• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sora: A new perspective on why he might make it

Status
Not open for further replies.

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
In a place where the grass is green and the girls
I'm sort of confused... FF characters have begun appearing in Nintendo Sports games... Why not Sora in Brawl?

• The Kingdom Hearts fan-base will become interested in Brawl.
  • Square's characters have been popping up in Nintendo Franchise games.
  • KH:3 is due to be released in the near future. This would help promote it.
  • His design and moveset fit into the game very well.

There is NO Square character that has a better chance before Sora. Apart from the original FF character job classes which were recently redesigned for "Mario 3on3" for the DS none other then Sora has a shot of making it into Brawl.
There are 2 problems with your theory and post.

1: Correct me if I am wrong, but so far the only Nintendo Sports Game any Square characters have been in was Hoops 3on3.

2: Of course there are Square characters (or character) with a higher chance than Sora.. Geno. Do some research before even saying that.

edit: Sorry, got a late post, so I just found out you forgot about Geno. Disregard the 2nd part of this post, then.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Again sorry. I already addressed Geno. After all this time I've come to accept him as an actual Nintendo character. >_<

And specialsauce, keep in mind the demographics allowed in this community and the ToS you agreed to when signing up.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
...Yes...

...but, I never insulted anyone...

...?
Well, no, but just in general. Only my first sentence of that post was really directed toward you. Sorry for the confusion.

EDIT: So, about Sora. I recently (like, just now) thought about something regarding his ownership. If Sora were (entirely) owned by Disney, would Square-Enix be able to sell KH apparel, figurines, and accessories on their online store? Because they do:

http://www.square-enix-shop.com/usa/index.cfm (the shirts and such are only on the japanese site, which I don't happen to have on me at the moment)

Building off that, I've been to the Disney Store a number of times, but I've yet to see a single KH-related item (though I do find TNBC stuff there. . .).

Just a thought. I don't think Disney holds quite as much power over Sora as people suggest.

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
In a place where the grass is green and the girls
Ok, forgive and forget my previous post. It was not intentional and was meant to be taken as a joke.

Anyways, NRTC, you may be on to something. All I know is, Sora's chances are very unlikely. In fact, he won't be in it. Some people think he will just because he had a game in the GBA. But that's my opinion. We could have 3rd party characters, but if there will be a Square one, I pray to God it's Geno.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Again I'll bring up the fact that Sora belongs ONLY to SE. The manga and rights to the the film/OVA was signed away by SE.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Again I'll bring up the fact that Sora belongs ONLY to SE. The manga and rights to the the film/OVA was signed away by SE.
I'll trust you.

I've just always been wary of the ownership issue because back when KH first came out, I read an article about it in some gamer magazine. It made a point of saying something to the effect of "Sora and the gang are now officially a part of the Disney universe". I took that rather literally. That's only been reinforced since then due to so many people talking about Disney basically screwing SE out of most of the rights to the KH franchise in general as a trade off for the inclusion of their characters.

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
I'll trust you.

I've just always been wary of the ownership issue because back when KH first came out, I read an article about it in some gamer magazine. It made a point of saying something to the effect of "Sora and the gang are now officially a part of the Disney universe". I took that rather literally. That's only been reinforced since then due to so many people talking about Disney basically screwing SE out of most of the rights to the KH franchise in general as a trade off for the inclusion of their characters.
That sucks. You know...since Brawl is a fighting game, it makes me remember think...doesn't Disney pretty much dislike their characters in fighting games?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That sucks. You know...since Brawl is a fighting game, it makes me remember think...doesn't Disney pretty much dislike their characters in fighting games?
Don't see why not when they have characters in other violent games...

...But when ever is a Disney character going to seriously BE in a fighting game???

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
Don't see why not when they have characters in other violent games...

...But when ever is a Disney character going to seriously BE in a fighting game???
I must be thinking of the old Disney :laugh: I doubt a Disney character would ever be in a fighting game!

EDIT:HOLY CRAP POST #200!

Devastlian

Smash Lord
The back of the game boxes, on the cover of the manga, and the images on the Square-Enix store all say Copyright Disney. Everything pertaining to Kingdom Hearts except the Final Fantasy characters, the Tarzan stuff, and the TNBC stuff is all copyright Disney as said on the back of the box and on the website as well as when you boot up the game.

SE can sell KH merchandise if they have permission or it's part of their agreement they made.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The back of the game boxes, on the cover of the manga, and the images on the Square-Enix store all say Copyright Disney. Everything pertaining to Kingdom Hearts except the Final Fantasy characters, the Tarzan stuff, and the TNBC stuff is all copyright Disney as said on the back of the box and on the website.

SE can sell KH merchandise if they have permission or it's part of their agreement they made.
They were discussing who SORA belongs to though

Devastlian

Smash Lord
They were discussing who SORA belongs to though
Which I covered:

The back of the game boxes, on the cover of the manga, and the images on the Square-Enix store all say Copyright Disney. Everything pertaining to Kingdom Hearts except the Final Fantasy characters, the Tarzan stuff, and the TNBC stuff is all copyright Disney as said on the back of the box and on the website as well as when you boot up the game.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Not over Geno for Square rep....he may have a chance IF he is truly Disney rep...but again, not over Geno (For 3rd Party rep)

tirkaro

Smash Champion
So Sora's not going to be in Brawl? I think it would be sweet if he was.
I still personally think it's unlikely, since a SE rep would most likely be from final fantasy (screw that geno crap), knowing square.
still, if he does happen to get in brawl, he better have neku attire for an alt costume.

cuz its just badarse like that :grin:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I still personally think it's unlikely, since a SE rep would most likely be from final fantasy (screw that geno crap), knowing square.
still, if he does happen to get in brawl, he better have neku attire for an alt costume.

cuz its just badarse like that :grin:
Just cause you don't like Geno does not change the fact he is the most likely from Square

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Just cause you don't like Geno does not change the fact he is the most likely from Square
even though I cant actually predict anything for sure, having geno as a square rep would be a huge waste in my opinion. square has a huge history of thier own video games. but choosing a side character from a mario game. would be a giant waste. this is not a mario fighting game. what makes geno so special? I dont even think he should get in as a first party character. he's less deserving than walugi and petey pirahna, since they at least appeared in more games. and the fact that we're going to waste a 3rd party slot on him, despite square's rich history, just amplifies the stupidity tenfold.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
even though I cant actually predict anything for sure, having geno as a square rep would be a huge waste in my opinion. square has a huge history of thier own video games. but choosing a side character from a mario game. would be a giant waste. this is not a mario fighting game. what makes geno so special? I dont even think he should get in as a first party character. he's less deserving than walugi and petey pirahna, since they at least appeared in more games. and the fact that we're going to waste a 3rd party slot on him, despite square's rich history, just amplifies the stupidity tenfold.
Mario RPG has had plenty of influence on games since and has spawned the entire Paper Mario series.

We don't need ANOTHER FF Fighting character, they already have their own fighting game...

If anything, Crono would be a choice to pick from.

...and he's definetly NOT a side character and comparing him to Waluigi is VERY ignorant.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
You said it yourself, they have had a bad relationship. Putting FF characters in Brawl is like getting married right after getting over a big fight (example: cheating) or something like that.
I thought it was only Sony and Square who had the bad relationship?????????

any way....I have no problem on Sora Being in Brawl....but tell me...what can he do for special attacks.....

the only thing I can think of is his Trinity Limit and that would be used as an FS.....

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

any way....I have no problem on Sora Being in Bawl....but tell me...what can he do for special attacks.....

the only thing I can think of is his Trinity Limit and that would be used as an FS.....
...No

Why do you think Square had FF 7-12 on Sony?

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Mario RPG has had plenty of influence on games since and has spawned the entire Paper Mario series.
thats nice. but it doesn't mean geno is as deserving as most people make him out to be. a side character from one game is still a side character from one game.

We don't need ANOTHER FF Fighting character, they already have their own fighting game...
FF is still square's most famous franchise, and would be the most logical choice for a rep. as for geno, he didn't even get into square's mario basketball game. A MARIO BASKETBALL GAME. so what makes him worthy to get into such an important game like SSBB over much more over the more influencial and noteworthy FF characters?

...and he's definetly NOT a side character and comparing him to Waluigi is VERY ignorant.
any character who isn't the main character is still a side character to me. now if only we could get the main character from SMRPG in brawl..............oh, wait.....

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
...No

Why do you think Square had FF 7-12 on Sony?
IDK im just saying....I rember reading one of my magazines and there was interview with the Head guy of Square (Forgot his name) about his thought of PS3 (did NOT like it at all)....and he also stated he did not like the with one of the Head guys fro Sony....I cant remember actual words..... but I do rember reading it....beside what happened between Nintendo and Square????

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
IDK im just saying....I rember reading one of my magazines and there was interview with the Head guy of Square (Forgot his name) about his thought of PS3 (did NOT like it at all)....and he also stated he did not like the with one of the Head guys fro Sony....I cant remember actual words..... but I do rember reading it....beside what happened between Nintendo and Square????
Playstation was more powerful graphic-wise, thus they abandoned their ideas for N64 and switched to Playstation.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
thats nice. but it doesn't mean geno is as deserving as most people make him out to be. a side character from one game is still a side character from one game.

FF is still square's most famous franchise, and would be the most logical choice for a rep. as for geno, he didn't even get into square's mario basketball game. A MARIO BASKETBALL GAME. so what makes him worthy to get into such an important game like SSBB over much more over the more influencial and noteworthy FF characters?

any character who isn't the main character is still a side character to me. now if only we could get the main character from SMRPG in brawl..............oh, wait.....
Brawl isn't made by Square though, it's made by Nintendo and Sakurai....Most likely Sakurai won't go to Square asking for ANY rep he'll specifically ask for Geno

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Brawl isn't made by Square though, it's made by Nintendo and Sakurai....Most likely Sakurai won't go to Square asking for ANY rep he'll specifically ask for Geno
if thats true, then the real question is, will he choose geno OVER a real square character? sakurai said himself that he wanted to bring as many different franchises together as possible. just choosing a character from one game which is already part of an incredibly overrepped franchise, over a character from an entirely new franchise would be, well, pretty darn stupid IMO. and, once again, it being 3rd party just amplifies it tenfold.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
if thats true, then the real question is, will he choose geno OVER a real square character? sakurai said himself that he wanted to bring as many different franchises together as possible. just choosing a character from one game which is already part of an incredibly overrepped franchise, over a character from an entirely new franchise would be, well, pretty darn stupid IMO.
Well...In the least Sakurai has stated he likes Geno....and the Japanese like Geno...

If the one asking likes the character, I think he would

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I'm gonna agree with tirkaro on the whole Geno thing. I'd much rather have Cecil, Terra, or even Crono in SSBB over him.

I don't think D:FF should affect if characters get in SSBB since it's a whole different market (IE the portable one) and they're completely different games (D:FF is a 3D action game where you play as different FF characters...there's not even any mention of multiplayer). If the third parties make money on every copy of SSBB sold, then SSBB, running on SSBM and the Wii's popularity, could possibly match the money they'd make on D:FF especially since they might not even have to do any work.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Again, the odds are in Geno's favor...

and that only in one game thing...so were ALL the characters suitable FROM Square....

except Geno appeared as a cameo as well

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Mr. Sakurai never said he liked Geno.

Cecil's game has been rereleased twice on Nintendo's systems and is being remade. Terra's game has been rereleased once and is almost for sure being remade as well. Cecil and Terra also make cameos in Secret of Evermore. Final Fantasy IV was also placed the highest of the Nintendo Final Fantasies on Famitsu's last 100 greatest games of all time list...if that means anything to anyone.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mr. Sakurai never said he liked Geno.

Cecil's game has been rereleased twice on Nintendo's systems and is being remade. Terra's game has been rereleased once and is almost for sure being remade as well. Cecil and Terra also make cameos in Secret of Evermore. Final Fantasy IV was also placed the highest of the Nintendo Final Fantasies on Famitsu's last 100 greatest games of all time list...if that means anything to anyone.
He said he was really interested in Geno...and releashing the same game twice doesn't mean he was in two games....Mario RPG is being released on the Wii for that one thing...

Edit: I hope Terra is in Dissidia...Transforming to an esper to take out all enemies would be awesome!

MAtgSy

Smash Ace

any way....I have no problem on Sora Being in Brawl....but tell me...what can he do for special attacks.....

Strike Raid, Sonic Blade, Ars Arcanum, Ragnarok, Explosion, Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, Gravity, Stop, Magnet, Reflect, Aero, Summons. Take your pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom