• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Support Signatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
Dear Sonic Boards,

as we all know, the SBR is not so smart about Sonic.
In recent weeks, I have been fighting for him and really pissing off the SBR.

Anyone that supports me should add this to their signature...

Top Tier:
Sonic
together, we can fight ignorance.

you love,
memphischains

p.s., im serious, add this to your sig.

soon enough, im getting a private talk with the sbr. i think i might ask some people to coem with me. I was thinking it was going to be in an IRC chat room, so yeah.

SIG IT.

p.p.s.

steak

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Guess it's time for a change... not even a picture is as gold as this quote.

Edit: ... How do I put other people directly into the quote?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Now here's some serious Sonic support.

This would never be possible without Hylian, so I thank you Hylian.

But I thank Memphis and Steak moar.

Trillion

Smash Ace
i dont think that Sonic is top tier, I think he should be more around the middle of mid tier. His lack of priority and disjointed hitboxes, the uber-suck homing attack, his predictability, his difficulty getting the kill, and the fact that he can get grab gimped (not as big a deal) make it hard for Sonic to perform as well as many other characters.

Good luck with the SBR. I think they are pretty ******** anyway. The entire discussion that they had about Sonic was based on misconceptions from people who have very little Sonic experience. Not that the injustice given to Sonic is the only problem that I have with them. I feel like they really don't do a SINGLE thing to help the smash community. If they know ANYTHING that the general public doesn't know, then they certainly have been too selfish to share it with the rest of us. Finally, I have a problem with how quickly they came out with a tier list. It was only a few monthes before they came out with the tier list and based on the discussions that they have about characters, it's clear that the tier list is bound to be flawed and full of biased opinions. The tier lists can shape how a new player approaches the game and even shape how people think of each character and the game overall. For the tier list to be developed so quickly with a huge lack of knowledge going into it they have forever shaped the future of brawl based solely upon their unqualified opinions.

If you DO get to talk with them, I'd appreciate it if you could copy paste the above paragraph to them.

Tenki

Smash Hero
?

They can go read it themselves.

I'm listening to the SBR podcast (downloaded) for the first time.

I have a o_O at some parts.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Oh by the way if you haven't already been told I herd tehy mentioned j00 soemtime in da pawdcast.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Oh hey, the character boards have finally reached over 1 million posts.

I think we're doing good.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I still haven't heard it.

They're talking about MK's unpunishable moves and what his 'most ranged' moves are. I heard some really weird quotes, like surviving Snake's U-air at 180% and him not having alot of range.

edit:
wtf? they talk about MK being able to 'nullify' the projectile issue because he can move so fast.

meanwhile, in matchup discussions, Sonic somehow succumbs to projectile camping.

wtfwtfs

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Yeah that whole podcast was a little...off...
I still can't believe this is your FIRST time listening to it.

You're going to have a blast.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
I love the sig.

If you get a private chat with the sbr, definitely take Tenki with you at the very least, for obvious reasons.

And I love the li'l cheap shots they got in there about Sonic. I think EddressPieces said something about Sonic having bad recovery, and then there was something else about Sonic when they talked about the tierlist... oh yeah, no options... so why the **** do we have more acronyms than the useful techs for Brawl itself?

Whatever, Sonic rocks.

Tenki

Smash Hero
And I love the li'l cheap shots they got in there about Sonic. I think EdreesesPieces said something about Sonic having bad recovery
Meh, he said "oh wait, bad example" right after he said that.

That's at least salvageable, unlike a certain other person who claimed elsewhere, without confirming it himself, that Sonic's dash attack does not pick up bananas.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Hylian presents: A rating of Dr. Pepper in Fast Food.

Top Tier:
Dairy Queen
McDonalds
Sonic

High:
JackInTheBox
Taco Bell
Wendys

Mid:
Burger King

Low:
Whataburger

Bottom:
Places that have Mr. Pibb instead.

Note: This has nothing to do with the food there and everything to do with how the Dr. Pepper tastes.
Hylian was also banned. Why he was banned I don't know.

Yes, quoting banned posters out of context will definantly make people take you seriously.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I just listened to the Sonic part lol.

I should post my mini transcript of it.

Browny

Smash Hater
probably since he went around locking threads that didnt deserve it. at least i think it was him who did it :/

aeghrur

Smash Champion
WTF!!! Chick-fil-let or w/e isn't on there. O=< WTF HYLIAN, WTF!!!
Yeah, I actually know what those are cuz i lived in texas before so awesome. :) There's no one who plays smash in MN though. :(

PhoenixoKaZe

Smash Ace
NNID
Toffykun
it`s sad, they r saying sonic has no options. Wtf?! can`t wait to prove them wrong lol XD ^^

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm not banned guys calm down lol.

I got joke banned by the Broom.

Also, LOL at all of you Quoting me out of context >_<.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
You know, you can't actually convince anyone that sonic is a serious threat in the tourney scene by getting the people the Broom ignored the first time to all quote a Broomer out of context on the subject.

You need to give them a reason to want to take a closer look at Sonic.

Any ideas? I got plenty, but all my most effective ideas are slightly irritating for everyone else.

For example, if all the sonic mainers crowded every Broom sponsered thread, taking character matchup discussions to the character of the week threads, constantly defending how Sonic should be a higher tier on the tier list with a lot of evidence, and basically participating in large amounts in every serious metagame thread, people would be forced by the Sonic community to recognize the strengths and weaknesses of Sonic, as they would not only be confronted with it daily, but Sonic would become a central topic to any meta game discussion.

Actually, if the Sonic boards did that all along, spreading technical Sonic information throughout smashboards in the first place, Sonic would have probably been taken more seriously.

So, who wants to explain to the "ban Metaknight" thread how the difference between Sonic's down B and side B affect the Sonic v. Metaknight matchup?

infomon

Smash Scientist
For example, if all the sonic mainers crowded every Broom sponsered thread, taking character matchup discussions to the character of the week threads, constantly defending how Sonic should be a higher tier on the tier list with a lot of evidence, and basically participating in large amounts in every serious metagame thread, people would be forced by the Sonic community to recognize the strengths and weaknesses of Sonic, as they would not only be confronted with it daily, but Sonic would become a central topic to any meta game discussion.
Holy crap, that's Mmac in a nutshell. One serious yoshi...

So, who wants to explain to the "ban Metaknight" thread how the difference between Sonic's down B and side B affect the Sonic v. Metaknight matchup?
I think most of us want him banned >.> lol

MK's so difficult to punish that not a lot is gained from baiting any of his moves from a safe side-B/down-B range. But I'm kinda n00b so iunno.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Yep! Except they all still disagree about one thing....... whether or not Yoshi sucks :psycho:

Edit: djbrowny beat me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom