• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic The Hedgehog Mafia - Who lives happily ever after in the Land of the Sky?

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Vote: UTDZac for not reading crucial game-info that was put in a different color for a reason >.> However, thank you for taking the triangles out of your name. Would have made it really hard to vote for you lol.

This is my.....10th game in here, or some such nonsense. I've played with about half of the players here before: Nix, Chibo, Rockin, rPSI (formerly RocketPSI, I presume?), Tiger, and Swords. I don't know any of you other people, which I'm kind of excited about. Don't get many chances to play with a WHOLE lot of newbies on SWF outside of a newbie game, and those only come around once in a blue moon.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
rPSI is the tag I use in actual Barwl matches. But yes, I am RocketPSIence.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
There's really no reason to vote UTD because of that kirb. What of not reading the entire OP makes you think he's scum?

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
It's not specifically the fact that he didn't read the whole OP. It's more of the fact that I kinda skimmed the OP as well, since I know the basic rules, but that lime text caught my eye, so I read it. The fact that he voted for Nix makes me think he skipped the OP altogether, or was hoping that at least someone else did. He prob didn't even click the link in his Role PM lol.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
I'll admit that reason was slightly weak. The answer to your question is that newbscum is simply more likely to skim the OP than newbtown is. Not sure why, but they are.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I'll admit that reason was slightly weak. The answer to your question is that newbscum is simply more likely to skim the OP than newbtown is. Not sure why, but they are.
I don't think skimming it is possible. Remember, Xiivi made sure everyone read the rules cause there was a certain confirmation way on how to do it. >>

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
Yea....but the rules were different then the flavor post <_< Im sure Zac wouldn't be the first one to just skim the flavor and not really pay attention to it.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
It's not specifically the fact that he didn't read the whole OP. It's more of the fact that I kinda skimmed the OP as well, since I know the basic rules, but that lime text caught my eye, so I read it. The fact that he voted for Nix makes me think he skipped the OP altogether, or was hoping that at least someone else did. He prob didn't even click the link in his Role PM lol.
1) I did click the link in my role PM
2) Even though I skimmed through the OP I sure as heck went back and re-read it, hence my realization that I missed something important.
3) I use a white skin, so the lime green didn't stand out to me as much. MOD EDIT: [REMOVED FOR RULE VIOLATION]

@Rockin: This is my third mafia game. I've enjoyed the first two I've played so far. I have yet to actually finish one though =(

MOD EDIT: 22) You may not post screenshots [print screens] or anything resembling a screenshot [print screen]. These will be edited out by the Game Moderator immediately.
¤This offense will result in a warning or possible immediate modkill on a case to case basis.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
OP =/= Flavor. I hardly ever even pay attention to flavor, I just happened to notice the lime green b/c I use a vanilla user skin instead of mod skin. It's an honest mistake and an experienced player like Kirbyoshi shouldn't have made that kind of mistake.
Vote: Kirbyoshi

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Saying UTD is noobscum for missing something in the OP makes absolutely no sense. It's either pushing useless blame onto someone trying to find an easy target, picking on a new player, etc. It's everything but good.

Vote Kirbyoshi

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I saw Kirbyoshi voting Zac(should I call you Zac or UTD?) as a way to try to pressure, which went completely wrong :p.

Either that, or it was an RVS (which, if I'm not mistaken, was unconfirmed by him when he gave reason for voting Zac).

My question to Kirbyoshi is, why did you choose such a weird reason to attempt to scumhunt?

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
Kirby! Show me the proof! You said it was more likely that scum would skim things, where do you get your information from hmm??? =p

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Heeeey. Is the Kirbyoshi wagon for real or is this still RVS man? Either way nobody else answer the questions directed towards him. Y'all should know that... but a reminder can't hurt. I was tempted to myself tbh ._.

@SRB, If me and Rockin was the scumteam in this game, it'd be Night 1 already. Or I guess Twilight 1 technically. We're that good.../bad.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Deadline has been set for August 11, 2010 11:59PM EST.

It's takes 7/12 to lynch!

Day 1 Vote Count 1:
GorditoBoy69: TigerWoods (
)
Kirbyoshi: SwordsRbroken, rPSI, vVv ChiboSempai (
)
Nix2100: (0)
Pierce7d: (0)
Rockin: Nix2100, Sold2 (
)
rPSI: (0)
Sir Bedevere: (0)
Sold2: (0)
SwordsRbroken: (0)
TigerWoods: GorditoBoy69 (
)
UTDZac: Kirbyoshi (
)
vVv ChiboSempai: (0)
Not Voting: Pierce7d, Rockin, Sir Bedevere, UTDZac (
)

UTDZac has received a warning for post #49.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I'm lol'ing at the irony of that warning.

Also, people only post screenshots if it's a rule not to post them. Like I've never seen them in a game without that rule...

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Thanks and sorry Xiivi. Pretty ironic, meh. I'll be more careful about my posts.

That's for making me defend myself and getting a warning (my fault but still).

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
I don't really get why tigerwoods just voted for kirbyoshi. From what i see, kirbyoshi was trying to get some discussion started. Zac's vote reeks of Oh-my-gosh-you-suck. Making you defend yourself is not a bad thing. Anyone who votes someone else for making them defend himself is weak. unvote Vote: Zac

@tiger woods, you say you added your vote for pressure. Why?

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
EBWOP: I mean that anyone who votes someone else for making him defend himself is weak. If everyone did this, we would never get anywhere!

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Zac: Defending yourself from votes, no matter how absurd the reason, is part of the game. Why do you hate it so much?

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
EBWOP: At first, it was just a feeler that I put out because I wasn't sure how Zac plays. But he responded fairly badly to it, and I want to know why.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I completely understand applying pressure with votes and getting responses out of people. Yeah that does make sense. I was more annoyed that, as a result, I ended up with a warning. It's not that big of a deal, but still annoying. And is it not still RVS?

@Kirbyoshi: you claim it was "just a feeler" to test my reaction. Couldn't I say the same thing about my vote towards you? I'm still fairly new to mafia games and learning quite a lot each and every time I play. I don't like using it as an excuse for "responding fairly badly" but you said you want to know why so there it is.

@rPSI: I don't quite understand your post "It's an honest mistake and an experienced player like Kirbyoshi shouldn't have made that kind of mistake." What mistake are you talking about?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
He shouldn't have jumped on a simple mistake like, in this instance, not entirely reading the flavor.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
RVS is whatever you want to think it is, it has no definite end. If you think the votes on you and Kirbyoshi are random, then we are. But if you feel that they are non-random, then perhaps not.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Ah ok thanks rPSI.

I just assumed RVS lasted the first 24hrs, but I guess it has no time boundaries. Now I know, thanks =)

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I'd say that we're definitely NOT in RVS.

To me, RVS is ended by true suspicion and real pressure, which was done to Kirbyoshi.

And lol, at least you just got a warning Zac.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
I don't really get why tigerwoods just voted for kirbyoshi. From what i see, kirbyoshi was trying to get some discussion started. Zac's vote reeks of Oh-my-gosh-you-suck. Making you defend yourself is not a bad thing. Anyone who votes someone else for making them defend himself is weak. unvote Vote: Zac

@tiger woods, you say you added your vote for pressure. Why?
I'm going to answer your question, with a question of one of your potential buddies.

Zac: Defending yourself from votes, no matter how absurd the reason, is part of the game. Why do you hate it so much?

I'm not saying you two are allied yet, but you do appear to be defending Kirbyoshi.

Just putting that out there... though I only have circumstancial evidence from few posts.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Unvote Zac, Vote: vVv ChiboSempai
This game isn't to the point yet where we need a definite leader. Why are you trying to take charge so early?

@Zac: You could use that excuse, but just for future reference, your vote on me is a pretty classic OMGUS (OMG You Suck), which, used in the classic sense (people have changed the meaning, but w/e) means voting someone just because they voted for you. It's considered a scumtell.

I didn't even know special mod skins existed btw. :p

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I hope you're not just implying post 69, you can't take a joke?

What else have I done commanding so far? I called you out on something and voted you. I also made a slight pun on activity because the game was moving too fast for a SONIC game.

You're grasping at major straws between me and UTD, and I can't help but feel your vote on me is somewhat OMGUS since I started the wagon on you.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
Hey now! The only one taking charge is the cleared townie...which is Me.....may not be the smartest thing ever...but Hey, It could be worse.....I think.

@Kirby - You again accuse Zac of having a scum tell, yet you vote Chibo for attempting to taking charge of the game....why?

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to answer your question, with a question of one of your potential buddies.

I'm not saying you two are allied yet, but you do appear to be defending Kirbyoshi.

Just putting that out there... though I only have circumstancial evidence from few posts.
buddying? I was stating my opinion, not buddying. Kirbyoshi may not have jumped on the best point, but we were still in the RVS. I've seen games where people get everyone out of the rvs by jumping on absurd points. So before you pin me down for buddying, read again.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
lol Swords started it?

Lol, nix was who i was going to RVS vote. xD

Vote: Kirbyoshi he's da scum.
From page 1. His RVS vote. he REALLY started it didn't he kirbyo?

followed by that was rpsi and me a couple pages later

OP =/= Flavor. I hardly ever even pay attention to flavor, I just happened to notice the lime green b/c I use a vanilla user skin instead of mod skin. It's an honest mistake and an experienced player like Kirbyoshi shouldn't have made that kind of mistake.
Saying UTD is noobscum for missing something in the OP makes absolutely no sense. It's either pushing useless blame onto someone trying to find an easy target, picking on a new player, etc. It's everything but good.

Vote Kirbyoshi
rpsi voted first but it was I who pushed what was actually (or at least what i found to be) scummy about it, the part I have bolded in the above quote.

what are you doooooing kirbyo

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
lol ok, I completely forgot Swords' vote was RVS, but wagons are independent of reasons. just because rPSI voted me for a different reason, doesn't make any less true the fact that his was the first SERIOUS vote on me. Again: why are YOU trying to take credit for it?

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
buddying? I was stating my opinion, not buddying. Kirbyoshi may not have jumped on the best point, but we were still in the RVS. I've seen games where people get everyone out of the rvs by jumping on absurd points. So before you pin me down for buddying, read again.
Like OSscum in DBZ, right? Or I guess Celloscum too... heh...

Huh... I don't follow your line of logic. Could you explain this better/again for me? As in, why that quote answers SRB's question.

@Kirbyo, first off, does attempting to lead town = scum?

Top Bottom