• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorcerer's 11 Open

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
What is this cool down you speak of?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Because you have good reason to believe he's scum I'd hope

If you'd read the last page or so you'd see I am not caught up and voted Ran because he voted me during RVS so you certainly aren't going to hear why I want to lynch him because I dont atm
hmm I think the shade was unnecessary, especially the first sentence, but ok

osieorb18

Smash Ace
I'm used to 2 days Days, so damn these 5 days phases are exhausting
I can't imagine the hellhole with 2 weeks phases Ranny plays in
I come from a 2-week site too. I've started to find it a bit long, but it also helps to maintain a very skill intensive group that wants to relax some.

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
Pretty much none on the first question, which answers the second and third to a degree. The third question I can get into more detail on (mostly if not entirely positive), but I'd rather save it for post-game since it's not particularly alignment-related. As for my read on them, I find them relatively townie with a few tinfoils of potential scum worlds.
How do you know of him then? Just happened to see him posting elsewhere?

ExLight

Smash Lord
funnier save my ass and explain them some of the most ridiculous things I've done in my few months of mafia

Why should we be voting the players you are on?
Pythag's arguments were mostly parrotings I had already addressed trying to make me look bad
If he really were scumreading me why didn't he address me and demanded explanations or clarifications? why not poke these things he thought to be off?
and as Rammy pointed he didn't even had the balls to explicitly say he was scumreading me which is just a really passive posture, which doesn't fit the aggressive follow up after I counterpoke him imo

although he does make a somewhat fair point about the chart which is mostly a silly meme that doesn't reflect any super serious positions specially since I don't know anyone here other than funnier and to a very small degree poy

My vote was there mostly because I want him to become a counterwagon since he's on everyone's bottom 3 reads and I feel like it's fair
but I feel like I'm the one going to get wagoned instead aren't I :surppika:

that is not what I meant
When I say, "playing 3rd party to the thread", I mean making posts that don't feel like they actually care about this direction of the game
not on D1, no, yea
maybe I'll be more excited about it D2

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Two things, How do I turn my presence to invisible
and secondly, I kinda wanna vote Ranmaru for "liking" posts lol

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Top right you'll see your name, click on that, and click on privacy. There should be two boxes you can check off for online status.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
How do you know of him then? Just happened to see him posting elsewhere?
Yep, that's about it. I pretty much was just saying that their username was familiar to me. I might have played with them on MU or Mafia451 at some point, but I'm not confident on that and am inclined to say that I've just seen them around. I get around a lot. (Interpret that as you will.)

ExLight

Smash Lord
it's kinda lame that your like option doesn't have different reactions
and why the **** do yall have emotes for all pokés of the 2 first gens some of them are actually super great sprites

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I don't think we've played, but I have certainly posted a few times and remember your name and avatar from Mafia451.

ExLight

Smash Lord
jesus christ I'm making too many grammar mistakes I guess I'm tired and that I should just go to bed :surppika:
g'night yall

osieorb18

Smash Ace
I don't think we've played, but I have certainly posted a few times and remember your name and avatar from Mafia451.
I also played in a few hydra games on MU. That's the only place where I thought we might have played, but I'm not bothering to go back and look.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Osie, did your reads change, and if so, can you explain why?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Xivii Xivii Can I get a full reads list, I'd like to know where your head is at.

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
It’s not bad advice, but I’d prefer you try not to buddy Mamboo. They read the rules, but were probably wondering what to talk about during the day, and not how to play. The last thing we need is giving a new player a biased perspective.
Yeah I mean its not like there are 9 other players to prevent one person from giving a noob a biased impression mmmm
because we have short day phases
I dont think we can be friends anymore
Was doing some offsite investigation on you to try to get a sense of your meta
Thats funny cause I feel like you dont have any grasp at all on my meta and probably little to none on Ex except that you find yourselves similar

Tbf I dont have a grasp on yours but I'm learning
Hi I exist sup I’m funnier nice to lynch you I mean meet you I’m probably not gonna dedicate much effort to this game k thx bye

Vote: Ex

Hey bae
In retrospect I can see why this gave such a bad impression lol
UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin why are you being so aggressive? See:
I dont really get this question

The things youre saying he posted aggressively aren't that aggressive

And if you do find them aggressive what exactly about the aggression do you have a problem with?

Do you know Poy well? Did I ask you already? What exactly is the purpose of that question
Also not understanding the point of yall's day length discussion as if it has anything to do with the game and it's subjective anyway.
Getting to know each other is vital among new player bases

And apparently nobody here knows everybody else so thats kind of weird and scary

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Raxxel Raxxel ranmaru ranmaru UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin ExLight ExLight Z25 Z25 Xivii Xivii #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary Pythag Pythag funnier6 funnier6 Wiisp Wiisp

I posted part of a Lore ISO in my large mass-ISO post on page 8.

Here is my full ISO on Lore.

• They enter the thread with 205.
  • 207 (6 min later) is a LHF vote on me.
  • 208 (3 min later) is their "I thought more about this and I'm doubling down on this easy LHF read." From my perspective, this sets them up to later be unable to weasel out of their read safely.
  • 211 (3 min later) is getting extremely defensive quite rapidly about someone pointing out that their post was scummy, in the process setting up shade on that player for defending me.
  • 216 (6 min later) offhandedly implies that Xivii is defending me because Xivii is scum regardless of my alignment.
  • 217 (1 min later) asks Utopian to make other reads for Lore.
  • 223 (11 min later) makes it clear that he doesn't scumread me and makes a last-ditch effort to try to setup for backing off the read whether or not I stop the haikus.
  • 227 (3 min later) goes after Raxxel. I actually kinda like this post, but it's not doing much and it's rather all of a sudden.
  • 228 (2 min later) shades Xivii for defending someone who had given a scumread on Xivii.
  • 231 (4 min later) is NAI. Fair response to Poyzin, though.
  • 237 (3 min later) continues to shade Xivii for defending me.
  • 280 (About 8 hrs later) is an easy statement that continues to focus on OoG. They want Mamboo replaced out. They're focused on the Haikus rather than on my content. They aren't going to be around very much. This all feels like a wolf who doesn't want to have to do too much.
  • 281 (17 min later) uses a distinct context to double down again on his mislynch push on me.
  • 299 (About 3 hours later) continues their push without spending any time considering the content of the post.
  • 300 (2 min later) instead focuses on an easier post to content read, a joke post, and handwaves the scumreads on Lore and Z25 as OMGUS.
  • 302 (6 min later) defends policy lynches over scumhunting. While policy lynches might have their place (In my opinion they don't but your mileage may vary), explicitly defending it as being more important than scumreading is a terrible look.
  • 303 (1 min later) continues to aim for handwaving my reads as nothing but OMGUS.
  • 407 (About 5 hours later) is where Lore replaces out in response to being called out by me.
  • 420 (About 4 hours later) is probably the third towniest post from Lore all game, where they suggest that their frustration may have been legitimate. I'm not convinced that this isn't just trying to make themself look less bad for replacing out because their mislynch push was being ignored, but your mileage may vary.

I pretty much stated my opinion, albeit not my read, in my longer follow-up post after they ragequit. And I think that I've been relatively clear about why I scumread the slot.

Rereading that was pretty disheartening...

I'm hoping that Wisp can turn the slot around, but at the moment, from my perspective, he hasn't done anything significant enough to remove the massive scum equity left there by Lore, with or without Lore's replacement.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
I mention the time differences between posts to make a point:

The time differences between posts (and the post number differences) are usually small enough that there isn't really enough time for reads to progress. So outside of the longer periods starting with the 8 hour segment between 237 and 280, it's not a surprise that their reads stay static, but it is a surprise that they have such a vehement push on me. That is somewhat explained away by explicitly not scumreading me in 223, but not entirely.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
"look less bad for replacing"
man that read is quite disgusting coming from you, and it makes me cry

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Phone posting :

Pythag's arguments were mostly parrotings I had already addressed trying to make me look bad
If he really were scumreading me why didn't he address me and demanded explanations or clarifications?
It’s almost, ALMOST like I’m not scumreading you.

why not poke these things he thought to be off?
and as Rammy pointed he didn't even had the balls to explicitly say he was scumreading me which is just a really passive posture, which doesn't fit the aggressive follow up after I counterpoke him imo
Maybe, maaaaaaaybe because I wasn’t trying to be aggressive in the first place. Especially TO you. Goodness gracious.

I call you odd, and you absolutely lose your mind.

Kary, and Ran have now asked you about what i said that called you scummy, and you seem to breeze by it.

although he does make a somewhat fair point about the chart which is mostly a silly meme that doesn't reflect any super serious positions specially since I don't know anyone here other than funnier and to a very small degree poy
The thing that really caught my eye was actually Osie’s response to me about it.

My vote was there mostly because I want him to become a counterwagon since he's on everyone's bottom 3 reads and I feel like it's fair
but I feel like I'm the one going to get wagoned instead aren't I :surppika:
Thus I have no problem with. Being a counter wagon that is.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
And apparently nobody here knows everybody else so thats kind of weird and scary
That's now always the case, we just have a bunch of new people, or people that have been playing here for a bit, that I haven't played with yet, until this game. We don't rely on meta, but eventually once we get to know each other, it sort of becomes second hand.

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
In Xivii’s defense, I also am reading Mamboo town. Their initial reaction to the start of the phase was to ask “what do I do”. A new scum player would ask this in their scumtalk with their buddy Werewolf, something that I can’t see Mamboo doing before making the same post in the main thread.
This read is terrible

You know nothing about this player

I have seen lots of noob scum in my day

"What do I do" is absolutely not a tell
I don’t really feel like answering these questions because neither of them have any bearing with this game
I think the first one does have bearing and I dont see why you disagree
Invisible play
Reduces OOG Chance.
I approve of this.
Reduces what now?

osieorb18

Smash Ace
"look less bad for replacing"
man that read is quite disgusting coming from you, and it makes me cry
Heh. My reads this game have been pretty gross sometimes, not gonna lie. I had to mull over whether or not one of my reasons for scumreading funnier was an Elli-tell or not. I don't have familiarity with any of the people here, so I'm sorta just winging it, which means I end up pulling out a few of the stops on what I consider to be in good form in the game. Something something Playing to Win something something Git Gud something something Not even mad something something Banana.

Also, it seems that Premium is what removes the cooldown. Not sure on that, but anyways... probably not paying 3+ dollars to lose cooldown for this game.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Xiivi doesn't have premium though.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Elli's cool, he helped me with chess.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pythag Pythag
ranmaru ranmaru
ExLight ExLight
funnier6 funnier6

Why should we be voting the players you are on?
Not sure we should be voting funnier at this point. I need to reread when I’m not on a phone.

I’m being swayed to vote for z25, but I don’t want to put him at L-1, and I also don’t like just un voting, so I’ll hopefully come back to answer this better either laaaate tonight or tomorrow. (I’m still at work)

ExLight

Smash Lord
can't sleep too hot

Elli's cool, he helped me with chess.
I love it but funnier won't play with me anymore for some reason
let's play together someday

Phone posting :
why are all your posts such a pain to quote and stuff

Raxxel Raxxel ranmaru ranmaru UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin ExLight ExLight Z25 Z25 Xivii Xivii #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary Pythag Pythag funnier6 funnier6 Wiisp Wiisp

I posted part of a Lore ISO in my large mass-ISO post on page 8.

Here is my full ISO on Lore.

• They enter the thread with 205.
  • 207 (6 min later) is a LHF vote on me.
  • 208 (3 min later) is their "I thought more about this and I'm doubling down on this easy LHF read." From my perspective, this sets them up to later be unable to weasel out of their read safely.
  • 211 (3 min later) is getting extremely defensive quite rapidly about someone pointing out that their post was scummy, in the process setting up shade on that player for defending me.
  • 216 (6 min later) offhandedly implies that Xivii is defending me because Xivii is scum regardless of my alignment.
  • 217 (1 min later) asks Utopian to make other reads for Lore.
  • 223 (11 min later) makes it clear that he doesn't scumread me and makes a last-ditch effort to try to setup for backing off the read whether or not I stop the haikus.
  • 227 (3 min later) goes after Raxxel. I actually kinda like this post, but it's not doing much and it's rather all of a sudden.
  • 228 (2 min later) shades Xivii for defending someone who had given a scumread on Xivii.
  • 231 (4 min later) is NAI. Fair response to Poyzin, though.
  • 237 (3 min later) continues to shade Xivii for defending me.
  • 280 (About 8 hrs later) is an easy statement that continues to focus on OoG. They want Mamboo replaced out. They're focused on the Haikus rather than on my content. They aren't going to be around very much. This all feels like a wolf who doesn't want to have to do too much.
  • 281 (17 min later) uses a distinct context to double down again on his mislynch push on me.
  • 299 (About 3 hours later) continues their push without spending any time considering the content of the post.
  • 300 (2 min later) instead focuses on an easier post to content read, a joke post, and handwaves the scumreads on Lore and Z25 as OMGUS.
  • 302 (6 min later) defends policy lynches over scumhunting. While policy lynches might have their place (In my opinion they don't but your mileage may vary), explicitly defending it as being more important than scumreading is a terrible look.
  • 303 (1 min later) continues to aim for handwaving my reads as nothing but OMGUS.
  • 407 (About 5 hours later) is where Lore replaces out in response to being called out by me.
  • 420 (About 4 hours later) is probably the third towniest post from Lore all game, where they suggest that their frustration may have been legitimate. I'm not convinced that this isn't just trying to make themself look less bad for replacing out because their mislynch push was being ignored, but your mileage may vary.

I pretty much stated my opinion, albeit not my read, in my longer follow-up post after they ragequit. And I think that I've been relatively clear about why I scumread the slot.

Rereading that was pretty disheartening...

I'm hoping that Wisp can turn the slot around, but at the moment, from my perspective, he hasn't done anything significant enough to remove the massive scum equity left there by Lore, with or without Lore's replacement.
jesus christ how can you make such dedicated and pretty ISOs

honestly, most of these can be seen as the person just having some bad days and being really easily frustrated imo
they did suggest at #20 (yes it's a pre-game post) that they were somewhat still transitioning out of a bad spot, which can easily reflect in the game

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
funnier6 funnier6 I am curious how accurately you can read Ex, and what you expect town him to do, and mafia him to do.

ExLight

Smash Lord
funnier6 funnier6 I am curious how accurately you can read Ex, and what you expect town him to do, and mafia him to do.
he can't
noone can so far
I though Minish could but Exnoia started corrupting her after I rolled scum and now she always scumreads me lol

Top Bottom