• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sora: A new perspective on why he might make it

Status
Not open for further replies.

burrito

Smash Lord
That DS game to the left is not a Kingdom Hearts game, yet it is made by the same team that made Kingdom Hearts. It is an RPG called It's a Wonderful World that takes place in modern Japan. I actually think it seems like a pretty cool concept for an RPG, I like the style.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
SamuraiPanda
Sora definitely looks likely.
Yeah? What game are you talking about?

Pit looks like he could be out of a Final Fantasy game (kinda)
Samus looks like she could be out of a Halo game, "kinda"... Guess what? That has nothing to do with anything.

Kingdom Hearts includes Final Fantasy characters, which are loved worldwide and ESPECIALLY in Japan. Famitsu took a poll and found out that, among the top 10 things that were announced at E3, the Final Fantasy announcements took all the top slots (Snake in Brawl being the only non-Sony announcement in the top 10 was somewhere around 5-6), and FFXII recently recieved a PERFECT score from Famitsu, something only 6 games have ever done before, and is definitely an achievement.
I don't even know if any of that's true or not. But even if it is, wtf does the popularity of Final Fantasy have to do with SORA?

Kingdom Hearts also includes Disney characters
None of which are the character this topic supposedly is about...

We know that Sakurai keeps in mind the wide audience that plays Smash, an example being that Snake doesn't use guns in the game.
When are you gonna talk about Sora?

Square-Enix and Nintendo have had a rough relationship, which they have been recently trying very hard to refresh. Square-Enix is incredibly popular all around the world, and Nintendo knows that. So from a buisness perspective it also makes sense. And don't forget that Kingdom Hearts is crazy popular, too.
This is the closest you've come so far to actually telling us why you think Sora should be in. & you still haven't talked about Sora, you just talked about the game he's from & the company that makes it.

Sora FITS Smash Bros
SSB's theme is that it's a game with a cast of several completely different characters with completely different backgrounds that have nothing to do with eachother. How can any character NOT "fit"? Saying "X Character FITS in Smash Bros" isn't an argument.

A possible replacement for Young Link if they decide to put in the cell-shaded version instead.
Then wouldn't Cell-shaded Link be Young Link's replacement?

I'm sure that there are more points
Really? More then 0?

As a recap:

-Sora's style is popular in Japan, and Sakurai knows that.
-Final Fantasy characters are crazy popular
-Disney characters are also popular, and provide a larger fanbase outside of Japan
-Square and Nintendo are trying to patch up their relationship anyways
-Kingdom Hearts is ALSO very popular
-Sora fits Smash Bros, and can provide a niche that other characters can't fill (or perhaps replace that niche lost if the realistic Young Link is taken out)
-What's his style? That he uses a sword?
-Sora isn't a Final Fantasy character.
-He's not a Disney character either.
-Then tell them to go on Dr. Phil.
-So is Marijuana, but you don't have to smoke it all the time.
-You're an idiot.

I

i8waffles612

SORA AND ROXAS FOR BRAWL!!! I hope they make it. I dont see any reason why they shouldnt. But if they didnt, I would still be OK, i guess....

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . . .Disney and Nintendo are on extremly good terms as of now so Sora has a chance if Nintendo wants to . . .maybe still a KH game exclusive to Nintendo.
Thats all I shall say for now. . .

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
I can really see sora as a character, but just another one in the sword class except with a key. It isn't an impossible character, and I could see Sora fitting in more than Snake at least.

Sandy

Smash Champion
i have nothing better to do, so i'll post my sora moveset.

Anyways, here is the moveset I have thought up for sora.

Power****
Speed***
Recovery**.5
Weight**
Damage Resistance***

Keyblade Used: Kingdom Key
Neutral A Attacks
a- weak vertical slash- 2 (i'm not gonna say anything after the number. its implied)
a,a- quick stab- 3
a,a,a- strong horizontal slash after a quick spin. 6

Tilt attacks
A>- forehand horizontal slash- 11
A^- two handed upwards slash- 9
Av- low backhand horizontal slash- 8 (spike when enemy is off stage)

Smash Attacks
Smash> Spins 180%, then does a strong two handed vertical slash.- 17-24
Smash^ holds keyblade under legs then releases powerful vertical slash.- 15-20
Smashv Uses Explosion Technique (releases balls of energy around him)- 12-18

Aerial Attacks
A aerial- attacks while spinning (flips) up to 4 hits- 4 hits 12
A> Aerial- forehand diagonal slash- 15
A Aerial- backhand horizontal slash behind him- 10
A^ Aerial- Stabs upwards with keyblade- 11
Av Aerial- Stabs downwards with keyblade- 16 (meteor smash)

B Attacks

B- Firaga Spell- Fire Surrounds Sora causing damage to all who are hit- 8 max
B>- Strike- Throws Keyblade at Enemy- 16
B^- Aerial Dodge(skill) Sora does a spinning Jump that damages all in his way- 4
Bv- Thundraga Spell- Showers lighning around Sora- 10 each lightning bolt hit.

Taunt: holds keyblade in the air and says "that's the power of the keyblade"

Victory Pose 1: Holds keyblade on back and says "You'll never defeat the power of my heart!"
Victory Pose 2: without the keyblade, puts hands at his side and laughs
Victory Pose 3: spins keyblade around, touches the tip on the ground in front of him, and says "ha ha, have fun being a heartless"

Costumes: differently coloured clothes, as well as his KH1 clothes.

Final Form

Keyblades Used: Oblivion, Oathkeeper

I know that in the actual kingdom hearts series sora needs two party members to drive into this form, but oh well. this brawl attack lets sora transform into Final form for a short time. In Final Form, Sora controls his keyblades telekinetically, which opens up many new attacks and abilities. sora gets a whole new moveset that increases the power of all his attacks, and lets his keyblades attack on their own. Smash Attacks are disabled in this form, but all other attacks have increased knockback(not too much though).

Keyblade attacks
Jumping- keyblades spin around sora, doing 1 damage each hit.-10 max
air dodging- keyblades spin in front of sora while air dodging. 4 max
dodge recovering from the ledge. One keyblade swings behind sora on the edge. 1 max

Sora-Final Form
Neutral A Attack
A- four slash attack-7

Tilt A Attacks
A>-keyblades jab continuously at enemy- 16 max
A^- keyblades spin above sora- 13 max
Av- keyblades spin at sora’s feet.- 15 max

Final Form Aerials
A- rapidly flies around small area, attacking- 15 max
A>- Spinning Slash (sora spins, keyblades attack above and below him)- 12 max
A- keyblades slash in a triangular motion behind sora
A ^- Keyblades slash upwards- 16 max
Av- Keyblades stab rapidly towards the ground- 12 max (last hit meteor smash)

Final Form B Attacks

B- Final Firaga is just like the original spell, except it is larger, and does more damage.- 14 max
B>- Final Strike Sora throws the two keyblades, which attack any enemy that is hit numerous times. This attack can hit multiple targets. 17 max
B^- Glide lets sora to jump in the air slightly, then fly with incredible speed back on stage.- No Damage
Bv- Final Thundraga allows the thunder spell to do much more damage than before, and hit with a much longer range. 15 (each lightning bolt hit)

All of the attacks in final form have a lot of lag, so the massive hitboxes and high damage do balance out.

Final Taunt: spins around then says "i'll never give in to the darkness"

Stage: Destiny Islands

The way this stage will work, it will be like a horizontal Brinstar Depths. Every little while a part of the islands will be sucked into darkness, and you will have to move to another part to survive. once all parts are gone, all characters will fall into darkness, allowing for a little while of all-aerial combat. then after a while, the stage will reappear and it will start all over again. Music: the destiny islands background theme, or the kingdom hearts 2 theme

Devastlian

Smash Lord
i'm not reading all the posts so i dont know if this has been said before but he cant be in because he didnt originate from a ninendo platform...
Neither did Snake.
i have nothing better to do, so i'll post my sora moveset.

Anyways, here is the moveset I have thought up for sora.
I like it. Though, how 'bout Ragnarok for up B. He could do, maybe, three quick upward slashes and then finish by shooting lasers in a small circle around him?

Also, I like Explosion as a down smash. :3

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
If ANY square Enix character deserves to be in it... It's Crono.

Cisne

Smash Apprentice
eh...if sora makes it in , it would be the sora that appears in CoM, he would be a kid (KH 1) and would have not the final form or any other way to weild two keyblades.

sure sora kh2 is cool , but i dont want him in his kiddo version.

Edit: woa , DownB 10% each hit ? wtf , how many hits? 1,5 ?

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Crono can't be in the game because he'd talk. TALK!

Talking Crono will be an abomination. An abomination, I tell you!

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
woooh!! about time I see people supporting Sora for brawl, I totally like the ideas for his moveset and his Final form

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Well, from a purely logical standpoint, like you presented, I agree that those reasons do suggest that Sora would be a logical choice for Sakurai to make. I mean, he even named his studio Sora lol.

Yes, I know he didn't name it for the character, but it's still a funny coincidence.

This being said, I still doubt that Sora will make it in. He has been in one Nintendo game, sure, but is still seen as more of a Playstation icon. Maybe if Sqaure Enix and Nintendo patch things up and get him in more DS and Wii games, then who knows?

But for now, sorry Sora, you're outta luck.

I

i8waffles612

Frank Fly, those moves are great and could work if hes in Brawl. I liked them....

I would also like to see Roxas is Brawl too, but i doubt it =(

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Well, from a purely logical standpoint, like you presented, I agree that those reasons do suggest that Sora would be a logical choice for Sakurai to make. I mean, he even named his studio Sora lol.

If anything, this should make Sakurai NOT want to include Sora (the character) in Brawl. His company is a start-up company that NEEDS advertising and representation. If there were to be a character named Sora in Brawl that has nothing to do with the company Sora that's making the game, that would dilute the "Sora" name.

For a simple example of dilution, someone could say about Brawl, "SORA ROCKS!" and then other people would have to ask him, "Are you talking about the company or the character?"

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
It would cost Nintendo too much to borrow Sora from Disney. So much that the game might have to be rushed because of budget cuts and then the game won't be as good as we hoped.

My answer: HELL NO! Sora should not be in brawl.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I'm so glad it's not happening ^_^

Zeela12

Smash Ace
I think Sora is a great character to have, mainly becuase he's so popular, and also that key blade he has.

I've played Kingdom hearts for the GBA, I thought it sucked alot though, mabye the PS2 ones are better. its got a great game idea though, weird how disney characters are in it... but still brilliant idea... now all they need is for Nintendo to take over the project then it would be a master piece.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
I honestly just don't see it happening.

Don't get me wrong. I see the potential and I really wouldn't mind him in it, but I just don't see Sora getting in over Crono (and possibly Geno.)

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
I think sora has a reall good chance of being in it. LIke they hinted on a couple of more 3rd party characters. Kingdomhearts in on the muisc composers. And today they introduced gliding. The kid started gliding. so yeah i hope hes in there. And maybe his pal riku.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I'm all for Sora being in Brawl. He fits the part way better than Snake does and Snake still got it.
There's hasn't been a real Kingdom Hearts game unlike Metal Gear. That's why Solid Snake is in.

Conker1

Smash Ace
Solid Snake is only infinitely cooler than Sora.
Really, I don't think Sora has a snowball's chance in hell.

If Square gets a slot, which I hope they don't, it'll probably go to a FF character.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Meh, I'll admit it, Sora has a chance to make it to Brawl because Square Enix is somewhat associating themselves with Sakurai san. Well.....music wise anyway....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom