• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorcerer's 11 Open

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Tbf keeping it simple is one of the most important things if you ever expect to win

Complicating things leads to paranoia leads to death

Everyone seems to be saying you’re voting Lore solely for self pres but you say otherwise correct? Why does everyone think you’re only doing it for that reason? Are you not considering other options? Which doesn’t make a lot of sense since if it was solely self pres you wouldn’t much care who you were voting as long as it was the most likely to save you
It was partially preservation but I also actually agreed with the points being made towards lore after rethinking how they played this game and their behavior previously. Atm however I am not currently voting and trying to decide who makes more sense pythag or xi both of which have been in my scum reads list

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
This doesn't quite answer your question though. I think that Pythag's response to pressure has been pretty good. Not Serena Williams, but still good.
I think we are past the point of seeing his reaction to pressure to give us a solid read on his slot because however he reacts, his alignment he rolled won't change. So I think it's also good to keep in mind his early play.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also, this is why I feel Day 1 is important.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I would lynch Pythag upon Xiivi flipping wolf.
I agree with this.

I'd agree with it more if xivii flipped sorcerer, because he was the one who stuck his neck out for me, not the other way around, so that makes more sense, but I still get what you're going at.

best as I can figure out there are only two options that make sense of xivii's actions.

Either he's a town and believes I'm a town, and is trying to prevent a bad lynch.
Or he's a wolf/sorcerer trying to protect his team.

I think it's unlikely for both of you to be the same alignment
Unless you're the sorcerer and is trying to make him notice that, but that's a bit tinfoily
Ran, what do you think of this?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
While I get to that, can you explain why you scum read Mambo in your first post?

osieorb18

Smash Ace
I think we are past the point of seeing his reaction to pressure to give us a solid read on his slot because however he reacts, his alignment he rolled won't change. So I think it's also good to keep in mind his early play.
A handful of responses to this:

"A common quality I see of people who are successful is that they are voracious readers."
"Reading is the sole means by which we slip, involuntarily, often helplessly, into another’s skin, another’s voice, another’s soul."
"No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance."
"The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more you learn, the more places you’ll go!"
"The best advice I ever got was that knowledge is power and to keep reading."
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one."
"Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary."
"The person who deserves most pity is a lonesome one on a rainy day who doesn’t know how to read."
"There is nothing more luxurious than eating while you read—unless it be reading while you eat."

osieorb18

Smash Ace
best as I can figure out there are only two options that make sense of xivii's actions.

Either he's a town and believes I'm a town, and is trying to prevent a bad lynch.
Or he's a wolf/sorcerer trying to protect his team.
I have a third.

He's a wolf/sorcerer trying to white knight you to look good.

I can do this all day.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Vote Count
Pythag - 5 - ExLight, osieorb18, Ranmaru, RaxxeL, Wiisp
Z25 - 2 - Xivii, UtopianPoyzin
UtopianPoyzin - 2 - Pythag, Kary
Wiisp - 1 - Z25
Ranmaru - 1 - funnier6
Vote: ExLight
Vote: Xivii
Unofficial Vote Count

Pythag - 4 - ExLight, Ranmaru, RaxxeL, Wiisp
Xivii - 2 osieorb18, Kary
Z25 - 1 - UtopianPoyzin
UtopianPoyzin - 1 - Pythag,
Ranmaru - 1 - funnier6
Exlight - 1 Xivii
Not Voting - z25

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm assuming you are saying I should read more? Also, if Xiivi flipped scum, how would you feel about Kary?

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Oh god Xivii is voting for ExLight instead of me... That's not a good look if he scumreads both of us.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
What do you think about a Xivii/UP/??? team? That's one of my main reasons I've bounced Ranmaru up and down between townread and townlean with tinfoils, too.
You need to have more trust. I have been sticking to Pythag because I feel it is safer and a smarter choice for town, and to me it seems you have been wavering a bit too much, so I'm trying to keep you focused.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
I'm assuming you are saying I should read more? Also, if Xiivi flipped scum, how would you feel about Kary?
Day 1 is not the best day for interaction analysis because there's no flip, so most of it, even via hypotheticals, is of questionable value. And before you get into this too much, this is in part because it can be manipulated during Day 1 after the fact without getting one's hands too dirty.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
You need to have more trust. I have been sticking to Pythag because I feel it is safer and a smarter choice for town, and to me it seems you have been wavering a bit too much, so I'm trying to keep you focused.
"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they aren't out to get you." - Joseph Heller
"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face" - Harry Dresden

osieorb18

Smash Ace
I'm still on Py
I prolly will before day ends, but for now I want to keep votes split in both wagons to see what happens
Tied wagons are more useful than a 4-2 split. I'm not amazing at it, but when one ties a wagon, seeing how people remove the tie is useful analysis material.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I was concerned about contradictions from him and I felt even at the time (and expressed as much) that Pythag was an INTERESTING lynch, but not necessarily the BEST lynch. I still believe this. I think that Pythag being lynched tells us quite a bit, but Xivii ALSO tells us at least as much AND is wolfier.
Also, I remember you saying you hated his reads, and I'm still concerned about those reads, and that's what really helps me stay grounded and not get paranoid. Can you talk about the reads, as well?

ExLight

Smash Lord
Tied wagons are more useful than a 4-2 split. I'm not amazing at it, but when one ties a wagon, seeing how people remove the tie is useful analysis material.
yea, I thought it was 3-2. just saw the vote count

Unvote
Vote: Xivii

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have a third.

He's a wolf/sorcerer trying to white knight you to look good.

I can do this all day.
I believe you, and I didn't say there were other possibilities, those are the two that make the most sense. I would think white knighting would try to be more subtle.

@Ran

I didn't exactly scumread mambo, it was just that he was pulling a brindol, so I had no problem voting for a troll. Maybe I'm a hypocrite for not voting lore then. ::shrug::

What do you think about a Xivii/UP/??? team? That's one of my main reasons I've bounced Ranmaru up and down between townread and townlean with tinfoils, too.
Hmm, from what I recall they haven't had many interactions with each other. I think I want to reread their interactions. I'll try to do that tonight at work.

My only sadness is that if xivii flips scum, I forsee the gallows in my future. but c'est la morte.

I'm more upset at how UP was a 'top poster', and yet when wagons are going, and end of day, we don't really hear from him.
That pings me.
I don't know if that qualifies for lurking, but at least surface level it's annoying.
Wiisp Wiisp , does that change your view on UP at all? I think you quoted him as a top poster trying to solve the game.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Also, I remember you saying you hated his reads, and I'm still concerned about those reads, and that's what really helps me stay grounded and not get paranoid. Can you talk about the reads, as well?
I said that I hated his reads in the early game. I completely disagreed with his early reads post because at the time I had opposite reads on several people and he did not explain his reads very well.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I think I may be wrong on Kary and UP, now actually.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I still think it's Xiivi - Pythag as wolf - sorcerer, but I can see UP as the second wolf in that pairing due to his silence, and his constant null read of me all game.

Let's do this.

Unvote; Vote: Xiivi

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I still think it's Xiivi - Pythag as wolf - sorcerer, but I can see UP as the second wolf in that pairing due to his silence, and his constant null read of me all game.

Let's do this.

Unvote; Vote: Xiivi
I'm Seer. Pythag was my n0 wolf clear.

Try Again.

Top Bottom