• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic The Hedgehog Mafia - Who lives happily ever after in the Land of the Sky?

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
@Sold: Much like Nix said (half-jokingly, but still), he (Nix) should be the only one trying to lead this game. If scum can assume a leadership role, they can pretty much make town believe anything. If town assumes that role, they just make themselves NK targets. Therefore, scum has more incentive to take charge than town does. Get it?

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
EBWOP: Also, I'm not following someone who I have a neutral read on unless they are confirmed. It's a bit too early to have town reads on anyone, and Nix is the only confirmed town player, therefore he's the only one I will "sheep" if anyone.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
EBWOP: Also, I'm not following someone who I have a neutral read on unless they are confirmed. It's a bit too early to have town reads on anyone, and Nix is the only confirmed town player, therefore he's the only one I will "sheep" if anyone.
Forgive me if I read that incorrectly... but are you saying that the town should play poorly and not lead as to avoid being NKed?

:dizzy:

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
while odd and can backfire on a person =P There are a few occasions where that would be necessary. However in the games I've been in...I have yet to see scum take the lead as far as I could tell...EM is a different story...but yea, We won't go there. Regardless, I don't quite see how just because someone takes charge it makes them scum...and I don't see it scummy to be suspicious of that person either =P As I am ALWAYS wary around those that take charge until they are cleared....and I also fail to see how this really helps us find scum either...

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
@Sold: Much like Nix said (half-jokingly, but still), he (Nix) should be the only one trying to lead this game. If scum can assume a leadership role, they can pretty much make town believe anything. If town assumes that role, they just make themselves NK targets. Therefore, scum has more incentive to take charge than town does. Get it?
I was with you (aka against voting for you) until this. Unless you're playing with a dumb town, scum aren't going to be making everyone believe ANYTHING so easily, just by saying "k guys, I'm leader, let's lynch everyone but my scummates". And if scum does assume the leadership role and effectively direct town, it's because the scum is a better player and is good at manipulation, not simply because they became the "leader". And wtf, are you implying that if the leader DOESN'T get NKed, that makes them more likely to be scum? That's just WIFOM all over the place. And like Tiger said, if I had the choice between getting good opinions/reads/ideas out there at the cost of getting NKed, or being a sheep and following others around while keeping my life, I'd get NKed.

Not only that, but this concept of "leader" (and how they direct town's actions) is pretty anti-town. The collective is more likely to find scum than the individual, for the simple fact that more brainpower=better conclusions. Even if those conclusions might be tainted a bit by the input of scum, I would rely way more on the town's collective thought process rather than one person pointing out scum and us lynching them. Yes, Nix is guaranteed town (at least for now) but that doesn't mean he's the only one we should listen to and it certainly shouldn't mean we should do everything he says. We should all be our own leaders. /corniness

Your reason for voting Zac wasn't unreasonable and at least got us out of RVS, but this attack on Chibo seems forced and seems to be you simply picking another target after you saw no one was going for Zac.

Vote: Kirbyoshi

I believe that's L-2.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
Pfft, "for now" he says <_< No such thing as "for now" =P I am cleared townie for the rest of the game!..I agree withs ome points of what you said Sir, and disagree with some others, but I don't really feel the opinions of leaders and what not are really helping us find scum...thats more of a general mafia type discussion dont you think?

Nice Post though =p Town Points for Sir Bedevere!

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Why should we rely on a leader at all? As a town, you should go with your own opinion. Your opinions shouldn't be swayed by somebody else, just because they show leadership. That's why I'm not a huge fan of wagons. Unless I agree with it, I don't like joining wagons. And this isn't necessarily a wagon I'd join YET. Yea, all of the stuff on Kirbyoshi is true, but it's early. We can still find out more stuff.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Pfft, "for now" he says <_< No such thing as "for now" =P I am cleared townie for the rest of the game!
Eh, I don't know why Xiivi would throw in a role like yours, which basically just gives you a free clear for the rest of the game, if there wasn't going to be other roles to exploit it (namely mafia recruiting roles). For toDay at least we can be sure your opinions aren't coming from scum, but after that, believing you're 100% town could be a fatal mistake and is quite anti-town.

And I agree with Gordito; no need to end this Day yet.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
.......Thats a good point, and honestly I never even considered mafia recruiters, assuming there even is one in here =P But yea....There goes my credibility past Day 1 -_-

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Actually, the concept of a town leader isn't bad at all and happens super often. You guys are acting like the leader has to be a dictator and enforce martial law (that would be bad indeed) or that if there was a leader, everyone else just has to follow them or rely on them. Leaders are just people the majority of town thinks is smart and trusts them. Go look at... well a lot of games had them. Good example would be Unintended Consequences. EE was definitely leading the town in that game and everything went really well. A couple townies lurked (myself kinda included, but w/e) but it's not like we relied entirely on EE to get opinions and scumhunting out.

I just felt like putting my opinion on that down, no need for anyone to respond. And anyways... Bedevere, your case on Kirbyoshi is mega-flimsy man. But again, I'll let him say what he will. It's not my job afterall. Looking forward to his response...
I might have to make it my job though =/.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
The only problem with having a true town leader is, is that we don't know their motivations. I mean, sure if one happens, that's fine. As long as we still keep looking at their motivations behind what they say. They will be the most scrutinized player, so it's fine if it happens naturally, but if it's self-imposed, then we have a problem.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
rPSI knows exactly what I meant.

And a correction, SRB. Cello indy = Cello town = Cello mafia. Just varying degrees of stupid, add or subtract some depending on who he's playing with. Either way, my point still stands that pulling town out of RVS like that is a nulltell.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
rPSI knows exactly what I meant.

And a correction, SRB. Cello indy = Cello town = Cello mafia. Just varying degrees of stupid, add or subtract some depending on who he's playing with. Either way, my point still stands that pulling town out of RVS like that is a nulltell.
Give an example where he played like town but was mafia. And don't try pointing to newbie mafia 3. He had another scumgroup to search for. Give an example where he's part of the ONLY mafia group and played like Cello-town.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
AIMafia and IRLMafia. I'm not going to wade through Smashboards games I wasn't in to prove a point either. And what are you doing. Cello's not even in this game and now you don't even have a point. Worthless argument, stop it now.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Deadline has been set for August 11, 2010 11:59PM EST.

It's takes 7/12 to lynch!

Day 1 Vote Count 2:
GorditoBoy69: (0)
Kirbyoshi: rPSI, vVv ChiboSempai, UTDZac, TigerWoods, Sir Bedevere (
)
Nix2100: (0)
Pierce7d: (0)
Rockin: Nix2100, Sold2 (
)
rPSI: (0)
Sir Bedevere: (0)
Sold2: (0)
SwordsRbroken: (0)
TigerWoods: GorditoBoy69 (
)
UTDZac: SwordsRbroken (
)
vVv ChiboSempai: Kirbyoshi (
)
Not Voting: Pierce7d, Rockin (
)

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
That....was completely pointless and was why I wanted to stay away from the whole leaders thing...

Unvote
Vote: Swords

Why in the world were you starting a debate about a players playstyle who is not even in the game?

@Sold2 - Same question for you Sold2!

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Uhh... did I miss something?

Tell me if I'm right: People are talking about how people play, in different games. If that's true, why? This is Sonic the Hedgehog Mafia. We shouldn't worry about other games.

And @Swords, I'm not sure who's scum. I find it too early to tell. Sure, Kirbyoshi's said some stupid stuff, but it's not enough for me to call him def. scum. And that's about all I've got so far.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
@Gordito - Your right, people were talking about someone else's playstyle in other games =p and the why is what im trying to figure out.

@Chibo - Nice to know you'll be V/LA but you think you could do something more besides just posting one sentence each time? =P

@rPSI - You and Chibo are kind of freaking me out you know that? When one of you posts, the other is usually not very far behind....its weird @_@ Same thing to you too btw =P More then a sentence would be nice!

@Kirby - Question! Should one ever hammer themselves?

@Sir - Your town <_< Enough said.

@Tiger - Who would be your wife and who would you have a affair with in this game? =P

@Zac - Any plans on scumhunting?

@Pierce - Unkown invisible person is unkown.

@Rockin - <3 Your scum btw, just because.

@Sold2 & Swords - Still waiting on a answer!

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
@rPSI - You and Chibo are kind of freaking me out you know that? When one of you posts, the other is usually not very far behind....its weird @_@ Same thing to you too btw =P More then a sentence would be nice!
:X
I'm the sort of person that likes to be short and concise. I like to be to the point, so most of my posts everywhere are usually short.

If you want to know my position thus far in the game, it lies with Kirbyoshi. He hasn't helped himself in my eyes at all. I haven't found one post of his that even convinces me that he is town. He is obviously my top (and only so far) lynch candidate.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
^^^^And that was to Tiger.....

@rPSI - Fair enough! Thanks for explaining your position so far too ^_^

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Nix, i was correcting him. Cello was indy in DBZ, which he was using as an example about what i was talking about. I was telling him that Cello indy playstyle = cello town playstyle. It's exactly the same. But why am i still talking about this? Time to apply some pressure to the invisible person. unvote vote: Pierce

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Pierce has been V/LA since the beginning since he was prepping for Apex and stuff.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
check the post count. Pierce hasn't even posted yet. So let me rephrase my question: Pierce, what is your opinion on everything that has happened so far?

Top Bottom