• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic's spiking alternatives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Okay so we all know when it comes to Sonic, spikes just aren't his thing.. I mean hell the guy doesn't even have any. Yet I do see potential in ways to stop recoveries and hopefully get a low % kill, because lets face it, it's always annoys your opponent when you get to do that.

Footstall-
A very ineffective spike, yet can be useful to catch an opponent off guard, especially at high percentages due to most people would think you're going for a bair. And thanks to Sonic's speed a set up to a footstool is really pretty simple, even simple combos as just a run-jump approach would work, or you could spiff it up with a spindash.

Spring-
First thing to note is this would really only work close to the edge of the stage, and normally to cancel a up-b recovery. Yet I also see this as a decent way to stop opponents from recovering, not only that a good edge guard. Also due to the vertical distance you get off the spring it can be easier to approach an opponent closer to the bottom blastline.

Bair-
Not really spike alternative but can stage spike if used at the right timing depending on the stage, but then lets face it, Sonic's aerial killing arsenal is lacking.

That's really all I can think of as spiking alternatives, are there any others im missing, and what do you usually do in mid air while off the stage

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Holy crap, that's nice, D-throw spike and Homing attack can gimp ness's up-B. interesting. :O
Also, Up-smash can spike but very situational.
F-air can gimp/stage spike if either
A. You chain them together making it too far for them to recover?
B. They DI wrong and come out the other way hitting the stage.
Also, N-air can stagespike a little bit at the beginning.

SonicX580

Smash Lord
Good video it reminds me of my gameplay expect for the footstool jump (on Gannondorf hilarious) and that d-grab was interesting it ko'ed that usually doesn't happens...

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
If you Dthrow someone while you are at the very edge, they'kll be off the ledge when Sonic releases them.

Much like how if you grabs someone at the ledge and they start to jitter on and off the stage. Same thing. Sonic places the opponent slightly behind him after he releases them causing the bounce.

SonicX580

Smash Lord
If you Dthrow someone while you are at the very edge, they'kll be off the ledge when Sonic releases them.

Much like how if you grabs someone at the ledge and they start to jitter on and off the stage. Same thing. Sonic places the opponent slightly behind him after he releases them causing the bounce.
That's good to know but I heard that happens with High damage and I tried it close to the edge once and it didn't Ko mind explaning?

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
I can't remember on who, but I know the d-throw spike works on at least one other character if they di completely the wrong way, lol. I think it may actually be against Sonic. Yay for useless techs.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Sonic vs Sonic, left edge of smashville.

DI = down+towards edge.

Only I would do such stupid DI :[

Tenki

Smash Hero
lol

I thought he was gonna try to D-throw > DAC, so I wanted to cut the distance shorter, then I got d-throw spiked XD

memphis_chains

Smash Apprentice
yeah i haven't.

BUT, massart has the best utilities for me to use to make it. There's a nasty computer room with hooked up macs with final cut professional its like i'm freaking making a motion picture for theaters edition, with all of the best adobe programs updated daily.

i have matches, but i can't get them on my mac because my dazzle is being a gay.

i have footage of everything a sonic video should, but, john

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom