• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Spin Dash Dance? as requested... CONFIRMED!

Infamaz

Smash Rookie
hey lonewolf are you free anytime during the day? so i can play you on wifi and you can maybe show me how its done

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
that explain how i was able to do the exact same thing but instead of a dsmash i did a u tilt

Marie_54

Smash Ace
Certainly. Lets say we're going left. I point left, charge down b a bit, watch sonic begin revving into a ball, and release. Sonic begins to change his animation from "kicking up dust" to "speeding off". In the few frames before sonic actually takes off, the ideal spindash cancel begins here, and sonic halts.

In our application, we're holding down left before the release, we tap Z in the last frames after sonic launches, and sonic gets an initial burst of speed that we carry over into an automatic roll. (Thats why we're holding down and left. As sonic begins to roll out, carry over into his down smash. Its a little like a roll motion with your thumb, then carry on to the RIGHT as sonic makes a pass to the right, left, and on his return back to the right. Hold Z again, tap right to roll to the right so his back is facing the right again, and proceed with another spin dash/cancel.

Think 2 steps forward, one step back.
Thanks i now have a better visual image of it.:) I'll try again soon; i hope i can atleast get more than half of it right.:laugh:

Edit- I can only cancel a spin dash directly into a roll... The d-smash then takes up a bit of lag.

I fail.:bee:

Lonewolf10787

Smash Cadet
Lol! Wow, guys... I leave for a little while to actually go to work and I come back to this? A proposal and several propositions?

I'm still having problems with getting online and staying online, and thanks to nintendo's updated wifi connectivity FAQ, they found another way to shift the blame on me.

I'll be more than willing to swap friend codes with anyone, but be warned-- now I'm dealing with nintendo's newly discovered NAT resolution problems! (Which as it turns out... has problems with daisychained routers/switches. Bummer.)

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wf...em=Wii&locale=en_US&action2.x=18&action2.y=29

The Error Code may be caused by connecting multiple routers together on your home network. "Chaining" multiple routers together may cause NAT negotiation problems. If you are experienced with configuring multiple routers together, then you will want to repeat the troubleshooting steps listed above for every router on your network. However, when setting up port forwarding and DMZ, use the IP address of the next device in the "chain" instead of the Wii's IP address.

A simpler solution that does not require configuring multiple routers would be to connect the Wii directly to the first router on the network (the router that is directly connected to the modem). If this first router is maintained by an administrator other than yourself, such as many routers found in office buildings, apartments, or dormitories, then you will need to contact the administrator for assistance.
Uh... you THINK? Sometimes I wonder if its worth it... then I get the ONE game in that breaks all that I know about smash. And it so is.

Rhambo

Smash Apprentice
Nice find! It seems really complicated, but I'm definately going to try and master it, even though I don't even main Sonic :chuckle: ...just want to impress my sonic maining friends... :chuckle:

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
two question one is can you do this with the side B second how can you do this on a gc cont you wrote hold down and left i dont understand that lol

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I'm really starting to wonder if it is or not, since I've asked several times for Lonewolf to send a replay, or at least his FC, and he doesn't even respond to my posts. =/

Aftermath

Smash Champion
The thing that makes me question it is how he says to cancel the spin dash after it's started. On both the overB and downB, you can't cancel either after you've let it go, and from what the steps are, it seems he's talking about the overB in the first step, which can be canceled, just not after it's released and you don't keep any momentum from it. I've tested each in training mode for quite a while on both 1/4 speed and normal, and still can't figure out what he's doing to cancel it, retain momentum, and be able to roll and dsmash. If anyone else is able to get past the first few steps I'm sure we'd all appreciate trying to recreate how he does this in more detail if he can't clear it up a bit more.

I might just be misreading a lot of it, but the way it's being described doesn't seem to work.

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
actually i havent been able to it either :urg: but i found it is possible to it on slants well sorta :ohwell:

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
The thing that makes me question it is how he says to cancel the spin dash after it's started. On both the overB and downB, you can't cancel either after you've let it go, and from what the steps are, it seems he's talking about the overB in the first step, which can be canceled, just not after it's released and you don't keep any momentum from it. I've tested each in training mode for quite a while on both 1/4 speed and normal, and still can't figure out what he's doing to cancel it, retain momentum, and be able to roll and dsmash. If anyone else is able to get past the first few steps I'm sure we'd all appreciate trying to recreate how he does this in more detail if he can't clear it up a bit more.

I might just be misreading a lot of it, but the way it's being described doesn't seem to work.
I'm assunming he means "jump cancel" when he says cancel.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
He says to hit Z, and given his setup and his clarification in the first post, Z is shield. Also, if you were to jump, you'd have momentum and have canceled it, but you wouldn't be able to start the dsmash, since you're in the air, and wouldn't be able to roll for the same reason. Has anyone been able to do what he said in response to Marie_54? I tried following the steps, but at least in my attempts, there doesn't appear to be a time where you can cancel the downB's takeoff with a shield.

The "wide" technique at first makes use of jumping to start a cancel, but then still says to use shield to cancel the overB and maintain momentum from it.

Edit: Just for my two cents into whether or not this is a hoax; I'd say that given the ridiculous nature of some of the things being found with Lucas, this really isn't out of the question. It could be that it only works with the nunchuk setup as he described, so someone should probably try that, I can't since I don't have the nunchuk attachment.

Lonewolf10787

Smash Cadet
Hey all, sorry for the delay-- I have to work, you know!

The only reason I haven't put up vids or sent replays has been my ongoing connectivity issues, and as of this afternoon, I went from a network drop to a connection denied.

I'm starting to think the issue is both on the routers we have in the building and any fixes nintendo is doing to the servers... but I'm boned either way until I at least get a connection. I can't find out my BC!

Also, I tried doing this with a GC controller after the request, and I can't pull it off either-- I think it only works with wiimote and nunchuck. I'll update the main post to reflect this.

Terminologies, as I'm going through the boards more, I'm finding better and better wording to describe the steps so I'll update the steps with a better vocabulary as I come across it.

I know its a stretch to just say "hey believe me", but I'm really doing the best I can to get this proven to you-- it is not a hoax.

I'll put my brawl code up on public once I actually get past the frakking connection screen. Sorry for the delay!

pichuthethundergod

Smash Cadet
I'm sure someone's asked already but is there a way to pull this off with the Wii nunchuck controller? I tried and can't figure it out without the c-stick.

Xepa

Smash Rookie
pichuthethundergod, we're trying to figure of if this is real or not first hahaha, then we'll answer your Q.

to the OP, go to a friend's house and play there. If not, if you live anywhere in Socal i will personally drive you to my house to upload the video :p

Marie_54

Smash Ace

I'm still very confused but i'll try to help by saying that you can cancel Sonic's side-b move directly into a shield or roll, after you let go of the Spin Dash, i think its around the frames with sonic spinning or around the first frame where he has a blue aura. The spin dash doesn't seem to give any momentum to the roll though and hasn't started yet...

Maybe thats what you were trying to say too... Its confusing:dizzy:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
using the c-stick actually becomes really simple if you turn shake smashing on. it gives the exact same functionality as the c-stick from melee. you might just have to turn the sensitivity on your wiimote down.

other than that i noticed the name of this thread... no offence but it cant really be said to be confirmed if you just come up here and say, i can do it! its confirmed!! you have to confirm it for all of us as well. hence my last post talking bout youtube or not confirmed

Lonewolf10787

Smash Cadet
This is the only reason I was reluctant about posting this, I really don't want it to fade into obscurity, but its looking that way.

Further clarification: I've only gotten this to work on wiimote/nunchuck setup.

We're still having router problems, and I've been getting boned on this one. I'm not the only one in the office that had a wii hooked up, but we're all having problems getting them online.

I'll modify the title of the thread if you really want, but I can't stress enough that this is possible and I'm doing the best I can to verify it for you. I'm at work right now, my wii still isn't online (as previously stated), I'm trying to find a vid cam someone around here to show.

Also, further clarification (thanks for pointing it out) it is the sideB initially, and not the downB that gets cancelled by the roll. I'll update the main to reflect that.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Oh, hey, if it's the side-b, we have more to work with, now. Lonewolf, give me your BFC, I'll PM you my Wii and BFC. To send replays, you only need to be online for like... 2-3 seconds, and you don't even need to be "online" online, if that makes sense. In other news, if you have an SD card, just save the .bin and send that to me, instead.

Also, just change it back to confirmed. PLAUSIBLE sounds silly, and da kid is a douche.

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
This is the only reason I was reluctant about posting this, I really don't want it to fade into obscurity, but its looking that way.

Further clarification: I've only gotten this to work on wiimote/nunchuck setup.

We're still having router problems, and I've been getting boned on this one. I'm not the only one in the office that had a wii hooked up, but we're all having problems getting them online.

I'll modify the title of the thread if you really want, but I can't stress enough that this is possible and I'm doing the best I can to verify it for you. I'm at work right now, my wii still isn't online (as previously stated), I'm trying to find a vid cam someone around here to show.

Also, further clarification (thanks for pointing it out) it is the sideB initially, and not the downB that gets cancelled by the roll. I'll update the main to reflect that.
if your really that stressed i will do my best to pull it off with the gc controller i want to be able to pull it off as well so helping only speeds things up :)
if i do master it i will put a replay up

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Not trying to fuel the fire here... but unless i was half dead in my 4:00AM stupor of online smashing, in a ffa 2 min anonymous match.. i did fight a sonic.. and he did do this wierd tech like.. fluid consistent movment on the ground... but it was on Hyrule Temple.. on the part on the upper left, just beneath the top high ledge..and he did it a short period before hitting the stairs and he stopped.. maybe i was too sleepy to process it correctly, and there was slight lag, but it may have been the same player

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Tried it with the nunchuck, can't get it like that, either. D: D: D:

This sounds like something that would REALLY step Sonic's game up. Need to figure it out, ASAP.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
Hey just to clarify, LoneWolf always said Spin Dash, and Spin Dash is side-b.
Down-b is Spin Charge.

But no worries, I honestly had to check the dojo before i started to try to practice this move because i couldn't remember which was which.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Also, just change it back to confirmed. PLAUSIBLE sounds silly, and da kid is a douche.
lawl... kind of a QFT there. :)
wasnt trying to be a douche, i was just trying to point out that there are other ways to get video footage to the masses besides an SD card. hence the youtube statement. so just throwin it out there, if online isnt workin thru your wii you could just do a camcorder vid and throw it on youtube. even if its really rough, it better than nothing right?

and @ izzy: i wasnt the only one who said this, why you pickin on me son? :(
w/e. no johns

Xepa

Smash Rookie
I can't believe all of our chains got jerked like that...

Enochuout

Smash Journeyman
Neat, I just read through 6 pages of posts looking for the "confirmation" of this tactic... only to find absolutely no substantial material here whatsoever.

Boxob

Smash Champion
Someone really should just close this thread. in the event that anyone does it (which they won't) The can post video evidence of the existence of this technique.

Top Bottom