• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorcerer's 11 Open

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Except that I wasn't trying to help people read me right then. I know the question was obtuse.
My problem with read lists is how they're freaking easy pickings for mafia to use, especially when it's a D1 reads list that means jack squat.

Town-ish
Kary - I just freaking like the guy, I like how he plays the game
Exlight - ironically I find his play much more town than scum
Raxxel - Good conclusions, I dig it.
Wiisp - This one may not deserve to be here, a read based off of another players meta is hard.

Meh ish
Xivii -
I want to believe he's town. Something in me prevents me from going all the way though.
Ranmaru - Similar. Ran's play is keeping with how I've seen him play other games, but nothing is pushing me exactly into it.
Osieorb18 - looked more pro town at the start of the day.
Funnier - seems capable, when he's not getting into a side chat with Exlight.

Scum-ish
UtopianPoyzin - I like Kary's vote on UP and his reasoning. I also find his defense of Ex...strange?
Z25 - not a fan of his reactions, I liked him earlier in the day.
who the hell cares
Mafia right now, "Look at this town read on Kary, we should definitely kill them"

whats less pro town of Osie now?
we are also never ever ever voting Utopian today

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Osie this is why you are my strongest town read.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
if they have the balls to vote the top town read of almost everyone, who has the most posts if not the top poster of thread right now, then kudos to them
This is an interesting perspective. Not to burst your bubble, but there was at least Pythag scumreading Utopian at the time. I'd have to double-check to see how many people overall. I know I've had Sorceror tinfoils on Utopian for most of the game.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
This is an interesting perspective. Not to burst your bubble, but there was at least Pythag scumreading Utopian at the time. I'd have to double-check to see how many people overall. I know I've had Sorceror tinfoils on Utopian for most of the game.
I mean you'd have to give me something beyond damning to see me vote a top poster a day one, who feels like they are trying to solve the game

osieorb18

Smash Ace
I mean you'd have to give me something beyond damning to see me vote a top poster a day one, who feels like they are trying to solve the game
"They posted in Haikus for a large portion of the day phase, even when people were asking them to stop."

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Osie let's actually discuss the game state right now, because I feel this is important for town to consider. Right now, it has stagnated, and I was starting to feel the ZZ5 wagon was a bit too easy. With Kary, there entrance wasn't strong, and they fizzled out with a push on UP. Pythag, I still can't wrack my brain from his first post. #258 I also don't see how he has a town read on Kary but has me in null. We'll get to Xiivi. I am having my doubts with him right now as well.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Osie let's actually discuss the game state right now, because I feel this is important for town to consider. Right now, it has stagnated, and I was starting to feel the ZZ5 wagon was a bit too easy. With Kary, there entrance wasn't strong, and they fizzled out with a push on UP. Pythag, I still can't wrack my brain from his first post. #258 I also don't see how he has a town read on Kary but has me in null. We'll get to Xiivi. I am having my doubts with him right now as well.
I could roll with a python carry Pythag Kary team.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Idk about Kary yet, but I could roll with Pythag being a wolf

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Xivii Xivii
how do you go from voting Kary's slot, to voting the train he is also on?
What exactly did Z25 do to deserve that vote?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Forgot to do this.

unvote
vote: UtopianPoyzin

We may not be killing him, but I'm not gonna put z25 at L-1 yet.

who the hell cares
I care? Or did you think I was doing all of this just to be a jerk?
whats less pro town of Osie now?
At the time he seemed to think it was z25/lore, and that seems to have changed to just staying stuck on you. I mean, of course he 'says' that you just have to prove your towniness, but I don't totally buy that.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
It is colder than Anna's heart out right now.

I am not Elsa enough today I guess.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
so they attacked someone based on their interpretation of said person's posts?
would you like everyone to take a seat on a wall like humpty dumpty till someone gives them a nice shove?
do only wolves defend themselves nowadays?
There's levels to defending yourself. You can provide reasons why someone is wrong without necessarily attacking them.

Anyway, it's getting late.

One thing I want to do though.

Unvote

Vote Pythag

Though as I do this, I want to ask osieorb18 osieorb18 something: Are you interested in this wagon because Pythag is your scummiest choice, or because a flip would be helpful to further solving the game? For me, it's the latter. While Pythag is definitely on the latter half of my town/scum reads, I'm more interested in doing this because his reads have differentiated from others so much so that a flip would give possibly some much needed context.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
At the time he seemed to think it was z25/lore, and that seems to have changed to just staying stuck on you. I mean, of course he 'says' that you just have to prove your towniness, but I don't totally buy that.
Wisp is in the top three easiest players for me to harmonize with when he is town. He's also one of the sexier players I know, but that's getting off-topic.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I mean, of course he 'says' that you just have to prove your towniness, but I don't totally buy that.
me and Osie have extensive history, so yes, I see it
I think otherwise he'd probably come off as disingenuous
I do think that either alignment Osie would be mad at Lore for doing what he did

osieorb18

Smash Ace
There's levels to defending yourself. You can provide reasons why someone is wrong without necessarily attacking them.

Anyway, it's getting late.

One thing I want to do though.

Unvote

Vote Pythag

Though as I do this, I want to ask osieorb18 osieorb18 something: Are you interested in this wagon because Pythag is your scummiest choice, or because a flip would be helpful to further solving the game? For me, it's the latter. While Pythag is definitely on the latter half of my town/scum reads, I'm more interested in doing this because his reads have differentiated from others so much so that a flip would give possibly some much needed context.
My scumreads in this thread are scummy for different reasons, but I suppose I'd agree with you here with the caveat that it's wine to think too much about this until after they flip.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
is being mad the same as finding them scummy?
Nah.

I know what Wisp is talking about. I'm more known as a mafia host than a mafia player.

I'd be furious as either alignment, but I would probably have had to restrain myself more after the fact and less before the fact if I were scum.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
also my "who cares" was not at your read list
it was at the excuse, that making read lists seems to be more beneficial to the wolves, as they see it as a gateway to strengthen their thoughts in the thread, its just a bad thought process overall

of course it may happen, thats why we ask questions, and attack posts, and votes, and etc...
but we can't just all sit here and do nothing because we are afraid of wolves using our thoughts against us, or the game would go no where

my job is to figure out if you truely believe this or not, or if this is just you trying to avoid placing thoughts in the thread as a wolf that you feel people may push

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I'm more interested in doing this because his reads have differentiated from others so much so that a flip would give possibly some much needed context.
I dont understand this at all, and how exactly do we use this if he flips town? and why does him not going with the flow make him a possible wolf?

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Can someone link me to where Pythag addressed why they voted Funnier in 258 when they talked more about scumreading UP?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Z25 - not a fan of his reactions, I liked him earlier in the day.
Pythag is sorcerer and I'd rather go for a wolf. His complete reversal of his Z read here is highly indicative that Z is scum (bussing as he's about to be lynched).

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
If sorcerer dies than seer's results become absolute.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Pythag is sorcerer and I'd rather go for a wolf. His complete reversal of his Z read here is highly indicative that Z is scum (bussing as he's about to be lynched).
This is bad reasoning. If we think that we definitely have a scum caught here, even if it's sorcerer rather than wolf, we should go for it.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
how exactly did you conclude either of these?
Why the hell not vote me in this case???

I am going to sleep its almost 3am

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Once someone is dead, then we know something, else its just speculation

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
The sorcerer also knows who is scum so it would still be a beneficial information lynch.

Top Bottom