• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorcerer's 11 Open

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Also I like how you do the same thing that Pythag did but way more subtly, again hinting that you know I'm town while trying to keep it from being explicit.
I hate these reads, I don't necessarily believe them at all

I don't think xivii has any idea what he's talking about

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Xivii you are like threading the line right now
You are borderline tmi'ing people, and I am really indifferent about it
It's worse than that. He's SUBTLY TMI'ing people. When it's more explicit, there's a higher chance of it being just a bad wording choice from town. When it's subtle like that, it's more likely scum.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I'm gunna pull an Osie for a sec and say I don't really think xivii has to flip wolf here, but do I want him living past day 1? Not really

I definitely don't want him anywhere near lylo

Wiisp

Smash Lord
He just talks like he knows people alignment, and the way he shaded pythag and z25 just feels wolfy

I can't tell if he really believed these thoughts or not, is the problem

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
To be fair to him, he's done it regardless of alignment with me and so have others.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
You've consistently led us down the wrong path today.
I've consistently changed the path around today to learn what I can about people. That's how mafia is played. Progressing reads on people through interaction.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm curious, why Xiivi now, over Pythag Osie?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I think the effort it takes to believe xivii is town, isn't worth just not lynching him either today or tomorrow

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
The more time passes and the more I re-think it I think Pythag and Kary fit. How are you feeling about Kary?
Look back to Necromafia. It's been a long time so the meta definitely could have changed and honestly it's just one game I'm pulling from, but it stood out to me in that game that Kary made an effort not to step on anyone's toes. He was even nice to me as I was pushing him. Here he is more normal critiquing

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I have seen nothing that I like from pythag, he feels more like he is appealing to everyone rather than actually hunting

osieorb18

Smash Ace
I'm curious, why Xiivi now, over Pythag Osie?
Because Xivii feels rotten and Pythag had the chance to go either way even before he had pressure on him, and the latter has only gotten more null whereas Xivii has only gotten more rotten.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Look back to Necromafia. It's been a long time so the meta definitely could have changed and honestly it's just one game I'm pulling from, but it stood out to me in that game that Kary made an effort not to step on anyone's toes. He was even nice to me as I was pushing him. Here he is more normal critiquing
Seeing Kary's town game a few games ago, this isn't it I think.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
I have seen nothing that I like from pythag, he feels more like he is appealing to everyone rather than actually hunting
He's playing defense right now, so yeah he's trying to appeal to people. But he's also contributed reads, even if I disagreed with a number of them. I would be interested in seeing a claim, preferably early day 2 (Maybe a massclaim? It is an open setup...), but I'm not necessarily interested enough to maintain pressure there this phase. Xivii is howling up the wrong tree, and, to quote DV, it shows on micro and macro levels.

ExLight

Smash Lord
I think Xivii is a great D1 lynch imo

if they flip Sorcerer we start with Py during D2, if he flips town we can recheck all this discussion, and if he flip normal wolf that kinda clears Py in my head due to the attempt of pocketing

osieorb18

Smash Ace
I think Xivii is a great D1 lynch imo

if they flip Sorcerer we start with Py during D2, if he flips town we can recheck all this discussion, and if he flip normal wolf that kinda clears Py in my head due to the attempt of pocketing

This immediate started playing in my head.

Edit: Fixed broken tag.

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
latter has only gotten more null whereas Xivii has only gotten more rotten.
I don't see how Pythag has become null in this time. Can you explain why? Does this change how you feel about his original reads and his reads after we voted.

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
People may say I'm playing too level 0 on this, but at least on Day 1 I feel that a KISS ("Keep It Simple, Silly!") philosophy works better than jumping down rabbit holes.
Tbf keeping it simple is one of the most important things if you ever expect to win

Complicating things leads to paranoia leads to death
If your a townie and being voted for, wouldn’t you do the same? If a mislynch on me can be avoided then I try to avoid it in games and if you want I can link you to almost any game I’ve played here to show you that’s always my thought process.
Everyone seems to be saying you’re voting Lore solely for self pres but you say otherwise correct? Why does everyone think you’re only doing it for that reason? Are you not considering other options? Which doesn’t make a lot of sense since if it was solely self pres you wouldn’t much care who you were voting as long as it was the most likely to save you

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Kary: I am in total support of a Xiivi lynch
Also Kary: Doesn't vote Xiivi
Yeah that isn’t great behavior. Seems like they want to seem on the townie wagon but not switching after that to much more likely targets makes no sense at all. Not a good look for their slot currently. I’m definitely going to read what we have from them again and see how I feel there.
That and Xi’s last few posts are very strange compared to their other content. Xi has been a scum lean for me though and that hasn’t changed.
I don't get why we shouldn't be aiming to take the sorcerer D1 since they're easier to spot in day phases, especially when we don't risk having a false check on them, and can reveal pretty much the entire team with their interactions; saying that we should prioritize normal wolves seems counterproductive to me and I don't see why someone softing seer would prefer to not shoot something that can hurt their role

are they still voting UP?
did he get kinda quiet all of sudden or am I going crazy
While aiming for the sorcerer is great in theory, there’s a problem. Statistically on day one, you won’t have enough evidence to prove someone is a sorcerer and would likely eliminate a townie with the lynch instead. Which Makes for a a rough start as scum would get a free day essentially with no focus being on players who seem scummier. That would also be another free kill because of a night kill. That would put us down two townies if we mislynch someone as sorcerer day one or any day.

That slot is one we should all be aware of and try to find out who it is, but it’s definitely not a good move to make them priority imo without some strong signs first. Which right now we really don’t have. Most of those being viewed as scum today are viewed as likely to be wolves, which is what I think is likely based on who I personally am reading as scum and by looking at other scum reads( which have overlapped a bit between players)

osieorb18

Smash Ace
I don't see how Pythag has become null in this time. Can you explain why? Does this change how you feel about his original reads and his reads after we voted.
I was concerned about contradictions from him and I felt even at the time (and expressed as much) that Pythag was an INTERESTING lynch, but not necessarily the BEST lynch. I still believe this. I think that Pythag being lynched tells us quite a bit, but Xivii ALSO tells us at least as much AND is wolfier.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
By the way, I am liking ZZ5's increased presence.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
I was concerned about contradictions from him and I felt even at the time (and expressed as much) that Pythag was an INTERESTING lynch, but not necessarily the BEST lynch. I still believe this. I think that Pythag being lynched tells us quite a bit, but Xivii ALSO tells us at least as much AND is wolfier.
This doesn't quite answer your question though. I think that Pythag's response to pressure has been pretty good. Not Serena Williams, but still good.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Alright temporarily putting everyone but Z on ignore so I can comb through the thread with just he in isolation.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Wiisp Wiisp I love when I get that Azrael nostalgia from the other direction given that I'm nowhere near Azrael's level still.

Top Bottom