• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sora: A new perspective on why he might make it

Status
Not open for further replies.

lumpey

Smash Rookie
oh...ok...hell...im so excited now...im gonna die...ssbb pressure and dissida pressure...:psycho:

anyways thanks for the link...FOR PSP yay...thats like the top 2 games im waiting for!! great news for a SE/Nintendo fan like me.

Sinn

Smash Lord
i'd prefer Black Mage.

Hell, even Chocobo is a more believeable choice!

yes yes yes!!! <3
Considering that a moogle is a playable character in Mario Hoops, and that you play as a Chobobo in the DS FF Fables game, that's actually not too far of a stretch.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
I would love to see Sora in Brawl. I think he would fit perfectly. I can already see his moveset and everything.
If you played the games you know what I'm talking about.

B - Could cast 3 random magic out of Fire (a fast fireball that is shoot out of his keyblade as he holds it infront of him with long range and some knockback), Thunder (alot of small lightning strikes with no knockback and little damage that cover a large area) , or Blizzard (a mid speed 3 spread shot of ice with short range and with decent knockback).

Side B -Throws his keyblade out kinda like Links boomerang but could call it back to his hand instant if he attacks.

Up B - Tinkerbell showers him with pixie dust and he gets a quick boost/jump from that. Also he could be able to glide like Pit ect.

Down B - Trinity (the attack), jumps into the air, lands his keyblade in the ground, and a white light nails everyone around him. Good knockback but slow animation. About the range of Link's spin attack on the ground.

Final smash for Sora could be his Final Form with 2 keyblades or could call on Mickey Mouse (with keyblade and black hood) to slay everyone yoda style. Lol :p

That's how I would make him if I were Sakurai. Anyway, I hope to see Sora in Brawl! Kingdom Hearts FTW :)

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . . .Whats with all this "theres better S-E characters" BS? Sora's rights are owned by Disney and Disney is the only one Nintendo would have to ask/ talk to get him in the game (My guess is that if he IS in brawl that Sakurai would only need to ask S-E to have some KH people make up a design for him like with TP Link and TP's team).

Disney has the rights to Sora and Disney is on VERY good terms with Nintendo right now so Sora has a "chance" because of this.
(IMHO I think that the only way Sora is getting in is if KH goes to Wii in some form. . . http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3162386
Theres been a crap load of rumors and official talk over the past few years that points to this happening)

And if S-E gets a "rep" it will probly be a Choocabo or that guy from FFCC:wii and not all these other more "deserving" characters you all seem to think are more likely. (Geno (IDK why people like that thing), Cloud, Trigger dude or w/e. . .)

Hong

The Strongest
I'm not sure if this supports anything, but they released a Disney version of the DS puzzle game Meteos. Meteos is the first game designed by Mr. Sakurai since he left Nintendo. All this says is he had worked with Disney characters before, but that's not really saying much.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
No No and No.

The role of spiky blond haired, blue eyed, anime-esqu teen us way overused. Brawl doesn't need a character looking that generic.
Because the looks of the characters is all that matters, right? >_>

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Because the looks of the characters is all that matters, right? >_>
Totally.

Plus, Brawl is SO "spiky blond haired, blue eyed, anime-esqu teen" heavy. I mean there's LINK and. . . LINK. We just don't have room for another one. I wouldn't even be able to tell him apart from everyone else.

[/end sarcasm]

Sora's not even blond, Bob. :ohwell:

Sora's design was inspired by a working formula (pretty anime boy with bright eyes and spiky hair), that's true. But don't hold that against him. Not his fault. You're better off sticking to the "Geno and Final Fantasy characters come first" argument.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
And if S-E gets a "rep" it will probly be a Choocabo or that guy from FFCC:wii and not all these other more "deserving" characters you all seem to think are more likely. (Geno (IDK why people like that thing), Cloud, Trigger dude or w/e. . .)
"Trigger dude"?

I hoe you mean Crono, Square Enix's best rep.

Sora, on the other hand, is Disney's best rep.

Black/Light

Smash Master
"Trigger dude"?

I hoe you mean Crono, Square Enix's best rep.

Sora, on the other hand, is Disney's best rep.
Yea, I mean't "Crono".

