• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorcerer's 11 Open

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Wait, Raxxel's relatively new? Damn, I might have to try to poach them too.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Also now that I posted that, after reading the thread, I'm curious

#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary why vote Utopian? I might have missed it because I was focusing on compiling my last post primarily while reading new posts here, but I would love to hear more on that slot for you or even more reads in general since you've caught up.
I have a scum lean on Poyzin and the other options for voting right now are pretty bad. I can vote for you if you prefer?

2 Things I don't like about Poyzin:

1. Thinking out loud too much. Sharing your thoughts when nobody asked makes me think you're faking it, putting on a show. Example;
I don't think I've seen Raxxel ask for somebody to elaborate on their opinion, ever. I'm feeling good about this slot as of now, leaning to null-town.
2. Being a weathervane, asking for directions. Seems like you're scared to make a mistake and want to just blend in with other people. Example;
Towncore @Xivii and osieorb18 osieorb18 which wagon are we going with? I really think I need to reconsider my vote on Z25 but I really liked it earlier so I'm sure there's still something there. There recent posts have apparently been better though but they were really scummy early game. Lore on the other hand would be a pretty obvious alternative if we believe Z25, and the case there is pretty strong to. I need to re-ISO Z25 I think.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Wait, Raxxel's relatively new? Damn, I might have to try to poach them too.
Poach?

I have a scum lean on Poyzin and the other options for voting right now are pretty bad. I can vote for you if you prefer?

1. Thinking out loud too much. Sharing your thoughts when nobody asked makes me think you're faking it, putting on a show. Example;

2. Being a weathervane, asking for directions. Seems like you're scared to make a mistake and want to just blend in with other people. Example;
I don't agree with your first point at all, I think that being active and observant in a mafia game is very pro-town.

I would agree with your second point if the post you cited didn't have UP then immediately go into their own reads and the reasoning behind them, as well as propose a wagon.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
#528 Was an overreaction to an analysis from Pythag, which wasn't accusotary at all.
#594 Is shading Rax without giving a conclusion.
#607 Mentions that Pythag is opportunistic and being uncalled for when that doesn't apply to Pythag.
#636 Here, ZZ5 has a scum lean on Ex, but is in response to another player, as was Pythag's response. The difference, is that Ex finds that eh, instead of the same as his stance on Pythag.

This shows that Ex cares more to scum read Pythag for faulty reasons, rather than ZZ5, who is scumleaning him, and both have not interacted with him before those points. His problem with Pythag, was that Pythag had not interacted with him before that, and that it was opportunistic of him. Yet, Xiivi asked him to elaborate on Ex, and Pythag answered. Pythag's response was fair, and true. Yet Ex took this as offense, and attacked him. Now, Osie asks ZZ5 his opinion of Ex, who also never interacted with him before, but Ex gave him a pass, and is also trying to push for an inactive over him. I also find his shading of Rax a scumtell, because he snips the analysis, to make it look bad for Rax, and 'pokes' at him, when it doesn't actually help him sort him any better. It's just purely to shade, which was his intent from the beginning, and not to 'discover' what his alignment is. This is a scum mindset.

TOWN [OSIE RAX XIIVI UP LORE | Kary Funnier | Pythag EX ZZ5] SCUM

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Xiivi moves up in my town list, and Ex becomes my second scumpick.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
For the record, I think that the Lore / z25 / osie argument is a stupid thing to focus the Day phase around. Wouldn't be surprised if there's no scum there at all. Didn't see enough from Lore to actually get a read on them. That slot needs replacing ASAP.
Really interested in your reads after this post, Kary.

Osie,I cannot figure out an interaction you had with Exlight.
I comment on Exlight's chart

not even a little surprised at my location.

I AM surprised at Rax's position however.

@UP I don't totally know what to make of him.

I really didn't like the responses of :
Hey I'm not giving this time, and then immediately whined that no one was trying to get to know him. It seemed like he was going to be intentionally low effort, like Mamboo. That's not necessarily encouraging others imo.

his explanation of why he would be that way makes more sense, and his activity has been better. Idk.
osie comes in and comments on that-

Also the chart is
Placement based on avatars.
It's not real reads.
because while re-reading, Ex wrote twice that he was going to make reads, and there are only slight mentions of avatars.

as for reads let's be honest if you think I have some super gamebreaking read I don't specially cuz it's D1 and I don't know anyone's meta other than funnier's
but I can make some tame and polite guesses based on a lawful/chaotic-good/evil chart in a meme site if you want which is cute right
He's giving light reads.

