• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorcerer's 11 Open

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I thought he was replacing out and didn't see the point in voting him if that was the case.

What did you think I meant?
I thought you were implicating him as possibility for being seer, as you were implicating me of being sorcerer. that struck me as a RAPID shift in your read.

However you were saying that the seer should go on one of them (correct?)
Correct, I'd never out the seer d1! It's suspicious to me that's what you thought I was doing and was Ok with it...

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
For the future, we must ponder as to why Xiivi would suggest seer choices so early in the day. Then we must ponder why Pythag would have confusion with that, and the interaction seems odd when considering the setup, and what limits the sorcerer has.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
What is Rule of 3?
This is hard theory here, but...

If a scum player lists three or more players as potential scum, at least one of those three or more players is probably scum.

When a town player makes the list, the probability is lower based on human behavioural patterns.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I'm completely on board with lynching Xivii.

If y'all could stop bloating the thread with meaningless drivel that would save me some precious minutes of my life.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
For the future, we must ponder as to why Xiivi would suggest seer choices so early in the day. Then we must ponder why Pythag would have confusion with that, and the interaction seems odd when considering the setup, and what limits the sorcerer has.
Particularly think: Why would town do this.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I also think it's important to consider the timing, as well.

ExLight

Smash Lord
and why would the cop not want to lynch the sorcerer D1 and guarantee 100% accurate results :v

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Ran, don't be manipulated by high post count. Osie has been leading us down the wrong path all day. Protecting every good lynch and pushing for every bad one.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
That's not what I'm suggesting. I'm suggesting he notices a sorcerer buddy, and suggests choices for the sorcerer to check to see who may or may not be seer.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
and why would the cop not want to lynch the sorcerer D1 and guarantee 100% accurate results :v
I do think you're diving too far into that. Xivii appeared to be saying that we shouldn't lynch a sorcerer read over any wolf read.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ran, don't be manipulated by high post count. Osie has been leading us down the wrong path all day. Protecting every good lynch and pushing for every bad one.
How is Pythag a bad one?

ExLight

Smash Lord
I do think you're diving too far into that. Xivii appeared to be saying that we shouldn't lynch a sorcerer read over any wolf read.
sorcerer is still wolf and knows the whole team, they give as much if not more info than a wolf lynch because they keep trying to get their attention

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Got me. I'm pushing people and seeing what happens. I'm not progressing my reads at all from my pushes and those of others. I'm not forming reads at all, really. I'm just making it up as I go and trying to manipulate town all the way.

What a great analysis!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Kary: I am in total support of a Xiivi lynch
Also Kary: Doesn't vote Xiivi

osieorb18

Smash Ace
sorcerer is still wolf and knows the whole team, they give as much if not more info than a wolf lynch because they keep trying to get their attention
Yeah, I don't agree with the idea that we shouldn't lynch someone day 1 if we think they are sorcerer and we don't have a wolfread, but I think Xivii was arguing that if we do have a wolfread we should go for that person. That said, I also think that we shouldn't be actively trying to sorcerer hunt this game at all, unless something obvious comes up.

ExLight

Smash Lord
I don't get why we shouldn't be aiming to take the sorcerer D1 since they're easier to spot in day phases, especially when we don't risk having a false check on them, and can reveal pretty much the entire team with their interactions; saying that we should prioritize normal wolves seems counterproductive to me and I don't see why someone softing seer would prefer to not shoot something that can hurt their role

Kary: I am in total support of a Xiivi lynch
Also Kary: Doesn't vote Xiivi
are they still voting UP?
did he get kinda quiet all of sudden or am I going crazy

osieorb18

Smash Ace
I don't get why we shouldn't be aiming to take the sorcerer D1 since they're easier to spot in day phases, especially when we don't risk having a false check on them, and can reveal pretty much the entire team with their interactions; saying that we should prioritize normal wolves seems counterproductive to me and I don't see why someone softing seer would prefer to not shoot something that can hurt their role
Sorcerer hunting is kinda like most neutral third party hunting. It's more of a waste of time for most of the game, particularly early on, in multiball setups because it's less directly helpful to the town win condition.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Sorcerer hunting is kinda like most neutral third party hunting. It's more of a waste of time for most of the game, particularly early on, in multiball setups because it's less directly helpful to the town win condition.
And there's also more wine there.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Kary is still voting UP. UP hasn't talked since the Pythag votes.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
How is Pythag a bad one?
You know you're in that tunnel phase you reach every game where in the back of your mind you know you're wrong but still can't let go. You know deep in your heart that Xivii-pythag doesn't fit. You've fallen off the path. Your fancy for the enchantress (osie) had led you astray. Your Kary-Xivii theory is also silly. You're just trying to make pieces fit that don't. I understand the need to want to make things fit. But believe me, you're wrong. And it's not too late to come back to the light.

You do this every game haha.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
I just realized why this game feels less meaty. Nobody else has really been throwing their vote around. Not even Wisp, who's like the master of that.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
You know you're in that tunnel phase you reach every game where in the back of your mind you know you're wrong but still can't let go. You know deep in your heart that Xivii-pythag doesn't fit. You've fallen off the path. Your fancy for the enchantress (osie) had led you astray. Your Kary-Xivii theory is also silly. You're just trying to make pieces fit that don't. I understand the need to want to make things fit. But believe me, you're wrong. And it's not too late to come back to the light.

You do this every game haha.
Now THIS is TMI.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I agree with Ex. Taking out Sorcerer hurts the scum hard. Absolute results for seer, and no way for scum to check for seer at all.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
I agree with Ex. Taking out Sorcerer hurts the scum hard. Absolute results for seer, and no way for scum to check for seer at all.
I agree that it's a good move but I don't think it should be a primary goal for any day phase.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Ran is Innocent Child for me. He's actually the easiest person to read in mafia and also someone that can be consistently read with meta.
I agree that Ranmaru is overly focused on Pythag, but I think that ruling Ranmaru out entirely is premature and the fact that you did it without thinking goes along with the idea that you KNOW people's alignments.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Got me. I'm pushing people and seeing what happens. I'm not progressing my reads at all from my pushes and those of others. I'm not forming reads at all, really. I'm just making it up as I go and trying to manipulate town all the way.

What a great analysis!
Don't get me wrong, this applies whether your town or scum. You've consistently led us down the wrong path today.

Also this pattern is common among people who say things like this:
I love probably catching the entire scumteam on Day 1.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Ran is Innocent Child for me. He's actually the easiest person to read in mafia and also someone that can be consistently read with meta.
Also I like how you do the same thing that Pythag did but way more subtly, again hinting that you know I'm town while trying to keep it from being explicit.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Xivii you are like threading the line right now
You are borderline tmi'ing people, and I am really indifferent about it

Top Bottom