And no, he aint their "best rep". FF is their most well known series and Choocobo/ Black Mage/ Moogle are all staples for said series (Choocobo actually has it's own games so thats one reason I think it's more likely than the other 2).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yea, I mean't "Crono".

And no, he aint their "best rep". FF is their most well known series and Choocobo/ Black Mage/ Moogle are all staples for said series (Choocobo actually has it's own games so thats one reason I think it's more likely than the other 2).
I have to say...those aren't the best reps...

...I also say the only reason Black Mage is popular is because of stupid sprite comics

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Sora has to at least on one title for any of the Nintendo systems to be on brawl

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sora has to at least on one title for any of the Nintendo systems to be on brawl
By all technicallity he is...

I don't think that game was good enough to count him though...

If anything he's important to Sony's history more than Nintendo

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
If sora were to make it, I wouldn't have been surprised.
everyone knows how long it took brawl to make.

i don't know about you, but if there's going to be another in the series after brawl, it's going to take a real long time. so any inclusion of character's doesn't seem so wrong to me. i'm not really against or for any character. i'm just waiting to have a massive list.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Yea, I mean't "Crono".
Good.

Best does not always mean most likely. I love the idea Moogle in Brawl, but Crono Trigger is Square Enix's best game. Yes, even better than Final Fantasy VII and Kingdom Hearts (That's right fanboys, I went there).

Sneaky 2.0

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2724-1598-9725
Well Sora could make a good fighter, but then there's Disney to talk to.

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
Disney is known for cartoons, not videogames.

And Kingdom Hearts, as amazing as the series is, was made to showcase Square and Disney characters interacting. Anybody who loves the games, let me ask you this, did you buy it because you were so excited to play that boy with the baggy pants and clown shoes? or were you wondering why the hell Cloud was hanging out with Hades? Mixing up two giant franchises was what that game was all about. and while Sora stands out on his own, thats still what Kingdom Hearts was made to do. You bring in Sora, then you're going to be expected to bring in Mickey or Cloud, and considering Mickey is a cartoon first and a videogame second, that won't happen. and Cloud will most likely be in this new FF fighting game, I honestly do not expect Sora to show up at all. Because whether you Sora guys want to admit it or not, the majority of gamers as a whole would much prefer Cloud, and I dont see Square lending him out, seeing as that just may take away from the glamor of this new PSP game coming out.

And yes, I'm sorry, but by gaming credibility, hell out of sheer popularity, there are a bunch of Square Enix characters much more deserving than Sora.

Don't get me wrong, I love Sora and I love Kingdom Hearts, I bought every game the day it came out and I'll buy every other KH game the day it comes out. But the chances, when you sit down and put your personal prefences aside, are not good.

But what the hell, like I've said plenty, we won't know for sure till December. I wouldn't mind Sora at all, I would mind if he shows up before Cloud though.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

And Kingdom Hearts, as amazing as the series is, was made to showcase Square and Disney characters interacting. Anybody who loves the games, let me ask you this, did you buy it because you were so excited to play that boy with the baggy pants and clown shoes? or were you wondering why the hell Cloud was hanging out with Hades? Mixing up two giant franchises was what that game was all about. and while Sora stands out on his own, thats still what Kingdom Hearts was made to do. You bring in Sora, then you're going to be expected to bring in Mickey or Cloud, and considering Mickey is a cartoon first and a videogame second, that won't happen. and Cloud will most likely be in this new FF fighting game, I honestly do not expect Sora to show up at all. Because whether you Sora guys want to admit it or not, the majority of gamers as a whole would much prefer Cloud, and I dont see Square lending him out, seeing as that just may take away from the glamor of this new PSP game coming out.

And yes, I'm sorry, but by gaming credibility, hell out of sheer popularity, there are a bunch of Square Enix characters much more deserving than Sora.

Don't get me wrong, I love Sora and I love Kingdom Hearts, I bought every game the day it came out and I'll buy every other KH game the day it comes out. But the chances, when you sit down and put your personal prefences aside, are not good.

