• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic The Hedgehog Mafia - Who lives happily ever after in the Land of the Sky?

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
rPSI, that case is indescribably bad. Sorry I haven't been able to respond, I've been helping out with freshman stuff on campus. Gimme a minute and I'll tear the case apart.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
rPSI said:
I'd like to bring stuff up against Kirbyoshi.
This is a very weird way to introduce a case...I don't even know how to describe it. It's just weird.
rPSI said:
Kirbyoshi in this post basically told town not to form a leader.
I don't think I ever said this, and even said that that's not what I meant. I meant that someone should not simply assume the position of leader. If it happens naturally and everybody trusts the person then whatever.
rPSI said:
Now he's trying to discourage voting on the possibility that someone is scum. What? A vote is a players most valuable tool. He then said not to use it.
Another misrep. I never said voting was wrong, or that you shouldn't vote your suspicions. It was the reason I had a problem with. There was an equally possible town reason that Sir Bed said what he said, and Swords didn't seem to take that into account.
rPSI said:
If you really think that your vote was legitimate for reasons outside the WIFOM, then you should keep your vote there.
And if I don't think that? What do you think would be the pro-town move? I'll answer it for you: unvoting. There was no reason to keep my vote on Swords.

Rereading and answering Rockin's requests/questions now.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
1) Does everyone feel that the Tiger Woods lynch was a mistake? If so, why?

2) What does everyone think of the NK as well as flips?

3)Besides Kirbyoshi, who else do you find scummy and why?
I really don't feel that the Tiger Woods lynch wasn't a mistake. Of course we lost a townie, but was it by an accident? No. He was a vanilla townie and claimed so. No one should really be convinced by a vanilla townie claim. :ohwell: Typically, Day 1, usually doesn't give the best results in terms of lynch unless scum really ****s up. Most of the time, it gives us basis on the Day 2 argument.

Tigers flip was disappointed I suppose. I had hardly gained anything from what Pierce did Day 1 (if anything, really) so it seems as if scum just wanted an easy NK target that would lead to no suspicions. However, this generally means in the future days, they will have to make some sort of commitment in their NK's since they won't have the easy inactive targets. Which is good... I guess...

I dislike this question very much. Not only because it shows who you think looks bad, but the implications that the others are town, therefore easy NK targets. :urg:

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer

1.) Not really. His claim had kinda set off some flags in my head but it was just a vanilla claim, so no way to analyze it or anything. It was basically sacrificing some information to get rid of what was looking like a coaster. Can't read someone if they're not here, you know.

2.) The NK and up-to-now flips are useless basically. I'm expecting there to be a lot of vanilla townies on our side, nothing special. There's nothing to analyze about Pierce's death (as said, exactly why he was chosen). The only info to be found here is the obvious flavor. Town are the robot henchmen, and scum are the Sonic team. But safeclaims, so whatever. Of course, you could speculate GorditoBoy as scum. It would kinda make sense, that the people who have roles as sonic characters (scum) wouldn't really know that the town are robots or something and think it'd be an easy excuse to hammer, but idk. That's really shaky logic and I don't really care for the idea.

3.) Agree with rPsi, bad question. As if I'm going to publicly announce who I find scummy. If I wanted to give them a little heads-up vote so they stop doing scummy stuff, I'd already be doing it. If I think I'm really onto something, I'm just going to sit and observe until it makes sense.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
if you have time to say that, then you have time to contribute and answer my questions. >>

PSI, which question you didn't like?

also, I remind everyone we got like 4 days to come up with a lynch canidate
im not done my read through yet and your questions is something i would like to answer when im done that. i was more or less leaving a quick comment relating to the current discussion and relating back to things in d1

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Rockin, tiger woods lynch wasn't really that big of a deal, he was useless, posting dumb oneliners to avoid prods. The Nightkill choice didn't have connections with anyone but me, so that is useless. And as for no. 3, i'm with sold.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The thing I hate most about the Tiger lynch was Gordito's hammer. It was pretty much textbook reasoning of how to not hammer someone lol

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Deadline has been set for August 22, 2010 11:59PM EST.

It takes 6/10 to lynch!

Day 2 Vote Count 2:
GorditoBoy69: (0)
Kirbyoshi: vVv ChiboSempai, rPSI, SwordsRbroken, Rockin (
)
Nix2100: (0)
Rockin: (0)
rPSI: (0)
Sir Bedevere: (0)
Sold2: (0)
SwordsRbroken: Nix2100 (
)
UTDZac: (0)
vVv ChiboSempai: (0)
Not Voting: GorditoBoy69, Kirbyoshi, Sir Bedevere, Sold2, UTDZac (
)

Nix2100, Sir Bedevere, & UTDZac have been prodded.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer

1) No.

2) I said earlier I thought the NK was just a safe play. As for two town flips, it's kinda annoying but hey, there are probably more town people than not... so makes sense.

3) Hmm not sure other than Kirbyoshi. rPSI seems to be tunneling on Kirbyoshi all of toDay, but for good reason, doesn't seem scummy unless KY flips town.

Given we didn't get much information out of the night, I think KY is an decent play for today. I'm going to go ahead and put him at L-1

Vote: Kirbyoshi

Rockin, I'd like to hear answers to your questions as well.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I don't like putting him at L-1 this early.

But I guess that you guys are. So Kirby, watchu gotta say to defend yourself?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I did them in the order you asked them. So question number 3.
Ahh, okay, making sure.

I ask the third question because I don't want to feel like JUST focusing on one person. I want to see if there were others people were suspicious of. I dislike it mainly cause we'll have little to no content on who we feel is scummy because all of our attention was on this one person.

And sure Zac

1) I don't feel we made a mistake with the lynch, but I wish I considered the lynch a bit more (My reason for lynching tiger was cause the lack of content and the flavor of the claim. Right now, he probably could've been more useful then Kirbyyoshi is being right now =/

2) Like everyone said, we got little to no info from the flip except of who his character is. I kinda doubt Sonic and the gang are mafia, but I could be wrong...hm.

3) No one yet, and that's irritating to me. There was hardly anything on D1 and the same thing is happening on D2 somewhat.

also, where's Nix? Request prod to Nix

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord

1) I'd rather have lynched Kirb. I only switched to Tiger because the deadline was almost upon us, and because of my limited access, I wouldn't be able to switch wagons at any time I wanted, so I went with the one with the most votes. I don't think it was a mistake; I just think it could have been better.

2) I agree with what has been said about the NK; they probably just went for a safe choice. However, as I've said before, the roles were assigned RANDOMLY to the flavour, so this speculation on the alignment of the characters based on flavour is completely pointless.

I'm going to start throwing out FoSes if this comes up again.

3) I have some suspicions, but they're not as strong as Kirbyoshi and I'm going to hold off on giving scum a list of people they don't need to target.

Let's ask him that then.

Kirb, please explain in full why you think Chibo tried to slip his way into being leader, and indicate which posts showed him trying to do so.
Yo Kirb, are you going to answer this or are you going to continue skimming over everything we've been saying about you?

---

Should we get him to claim?

also, DON'T HAMMER UNTIL AFTER WE'VE DISCUSSED HIS CLAIM IF HE CLAIMS

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
Nix is being owned by his college classes that started...didn't realize its been 2 days since I last posted until I got prodded, so I'm on my mobile atm which feels kind of weird.....anyway!

Tigers lynch was..a mistake he was a townie sadly though at the time we were low on time and had very few options

Nks were.....night kills, was there a logic to them..I really doubt it, atleast whenever I was mafia I would go after whoever seemed to be someone that would hit my chances of winning so killing someone with no real connections is odd to me.

My suspicions are my own.....mostly because I don't have a real solid lead on anyone, want to go back and look at a few certain people though

Not really liking kirbys last post in defence of rpsi case against him....it feels kind of weak imo...

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
...I got no idea about Kirby to be honest, cause I found someone else to poke at.

vote: Chibo

I've seen you as mafia, I've been your partner for mafia, your playstyle and what your posting, way too similar >_>

#HBC | Gorf

Metaing, by itself, is not a good excuse for voting.

I'm not a fan of metaing at all anyway. I mean, those are those games, this is this one.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Whoa. Claiming now.

I'm the Old Man from the movie (I assume he's from the movie, I never watched it lol). I've always been good with the ladies (apparently of all ages?), and Sara is no exception. I'm a Commuter, which means I can choose to not have any Night Actions affect me for a Night. I can use the ability as many times as I want, as long as it's not 2 Nights in a row.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
A wise man once told me "Scum always claims armor!" Commuter falls under armor :v.

Funny flavor though, and that IS how the role works. Not that it couldn't be a scum commuter or something either I guess :v.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
@Gordito - Tell me then, out of all these posts that Chibo has claimed he is re-reading, post coming soon....how many times has he actually done something with his re-read?

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Claim seems believable right now, i'll unvote as scum commuter doesn't seem likely. Now....Vote:Chibo

He has contributed almost nothing all game, has been joking a lot, and has been throwing around his vote without any reasoning behind it.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I promise to be back on tonight with more stuff.

What old man do you mean? The old bird guy in the movie? Someone else?

#HBC | Gorf

@Chibo

Flavor is randomly assigned to role. So how does it make that big of a difference?

@Nix

Good point. And he just told us when his next read up's gonna be, so let's see what he does about it tonight. If he doesn't do s***, then I should be convinced.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
because knowing the show and the movie (and iv seen both), you can discern what roles are more or less important enough for the mod to include and which ones seem more like safe claims. its not a end all solution to call someone out on, but helps

*roles as in characters

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
@Chibo

Flavor is randomly assigned to role. So how does it make that big of a difference.
Someones not paying attention :v. So far, we've had 2 dead townies be robot enemies, I'll go ahead and say that I know that I'm a townie and that I'm a robot enemy, so that's 3. In all the flavor videos, it shows Sonic tricking/killing his enemies into killing each other, like scum tricking town into lynching each other. So a trend would be that enemies of sonic = town, friends of sonic = scum.

You really should have said "scum undoubtedly have safe (flavor)claims, so how does it matter."

@swords, as if it's given he even has the commuter role. The only way to prove he has the commuter role is to have a cop or vig target him the night he leaves town. Problem is... We'd be wasting a cop or vig shot either way, and then the cop or vig would have to claim to tell everyone they're a commuter. That's a huuuge no-no. And even if you don't believe it, scum commuter(or maybe bulletproof scum vs vig) could very well happen. Not to mention he could EASILY be a SK, who wouldn't be effected by those anyways.

There's no plausible way to prove a commuter apart from a townie, a SK, or from any mafia member. It also explains why scum doesn't target them for a nkill, though to be fair Kirbyoshi has other excuses for that. All in all, it's a near perfect fake-claim for scum.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Someones not paying attention :v. So far, we've had 2 dead townies be robot enemies, I'll go ahead and say that I know that I'm a townie and that I'm a robot enemy, so that's 3. In all the flavor videos, it shows Sonic tricking/killing his enemies into killing each other, like scum tricking town into lynching each other. So a trend would be that enemies of sonic = town, friends of sonic = scum.
This is a very interesting observation. I guess it's possible to theme the game such that town is playing from the enemies perspective.

I don't think I want to read into this much at all though.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Sara is a townie, but in the flavor, she's been acting awfully bratty. Is she that way in the movie?

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
What old man do you mean? The old bird guy in the movie? Someone else?
Answer this please, Kirb. Go look at the video in the OP and point out your character to us, if he's there. Is your character name actually "Old Man"?

I'll comment on his claim once he's answered this.

You really should have said "scum undoubtedly have safe (flavor)claims, so how does it matter."
2) I agree with what has been said about the NK; they probably just went for a safe choice. However, as I've said before, the roles were assigned RANDOMLY to the flavour, so this speculation on the alignment of the characters based on flavour is completely pointless.

I'm going to start throwing out FoSes if this comes up again.
FoS: Sold2

Yes, YOU aren't. Are you skimming? Did you not see my TWO posts explaining why this ridiculous anti-town theory of robot enemies= town/sonic team= scum could not possibly be true? The ONLY reason that I can think of that anyone would even try to plant this theory into people's heads is to create doubt amongst any non-enemy claims to make town more likely to lynch based on flavour, which I'm not allowing.

And hey, you soft-claimed and created WIFOM, so why can't I?

I'm town and I'm a friend of sonic.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
@Mod - As clarification for the rules, is the flavor randomly assigned a role, or is it in the sense that it is randomly assigned to the player.

Mod Edit:
OP said:
This is a Closed Set-up for 12 Players with all roles randomly assigned both player-wise and flavour-wise (with exception of one flavour-role that I will note at game start). The flavour takes characters from the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog television series and the Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie animated film.
For further clarification; the one role that was not assigned randomly flavour-wise was Sara the Town Innocent Child that was confirmed at game start.

Top Bottom