• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorcerer's 11 Open

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Zen, why did you ask Pythag about Exlight?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
(to be specific, that was already answered in detail, which tells you're not actually looking in-depth at the reasoning behind my thoughts, as you're in confirmation-bias phase)

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Vote: wisp

I tried to catch up on the recent pages, but I'm getting sleepy and yal really went at it! I can't imagine being very active these next couple of days, so here's a tentative read list before I sign off.

[Town] Ran, Rax, pythag, UP, Osie, Ex, Kary, Z25, Wisp, Funnier [Scum]

Z25 Z25 I think your activity has been on par with the rest of the game.

ExLight

Smash Lord
Why are you ignoring the fact that he was specifically responding to my request for his thoughts on you?
I'm not
I was just annoyed that outta nowhere he had a scumread on me that he never hinted before that was mostly parroting
and never tried to interact with me to solidify/elaborate his views

How do you all feel about my activity since ran has a problem with it? If more people agree with ran that’s fine, I’ll work on trying to contribute more, but I want honest opinions here. How do my contributions fair in all your books?
honestly your activity seems better than 70% of the people I've ever played with
this message seems to be somewhat AtE
like, eh, you can have some initiative for a few minutes in your free time to catch up and make one or two larger posts

would you like everyone to take a seat on a wall like humpty dumpty till someone gives them a nice shove?
do only wolves defend themselves nowadays?
this is quite the AtE too

funnier6 funnier6 does Wiisp also give you Sunfan vibes?

ExLight's a newb. Like a floppy new foal, wobbling around on its shaky legs, trying to figure out how to run. You guys are not allowed to lynch him toDay, over my dead body.
this is at the same time comforting and a backhanded slap :bulbacute:

we are also never ever ever voting Utopian today
Why?

You are beautiful.
where did this come from :surppika:

Pythag is sorcerer and I'd rather go for a wolf. His complete reversal of his Z read here is highly indicative that Z is scum (bussing as he's about to be lynched).
How did you come to this conclusion and why wouldn't we want to lynch the sorcerer if they undermine 1/3 of the cop's result while being able to out him

Not necessary though, cause we already know who sorcerer is. This is an informationless lynch.
Informationless? He interacted with a lot of people, we might be able to find the whole scumteam D1 if we hit a sorcerer today, lol
The role flips upon death, right? Am I going crazy or something?

Wiisp: if pythag is sorcerer why isn't he voting me?
is this a scumfession or something :confused:

funnier6.

His talk of changing off of funnier6? No reasons. Only "I'm not certain any more." And now funnier6 is at null for Pythag. Why? Who knows.
was it his RVS vote? or did he provide an excuse to seriously vote funnier?

[Town] Ran, Rax, pythag, UP, Osie, Ex, Kary, Z25, Wisp, Funnier [Scum]
Why are UP and Rax so high?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Z25 - 4 - Kary, Xivii, UtopianPoyzin, Wiisp
This votecount is also wrong.

#HBC | Kary
Why are you not voting you scum lean? Pozin?
Why does your vote seem to missing? did you unvote utopia?
blame the mod

ExLight's a newb. Like a floppy new foal, wobbling around on its shaky legs, trying to figure out how to run. You guys are not allowed to lynch him toDay, over my dead body.
I would like to hear more about your mindset for why Exlight is worth protecting.

what the hell are you people talking about
how the hell is Xivii so confident
Xivii has been making baseless reads since 163, but people are giving him a town read anyways.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I had a few things to say as I skimmed the bloated blather that is these last ten pages, but I deleted my clipboard notes by accident. I guess the important things are the following:

I would sooner vote one of Wiisp/Z25 than vote Pythag. I usually give Pythag a town read for sounding sincere (tone of his posts) and working on his own initiative, no feeling of a mafia agenda, and I'm happy to do that again here. Maybe this is finally the game I get fooled by scum Pythag but his is not a slot I'm very afraid of.
So I don't like the waggon on Pythag but I am at least glad to see a waggon instead of this back and forth that goes nowhere.

For anyone who thinks UtopianPoyzin is trying to "solve the game" I would like to see which posts you would consider evidence for that. Simply posting a lot is not a town tell, particularly from his slot. Raxxel Raxxel tagging you since you seemed to have an opinion on this earlier.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Kary, what is your read on Xiivi?
Null-scum and I haven't seen enough from him but I guess I'm obliged to give him some time since he said he was sick.
Not that he's easy to read in the first place because he plays the game for his own amusement and not towards a town win-con.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Why didn't you ask for scumreads from him as you replaced in?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Why didn't you ask for scumreads from him as you replaced in?
Well beside the fact that I had to read the thread and get up to speed with what was going on, he posted a scum pool in 163 that made it clear that he was jumping to conclusions and not playing sensibly. I don't think it is worth asking him for reads when his reads don't make sense anyways. I've tried asking him things directly in the past and have not been happy with the results. I prefer to just see what he does.

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
Lol

this is like his 28th game or something absurd like that

idk if he mentioned it already

A foal is a very good analogy but I’m surprised you’re protective of him

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
is this too few or too many I still don't get it
I have just a few months of experience tho
It’s entirely too many for less than a year of playing lol

Think Ima go back to sleep
and what the **** you mean a foal is a good analogy yeet
Because you do wobble around like you’re trying to figure out this whole walking thing XD

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
I have Xivii as lean-town.
Hi yes why

At this point in time of course if you remember that far back
Z25 is my most suspicious at the moment but I know that they have a habit of focusing on game mechanics rather than player alignment so I may give it a pass if I get more townie vibes.
I haven't seen him talk about mechanics at all? Whats your point here?
Also, @Mamboo07 , please take time to answer questions in early game. Currently, given I think this is your first game and I know how you are outside of this, I'm reading you as newbie town, but you need to pipe up or you'll become the focus of town and scum alike given how both parties enjoy picking on silent players.
This feels like

Coaxing a puppy out with sweet words

"It's okay you can come out, I'm town reading you... GOTCHA"

It just doesn't feel right to me especially since I see absolutely no basis for how you could be town reading them already lol

Also can someone tell me who the Kari person is I'm assuming they subbed in for somebody and I'd better find out who before I ask their first life questions

I just realized I questioned Lore's logic earlier like a moron cause he aint here to answer anymore

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
It's starting to get to be where I demand you explain yourself for liking my posts cause that's like the tenth time and I'm starting to feel like I'm being pocketed lol

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I actually laughed out loud at that post is why specifically.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I still don't get it, you're agreeing with me but disagreeing with me. You think pythag is scum, but you don't think he's scum because he's not voting you?
I don't think he can't be scum I never said that
my point is, why do you automatically assume bussing in the world that he is the sorcerer? why does he not just vote me in this case? your world only makes sense if both me and Z25 are wolves, and hes basically choosing the one he wants who seems weaker

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I think Xivii is trying to backpedal us away from Pythag because Xivii knows that Pythag is a hit, either because they are both wolves or because Xivii is the Sorcerer. It checks out.
idk if I necessarily believe this yet, its possible Xivii believes his thoughts, and thats more townie than not
like of course there is a world where he is just maliciously defending a wolf in a world where he is the sorcerer
but meh

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I think we played some eimm. I go by neo.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
So when i flip town, will you just go on to xivii?

I can't for the life of me figure out what he's doing here.
I mean im not there yet
and IDK what Xivii is doing, I am trying to understand this from his mindset, and he probably just believes all his thoughts, IDK how strongly I want to hold onto this, but we will see

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
More specifically, as per what the Sorcerer role says, the two werewolves are who we need to kill. The sorcerer needn't die for us to win.
At first I was replying to this to a\say excuse me what the heck the sorcerer does not win with town but then I noticed that yes the sorcerer death is unnecessary if the wolves die first

Which is

Really weird to me

I can recall ever playing a game where the entire team did not need to die, and certainly not a weird open setup where there is officially a lost wolf.

This makes all the sorcerer reads absolute trash to me cause scum is scum is scum I don't care who they are you're not going to wifom me into ignoring a scum read because oh they're just the sorcerer lets lynch little Johnny over here instead

I know you weren't saying that but I've skimmed and seen weird things like that so consider that my opening statement on that debate
Dooplissity Dooplissity can we get a replacement on Mamboo? Thank you.

Sorry Mamboo, but after giving you many chances for you to play the game the correct way, it is clear you only intend to ****post. No hard feelings, as you’re a cool person outside of this game. Right now you are very frustrating.
Like seriously this is just SO messed up

You really should never ask the host to replace someone in the middle of a game, PM them and bring it up if you must, but this is disgusting and detrimental to the integrity of the game

Between this kind of behavior and site mods who pitch fits and sub out I have no idea how y'all can seriously play mafia and not take issue with these kinds of behaviors

Yes I know thats off topic but I take issue and I think you should too
UP is all over the map, which makes me want to vote for him.
I...'m pretty sure he's just always like that. What makes this scummy compared to other games you've played with him?
Funnier, Osie, Mamboo are good seer choices. Pythag is giving me sorcerer vibe.
Trying to influence seer is dumb and redundant, they should pick who they think is best

If youre giving your personal preference thats nice but what exactly is your rationale, what makes a player a good check to you

While we're on that topic what the heck do you mean sorcerer vibe? Does this setup get played often? How the heck do you know what a sorcerer vibe is? What does the vibe feel like? What does it mean to you?
Does that mean I should not interpret your last post as a request for replacement? If you want out, we have other players who can fill, so it's totally fine.
Like I really really think this should be handled privately and not in the middle of the thread

Otherwise players can make really gross really accurate reads off of it and vomits

Also sorry if youre taking any of this super critically I'm not trying to say you and your rules suck or anything but I'd love to have a conversation about this after the game is over if you'd like
Also for whatever reason I think Lore is town
Finally came back to this

I'm really in two minds about it because on the hand I think I might've got him confused with Z2 some third letter dude who had much the same thoughts on Osie but who said them in a more considerate way I liked

Or it might be that I thought his extreme dislike and willingness to keep his vote there for a really stupid reason was a town move just because drawing that much attention to yourself over something as dumb as that doesnt happen very often as scum

So yes I know thats a lame answer but both of those reads are true in the present at the very least, I just can't promise it was what was going through my head at the time osieorb18 osieorb18

Wiisp

Smash Lord
ExLight ExLight
I mean I don't lynch top posters day 1, I think he's done enough like Osie, to be free from a lynch day 1
If I have to reach to find reasons to believe someone is a wolf at a certain time, than I am just not voting them
can either of them be a wolf, sure? but if we lynch either of them today, and they are town, than we just lost town voices, why?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I am of the belief that replace outs should be null.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Just woke up and I see several pages, which is nice, it’s been awhile since that has happened here.

going to catch up but I want to unvote for now and I’ll make another decision before deadline. I think its fair to give wiisp more of a chance since they just replaced in rather then kicking them out of the game for reasons unrelated to them. Might have a different read on them down the line, but I’m feeling a little better about the slot.
Unvote

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
I'd appreciate
Were you to elaborate.
I don't find them town.
This feels awfully like omgus lol just because he's being unreasonable about your haikus?
Touché. How do you read Xivii and Raxxel? I got them as leaning town, but maybe you don’t?
I certainly dont on Xiv, feels a lot like CWAC commentary "look at me I can quote a post and tell you what they said without actually giving an opinion on it so that someone else can reach a conclusion instead of me so that I can better gauge the temperature in the room"

that was way longer than I planned it

Raxxel I dont really have a read on atm

The vibe I'm getting isn't too great but I also dont feel like I have a grasp on them as a person to fully know if that means anything
I don’t have a read on basically at this moment except I feel inclined to think your town from your extreme activity
This read wasn't bad cause I still think his extreme activity could be town indicative but his content is really weird in an awful way and I just get that impression that he doesnt have the slightest clue what hes doing
Utopia's great.
Lots of rabbit holes, but sharp.
Lots of townie pings.
Explain
One-Two-Three's quite town.
Depth of content there for days.
If wolf, VERY good.
I have to disagree
Still some concerns there,
Though I do now townlean them,
Don't want Xi LyLO.
What on earth is the purpose of already thinking about LYLO on day one

Like honestly
I think Two-Two-One
Turns that around for me well.
A townie defense?
I know its a lot to ask and blah but is it in any way possible for you to rewrite this post in plain English cause the haikus start getting really hard to read after like the fifth one and there is a lot of information stuck in those syllables that I'm not quite following

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I want to host a game that is all post restrictions.

Top Bottom