Plus :

idk who those are by name
side note that none of that is alignment indicative ok so evil =/= scum

red woman is lawful evil cuz she was giving me really behaved and logical vibes; although I feel like there wasn't as much interest in her posts as they appear on their first sight
not much avatar talk here.

and her avatar looks like someone who would spank me which is kinda kinky and kinky = evil, yes I'm kinkshaming here (no I'm not, if anyone is about to defend their kinks don't worry they're prolly fine and I'm kidding)
ok, there's some.

blue flame guy is there because there was no space left
ok, fair enough.

and the black shy guy guy has a creepy avatar and answered a post earlier today with a massive ass poem with a funky rhyme scheme that's just chaotic and evil and noone will change my mind
Creepy avatar?? I prefer to call it retro.
and I'm not too big of a fan of his early reads who seem to somewhat rely in RVS but we'll see if he changes them over time
this is distinctly not a meme statement, and not avatar based.

I also don't follow his logic of 'evil doesn't mean scummy, but the people that are in the evil category (sans blue flame) I'm going to list things that I find shady about them.

Why pop in to defend the chart? Why defend it incorrectly?

I know Pythag is a very good player
I now question Raxxel's judgement.

Ok so about Pythag, it's not much and maybe it's OMGUS but WHATEVER

ok, so rereading his posts I came across this one
commentaries like this that seem like massive logic gaps without any reasoning behind
iirc Xivii was voting Sakurai and suggested cop/seer targets that weren't Lore, so this association that Lore and Xivii can't be scumbuds is kinda "eh?" and literally makes no sense to me and if anything that kinda raises a read flag to me
At the time, xivii's laser focus on lore struck me as genuine, so if lore flipped, I'd have a harder time viewing xivii as scum.
If lore flipped town, xivii looks a lot more, maniuplative in my mind. It's not that they're scumbuddies, it was that potentially there was one scum between them.

I agree with Poy in #367 and have no idea what counterpoint Py tried to make in response at #373
My point was that my baseline wasn't that haiku was pro or anti town, it was that most of the time, I view brevity as a pro town trait. THAT was my basis for asking those questions, and why I asked both lore and osie questions about the format, rather than the content.

from townreading me in #263 cuz I had a ""wagon"" to outta nowhere coming at me full force at #525 onwards without any attempt of interactions between us both is just uncalled for and opportunistic
I mean, two people on someone who hasn't even posted, and isn't even lurking, I was trying to look out for people potentially jumping on. I don't know how all y'all play. I still don't know if I have called you 'scummy' in my 'full force' post, which was directed at xivii, who had asked me my thoughts on you.

you seem to think being 'inconsequential' and 'odd' is calling you scummy, to the point that you fly off the handle at me, creating scenarios that I didn't create. I and Kary have no asked you where I called you scummy in those posts, and you have yet to answer (unless I read wrong)

who was this directed at tho
It was directed at UP, about funnier. Here's the full quote :

not even a little surprised at my location.

I AM surprised at Rax's position however.

@UP I don't totally know what to make of him.

I really didn't like the responses of :
Hey I'm not giving this time, and then immediately whined that no one was trying to get to know him. It seemed like he was going to be intentionally low effort, like Mamboo. That's not necessarily encouraging others imo.

his explanation of why he would be that way makes more sense, and his activity has been better. Idk.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh shoot. The spoiler tag was already saved, so when I copied and pasted, it made a big mess. My bad guys.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Because it makes it look like you're doing something without actually giving reads or providing reasoning
He's trying to show you that you are wrong, but isn't actually shading you. At the very least, it should be null.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Pythag, curious what your thoughts are on my #685.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I intend to re-read Pythag, because I don't think both Ex and Pythag are scum.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I really don't like this post and I'll need some time to work out how best to explain why. I think I'll table that until tomorrow morning, unless I come up with something soon.
How is this coming along?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Two is an interesting point. I did sort of touch in that in my reads. Looking for approval is odd but I could also see it being Utopian trying to encourage more participation in the game/gather various opinions on the current game state. It’s something I could see town or scum do.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Hi everyone, I'll start rereading tonight after work
If someone can tell me if there is an iso on this site, and how to use it, that would be much appreciated

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Also any important info I should know would be great as well

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hi everyone, I'll start rereading tonight after work
If someone can tell me if there is an iso on this site, and how to use it, that would be much appreciated
I think this is the best you can do :

Not as nice as the iso function, but if you click search, leave the first field blank, select "this thread" and insert the user's name, it gives you all their posts from the thread (not sure if this was apparent or not, but I remember you mentioning using find function)
What I typically do is click the person's username, click their name again in the box that pops up, then click 'postings.'
Sadly if they have any interaction in other threads you see those too, I think that problem is solved if you do it the above method.

Are you replacing Lore?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I think this is the best you can do :

What I typically do is click the person's username, click their name again in the box that pops up, then click 'postings.'
Sadly if they have any interaction in other threads you see those too, I think that problem is solved if you do it the above method.

Are you replacing Lore?
I saw stuff on searching via the magnifying glass up top on the previous page which works well enough

And yes I am replacing lore

Currently on break, but I won't be able to actively participate or read the thread for at least 4 more hours

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Re-reading Pythag, I still find his initial reads weak, and his presence to have been lacking. I can't say I'm really confident in Pythag flipping scum due to this, and Ex's push on him makes me think they are likely not buddies. I think his recent post has good questions, but I can only put him at null, and I would still be open to compromising to him, but would not prioritize him over ZZ5 or EX. Thoughts on my #685 and a full reads list with reasoning, might help me sort him better.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pythag, curious what your thoughts are on my #685.
It's a solid comparison, like, I follow it.

I'm having a hard time finding it explicitly scummy. I found it frustrating, and was glad that others saw it as a in disproportional response. Especially when he's been accusing UP of being aggressive, something that I disagree with.

I guess my point is this :
--any town person that feels wronged has a hammer, and everything starts looking like a nail.

Given Ex's nonresponse to z25 having a scum lean on him, do that indicate to you partners? Or just inconsistency?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I find his nonresponse shows he doesn't care to show to why he treated you differently than ZZ5. I also find his #552 to imply that he is trying to direct the lynch away from ZZ5 to an inactive for the sake of helping the mod. Which means I find them being buddies is likely.

ExLight

Smash Lord
. I also find his #552 to imply that he is trying to direct the lynch away from ZZ5 to an inactive for the sake of helping the mod.
eh, I ain't trying to redirect nothing
I was just saying that if we were going to stick with those two wagons I'd prefer Lore over Sakurai for this reason

ExLight

Smash Lord
I really have a gift to be scumread don't I lmfao
I'll prolly chill here for a bit while waiting for Wisp to catch up and then come back at the EoD panicking and begging to not get lynched like always sigh

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
UP, can I have a full reads list?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
UP, can I have a full reads list?
Alright, you got it.

Poyzin
Osieorb
Xivii
Raxxel
Funnier
ExLight

Ranmaru
Kary

Z25
Pythag
Wiisp

It’s really simple right now. I have no reason to delve head first into wine at this moment in time because anybody’s alignment can be fabricated D1, but it’s only after the flips begin to happen that people’s true alignments are revealed.

ExLight

Smash Lord
Alright, you got it.

Poyzin
Osieorb
Xivii
Raxxel
Funnier
ExLight

Ranmaru
Kary

Z25
Pythag
Wiisp

It’s really simple right now. I have no reason to delve head first into wine at this moment in time because anybody’s alignment can be fabricated D1, but it’s only after the flips begin to happen that people’s true alignments are revealed.
are you still using my lime goddamit

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
As long as you get to it tonight. I am curious why you hadn't given a list without anyone asking in the first place. Also, when is that list updated from? (As in, at what time was the list formed)

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
As long as you get to it tonight. I am curious why you hadn't given a list without anyone asking in the first place. Also, when is that list updated from? (As in, at what time was the list formed)
I think it mainly stemmed from the thought that I believed I had communicated my reads quite clearly in the past. Like every thing I have said up to this point supports that list, etc. I don’t really have a good excuse though. It is what it is, I’ll get it tonight.

ExLight

Smash Lord
In his #535 he listed you as potential scum. Curious why you didn't react or respond to this initially.
he literally says that my reactions can also be townie
which means he's assuming my actions are NAI despite seeming scummy

why would I care about his conclusion if his process of thought says I'm null over and over lol

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
He ends the paragraph stating he's leaning towards you being potential scum reacting poorly to a little pressure, and has you as a scum lean in his reads list. Now if you didn't find that concerning, why did you react harshly to Pythag, who hasn't given an alignment read for you.

ExLight

Smash Lord
He ends the paragraph stating he's leaning towards you being potential scum reacting poorly to a little pressure, and has you as a scum lean in his reads list. Now if you didn't find that concerning, why did you react harshly to Pythag, who hasn't given an alignment read for you.
because his thought of process was with the intent of painting me as super scummy even if he didn't say it out loud

Top Bottom