was doing the same thing earlier.
(Something like if I vote for Wiisp, or z, it’s Bs)

Didn’t you have a big post about how you expect that from a town player? Or does that only apply when you’re on the chopping block?

If everyone was dead set on a z25 v lore wagon, Which is what a LARGE portion of this day has been, and what it looked like everyone was deciding upon, I vote you before I vote Wiisp, and I would vote one of you to avoid a NL.

Perhaps that was putting the cart before the horse.

xivii, why am I town all of a sudden?
What makes me not the play?
Are Ran and Osie town?
I never said you were wrong for self preservation. And yes a townie would normally do that, but you were already a scum lean for me and honestly not much has changed. Self preservation I would say is more when you vote for the other wagon if there are tso.

Trying to throw other players under the bus isn’t self preservation imo. It makes it look like a cornered scum trying their best to drag someone else with them or instead of them. A play that happens quite a bit. Regardless as you can see I’m not voting you atm because I value the discussions and they give us good content to work with so I’m not shutting it down before deadline.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
  1. UtopianPoyzin
  2. #HBC | Kary
  3. Xivii (think I am ok with removing this from the lynch pool today, we will see)
  4. Z25
  5. Pythag
  6. Wiisp
  7. ExLight
  8. funnier6
  9. Ranmaru (because Osie likes them, and I have yet to see anything I hate, may change)
  10. Raxxel
  11. osieorb18

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
is this game majority lynch only?
Lynches will happen whenever a player reaches a majority of living players' votes.
  • If this does not happen before the deadline, whoever has the most votes will be lynched.
  • If multiple people have the same number of votes, whoever has been at that number of votes or greater the longest will be lynched.
  • Deus Ex Machina Rule: If all living Town players are voting for the same target at deadline, they'll be lynched regardless.

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
Z25 is a player who I see routinely get totally scum read for tone or what not, while being legitimate. I'm trying to keep that in mind, which is also why I'm inclined to see him as cranky town.
This is helpful thanks
I think a Lore!scum flip would pretty much clear xivii in my mind.
Explain
ExLight ExLight To explain,
I am one of those players
Who disdains meta.

It can be useful,
But it should never be the
Primary read source.

At least that's my thought.
Your mileage may vary some.
All's fair, Love and War.
I'd love to have a debate on that if youre game
But the gutread has
Context, intent, extra thought.
Meta's rare t'express.
Dont understand where youre coming from here

Meta is a lot easier to express than gut reads a lot of the time lol

Also many gut reads are based off of meta

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
honestly D1 is pretty much a shot in the dark and if it would save the host some headaches from the whole finding subs stuff I'm fine with lynching whoever is subbing out
Lame
I'm usually universally scumread due to unorthodox positions on some stuff, I'm high activity, super paranoid, and I either burn out or panic easily.
Burn out and panic easily aren't mutually exclusive, you do both at once occasionally.

Though I dont really recall you ever burning out
I don't have a definitive meta because I like trying different approaches, but apparently I OMGUS, and infofish, and tinfoil a lot as town
You do all of those as both alignments
I think Lore would be more likely to rage quit in this scenario as caught scum.
I dont really want to go there but this meta of rage quitting as scum in the middle of day one over something as pointless and stupid as that is beyond me

Let alone caught!

That wasnt anywhere remotely vaguely approaching caught

He had literally the entire rest of the day to actually play the game

I really dont see how you believe this this is super reaching
Alright, that’s what I thought. osieorb18 osieorb18 , would you consider this an unprompted defense or a genuine self-presentation of information? I want to make sure ExLight isn’t pre-emptively saying their usually scumread to make up for being scumread in the future.
I like how youre acting like you've never met Ex before

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I disagree with a lot of this argument for why short haikus are just as good as longer posts and also disagree that Osie double downing on it is town when clearly speaking in haiku is extremely common to them

I also feel like you really should have some kind of lean on Z here especially since you took the time to write all this

There has to be some kind of feeling of which way does this come from? Unless you've never played with Z before? But still I feel like this was important to you since you typed all this about it but you came to no conclusion for all that?

I'm inclined to agree here, though personally they both seem pretty town atm

Earning town reads always disgusts me

People are town or people are not

Their actions do not change that

Their isnt a good boi threshold that automatically makes a person town after they make so many posts you agree with

Any alignment could've made that post, its objectively towny, does not take much brain to post it for town cred

Filing this under "My Mafia Opinions"

You seem like a really scary person tbh

This feels

Really stilted

It doesnt feel like hes actually wondering about any of it and is just trying to think of something to respond with

Idk how that makes me feel about him but not something I like to see
I eventually did develop a scum le
  1. UtopianPoyzin
  2. #HBC | Kary
  3. Xivii (think I am ok with removing this from the lynch pool today, we will see)
  4. Z25
  5. Pythag
  6. Wiisp
  7. ExLight
  8. funnier6
  9. Ranmaru (because Osie likes them, and I have yet to see anything I hate, may change)
  10. Raxxel
  11. osieorb18
I'm curious, you were defensive of ExLight, but you still see them being in the lynch pool? Unless I'm not reading this correctly? Expand on Kary as well?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Trying to throw other players under the bus isn’t self preservation imo. It makes it look like a cornered scum trying their best to drag someone else with them or instead of them.
This is actually enlightening to me, not because of the concept of throwing others under the bus, but I'm slowly grasping some things.

I look cornered cause I felt cornered.
I thought the decision was going to be your vs lore.
If I thought both of you were town, but I was clearly in the minority for quite a while.
That discussion wasn't going away, and it looked like it would be a z25 v. wiisp lynch, and while I didn't love it, a lynch is better than no lynch.
Therefore I felt I had to make a decision, how I would vote should that come to it.
And I thought it would attract a lot of attention to vote for someone

I think I did already, and this was much more at the time.
General idea I had :

Should lore flip scum, xivii was one of the early ones poking at lore, questioning his moves, and lore believed he had 'drawn out' xivii to defend his scum partner osie (i think). Thinking lore was just town, I saw xivii as more opportunistic, or manipulative. Not that xivii expected a ragequit, but thinking with minimal posting he could paint lore as scummy. If lore actually WERE to flip scum, that makes xivii appear less opportunistic in my mind.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
****, sorry Funnier, lemme finish that sentence.

I did eventually develop a scum lean on Z. At the time however, I felt the post I was responding to was too little to go off of.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Raxxel, how is your read developing on Kary right now?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow. I'm doing such a terrible job with my posts. let me finish that thought.

If I thought both of you were town, but I was clearly in the minority for quite a while.
That discussion wasn't going away, and it looked like it would be a z25 v. wiisp lynch, and while I didn't love it, a lynch is better than no lynch.
Therefore I felt I had to make a decision, how I would vote should that come to it.
And I thought it would attract a lot of attention to vote for someone that I said I didn't find scummy,

But if I feel I have to vote for one of you two, I would find something that would push me for one vs the other.

I figured that would be better than flipping a coin. It looks like I'm going today though. So I really was anticipating something that wasn't coming to fruition.

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
This is possible. One way or another, good riddance. It's kinda depressing if both of the replacements are wolves, and I'm actually thinking that he might be just badly tunneled town, but it wouldn't surprise me one way or another.
Has anyone ever told you that making things personal in mafia is unhealthy
Town Leaning
#143 Good post, reasonable.

#176 Solid stance on Osie, which he posted 10 minutes after my push on Osie.

#191 Fair post at this point, since scum don't seem to be claiming in the open.

#209 Good post.

#213 Reasonable.

#219 The only thing I can see is the dismissiveness at this point. Need citations for meta.

So in general, Xiivi has been reasonable and posting solid stances when he could. He is a town-lean.

--

#215 Good post.

#220 Good post.

UP is reasonable, being pro-active with questioning and making good points.

--

#288 Is a good post, and I can now understand how the haiku format could be a problem if Xiivi hadn't asked her to provide links within them. Even so, what I like about Osie, is that she is still providing content through the posting restriction. I don't mind having to read through it, as long as she's pushing her scum reads and giving stances. Admittedly I am skimming this post so I can move on with my catch up, but I can see she put the time to think about her stances with post numbers as well. I don't agree with her push on Lore, but I do like the stance on Z and Pythag. Need to talk more about Xiivi with her though.

--

#136 Brash.

#286 Like that he brings up Lore as town. Don't think anyone else had this stance on Lore.

#322 Tone comes across as genuine.

I have not much else to read Funnier by, so I have him as slight town.

--

#207 I disagree with this, yet I believe Lore believes in that push enough to vote on it. This comes with meta, and if I need to bring up references, I will. Lore can be stubborn with their beliefs, as I used to be.

#299 This is an instant reaction, so I can see that they still are in this tunnel, which really isn't a tunnel? (It's still policy) I find this slight town, mostly because he might want to reconsider his position after that post if he were scum.

I find the replace out null, and feel we should simply read the replacement and their play.

Scum Leaning
#202 Uses UP RVS vote reasoning as justification for his reasoning on Osie.
#203 Agree with Xiivi that this is dismissive and it isn't to determine alignment nor help UP.
#232 This post is a reach.

#298 This is him thanking Osie for a more in depth post. He finds her points on Lore interesting yet is wishy washy on them.

So in general, has more posts but they are a back and forth with UP about his problem with Osie, which vanishes in #298. Afterwords, he doesn't post anything else, nor a vote. He is being reactive, isn't trying to help town progress.

--

#258 I find this post to be pretty bad, mostly because his reasons to scumread are weak, and doesn't really consider other posts by those people. His reason for town reading ZZ5 is weak too.

#263 UP asks him how he is all over the map, and Pythag doesn't explain this, yet being a scumread of his. Also uses Kevin as a reason for voting Ex, which I find a stretch. Not every person is the same.

Pythag also hasn't had much of a presence, and his reads are lacking genuineness. His vote on Ex seems to be scum voting low hanging fruit.
I really dislike how many post numbers are in here just to say "good post" "reasonable" "reasonable good post" Like no one wants to hear that

If youre going to mention a post specifically I'm going to want nitty gritty on why this post was interesting what does it say about that person what do I think about their reasoning and why

Saying "good post" is literally just fluff to make it look like you did a lot of work when really you only provided thoughts on like four posts tops which you could've easily just quoted and made more accessible than link hopping to see what on earth post you think is "good"

Like so much of this is just commentary

Nobody wants commentary

I wanna know what you think that means for each person in detail

Describing the post you linked is such a completely irrelevant waste of time lol
However with Rax's post, I see where they are coming. They haven't played too many games here though so I think its a little early to go and say that funnier is playing to just scrape by like a player in a previous game.
Tbqh I had absolutely no idea that this would turn into a 1k post game on day one

WITH ELEVEN PLAYERS

I really wish I hadn't committed because this is just a really busy time for me but too little too late and I'm trying my best
#142 This doesn't help you or town determine Funnier's alignment. Funnier replied Yes to you, but everyone will respond with Yes. No mafia would say no. Some of your questions are good, but questions like these you should ask less of to be more effective in finding scum. I tell you this because I town read you.
I really really dont know what the bolded is supposed to mean

You would not say this if you thought he was scum??

You would not point it out and say these questions youre asking suck I'm scum reading you for them because I think youre avoiding providing actual content??

I dont understand

It feels like high and mighty let me come down off my throne and condescend to critique thine play foolish mortal

What is the reasoning here

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This is actually enlightening to me, not because of the concept of throwing others under the bus, but I'm slowly grasping some things.

And I thought it would attract a lot of attention to vote for someone

I think I did already, and this was much more at the time.
General idea I had :

Should lore flip scum, xivii was one of the early ones poking at lore, questioning his moves, and lore believed he had 'drawn out' xivii to defend his scum partner osie (i think). Thinking lore was just town, I saw xivii as more opportunistic, or manipulative. Not that xivii expected a ragequit, but thinking with minimal posting he could paint lore as scummy. If lore actually WERE to flip scum, that makes xivii appear less opportunistic in my mind.
This is fair enough. I get it that wagons suck and pressure can be pretty hard to deal with.

Curious though, what are your current thoughts on the game if you were to ignore your wagon and go off of your own reads and thoughts. Where is your head at?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It is to make his scumhunting more efficient. In no way is it high and mighty, it is me helping. It is a critique.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Has anyone ever told you that making things personal in mafia is unhealthy

I really dislike how many post numbers are in here just to say "good post" "reasonable" "reasonable good post" Like no one wants to hear that

If youre going to mention a post specifically I'm going to want nitty gritty on why this post was interesting what does it say about that person what do I think about their reasoning and why

Saying "good post" is literally just fluff to make it look like you did a lot of work when really you only provided thoughts on like four posts tops which you could've easily just quoted and made more accessible than link hopping to see what on earth post you think is "good"

Like so much of this is just commentary

Nobody wants commentary

I wanna know what you think that means for each person in detail

Describing the post you linked is such a completely irrelevant waste of time lol

Tbqh I had absolutely no idea that this would turn into a 1k post game on day one

WITH ELEVEN PLAYERS

I really wish I hadn't committed because this is just a really busy time for me but too little too late and I'm trying my best

I really really dont know what the bolded is supposed to mean

You would not say this if you thought he was scum??

You would not point it out and say these questions youre asking suck I'm scum reading you for them because I think youre avoiding providing actual content??

I dont understand

It feels like high and mighty let me come down off my throne and condescend to critique thine play foolish mortal

What is the reasoning here
I didn’t even realize it was 1k posts now. Last I saw it was in the 600s holy ****.

Still this makes it a pretty fun and productive game to partake in and honestly one of the better games we have had here in awhile.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Raxxel, how is your read developing on Kary right now?
Null town. Their reads and behavior are interesting. I especially enjoy #621, they have a sharp eye for contradiction it seems and that's a town tell.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I eventually did develop a scum le

I'm curious, you were defensive of ExLight, but you still see them being in the lynch pool? Unless I'm not reading this correctly? Expand on Kary as well?
What read is there to expand on, and I'd be happy to answer your other question if have the time to point out the posts that come off as me defending EX

Either way the answers probably won't come till tonight after work

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
What read is there to expand on, and I'd be happy to answer your other question if have the time to point out the posts that come off as me defending EX

Either way the answers probably won't come till tonight after work
so they attacked someone based on their interpretation of said person's posts?
would you like everyone to take a seat on a wall like humpty dumpty till someone gives them a nice shove?
do only wolves defend themselves nowadays?
This is what I'm thinking about in particular.

I assume you have different reasons for suspecting Ex and I'm curious to hear them. I also want to know why you suspect Kary, as that slot seems to be quite divisive in general.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I don't agree with that particular point on Ex, but I don't think I ever particularly liked Ex except that one post, but my response was mostly a meme

And the people not crossed out arent wolf leans, they are just people I am ok with voting for

I can probably expand on them once I get out of work though

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
Interested in the Pythag read as well.

I was particularly interested in their Z25 read earlier, but it was already answered aptly so Raxxel I’m fine if Rax doesn’t feel anything different about that slot.
Why’d you answer the second bit for Rax
Ok caught up. Kinda of sucks to see Lore leave, but I've seen that behavior happen before when frustrated. Remembering their plays as scum, I think the idea that they left after being tunneled as scum makes a lot of sense.
Good grief what are his scum plays like
I was looking up the word for “susceptible to change”
I guess saying susceptible to change was too obvious?

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
osieorb18 osieorb18 osieorb18 osieorb18 is it bad that I think this is a good post
I think it’s bad that you need Osie’s permission to think it’s good yeah
Lore DID do basically the same thing last time he was mafia.
Oof
Dooplissity Dooplissity Mod Request VoteCount. Also can you list how much is needed to lynch, with deadline, thank you. (I know this is a lot, sorry)
This isn’t really a lot tbh
Could give good info on Xi and allow us to re look at the interactions they had with pause and how those responses from others could be viewed. It’s a good talking point and with their behavior being strikingly similar to past games I think there’s a lot to learn from that flip
Yeah idk what to make of this atm without seeing these other Lore scum rage quits (God help me) but this does seem like taking advantage of that to try for a mislynch on him

Need that data on Lore first

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
This is fair enough. I get it that wagons suck and pressure can be pretty hard to deal with.

Curious though, what are your current thoughts on the game if you were to ignore your wagon and go off of your own reads and thoughts. Where is your head at?

Here's how I see the game. I see groups of people.

Group 1
Z25 - Wiisp

like it or not you two are linked.
I didn't think either of you is scum.

z25 read exactly like he always has.
So did Lore, for that matter.
Wiisp is fine. He's been active and present.
I do find it interesting that he's on me as almost a policy/self preservation vote, when z25 and osie seem to be very against that.

GROUP 2
Osie-xivii-Ran
Ran joined this group later.

Ran's posting pretty town. I haven't seen anything that pings me, he's trying to get information out there for town. And doing follow up.

Osie - doesn't have the game solved, but is convinced he found 2 scum. Me and Xivii. However, his case on xivii seems to fall apart if I flip town. Misguided townie? idk.

Xivii - looked manipulative in the beginning, but has been asking questions that show me he's thinking. I DON'T understand his desire to kill sorcerer over wolf. At that point why not go for you strongest scum read?

Group 3
Exlight-Funnier6

Ex technically started the wagon on me, and all he had to say was 'oh wow, pythag almost got hammered'
when it looked like there was quite a lot to talk about.
Does he have anything to say about xivii? Or any of the following ridiculous Sorcerer talk?
How does he feel that Osie and Ran feel the have the game solved D1? Do you agree?

on the flip side, I've been liking funnier more and more. I think he's actually trying to figure out what's going on. He hasn't let people get away with assumptions or vague statements. He's had a remarkable amount of follow up.

Group 3 (The loners):

UP
Not in a group, which is strange for how many interactions he's had. I agree with Kary, it didn't look like he was trying to solve anything.
What's become of any of his questions, or his interactions?

Rax
Can't exactly figure out his plays. Not necessarily scummy, but also not necessarily townie. Hasn't pinged me much, I lean townie because I like his questions.

Kary
Potentially lackluster intro, but what he has posted has been fine. He's reading what people are saying and asking followup questions. Like a funnier6 that has a word limit.

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
This is an overly defensive response.
That said, I don't like this post
I do like this however
I’m getting mixed signals on these quotes because the second and third lines both seemed to refer to the same post

Either way I don’t really like that you felt like responding just to say “this is overly defensive I don’t like it”

Especially when you didn’t compare and contrast to the second post which you apparently liked
I fundamentally disagree with you here, but that's alright. Info-lynches of maybe-towns should rarely be our goal.
The phrase info lynch just always gives me a chill for some reason
Pythag I legitimately forgot was in this for awhile which is odd as he’s a lot more notable usually. And then ex would be a guess if the others weren’t it but it’s more of a potential gut read there. Everyone else is null atm
I don’t follow your thought process here where Ex is scum if your other guesses are wrong

Yet everybody else is null

How would you describe Pyth’s town notablenees
I am unsure of your alignment and I want to see if anybody else has any conviction with their read on you.
Can’t imagine why they would, you know me better, if you don’t why should they (except Ex)
As long as you are getting on it, it is fine. I suggest starting on it tomorrow, my catch up took an hour or two. Nice to meet you, I am Ranmaru. Welcome to Dgames.
Hahahaha an hour or two

I’ve already lost track of how long this blasted catch up has been taking me and I’m not even halfway through the thread

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
funfun can confirm my meta info
Unfortunately
I'm in pretty much all recent games in bulbapedia and ZD forums

and damn the cooldown here is massive
what a pain
Bulbagarden*
I'm kinda not in the mood of going around searching for each person's excuse to vote whoever they're voting so if they could re-explain it to a lazy blob like me so I don't have to go around and read almost 500 posts that would be GREAT
I’m caught up on them now if you still need help lol
If I were to make a readslist based on gut feeling and on the vote history right now I'd say Poy, Lore, Pythag as scum
Why Pyth
what do I think about myself? is that a meta question
Yes and I don’t believe you’ve answered it
Or do you just make sure to take a harsh tone with anyone that you're suspicious of?
I’d like to know this too mmmm
funnier is too collected and somewhat excited which is not something I was expecting
Bruh I am neither and have been obviously neither the entire game lol

Collected boi you crazy
haiku seems legit upset at what resulted from her poking which feels townie
Legit angry*

osieorb18

Smash Ace
I would like to hear more about your mindset for why Exlight is worth protecting.
I had people who gave me the same leniency in my early games, and I appreciated it. If ExLight is scum, they will be not too hard to sort later.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
was it his RVS vote? or did he provide an excuse to seriously vote funnier?
Hmm...

He got into the thread when RVS had ended pretty much.

He claimed to legitimately scumread funnier to the degree that he voted funnier over an explained scumread of UP.

ExLight

Smash Lord
hi I think I passed out in my sofa :surppika:
I'm awake now and will be catching up just a sec

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Lol

this is like his 28th game or something absurd like that

idk if he mentioned it already

A foal is a very good analogy but I’m surprised you’re protective of him
I've also been wanting to use that quote for almost 3 years.

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
oh apparently I deleted some stuff that I had written oof

Sakurai guy is voting lore just to save his ass
Poy is being a bit too aggressive here
dark shy guy is giving those "gonna defend myself and shift the topic with a zillion questions so the other seem in the defensive instead"
funnier is too collected and somewhat excited which is not something I was expecting
haiku seems legit upset at what resulted from her poking which feels townie

I kinda want to interact with Xivii, Rax, and with you a bit more directly
Just gonna quote this whole thing cause I want some explanations on all your reads tbh
As a host, I'd have to think long and hard about whether or not that slot should be modkilled or replaced.
I would not
does funnier usually live up to his promises? Or will his procrastination turn into multi-day coasting
Idk you tell me

glugs chocolate milk

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
osieorb18 osieorb18 Pythat only came in thread around page 7, in response to UP asking him to give thoughts.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Like seriously this is just SO messed up

You really should never ask the host to replace someone in the middle of a game, PM them and bring it up if you must, but this is disgusting and detrimental to the integrity of the game

Between this kind of behavior and site mods who pitch fits and sub out I have no idea how y'all can seriously play mafia and not take issue with these kinds of behaviors

Yes I know thats off topic but I take issue and I think you should too

I...'m pretty sure he's just always like that. What makes this scummy compared to other games you've played with him?

Trying to influence seer is dumb and redundant, they should pick who they think is best

If youre giving your personal preference thats nice but what exactly is your rationale, what makes a player a good check to you

While we're on that topic what the heck do you mean sorcerer vibe? Does this setup get played often? How the heck do you know what a sorcerer vibe is? What does the vibe feel like? What does it mean to you?

Like I really really think this should be handled privately and not in the middle of the thread

Otherwise players can make really gross really accurate reads off of it and vomits

Also sorry if youre taking any of this super critically I'm not trying to say you and your rules suck or anything but I'd love to have a conversation about this after the game is over if you'd like
I've been trying to avoid commenting on most of the OoG BS going on in the thread because it's my first time on this site and I figured they might just be more open to this sort of stuff. But you're right. It's disgusting, and it really shouldn't be happening.

Finally came back to this

I'm really in two minds about it because on the hand I think I might've got him confused with Z2 some third letter dude who had much the same thoughts on Osie but who said them in a more considerate way I liked

Or it might be that I thought his extreme dislike and willingness to keep his vote there for a really stupid reason was a town move just because drawing that much attention to yourself over something as dumb as that doesnt happen very often as scum

So yes I know thats a lame answer but both of those reads are true in the present at the very least, I just can't promise it was what was going through my head at the time osieorb18 osieorb18
Hmm. I'm seeing it as up in the air now that I've had time to reflect.

Top Bottom