• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
Sonics moveset was okay to me but I for one want something more reminiscent of the sonic battle games or atleast mesh on some of those moves. For example this could be Sonics dair

EmeraldPhaze

Smash Cadet
Sonic is weak, slow, and his only redeeming quality is a tournament unfriendly Final Smash. He runs faster than anyone else and that's it. How does that make sense? He can't even throw out a Back-Air as fast as DK or DDD. He has no priority. I think this was just a cheap-shot at a non-Nintendo character. >.>

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
He is second to none in terms of fake outs and approach options though, which is an amazing quality to have. Just increase the amount of damage each approach could cause, and everyone will start to fear any and every approach Sonic chooses.

:phone:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I would like to present this as further "proof" :sonicbrawl: will return. If SEGA wants Sonic to be an icon of that status, Smash Bros. WiiU and 3DS is a MUST!!!

@ bubbaking
Inputting some of the Project M :sonicbrawl: into :sonicbrawl: in Smash WiiU and 3DS with Sakurai's input (he didn't work on :sonicbrawl: or :linkbrawl: in Brawl), and you got yourself an excellent Sonic.
Sonic is weak, slow, and his only redeeming quality is a tournament unfriendly Final Smash. He runs faster than anyone else and that's it. How does that make sense? He can't even throw out a Back-Air as fast as DK or DDD. He has no priority. I think this was just a cheap-shot at a non-Nintendo character. >.>
One could use that logic for other characters, namely Ness, Bowser, Zelda, Mewtwo, Roy, and Pichu. All of those characters have always been trash in smash.
Plus it's not like :sonicbrawl: couldn't be stronger. He had all kinds of original attacks, and he wasn't as weak as those characters I just mentioned.

tl;dr: Your logic makes minimal sense, doesn't add up, and doesn't have any solid proof other than a few "bad seed" sample size that all characters in Brawl have! :laugh:

EmeraldPhaze

Smash Cadet
Bowser is a beast. I don't know what you're talking about. Roy wasn't even that slow (mainly because it was Melee). Pichu was a terrible idea. Not much on Mewtwo. You don't have much to go on either other than to knock on my post, it seems.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
The Meat of Sonic is his speed. Well... his running speed. If they had more time, then they probably would have gave him more power. Not everything about him has to be speed based.

He runs fast, but he's not The Flash.

jigglover

Smash Lord
That moveset...is pretty interesting.
My uh... my thought exactly...

Sonic is slow.
slow  
adjective
moving or proceeding with little or less than usual speed or velocity: a slow train.
characterized by lack of speed: a slow pace.
taking or requiring a comparatively long time for completion: a slow meal; a slow trip.
requiring or taking a long time for growing, changing, or occurring; gradual: a plant of slow growth.
sluggish in nature, disposition, or function.

I felt I had to put the Online dictionary definition of slow on, since EmeraldPhaze doesn't seem to know what it means.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I think Tails, Shadow, or Knuckles would make it in before Amy.
Tails> Knuckles> Amy> Shadow

Tails should get the spot before the other three.

:phone:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
If Sonic comes back, this should be one of his moves. :troll:

And there shouldn't be more than one playable character per third party franchise.

xxbroken-gloryxx

Smash Rookie
Personally, I'd give Sonic a new Side-B like the boost or something and make him have more killing potential. Make his dash attack have less ending lag and tweak the homing attack just a bit and he will be fine.

EmeraldPhaze

Smash Cadet
slow  
adjective
moving or proceeding with little or less than usual speed or velocity: a slow train.
characterized by lack of speed: a slow pace.
taking or requiring a comparatively long time for completion: a slow meal; a slow trip.
requiring or taking a long time for growing, changing, or occurring; gradual: a plant of slow growth.
sluggish in nature, disposition, or function.

I felt I had to put the Online dictionary definition of slow on, since EmeraldPhaze doesn't seem to know what it means.
So you take out everything else I said and remove all context and think you're so smart?? GG

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
For music, i'd love Speed Highway, Rooftop Run and Seaside Hill from Generations (Speed Highway can be taken from SA, but Rooftop Run and Seaside Hill sound MUCH better in generations; besides, there's probably going to be a Generations for the Wii U)

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
In Sm4sh, I would love sonic's moveset to be like the one in Project M because I think he was done perfectly in that game and he was very fast which is how he should.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I think the exact opposite of Sonic's Project M moveset.
I prefer Brawl's set over it because it feels so much better. It just needs more power or speed behind it. :applejack:

SonicMario

Smash Master
I can frankly say that as long as Sonic returns. I'll be downright already happy with the roster. There's no other characters I'm really dreaming of having. I'd like Megaman to get in to see a few friends of mine happy. But otherwise I'm set as long as a majority of the Brawl characters including Sonic and some fun newcomers get into the game.

Also this time around I'd like to see more Sonic content then there was in Brawl. They did decent enough considering Sonic was put in a little late. But hopefully this time he'll be put in mind more and there will be more Sonic music and maybe even a 2nd stage. Oh and if there's a story mode. A larger role for the blue blur would be appreciated.

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I'd give Sonic a new Side-B like the boost or something and make him have more killing potential. Make his dash attack have less ending lag and tweak the homing attack just a bit and he will be fine.

New side -B move hmmmm should probably be the light -speed dash it wouldn't be like foxes shadow illusion because to initiate you need to throw a ring

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
New side -B move hmmmm should probably be the light -speed dash it wouldn't be like foxes shadow illusion because to initiate you need to throw a ring
That's his Ground Power attack from Sonic Battle.

I approve.

However, now that yo made me think of Sonic Battle, what about his Shot attack? The thing where he spins and fires off a ground-hugging shock wave (or a downward-angled one, if used in the air).

Come to think of it, in the pre-Brawl days, I imagined that Sonic's moveset would incorporate his Sonic Battle moves. Like his Heavy and Uppercut attacks as Smash attacks.

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
That's his Ground Power attack from Sonic Battle.

I approve.

However, now that yo made me think of Sonic Battle, what about his Shot attack? The thing where he spins and fires off a ground-hugging shock wave (or a downward-angled one, if used in the air).

Come to think of it, in the pre-Brawl days, I imagined that Sonic's moveset would incorporate his Sonic Battle moves. Like his Heavy and Uppercut attacks as Smash attacks.
That was my intention . Sonic's moveset should be entirely based on his battle moveset I'm not sure how they came up with sonics moveset but I've never seen sonic do a wind punch or any of his aerials .

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
I would have liked his Ground Power (the meteor bounce), but the spin attack is so iconic that, power aside, I don't want to remove it from his thing.

As for his aerials, some of them are bound to be new. I mean, the only aerial Sonic has in Battle is a downward kick, which appears to be his Down Air in Brawl, with some changes of course.

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
Sonics moveset was okay to me but I for one want something more reminiscent of the sonic battle games or atleast mesh on some of those moves. For example this could be Sonics dair
It would be awesomeif he were to have this move. not sure if sonic had a meteor smash but if he did it'd be this.

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
That was my intention . Sonic's moveset should be entirely based on his battle moveset I'm not sure how they came up with sonics moveset but I've never seen sonic do a wind punch or any of his aerials .
If I remember correctly, quite a bit of Sonic's moveset (including his wind-up punch) comes from Sonic the Fighters, which was an arcade Sonic fighting game.

D

Deleted member

Given how the Sonic Boost has become a big part of his series since Brawl, it would not surprise me to see his Side B be replaced by something on the order of it.

D

Deleted member

Actually his moveset takes inspiration from Fighting Vipers, a fighting game developed by SEGA.
Sonic the Fighters was inspired from it, though, and THAT'S where plenty of his moves come from.

phate

Smash Apprentice
It would be cool if he had some Tails in his moveset. Or Tails as a pl......I won't even say it.

DxBOY15

Smash Rookie
If sonic does make is to Smash Bros 4, he'll most likely have a different voice since Jason Griffith no longer does the voice of Sonic. It will be interesting to see how Roger Smith portrays sonic in this game.

OmegaRS

Smash Apprentice
If sonic does make is to Smash Bros 4, he'll most likely have a different voice since Jason Griffith no longer does the voice of Sonic. It will be interesting to see how Roger Smith portrays sonic in this game.
From listening to his voice for Sonic for the past 2 years, I expect nothing short of "miles better than Jason Griffith" as he's been doing for those past two years. I enjoy listening to Roger much more than I enjoyed the clown voice of Jason.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
If they have to change it I hope they use Ryan Drummond from Generations. I still prefer Griffiith but he's they only other one that sounds like Sonic to me.

OmegaRS

Smash Apprentice
If they have to change it I hope they use Ryan Drummond from Generations. I still prefer Griffiith but he's they only other one that sounds like Sonic to me.
Ryan Drummond wasn't in Generations. That was Roger Craig Smith. Ryan wasn't great either. He had the right tone of voice in Adventure 2, but his acting was terrible, and then in Heroes it sounded like he was yelling every line.

I much prefer Roger.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Any Sonic fan from the early Genesis days would pick Tails over Knuckles or Shadow. It is the later fans that want Shadow.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Any Sonic fan from the early Genesis days would pick Tails over Knuckles or Shadow. It is the later fans that want Shadow.
Thank you for dividing the fanbase.

Also Knuckles has been around since the Genesis days. You know that right?

volbound1700

Smash Master
Knuckles was the villian in Sonic 3. There were two Genesis games and about 4 Game Gear Sonic games before Knuckles. There was even two games that featured Tails alone.

Not dividing just stating. Shadow is likely the more popular character of the Sonic characters but Tails was a favorite for the old school fans (like me). I haven't really been a fan of Tails in the modern games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom