• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic: Wii or GC Remote?

nFiNiTe

Smash Rookie
Wii With The Shake Smashing on seems pretty advanced and nice for sonic everything seems to be done 10x faster, But with the GC controller you seem more accurate with things you want to do, Discuss.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I feel the EXACT same way. but my game requires, precision as a higher priority than speed, so i play with a GC controller in tourneys

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Wait...you can play smash bros. on the Wii??

:093:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
when I play use the Gamecube controller regardless if it's Sonic or not

btw. I support all you Sonic mains since Sonic is one of my favorites and one day, I too would like to be able to main him

Sonic Forum FTW!

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208

btw. I support all you Sonic mains since Sonic is one of my favorites and one day, I too would like to be able to main him

Sonic Forum FTW!
Well if you dream and try hard enough...maybe someday it will happen.

:093:

Tenki

Smash Hero

Sonic Forum FTW!
I was gonna say something like support our boards and help get rid of spam but then I realized that the colored name wasn't for mod. :[

StyleZ1

Smash Rookie
I would say using the nunchuk is a disadvantage to anyone who uses it.. it horrible compared to the GCC

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well if you dream and try hard enough...maybe someday it will happen.
hmm.. thanks for the feedback, but I don't think dreaming will make it happen, it all about the skills ;)

I was gonna say something like support our boards and help get rid of spam but then I realized that the colored name wasn't for mod. :[
I'm rarely on this board, but I wish I was lol.. :laugh:

Tenshi-kun

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3024-5951-1874
Yay! Opportunity for me!

I play Wiimote con Nunchuck and I LOVE it! Well, I play all my characters like that. Haha, but occasionally I might use a GC. For Sonic, though, I prefer the Wiimote. Its just more relaxing, even though you're doing high flying speedo acrobat moves. The only time I'd switch to GC would be....Fox, thats about it. Haha.

Custom Wiimote settings ftw! :D

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
Yay! Opportunity for me!

I play Wiimote con Nunchuck and I LOVE it! Well, I play all my characters like that. Haha, but occasionally I might use a GC. For Sonic, though, I prefer the Wiimote. Its just more relaxing, even though you're doing high flying speedo acrobat moves. The only time I'd switch to GC would be....Fox, thats about it. Haha.

Custom Wiimote settings ftw! :D
Have fun losing with that setting.

Connorhj

Smash Rookie
I used to use the GC controller until I got used to the numchuks, wouldn't go back now, I find them pretty much both the same when fighting with different characters. Although it's really annoying if you run out of batteries when playing an online match...

Helikeldin

Smash Rookie
This shouldn't even be an argument unless you don't like wires. GC controllers are still the best.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
It bothers me how people dismiss the usage of non-GC control schemes without even a valid explanation. As a Sonic main, I use a customized WiiChuck scheme, and it works for me amazingly better than GC does.

Why? Because with the Wiichuck, you can perform all your actions with the most minimal movement of your fingers. That milisecond difference can help you beat an enemy, especially when your moves are as laggy as many of Sonic's are. I have Shake Smash on, but also have most of my DPad movements mapped to smashes. Down on the Dpad is used for jumping, because it makes short hopping ridiculously easy for me. I tend to use shake smash fr ground smashes, but the Dpad smash mapping for aerials, since they flow nicely int eachother.

I would recommend the Wiichuck scheme to anyone willing to take the challenge t depart from the GC

Top Bottom