• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorcerer's 11 Open

ExLight

Smash Lord
It’s almost, ALMOST like I’m not scumreading you.
are you not? :bulbacute:
if that all was just a misunderstanding you sure get mad easily :surppika:

Maybe, maaaaaaaybe because I wasn’t trying to be aggressive in the first place. Especially TO you. Goodness gracious.

I call you odd, and you absolutely lose your mind.

Kary, and Ran have now asked you about what i said that called you scummy, and you seem to breeze by it.
WELL YOU WERE
don't call me odd this hurts my feelings for realsies

and I literally made a post pointing out the implications from your read, just because you didn't say it out loud doesn't mean you weren't implying I were scummy in multiple ways

The thing that really caught my eye was actually Osie’s response to me about it.
I don't remember what that was about, but I'll recheck it after I wake up

Thus I have no problem with. Being a counter wagon that is.
that's nice

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Pythag should just use a one liner playstyle so it's easy to mobile post and quote.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Lets start off with an easy question to everyone
Why is my slot being voted?

Z25 - 4 - Kary, Xivii, UtopianPoyzin, Ranmaru
Lore - 3 - RaxxeL, osieorb18, Z25
funnier6 - 1 - Pythag
ExLight - 1 - funnier6
Pythag - 1 - ExLight
osieorb18 - 1 - Lore

debating just placing my vote on Z25

this post is honestly disgusting

so self-preserving is bad???
what exactly did my slot do that is anti-town, but also not wolfy?

osieorb18 osieorb18

from what I can get at, a lot of the votes on my slot seem to stem from their frustration with Osie's haiku's, honestly I think there are more frustrating formats in this game, looking at you Z25, knowing my slot's alignment now, he is just frustrated that no one is listening to/understanding him
Alright I have one question for you. Have you actually read the thread?

Because if you did the answer should be pretty obvious as to why your slot had those votes coming into this. Lore came into the game aggressive over osie’s haiku formatting of their points and got more and more tired of it because they thought it was bad for a player to use that format with as little info as it gave. They vote threatened osie and make a continuously aggressive push towards osie to be the lynch because of hiatus. Obviously that’s a horrible reason to try to start and wagon and their anger towards it made them look entirely anti town. Then because osie didn’t listen they rage quit the game and here you are now.

Im willing to unvote if I see more content from you. I already said I had a few other lynch candidates based on actions which you would also know if you read the thread and I’m not someone dead set on your slot. Plus I’m not the only one on so your just voting me because i had a wagon. Which I don’t fault you but going by that logic I should be sticking to my vote to preserve my slot. Which I don’t think needs to happen when we can easily discuss other potential lynch candidates today with the time we have left.

He hasn't been sorting or trying to progress town besides that fact. He hasn't been proactive. He scum leans Ex but hasn't interacted with him, even now.
Ok you keep saying this, but that’s literally your only reason. Honesty a lot of your content has been osie interactions more then anything else. Yet you could continually are trying to push people towards me with this weaker reasoning. Also you don’t need to directly interact with someone to get a good read for them. Their posts speak for themselves and quite frankly I don’t think any of Ex’s are really great which I’ve explained plenty at this point.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
jesus christ how can you make such dedicated and pretty ISOs

honestly, most of these can be seen as the person just having some bad days and being really easily frustrated imo
they did suggest at #20 (yes it's a pre-game post) that they were somewhat still transitioning out of a bad spot, which can easily reflect in the game
Years of experience, lol.

The hard-tunnel does not feel organic at all to me. I'm used to having to analyze people voting me, this isn't just OMGUS. Lore seemed to look at the fact that I was posting in haiku and say "This is an easy lynch". They only really seemed to get frustrated when people weren't following them onto the lynch, which seemed more likely to me to be scum frustration than town.

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
I think the scum team probably lies within ExLight, Lore, Z25, and Mamboo
Osie's #127 comes across as posting to put attention to my slot without there being a need to. There is no town motivation for supporting a premise she finds null. Her #145 is faulty. Her points don't seem to actually describe Xiivi's play, and he hasn't been overly helpful, nor dismissive. His post was reasonable and the first good post of the game.

Vote: OsieOrb18
You're going to have run this by me again cause I'm not following your logic here

I dont really see where the strength of this read is coming from
I don’t think there’s enough to go off of as of now, because I’m getting a null read on you, Xivii, and Osie. Nothing particularly townie or scummy from your slots as of now, but we have plenty of time to change that.

As for any reads I have, nothing particularly meaningful at this moment. I had a slight town lean on Mamboo pre-#181, but I’m not so sure after dodging Ranmaru’s question.
This is a whole lot of nothing for "what are your thoughts on the game"

The purpose of that question is typically ya know, so you'll think of something

Also listing names to null reads is just what

Okay youre null reading every single person and also listing them by name as though youre reading other people differently but youre also not (at least in this post) asking any questions to try to change those null reads
Z25 Z25 Pythag Pythag @Lore

Thoughts? I’m not scumreading anybody so maybe one of you can change that.
This is very ironic considering you couldn't supply thoughts of your own
I don’t have any strong scum reads right now.

I’ll say one thing though. I have never played with Osie so I don’t know if they do this often, but the haiku format is a bit annoying.

It feels like a way to post something but force yourself to post as little as possible. Mafia requires more then just a few words to describe and discuss a game going on.

So their way of talking feels like a cop out that should be worth considering. Other then that, no one has had any behavior stick out to me as possible scum.
Hahaha no. "Weird way of talking" is far too little of an argument to base a copcheck on. Don't go influencing seer because of something you don't like
What is up with people using colored text here? I'm glad for light theme cause I was literally dying trying to make sense of this rainbow nightmare on the others

Dont actually have anything to say about this post except I agreed with this sentiment at the time

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Im willing to unvote if I see more content from you. I already said I had a few other lynch candidates based on actions which you would also know if you read the thread and I’m not someone dead set on your slot. Plus I’m not the only one on so your just voting me because i had a wagon. Which I don’t fault you but going by that logic I should be sticking to my vote to preserve my slot. Which I don’t think needs to happen when we can easily discuss other potential lynch candidates today with the time we have left.
I'm willing to unvote if he flails his townieness all over my face like he's done in any other game that I've strong townread him.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I mention the time differences between posts to make a point:

The time differences between posts (and the post number differences) are usually small enough that there isn't really enough time for reads to progress. So outside of the longer periods starting with the 8 hour segment between 237 and 280, it's not a surprise that their reads stay static, but it is a surprise that they have such a vehement push on me. That is somewhat explained away by explicitly not scumreading me in 223, but not entirely.
In addition, the time between posts shows how much they escalate anger wise in a short time. It makes for some very strong contrasts in their content that really didn’t feel like townie behavior.
You're going to have run this by me again cause I'm not following your logic here

I dont really see where the strength of this read is coming from

This is a whole lot of nothing for "what are your thoughts on the game"

The purpose of that question is typically ya know, so you'll think of something

Also listing names to null reads is just what

Okay youre null reading every single person and also listing them by name as though youre reading other people differently but youre also not (at least in this post) asking any questions to try to change those null reads

This is very ironic considering you couldn't supply thoughts of your own

What is up with people using colored text here? I'm glad for light theme cause I was literally dying trying to make sense of this rainbow nightmare on the others

Dont actually have anything to say about this post except I agreed with this sentiment at the time
My text is colored on your end?

Actually I think I have it set to red because it separates my posts in the social thread easier. I’m on mobile though so it doesn’t show up for me

ExLight

Smash Lord
Years of experience, lol.

The hard-tunnel does not feel organic at all to me. I'm used to having to analyze people voting me, this isn't just OMGUS. Lore seemed to look at the fact that I was posting in haiku and say "This is an easy lynch". They only really seemed to get frustrated when people weren't following them onto the lynch, which seemed more likely to me to be scum frustration than town.
It's a way to interpret it, yea.

I could write a short essay on that, will come around to it
oh oh
tell them about the time I was town and gladiated a town outed cop and then threatened the whole town to do it again if they didn't lynch who I wanted

Ex GO TO BED
come tuck me in please :fetchd:

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
I think the scum team probably lies within ExLight, Lore, Z25, and Mamboo
Forgot to reply to this

Does this have any basis whatsoever?

Cause if it does I need a lottttt of context
My text is colored on your end?

Actually I think I have it set to red because it separates my posts in the social thread easier. I’m on mobile though so it doesn’t show up for me
Yeah it's red
oh oh
tell them about the time I was town and gladiated a town outed cop and then threatened the whole town to do it again if they didn't lynch who I wanted
Please dont remind me
come tuck me in please :fetchd:
tucks you in

:fetchd:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
While I’m here though, Wiisp Wiisp and #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary whats your thoughts currently?

I’ve heard some of your thoughts wiisp but would like to hear your thoughts on the other players. Who else is scum in your mind and whose town?

For your Kary, how are your views and reads currently after the recent discussion? Any changes?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
That's not true, ZZ5. I have interacted with everyone. I have given multiple reads lists, and asked questions. None of which you have done. You have been reactive, and not interacting with Ex just shows you aren't trying to sort him, but instead you choose to ask Kary about his vote and solely that. Right now, this is the most often you have been in thread at once.

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
Hahaha no. "Weird way of talking" is far too little of an argument to base a copcheck on. Don't go influencing seer because of something you don't like.
Blast I messed up replying to this earlier too
I thought you wanted the Seer to consider copchecking Osie because of their way of talking.
But that's okay because I found the rest of the context

And I really

really

REALLY

Dont see how that was poor wording at all nor how you interpreted that as asking for a cop check in that direction
I don't think I've seen Raxxel ask for somebody to elaborate on their opinion, ever. I'm feeling good about this slot as of now, leaning to null-town.
Kay cool lets talk about Raxxel thats the scary female avatar yes? How long you known them what are they about whats their scum style like if youre so sure this isnt it

Idk how to feel about Poy tbh

He feels super gross and that feels bad but I really cant determine if he wouldnt do the same thing as town

(I've modded a game he played and been in one game with him for those wondering)

ExLight

Smash Lord
Please dont remind me
what about the time we went from virtually 4 scum members to 0 in one night before -Lo because we nightkilled our own scumbud for acting like a maniacal egocentric douche

You might not have a good answer for me on this, but based on you knowing funnier, what's your current read on them and why?
he's a ****ing pain to read and'll prolly try to pocket and save me so I don't die to leave him by himself in a place full of scary strangers no matter his alignment

If he's interested in the game he's gon be a dense mf starting all crazy af, tryina to solve things, and then having an existential crisis and becoming defeatist unless he gets lots of love and support. OR if he ain't feeling it he'll be a bag of potatoes and do nothing.
And if he's scum he's usually pretty aggressive and cold and methodical and kinda creepy.

I was scumleaning him earlier because he was kind of hit and running and popping sporadically randomly which doesn't really fit the townie playstyle I'd expect of him here. Right now I'm still getting some mixed signs, like him poking stuff somewhat aggressively but at the same time trying to keep up while not that interested, so I'm most likely null-very slightly scumreading him. It will become clearer as the days go by.

ExLight

Smash Lord
if you want non-meta based reads cuz I know you don't like them you'll have to wait till tomorrow cuz I didn't pay much attention to his posts cuz they all seemed pretty half assed and that's a hard null

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
OoG Chance. The chance that someone uses online presence for an out-of-game-reasoning-based read.
Thats a new one

Acronym that is

I'm probably gonna head to bed soon so dunno when I'll be able to finish my catch up

I've got things going on tomorrow and I think I'm working Thursday at eod but I dont remember what hour that happens

Anyways I should be able to at least pop in and get a bit further along than this

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
funnier6 funnier6 How do you read Z25 and Wiisp (including Lore's content, within reasonable context of course) at the moment?

osieorb18

Smash Ace

Right now, and even around 666, my reads have been in more turmoil than Prospero's nature-based foe.

My 561 reads were:

Townread:

UP
Raxxel

Townlean:

Ranmaru
Xivii

Null:

Z25

Scumlean:

ExLight
#HBC | Kary

Light Scumread:

Pythag
Funnier

Strong Scumread:

Lore
In 666, I flipped on ExLight after rereading and feeling some purity and intent to sort to some of their posts. I started to townread Z25 at this point because of steadily seeing more and more indications that they were forming legitimate reads via legitimate progressions, and because of very close mindmeld. I split apart Pythag (on whom I was uncertain) and funnier (who read to me as scum).

The 666 readlist:

Town:

ExLight
Raxxel
UtopianPoyzin
Z25

Townlean w/ Tinfoils:

Ranmaru
Xivii

Null:

#HBC | Kary
Pythag

Scum:

funnier6
Wiisp (Lore)
I've been tinfoiling UP as Sorceror due to legitimate concerns expressed about their pockety nature, so they drop a bit. ExLight doesn't really get a full jump up to a full townread in 666 in my head, since that was still in flux at the time. Similar with Z25. I recognize concerns towards both of them and don't feel comfortable putting them into townread territory. Ranmaru is steadily pocketing me more and more. Oh well, definitely no reason to be suspicious of that.

I plan to use at least some time tonight and/or tomorrow to fill in some blank spots in my thoughts on people, but I'd probably go for something like this for current reads:

Town:

Ranmaru
Raxxel

Townlean w/ Tinfoils:

ExLight
Xivii
UtopianPoyzin (Most of my tinfoils have him as Sorceror rather than Wolf, but I don't really want to go there toDay.)
Z25

Null:

#HBC | Kary
Pythag

Scum:

funnier6
Wiisp (Lore)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That's not true, ZZ5. I have interacted with everyone. I have given multiple reads lists, and asked questions. None of which you have done. You have been reactive, and not interacting with Ex just shows you aren't trying to sort him, but instead you choose to ask Kary about his vote and solely that. Right now, this is the most often you have been in thread at once.
Really I haven’t done any of that?

because I’ve posted reads multiple times, I answer anything that’s asked to me and try to keep up participation. And I’ll admit I don’t ask to many questions, but that’s because most ground is already covered so I have no reason to.

People like Utopian have kept up a majority of the questions and interactions which leaves plenty to be observed and learn on a player without me needing to interact with them.

And by your logic here, pythag should be just as much a target for you. He’s been less active then I and contributed less when here. I’m not saying you have to see me as town, but I genuinely think your idea underselling my slot because of the bias your scum read is giving.

Also I don’t have all day to sit here and participate for hours on end. I contribute as much as I can but other then that I’m still in college for another year and that’s coming first.

Before I get told then I shouldn’t play, I actually completely object to that idea. I contribute a fair amount of content to the games I’m in and this place struggles already with people being active, I’m not going to leave those out who want to play these games by not joining, such I join to keep a slot filled and allow games to progress a little easier. That’s not related to the game at hand though. So you want me to participate more, that’s fair.

I’ll start with this then:

Raxxel Raxxel Pythag Pythag #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary Wiisp Wiisp UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin osieorb18 osieorb18 Xivii Xivii funnier6 funnier6 ExLight ExLight

How do you all feel about my activity since ran has a problem with it? If more people agree with ran that’s fine, I’ll work on trying to contribute more, but I want honest opinions here. How do my contributions fair in all your books?

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Also, I'm enjoying that you're giving the thread another scroll, but some of your questions have essentially been already asked within a short timeframe of the posts you are are responding to, like the Xivii scum team reads post.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Thats a new one

Acronym that is

I'm probably gonna head to bed soon so dunno when I'll be able to finish my catch up

I've got things going on tomorrow and I think I'm working Thursday at eod but I dont remember what hour that happens

Anyways I should be able to at least pop in and get a bit further along than this
All I wanted was your reasoning for a townread on Lore...

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
he's a ****ing pain to read and'll prolly try to pocket and save me so I don't die to leave him by himself in a place full of scary strangers no matter his alignment

If he's interested in the game he's gon be a dense mf starting all crazy af, tryina to solve things, and then having an existential crisis and becoming defeatist unless he gets lots of love and support. OR if he ain't feeling it he'll be a bag of potatoes and do nothing.
And if he's scum he's usually pretty aggressive and cold and methodical and kinda creepy.

I was scumleaning him earlier because he was kind of hit and running and popping sporadically randomly which doesn't really fit the townie playstyle I'd expect of him here. Right now I'm still getting some mixed signs, like him poking stuff somewhat aggressively but at the same time trying to keep up while not that interested, so I'm most likely null-very slightly scumreading him. It will become clearer as the days go by.
The bolded was really sweet

The rest of it was not ohmigosh

I'll add my color commentary to that later but my scum playstyle is creepy?!

I wish you could see my face ohmigosh

osieorb18

Smash Ace

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Oml and I’m still phone posting. It’s fine I guess, but you’ll have to go solely on text for now because I’m too tired to go for too much quoting so I’ll use post numbers. I’m currently lying in bed, but I have time to talk.

Osie. Osie is one of the strongest townreads at this point that I’ve had in any game. All of their posts are either give me town vibes or give me nothing. #847 is a recent example on this page that strikes me as incredibly town, but I could support any of their posts basically.

Xivii. Xivii is another townie, however they have many more posts that could come from either alignment. In the contrary, they don’t have any scummy posts, and plenty of townie posts to go off of too. It also helps that Osie vs Xivii looks TvT, but I’d say that Xivii has been doing a bit more coasting recently in this phase, i.e. they haven’t been providing much insight beyond asking questions and general posts. Still an easy townread, but something that caught my eye. I feel like Xivii is capable of being a top-tier WW who is flying beneath my nose, so Ill he examining the flip toDay and see what that means for Xivii.

I like ExLight’s content; I felt like our conversation was productive and it helped me get a better feel for ExLight in this game. I do think that they are starting to get too tinfoily, but I don’t fault them as considering all possibilities as scum is the only way we can progress the game, and it clearly shows that ExLight is willing to make difficult reads if it means they can theorize overlooked situations. To that point, I’m probably going to reconsider my townreads anyway on D2. Even if I say that Osie is my top townread at this moment, it would be absurd to give them a free pass for the rest of the game in my book.

My read on Raxxel is getting weaker overtime. It could be just me, but I feel like they’ve been distancing themselves more and more from the thread as the day goes on. I haven’t found anything scummy there though, and the town posts are clearly present. I am a bit concerned because they don’t seem to be going out of their way to give unprompted reads, but that would make me a bit of a hypocrite as the reason I’m doing this now is because of Ranmaru’s request. And no, it’s not because I’m “doing what I’m told as scum”, it’s to address the fact that people believe that all I’ve done this game is ask questions, but so don’t believe that to be the case, so I’m putting all of my reads in one location.

I’m going to put funnier’s read in the next post because I got a ton of notifications saying that funnier quotes me so I want to take care of those first. With that being said, I’m going to make it into a Part 2.

I also want to cover some other things people have quoted me for, so I’ll do that.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Also, I'm enjoying that you're giving the thread another scroll, but some of your questions have essentially been already asked within a short timeframe of the posts you are are responding to, like the Xivii scum team reads post.
My concern is that he's asking a lot of questions, but he does not seem to necessarily be drawing conclusions from those questions.

ExLight

Smash Lord
The bolded was really sweet

The rest of it was not ohmigosh

I'll add my color commentary to that later but my scum playstyle is creepy?!

I wish you could see my face ohmigosh
the way you put a pressure vote on me that you never removed and wagoned me after saying you'd protect me in batman mafia was super creepy and scarred me

good thing you got three cops and a vigi hitting you the night after

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
I'm aware some (most) have been answered already

A lot of times I'm not satisfied with the later given answers and would prefer to hear their logic from the beginning

This is about understanding people more than anything

Also hi nice to meet you scary person avatar do you know a lot of people here?
All I wanted was your reasoning for a townread on Lore...

Hon this is just the beginning

I dont end up as a top poster of 90% of games I play for nothing

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
ZZ5, I would never tell you not to play. Every one is welcome to join us. I have Pythag in my bottom four so I have already considered his low presence.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
My read on Raxxel is getting weaker overtime. It could be just me, but I feel like they’ve been distancing themselves more and more from the thread as the day goes on. I haven’t found anything scummy there though, and the town posts are clearly present. I am a bit concerned because they don’t seem to be going out of their way to give unprompted reads, but that would make me a bit of a hypocrite as the reason I’m doing this now is because of Ranmaru’s request. And no, it’s not because I’m “doing what I’m told as scum”, it’s to address the fact that people believe that all I’ve done this game is ask questions, but so don’t believe that to be the case, so I’m putting all of my reads in one location.
I do believe that they have not been as active recently as they were at other points in the thread, and so that may be colouring your read to a degree. FWIW, I don't think you're a wolf right now, but I'm not ruling you out as a Sorceror candidate yet.

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
the way you put a pressure vote on me that you never removed and wagoned me after saying you'd protect me in batman mafia was super creepy and scarred me

good thing you got three cops and a vigi hitting you the night after
Dude KoD was in that game

I WAS THE ONE SCARRED

Also I'm sorry please forgive

Top Bottom