• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sora: A new perspective on why he might make it

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
sakurai also seemed to express a lot more intrest in diddy & dixie as a team, than he did solo diddy, but look where that went :p

smash lord FTW!
Ok....

But he had more of an interest in Diddy solo...

He still has more interest in Geno and he's most popular for third party rep with a massive following in Japan and the U.S.A.

I think everyone on Sakurai's pole that received the same amount of mentions as him are already in as well...Geno is inevitable

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Ok....

But he had more of an interest in Diddy solo...

He still has more interest in Geno and he's most popular for third party rep with a massive following in Japan and the U.S.A.

I think everyone on Sakurai's pole that received the same amount of mentions as him are already in as well...Geno is inevitable
Even over Sonic? O_O

Sinn

Smash Lord
Terra had a cameo in Secret of Evermore? Where was that? I remember Cecil's though...

My issue with including a different FF character has never been that I don't want to see one, but rather...how would they choose which FF character is most suited to represent FF and Nintendo together? Every FF game has been released on multiple companies' consoles...FFIV came first, but FFVI was considered by some (myself included) to be a better game overall. I wouldn't know how to pick...

@ tirkaro: if he was interested in a Diddy & Dixie combo character and gave Diddy his own spot, maybe it's because...he wanted Dixie to have her own spot too >.> <.< >.> <.<

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
sora would be soooo good. i could see him being reall float slow faller. Then dive in with the key blade an combo. An i know one of his moves has to be Ragnoarak, shoot he can do that one where he throws the key an has it bounce back an forth. But yeah basicly he needs to get in.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I still think that Chocobo/ Moogle/ Black Mage are the 3 top choices for a FF character. . . .Or FF:CC wii guy (it's a FF series that is ONLY on Nintendo.)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I highly doubt anyone from FF will be in Brawl...

If they are I hope to hell it's not generic like a moogle/chocobo/Black mage

Black/Light

Smash Master
I highly doubt anyone from FF will be in Brawl...

If they are I hope to hell it's not generic like a moogle/chocobo/Black mage
I highly doubt S-E would waste their rep spot on a side character from one Mario game they made like 10 years ago:ohwell:.

LOL:p

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I highly doubt S-E would waste their rep spot on a side character from one Mario game they made like 10 years ago:ohwell:.

LOL:p
Square-Enix isn't making the game...and Sakurai isn't going to ask them for ANY rep

Black/Light

Smash Master
Square-Enix isn't making the game...and Sakurai isn't going to ask them for ANY rep
So what if S-E aint making the game? They OWN Geno. . . it's their character. And according to Miyamoto they actually want 3rd parties to ASK them to put in w/e character, as in come to them with choices.

(And Geno aint getting in if Sakurai doesn't ask for S-E to fork him over. . .he aint one of their top characters and they probly don't care about him)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So what if S-E aint making the game? They OWN Geno. . . it's their character. And according to Miyamoto they actually want 3rd parties to ASK them to put in w/e character, as in come to them with choices.

(And Geno aint getting in if Sakurai doesn't ask for S-E to fork him over. . .he aint one of their top characters and they probly don't care about him)
Did you not read up on how popular Geno is and how Sakurai is REALLY interested in him...

of course Sakurai is going to ask for him...

Black Mage/ Moogle/ Chocobo (WTF...?) Aren't mentioned anywhere

Black/Light

Smash Master
Did you not read up on how popular Geno is and how Sakurai is REALLY interested in him...

of course Sakurai is going to ask for him...

Black Mage/ Moogle/ Chocobo (WTF...?) Aren't mentioned anywhere
How popular IS Geno? IDK one person who knows that **** thing. . . and unless you are a Mario RPG fan you most likely aint played that one game.

And from what I remember Sakurai didn't even know WTH Geno was before he was suggested in someone's suggestion that kept changing between Toad and Geno. All he said was that it reminded him of Phonocio (sp) and reminded him of his childhood because of that. Show me where he said he "REALLY" likes Geno?

(And fyi, you just said "Sakurai isn't going to ask them for ANY rep". Make up your mind please. . . And Chocobo ws on the Melee polls http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=81891&highlight=melee+poll+1999 )

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How popular IS Geno? IDK one person who knows that **** thing. . . and unless you are a Mario RPG fan you most likely aint played that one game.

And from what I remember Sakurai didn't even know WTH Geno was before he was suggested in someone's suggestion that kept changing between Toad and Geno. All he said was that it reminded him of Phonocio (sp) and reminded him of his childhood because of that. Show me where he said he "REALLY" likes Geno?

(And fyi, you just said "Sakurai isn't going to ask them for ANY rep". Make up your mind please. . . )
ANY as in the statement, "Yo Square, can I have a rep...just any rep you pick..." I mean he's going to pick one personally most likely...

Japan and U.S.A. has a MASSIVE Geno fan base...

I can't show you because I don't have the links...ask in the Geno thread or something...all I can point you too is that he has the same amount of mentions on Sakurai's poll as every character that has gotten in as a newcomer so far.

...I really didn't know there were people that have never even heard of Mario RPG that played on Nintendo systems...that's friggin weird...

Black/Light

Smash Master
ANY as in the statement, "Yo Square, can I have a rep...just any rep you pick..." I mean he's going to pick one personally most likely...
What do you base this assumption on? Snake wasn't some "Hey guys, can we use him for smash" character and we have no clue as to how the 3rd party characters are being picked.

Japan and U.S.A. has a MASSIVE Geno fan base...
Smash fanbase? Maybe on the web. . . but that aint enuff from the looks of it.:ohwell: He openly stated that.

I can't show you because I don't have the links...ask in the Geno thread or something...all I can point you too is that he has the same amount of mentions on Sakurai's poll as every character that has gotten in as a newcomer so far.
That polls not really good for "proving" much.

...I really didn't know there were people that have never even heard of Mario RPG that played on Nintendo systems...that's friggin weird...
Yeah, not playing one of the 100s of mario games that came out 10 years ago is REALLY weird. . .

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What do you base this assumption on? Snake wasn't some "Hey guys, can we use him for smash" character and we have no clue as to how the 3rd party characters are being picked.

Smash fanbase? Maybe on the web. . . but that aint enuff from the looks of it.:ohwell: He openly stated that.

That polls not really good for "proving" much.

Yeah, not playing one of the 100s of mario games that came out 10 years ago is REALLY weird. . .
Time is not a factor for Smash characters...proven time and again...And what proof do you have of any characters you said?

Crono has a much better chance than them and Geno more than that.

Black Mage is only popular BECAUSE of internet crap like web comics and such...

Black/Light

Smash Master
Time is not a factor for Smash characters...proven time and again...And what proof do you have of any characters you said?

Crono has a much better chance than them and Geno more than that.

Black Mage is only popular BECAUSE of internet crap like web comics and such...
. . . .Who said anything about time being a facture? (But time is ALWAYS a facture)

And heres if my "proof" that Chocobo was on the melee polls
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=81891&highlight=melee+poll+1999

And how the hell do you just "KNOW" that Geno and Crono have a "higher chance" than those 3? I mean, come one. They are the staples to the series of FF which is S-E's top series. . . either one of them could "rep" FF. Hell, Chocobo even has it's own games and what nots. . .

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
. . . .Who said anything about time being a facture? (But time is ALWAYS a facture)

And heres if my "proof" that Chocobo was on the melee polls
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=81891&highlight=melee+poll+1999

And how the hell do you just "KNOW" that Geno and Crono have a "higher chance" than those 3? I mean, come one. They are the staples to the series of FF which is S-E's top series. . . either one of them could "rep" FF. Hell, Chocobo even has it's own games and what nots. . .
You just said the poll doesn't mean they will be a PC...

...and anyway Chocobo didn't get that many mentions.

I'm basing it off known information...which doesn't mean he will, but it's more evidence than you have for any of those 3.

Number of games is not a factor either BTW

Black/Light

Smash Master
You just said the poll doesn't mean they will be a PC... (I know, I using your who lil string of "proof" to show that "one of the 3 characters I said was ACTUALLY in the same position as Geno")

...and anyway Chocobo didn't get that many mentions. ( How the hell do you know this? He didn't talk about them like the Brawl suggestion list)

I'm basing it off known information...which doesn't mean he will, but it's more evidence than you have for any of those 3. (What "evidence"? What, he was on the polls? You haven't proved that Sakurai "really likes" Geno nor have you shown anything other than the statments you sooo boldly state)

Number of games is not a factor either BTW (How do you know this appeals to 3rd party characters? Sure, one game is enuff to get a 3rd party character in. . . but was Geno the main character of the game? Would S-E want their WHOLE comp repped by a side character from ONE MARIO game when Mario is the most repped series in smash? Would Nintendo want to pay S-E to have a character that is only known amoung the select people who played one singal Mario game not made by them? Is there any thing either party gets out of such a deal? )
:p Hah . . .

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
:p Hah . . .
You didn't disprove anything I just said...

And if you look at the Sakurai's poll section is says how many mentions they got.

and that little bit of evidence is still more than you have

Do you really think a chocobo could be a character??? BTW, Chocobo had the same amount of mentions as LINK'S UNCLE..

If Geno's fanbase is massive enough to overwhelm the fact that he's only been in two games, one as a cameo, then I think that alone makes him worthy enough for Brawl

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Where are you guys getting this stuff about what Mr. Sakurai said about Geno? He posted four letters that mention Geno on the preview site. That's it. That thing with Toad and Pinocchio was because the sender mixed up the characters in Toad's Japanese name (Kinopio).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Where are you guys getting this stuff about what Mr. Sakurai said about Geno? He posted four letters that mention Geno on the preview site. That's it. That thing with Toad and Pinocchio was because the sender mixed up the characters in Toad's Japanese name (Kinopio).
Because NO ONE has any proof that ANY character will be in Brawl

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
in that case, how would that make geno the "most likely" square rep, like you keep on saying?
Because he has 4 mentions in Sakurai's poll and was talked about by Sakurai...

I think everyone else who got at least 4 mentions in the poll are already announced playable characters

(Except Ridley and Dedede but tell their fans they won't be in...)

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Because he has 4 mentions in Sakurai's poll and was talked about by Sakurai...

I think everyone else who got at least 4 mentions in the poll are already announced playable characters
being on the poll doesn't exactly guarantee a playable spot. ike and diddy got in because he they were pretty much a given, and are widely known characters. geno, however, has a small fanbase, and not many people know him. so is sakurai really willing to choose geno over a more well-known character just because 4 japanese kids said so?

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Because NO ONE has any proof that ANY character will be in Brawl
...and what does this have to do with what I said?

Because he....was talked about by Sakurai...
What is the source for this statement?

I'm asking what the source for this statement is.

(Except Ridley and Dedede but tell their fans they won't be in...)
Yes, every character that got four votes has been revealed to be playable except the ones that haven't.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

...and what does this have to do with what I said?

What is the source for this statement?

Yes, every character that got four votes has been revealed to be playable except the ones that haven't.
and the few that haven't are also the most likely to get in...unless you want to start a war against R.I.D.L.E.Y...?

and for the source of that statement...no I don't have it...But I mean c'mon...even the person I was arguing with has read it...Go to the Geno thread and FIND it yourself.

It has to do with what you said because everyone has to argue about something using no real evidence but at least something

Devastlian

Smash Lord
and the few that haven't are also the most likely to get in...unless you want to start a war against R.I.D.L.E.Y...?
Not really...I believe Ridley and King Dedede have pretty good chances. 3rd party characters are a lot more complicated.

and for the source of that statement...no I don't have it...But I mean c'mon...even the person I was arguing with has read it...Go to the Geno thread and FIND it yourself.
I did find it and it was in SamuraiPanda's thread. It doesn't mention Geno.

It has to do with what you said because everyone has to argue about something using no real evidence but at least something
...what?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Not really...I believe Ridley and King Dedede have pretty good chances. 3rd party characters are a lot more complicated.

I did find it and it was in SamuraiPanda's thread. It doesn't mention Geno.

...what?
3rd party character may be a lot more complicated but I highly doubt a Chocobo could be a good character...of course someone could come and make his own moveset...Moogles I don't think will be characters most definetly. As for Black Mage, he was only made popular because of web comics and online...things. And those characters are the ones the person was arguing for

Sakurai talked about how Geno reminded him about his childhood and the stories of pinocchio and mentioned him a couple times in a Japanese article.

that third statement was answering your first question.

hungrybum

Smash Journeyman
I hate Sora and consider him the most hate able character ever... if we add Sora why not Donald Duck or Goofy..... NO!

Tony_

Smash Ace
Sora for Brawl is giving to weeabos all over who want him in when it won 't happen.

Also, Sora is Sony only. He deserves NO place in Brawl at all. If you going to put Sora in, lets just name it, SUPER SMASH ALL STARS.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
He didn't say that dude.

I think Sora would be awesome for Brawl. I love the idea.
yeah but apparantly that what it sound liked ..

I dont have a problem with Sora being in the game.....but the thing is....I cannot picture any moves for him xcept his FS which would be Trinity....

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Sora for Brawl is giving to weeabos all over who want him in when it won 't happen.

Also, Sora is Sony only. He deserves NO place in Brawl at all. If you going to put Sora in, lets just name it, SUPER SMASH ALL STARS.
No Sora also appeared on the GBA...Kingdom Hearts: Chain Of Memories
EDIT: and Sora is not owned by Sony in any way......

B01001101ownz

Smash Apprentice

Sora is owned by Disney, not Sony. He does deserve a place in Brawl because he fits in very nicely, plus, thanks to Kingdom Hearts II, his moves could be easy to find

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom