• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic The Hedgehog Mafia - Who lives happily ever after in the Land of the Sky?

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Wow I'm surprised Tiger got hammered after claiming without us getting to discuss it at least. It's not like the day was going to end soon... or in the next 10 hours ><

Also, whoever thinks "Oh, his role character is a bad guy flavor wise, therefore he's scum" isn't a smart player imo. Connecting flavor with mafia, while it does make sense, is always dangerous.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Guys, there's no flavour. Xiivi randomly assigned the roles to the characters. Also, this game includes characters from the TV series, so Tiger's claim isn't unreasonable.

From the OP:

This is a Closed Set-up for 12 Players with all roles randomly assigned both player-wise and flavour-wise (with exception of one flavour-role that I will note at game start). The flavour takes characters from the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog television series and the Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie animated film.
Get off the pointless flavour discussion.

I believe Tiger is town (i.e. we can trust him for what little time he remains alive).

Tiger, can you explain how you have come to the conclusion that the mafia are going to build up their mafia through recruiting? Is it something you learned through your role/through flavour in your role PM, or are you just guessing (led on by what I've said before)?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Even if Grounder was "bad" in the story line... he is most definitely a townie in this mafia. I'm not sure about any recruiters though.
Well the thing is I can't take that claim for granted. If I'd let you live and the days go by, I'm sure I'd be pegged with problems and paranoia of your claim.

Also, whoever thinks "Oh, his role character is a bad guy flavor wise, therefore he's scum" isn't a smart player imo. Connecting flavor with mafia, while it does make sense, is always dangerous.
It's not just the name that bothers me, but it's the timeline and show it came from. Grounder is from the sonic cartoon show and Sara is from the sonic animated movie. It just didn't connect with me.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
@Rockin... I guess my lynch will open some doors for you... I wouldn't worry about the timeline either...

I believe there isn't one... the sonic timeline isn't relevant in this mafia.

(>-.-)>

The people I mentioned earlier still give me a bad vibe though.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
I have a thought for you all by the way...

Pretend you didn't see any of my posts after I got hammered.

Did I truly look scummy?

If the majority of you say yes, then the people who pushed my lynch last are probably scummier. If the majority of you say no... then the people who initiated the votes on me are probably scummier.

Just an observation I've noticed from several other mafias...

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Oh dear. I come home and look at this.

I'd be entirely happy with this lynch if it weren't be for the early hammer. Didn't give any time for a proper defense or any discussion about the claim or anything. Wait for flip to be sure he's not lying (safe claims or maybe just random roles all together).

Is there anything I need to respond to immediately, before the flip? I skimmed but I didn't see any mail for me. If he's town, I'll answer whatever questions y'all want, since I seem to be the cause of this :x.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Everybody saying the hammer was early is an idiot. anywhere within 24 hours is a legit time to hammer imo, no matter what kind of claim there is. And Brownie Townie claims should not save anyone.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Day 1 Ends & Night 1 Begins!

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9fneJq6uIpM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6&amp;border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9fneJq6uIpM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6&amp;border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

"Alright let's hop to this! Who ruined my CD collection!!" Sara said as she started hassling the group of potential suspects.

"Shouldn't we be more worried that they tried to kill you?" Someone else said.

"Hah, I'm still alive aren't I? I'm not worried, I can handle myself!!" Sara proclaimed triumphantly.

The argument continued on for quite some time, however it became clear one person stuck out in particular to the group: Grounder.

"Guys, I swear it! I love Sara and would never do anything to try and hurt her!" Grounder pleaded.

But the others simply would not buy it, and it wasn't long before he was reduced to a bucket of bolts. However they soon realized the mistake they had made and Sara went into a fit.

"Wow I can't believe you guys killed off someone in my own fanclub!! This is unacceptable, I'm going home!" Sara said as she stomped off and the others turned in for the night as well.

Day 1 Vote Count 6:
GorditoBoy69: (0)
Kirbyoshi: vVv ChiboSempai, UTDZac (
)
Nix2100: (0)
Pierce7d: (0)
Rockin: (0)
rPSI: (0)
Sir Bedevere: (0)
Sold2: TigerWoods (0)
SwordsRbroken: (0)
TigerWoods: Sold2, SwordsRbroken, rPSI, Rockin, Sir Bedevere, Kirbyoshi, GorditoBoy69 (
)
UTDZac: (0)
vVv ChiboSempai: (0)
Not Voting: Nix2100, Pierce7d (
)

TigerWoods, Grounder, Brownie Townie has been lynched!

Deadline has been set for August 13, 2010 11:59PM EST.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Day 2 Begins & Night 1 Ends!

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xp1NhpXD-wk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6&amp;border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xp1NhpXD-wk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6&amp;border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

The next day began with Sara's boisterous voice ringing in everyone's ears.

"Alright, snap to it! We've got to take care of this today!" Sara commanded.

The group assembled and Sara began to stare them down, looking for something. However it became apparent she couldn't find what she was looking for.

"Okay, someone's missing! Who is it! Don't they know I don't have all day to do this!" Sara yelled.

The group looked around and soon realized it was Coconuts who was missing. They went to his room, only to discover a destroyed bucket of bolts formerly known as Coconuts.

"Oh no! Not Mister Monkey!! He was so cute! And he gave me a new CD that I jammed to all last night! This is unacceptable!"

Pierce7d, Coconuts, Brownie Townie has been murdered!

Deadline has been set for August 22, 2010 11:59PM EST.

It takes 6/10 to lynch!

Day 2 Vote Count 0:
Kirbyoshi: (0)
Sold2: (0)
SwordsRbroken: (0)
Not Voting: GorditoBoy69, Kirbyoshi, Nix2100, Rockin, rPSI, Sir Bedevere, Sold2, SwordsRbroken, UTDZac, vVv ChiboSempai (
)

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
I'm Alive!.....and still town! Though....I have no proof of such.....and Pierce? >_> They killed Pierce?! He made one post....and all he did was FoS Swords.....sooo....

vote: Swords

Defend yourself!

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Reading though stuff, I just have a hard time seeing Kirbyoshi actually being a townie...

Vote: Kirbyoshi

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Wow, 2 votes on me just because of the nightkill? Obvious nightkill choice was obvious. Mafia obviously did it because:

1. It was the best choice for them. Pierce only had connections with me. He had connections with no one else.

2. It would frame me.

So kirby, you've done nothing really. Your scumhunting sucks as a matter of fact. You voted me because i was showing how bedivere could be scum, and you didn't buy it.

vote: kirbyoshi

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
lol first post of the day and Kirbyoshi already done be suspicious.

Also Pierce was probably night killed because he had no connections to anyone really. That FoS counts I guess but it's still not much. I used the same strategy in Newbie 3, someone subbed in really late in the first day and was a super obvious and easy night kill choice. Not that odd at all, Rockin.

@Swords. Kirby has done stuff. The value of that stuff is what's questionable though.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
@Rockin: Framing someone by killing the person who had the biggest suspicion on them vs. killing off someone who was suspicious of you to ease the pressure when he gets back? How is that NOT WIFOM?

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
@Swords. Kirby has done stuff. The value of that stuff is what's questionable though.
I already said why pierce was probably night killed, you just said the same thing. >.> And yeah, i mean he hasn't done really anything valuable. He hasn't done anything to tear down my defense yet, and he has posted recently.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
NK threw me off @_@

I was 90% sure that the NK was def. Swords, which would render Kirby def scum in my book.

Pierce FoSing Swords doesn't mean s***. I don't think anybody would be so stupid as to NK like that.

Confused person is confused.

#HBC | Gorf

Oh, by the way...

I'm not gonna be V/LA (I'll try to be on every day), but my dad took away the computer from me. So I'll try to go to my buddies house every day, using his computer to check up.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
Gordito, why were you so sure that the NK would be swords? and how would that render Kirby scum? =P

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I think scum went for Pierce simply because it was a safe NK. Sure they could have gone for someone else, but then some suspicions might arise. Pierce was inactive and they knew he was town, so way not.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Deadline has been set for August 22, 2010 11:59PM EST.

It takes 6/10 to lynch!

Day 2 Vote Count 1:
Kirbyoshi: vVv ChiboSempai, rPSI, SwordsRbroken (
)
Sold2: (0)
SwordsRbroken: Nix2100, Kirbyoshi (
)
Not Voting: GorditoBoy69, Rockin, Sir Bedevere, Sold2, UTDZac (
)

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Also Pierce was probably night killed because he had no connections to anyone really. That FoS counts I guess but it's still not much. I used the same strategy in Newbie 3, someone subbed in really late in the first day and was a super obvious and easy night kill choice. Not that odd at all, Rockin..
The only difference is that someone didn't replaced in. Just barely posted. Still, I guess it really isn't too odd...*shrugs*

@Rockin: Framing someone by killing the person who had the biggest suspicion on them vs. killing off someone who was suspicious of you to ease the pressure when he gets back? How is that NOT WIFOM?
It isn't WIFOM at all. Pierce only posted JUST once, and that was against swords. We can't base that single post off of wifom cause we don't know how he felt about swords later on in the game. A real WIFOM situation is something like Sir's thought of a 'mafia recruiter' in the game. WIFOM is basically something that makes the person think a bit too much or too hard over something that could be a simple decision.

Vote: Kirbyyoshi.

Seriously Kirbyyoshi, stop being dumb.

NK threw me off @_@

I was 90% sure that the NK was def. Swords, which would render Kirby def scum in my book.

Pierce FoSing Swords doesn't mean s***. I don't think anybody would be so stupid as to NK like that.

Confused person is confused.
how would that render kirbyyoshi scummy? Why did you feel Swords would be a target over someone like pierce?

There's a lot of dumb in this game....-_-;

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Ohkay. Kirbyoshi lynch okay.

I'm not going to stop any'all this time, but remember dumb =/= scum. I can see the motivation though. One in particular.

rPsi, you said that Kirbyoshi "proved to be useless yet again" and also "I can't see him being townie." What's your reasoning for voting. Or what made you change your opinion go from "useless (townie?)" to "definitely scum?"

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Ok, I see where you're coming from Rockin.

Unvote

But still IGMEOY Swords. And I'm not quite sure what we can get out of the NK...

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I'd like to bring stuff up against Kirbyoshi. Simple things I've noted so far that make me think he isn't a townie. If you look at it, it does show that he really was just being useless for town. He wasn't playing well like he should have. He just sort of did what he did. This doesn't mean 100% that I think he's a confirmed scum. He could be some variation of an indy for all I know. But it's obvious to me that he shouldn't be allowed to keep being wishy-washy like he is.

@Sold: Much like Nix said (half-jokingly, but still), he (Nix) should be the only one trying to lead this game. If scum can assume a leadership role, they can pretty much make town believe anything. If town assumes that role, they just make themselves NK targets. Therefore, scum has more incentive to take charge than town does. Get it?
Kirbyoshi in this post basically told town not to form a leader. After this, basically everyone stepped down from this role and no one has really tried to assume it. TBH, there's nothing really wrong with a leader. Scum can use a WIFOM on us, so what? Are we relying on them being NK'd? No. So what if they don't die. That shouldn't be a determinate of whether or not someone is scum. In this case he basically had us not use a possibly beneficial leader by creating a WIFOM situation. Pri bad.

Swords: My issue was that you were voting Sir Bed on the possibility that he was scum. Since there is an equally viable town reason for it, I see no reason whatsoever for the vote.
Now he's trying to discourage voting on the possibility that someone is scum. What? A vote is a players most valuable tool. He then said not to use it.

I agree. It could be WIFOM, but Swords was scummy yesterday, so...

Vote: SwordsRbroken
He even stated in this post that there was a WIFOM based on the NK. He then continues to play upon the scum WIFOM and vote for Swords. Really? He could have given some backing to his vote in another way, but he didn't and mindlessly voted for Swords.

Ok, I see where you're coming from Rockin.

Unvote

But still IGMEOY Swords. And I'm not quite sure what we can get out of the NK...
"Oh noes! They voted me b/c I did something stupid. Better cover up my tracks."
Now before you say "Oh well rPSI, you said that voting for Swords was scummy, so isn't it stupid to keep my vote on him?" Honestly, this really only shows that you're willing to do whatever it takes to prove that you're not a "bad person" by keeping a vote on someone. If you really think that your vote was legitimate for reasons outside the WIFOM, then you should keep your vote there. Otherwise this just proves that you were blindly throwing that vote against Swords.

#HBC | Gorf

Well, Swords was the main person leading the Kirby lynch throughout. And now that I'm thinking about it, it would be easy to frame. So... I guess I just rendered that part of that post useless. My fault xP.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Responding to this since I couldn't when I was on the DS:

His case was good, given how early-game it is, but I see what you mean. And backing down is a lot like 1.) Sitting on his vote. But the point is that he was under pressure from other voters and needed to prove he's worth to keep alive. Backing off and saying "I got nothing" wouldn't do much to help.
Proving your worth D1 MOMENTS after RVS ended is not really necessary, I don't think. It's not like if Kirb's first post wasn't a clear, concise assault on someone we would have auto-lynched him; he had the choice to go for a bit of early game pressure, people didn't like it, but he kept it up. "I got nothing" wouldn't have HELPED, OK, but it would certainly have been much better than pursuing a weak case, and maybe Kirb wouldn't have been in this situation if he had done so. Recognizing one's own faulty case>sticking to a weak case.
The real problem is proving that Chibo wanted to "slip" his way into leader. I'd have to go back and read all of Chibo's posts to say if he was or was not, and I'm not going to prove a case right or wrong for someone else.
Let's ask him that then.

Kirb, please explain in full why you think Chibo tried to slip his way into being leader, and indicate which posts showed him trying to do so.

I would vote, but I don't like putting someone at L-2 this early in the Day.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Maan Bedevere pulling out D1 stuff. Maybe you're right though, and I do/did expect to see his reasoning.

Also lol, I was thinking rPsi was just tryin to sneak on by.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I'm working on that issue, Chibo. Just that havn't had too much of a chance to that. let's see how wednesday looks.

find it odd that Kirbyyoshi hasn't respond to the case yet >>

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Slow game is slow. NEEDS MOAR ACTIVITY!
I just realize that there IS some sort of activity going on (rules state you need to post every 48 hrs before you're replaced/modkilled), so I'm assuming you meant 'NEEDS MOAR CONTRIBUTE!'

anyway

Kirbyyoshi, who do you feel is scum and why? (be detailed, man)

Everyone (including Kirbyyoshi), several questions

1) Does everyone feel that the Tiger Woods lynch was a mistake? If so, why?

2) What does everyone think of the NK as well as flips?

3)Besides Kirbyoshi, who else do you find scummy and why?

#HBC | Gorf

Well, the TigerWoods lynch wasn't necessarily a mistake. He was pretty useless, and didn't do much.

And I'm not too sure yet about my scum picks. If I HAD to say somebody, it'd be Swords, but I'm not sure enough to cast a vote.

Top Bottom