But what the hell, like I've said plenty, we won't know for sure till December. I wouldn't mind Sora at all, I would mind if he shows up before Cloud though.
Cloud!?! Hell no to Cloud

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I know there are plenty of Cloud-haters out there. but is anyone seriously expecting Sora before Cloud? hell I'd be surprised if anything shows up from Square Enix

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hey, I know there are plenty of Cloud-haters out there. but is anyone seriously expecting Sora before Cloud? hell I'd be surprised if anything shows up from Square Enix
I expect neither since they both aren't important to nintendo

Sinn

Smash Lord
I think the character in my avatar has a better chance of showing up than Cloud. Or Sora, actually. But I would have to say Sora before Cloud, even though I like Cloud better than Sora. Was Cloud even IN Chain of Memories...? If not...then there's NO game with him at all on a Nintendo system, is there?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
True. But Disney makes video games through Disney Interactive, and Sora is a video game character, first and foremost.

And Kingdom Hearts, as amazing as the series is, was made to showcase Square and Disney characters interacting.
This is also true. The original characters are still fantastic.

Anybody who loves the games, let me ask you this, did you buy it because you were so excited to play that boy with the baggy pants and clown shoes? or were you wondering why the hell Cloud was hanging out with Hades?
Neither, really. I saw the commercial on TV and the song was honestly what drew me to it most of all. But I quickly grew a fondness for Sora, Riku, and Kairi. They're honestly what I love most about the game. Had they just made a Disney game with a bunch of FF characters in it, I wouldn't have liked the game nearly as much.

Mixing up two giant franchises was what that game was all about. and while Sora stands out on his own, thats still what Kingdom Hearts was made to do.
This, like many things you say, is true. But I don't see your point.

You bring in Sora, then you're going to be expected to bring in Mickey or Cloud
No. . . you wouldn't be. o_O That's like expecting Amy Rose to be playable just because Sonic is (not saying he is).

. . . and considering Mickey is a cartoon first and a videogame second, that won't happen.
I agree (as much as I love The King). But this is about Sora, not Mickey. Leave the mouse out of this.

and Cloud will most likely be in this new FF fighting game, I honestly do not expect Sora to show up at all.
I'm not understanding how Cloud affects Sora AT ALL. :dizzy:

Because whether you Sora guys want to admit it or not, the majority of gamers as a whole would much prefer Cloud
This cannot be denied, but Cloud is hardly even an option anyway, being as the only game he appeared in that was on a nintendo console was the same one Sora appeared in. And he's literally just a cameo in the form of a card. Cloud may be more of a fan favorite, but Sora's the one between the two that actually has better odds of being in, believe it or not.

and I dont see Square lending him out, seeing as that just may take away from the glamor of this new PSP game coming out.
I agree. But the point you're trying to make is dead anyway.

But of those characters, far fewer are actually eligible for Brawl. Though yes, I imagine Black Mage or someone of the like has decent odds. Better than Sora's, I'd wager.

Agreed on all accounts. But one can dream. I don't expect Sora for Brawl, but I'll always support him.

I'd much prefer Sora before. . . well, actually just about any character. But I certainly wouldn't mind Cloud either. I'll just wait for December and be thrilled with Brawl no matter what happens.

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
All I was getting at with that long rant is that Disney may make videogames, but you let a character of theirs in and then that's just the same as letting Spider-Man in brawl because he's in videogames as well.

I know Sora is a videogame only character, the point I'm trying to make is simply this, for the sake of argument, Square has a character in the game, I don't see Sora of all characters representing the company. Cloud is just an example, I can throw out many different characters. You know what, hell, lets say Disney can put a character in the game, who would represent that company? Mickey Mouse. If both companies got characters in the game, then sure, maybe Sora, but I simply don't see Disney being represnted in any way in Smash brothers, again you can say Sora, but his clothes alone have Disney designs on it. Sora represents both Square and Disney, and since I'm going to assume Disney won't be a part of this, I don't see Sora. And we've both already agreed that if Square was going to be represented in the game, Sora simply wouldn't be the first choice. But again, as we both have said, who the hell knows, we'll love the game no matter what.

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
yeah, black mage would be cool. with that amaaazing looking psp game square's making, we probably won't see anything from square though. i know a lot of people would hate to see cloud in the game, and im sure as hell he wouldnt show up, just the idea of him and link duking it out would be amazing. of course the idea of playing samus and kicking the crap out of master chief would be amazing...and donkey kong vs pacman...and of course, sonic and mario.

wow. if they had a game where all that was possible, i'd probably never play any other game ever again in my life. i'd have to kill myself if i ever stopped playing, because i would be jaded to everything else i ever experienced in life... sigh...

yeah that had nothing to do with sora. sorry.

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . . .Im not going to quote or reply to any long a** post but alot of you all seem to look over the fact that Sora is owned by DISNEY. There for it doesn't matter if Cloud is more "loved" or if Chocobo/ Moogle/ Black Mage are well known to the FF series. They in no way overshadow Sora as a S-E pick because DISNEY owns him, not S-E.

(And that whole "putting Sora in would be like putting Spider-Man in brawl because he has video games" is BS. That would be a direct NO because he started out in comics. Sora started out in video games and is very much the only REAL video game character Disney could get into brawl seeing as the Mouse was a cartoon first)

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
My friends mostly KH fans, (sort of) so I've watched them kick sephiroth's leather butt a lot. sora could actually be a gliding character, but rather light seeing as his frame could never take the abuse of an Italian plumber or a Bounty-hunting racer. the keyblade could add something, but over megaman or sonic for a 3rd party slot i say no. but if he gets squeezed in it wouldn't make me not want to buy the game.

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
so many people want geno.... he is 3rd party but the "slogan" for smash is Nintendo's MASCOTS fight it out, not Nintendo's Obscure 1-game characters with ONE CAMEO in another game, fight it out. geno actually does something in one game. if it's mario's first RPG that makes no difference, one game characters shouldn't be in. if Pit happens to be a one game character, as well as G&W, they are the Retro characters. Geno has no reason to be in Brawl, unless Brawl turns out to be a DBZ game with so many obscure characters it isn't funny, but I'm doubtful enough and confident enough that Nintendo will only include Main/Supporting characters who appear in more than one game. putting geno in is like putting Koops, Flurrie, or the admiral bomb guy from paper mario.

EDIT: sorry for double post i posted on this thread like 5 hours ago

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
Sora isn't exactly a major asset to Nintendo no or before like Snake, Megaman, and Sonic (in a different way). I don't see him as deserving to get as other Square character like Geno or Black Mage. (sorry if this has been said before)

But still, KHand and it's sequels are some awesome games. :grin:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
so many people want geno.... he is 3rd party but the "slogan" for smash is Nintendo's MASCOTS fight it out, not Nintendo's Obscure 1-game characters with ONE CAMEO in another game, fight it out. geno actually does something in one game. if it's mario's first RPG that makes no difference, one game characters shouldn't be in. if Pit happens to be a one game character, as well as G&W, they are the Retro characters. Geno has no reason to be in Brawl, unless Brawl turns out to be a DBZ game with so many obscure characters it isn't funny, but I'm doubtful enough and confident enough that Nintendo will only include Main/Supporting characters who appear in more than one game. putting geno in is like putting Koops, Flurrie, or the admiral bomb guy from paper mario.

EDIT: sorry for double post i posted on this thread like 5 hours ago
No...it's not...

have you played Mario RPG??? It's nothing like paper mario and comparing Geno to ANY of those worthless characters is like comparing Bowser to a Koopa trooper...

Geno has Plenty reason to be in Brawl...Educate yourself in the Geno thread

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I'm sort of confused... FF characters have begun appearing in Nintendo Sports games... Why not Sora in Brawl?

• The Kingdom Hearts fan-base will become interested in Brawl.
  • Square's characters have been popping up in Nintendo Franchise games.
  • KH:3 is due to be released in the near future. This would help promote it.
  • His design and moveset fit into the game very well.

There is NO Square character that has a better chance before Sora. Apart from the original FF character job classes which were recently redesigned for "Mario 3on3" for the DS none other then Sora has a shot of making it into Brawl.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm sort of confused... FF characters have begun appearing in Nintendo Sports games... Why not Sora in Brawl?

There is NO Square character that has a better chance before Sora. Apart from the original FF character job classes which were recently redesigned for "Mario 3on3" for the DS none other then Sora has a shot of making it into Brawl.
I think Geno does...

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero

A Mario game with squenix characters does not guarantee Disney characters.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Sora's owned by Square... Disney has no ownership that I'm aware of on Sora. In fact that Manga credits Sora's character only to SquareEnix.

And never did I say guarantee. I'm targeting those who think characters such as Cloud will make it rather then Sora.

As for Geno, I honestly forgot his ownership was with Square.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom