• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
Gez, I haven't been in here for a bit ( and by a bit I mean a couple of days)

Anyway, how are all you Sonic mains this fine day?

Excited for June 14th?
Excited? Eh, not much. Lucas is not overly hype for me and Arin (Egoraptor) being in the World Championships killed my hype for that too.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Has anyone seen this?

View attachment 55938

I personally think it's fake since it's just too good to be true, but it would be nice either way.
It's also suspicious because it's literally just the Lost World art, but it would make sense just to recycle it so it's still not totally out of the question.

:093:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Excited? Eh, not much. Lucas is not overly hype for me and Arin (Egoraptor) being in the World Championships killed my hype for that too.
Aw, that's a shame to hear. I'm excited to hear what new stuff Sakurai is going to announce.

Has anyone seen this?

View attachment 55938

I personally think it's fake since it's just too good to be true, but it would be nice either way.
Still pretty nifty though.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Yeah, Sonic has been on a roll on Twitter.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Gez, I haven't been in here for a bit ( and by a bit I mean a couple of days)

Anyway, how are all you Sonic mains this fine day?

Excited for June 14th?
I dunno, I kind of expect the direct being something like "we're not gonna patch the game anymore lols".

Hopefully, I'm wrong.

Tenki

Smash Hero
maaaan I went to my first tournament in months.

I was super nervous at first, but then I started to get the feeling back after a few wins.

It started coming back to me, and it came back so hard that I lost both stocks in a round from BSBS:
- rolled off top smashville platform onto main platform --> death
- SDJ b-air --> where's my double jump --> death

I also forgot F-air has a longer cooldown than U-air now so habit from spring -> f-air made me miss a key ledgegrab and I lost for good xD

so embarrassing ahaha

Almost made my money back too :;

Superbat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Superbat3
Yeah, Sonic has been on a roll on Twitter.

YOOOOO THE SONIC TWITTER IS HYPE AS FKKK. Like where has this been in my life tho? (THAT FIRE AND ICE TWEET THO) Glad were getting a non mobile sonic game. With Sonic Runners, I kinda got worried that the Sonic series would degenerate into a ****ty mobile series.
Sonic console reaction In E3 would be ----->

^ That profile tho.
Meme boys in sonic twitter

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I mean the Miiverse post said that it would only go over the details of the Lucas patch (patch notes maybe?) but on the other hand Sakurai is a unpredictable **** lol.
Hm, I guess you're right.

Plus its just come out that Sakurai will explain in detail the content of Super Smash Bros at E3

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You guys ever wonder what it means to go fast? :applejack:
Also, I just realized I hit 30K posts. Help.

Last edited:

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
Yeah, like, I'm not against characters returning, but it's not like... "Hype". Just like, oh, neat. Guess I have to spend money on that...

I messed with Lucas but always found Ness more fun.

I really miss Brawl Ness Bair and Dair ;_;

Definitely.

I'll also feel this way with Fox to Wolf when Wolf inevitably gets confirmed to be DLc
Why? What is it with Sonic fans wanting to play all the bad games in the franchise so badly?
I personally have different opinions than many in regards to entertainment. I mostly listen to hardcore punk and the Water Temple was my absolute favorite zelda dungeon ever. Sonic games I also have different opinions on. I've been playing the PS3 version of Unleashed recently and not only have I enjoyed the daytime levels, but I also habe been enjoying the nighttime levels due to their encouragement of exploration for medals and extra lives. Most people would disagree with me, but I've been enjoying this game a lot so **** everyone who disagrees. I also enjoyed Heroes, and didn't think Sonic 06 was the worst game in the series (I still haven't beaten it yet). The only main Sonic games I haven't played or beaten yet are ps3 Unleashed (already about halfway done and started earlier this week), Sonic 4 (final boss of episode 1), Sonic 06, wii u Sonic Lost World (have played 3ds Lost World), and Shadow the Hedgehog if it counts.

Also with the main series, Secret Rings and Black Knight and Sonic Boom don't count. They're spinoffs. That being said, Sonic and the Black Knight is godawful and discouraged me from getting Secret Rings.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Definitely.

I'll also feel this way with Fox to Wolf when Wolf inevitably gets confirmed to be DLc

I personally have different opinions than many in regards to entertainment. I mostly listen to hardcore punk and the Water Temple was my absolute favorite zelda dungeon ever. Sonic games I also have different opinions on. I've been playing the PS3 version of Unleashed recently and not only have I enjoyed the daytime levels, but I also habe been enjoying the nighttime levels due to their encouragement of exploration for medals and extra lives. Most people would disagree with me, but I've been enjoying this game a lot so **** everyone who disagrees. I also enjoyed Heroes, and didn't think Sonic 06 was the worst game in the series (I still haven't beaten it yet). The only main Sonic games I haven't played or beaten yet are ps3 Unleashed (already about halfway done and started earlier this week), Sonic 4 (final boss of episode 1), Sonic 06, wii u Sonic Lost World (have played 3ds Lost World), and Shadow the Hedgehog if it counts.

Also with the main series, Secret Rings and Black Knight and Sonic Boom don't count. They're spinoffs. That being said, Sonic and the Black Knight is godawful and discouraged me from getting Secret Rings.
Sonic Unleashed is one of the best Sonic games period, and one of my favourite games of all time. It's such an expansive game and so fun to play.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I enjoy Heroes. Very flawed, but still fun. It's the kind of game you shouldn't overdose on though, or it gets a bit boring.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Heroes was actually the game that got me into Sonic big time. I liked him before but that game was when I became a devout follower of the Sonic franchise, and have been ever since.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Heroes was my first Sonic game too, I loved it even though it was the PS2 version. I did later get the much superior GameCube version.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Heroes was my first Sonic game too, I loved it even though it was the PS2 version. I did later get the much superior GameCube version.
Same boat for me, I had the PS2 version for years, haha. I now have both the GC and PC versions, though.

My first Sonic game was actually the very first game in the series I played, as my neighbours at the time had a SEGA Mega Drive. I also was watching AoSTH as early as 2 years of age. Heroes was what made me a dedicated fan though (I was restricted to Playstation consoles for the longest).

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
That's the spirit sir. And I also enjoyed Sonic Heroes (on the Xbox I think). I need to get a copy of Unleashed...
I bought it on amazon slightly used for like 5-20$. It's pretty cheap online, like most Sonic games.
Heroes was actually the game that got me into Sonic big time. I liked him before but that game was when I became a devout follower of the Sonic franchise, and have been ever since.
Heroes was the first one I actually played but that was as a little kid and I only did multiplayer with my brother (who ironically, now hates Sonic and thinks I brainwash myself into liking the games). I got it later on, still for the Gamecube (ps3 is my only non nintendo console ever). Wii Unleashed and Colors got me to start to get more interested after loving Sonic in Brawl (used to never play anyone else) and 3ds Generations was the first Sonic game I beat. However, I didn't get really into Sonic until I played Sonic 1 on an emulator on my tablet (touch screens suck but I had save states). Since then, Sonic has become tied with Smash as my favorite video game franchise.

Although honestly, most of the spinoffs I've played suck.

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
Heroes was my first Sonic game so I do have a bit of a soft spot for it. But looking at the game playing it 7 years later I can see that it has flaws. Some flaws that are hard to ignore like the control, Having to play the game 4 times and Team Chaotix in general. Honestly now I barely ever go back to play that game because I just can't have fun playing it as much as I used to thanks to it's major problems. It will always have a place in my heart for introducing me to this awesome franchise but not as a game I enjoy. At best it's meh for me but I can understand why you guys would like it too(Also doesn't help that I own the crappy PS2 version with the crappy framerate which just adds fuel to the fire for me).

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I bought it on amazon slightly used for like 5-20$. It's pretty cheap online, like most Sonic games.

Heroes was the first one I actually played but that was as a little kid and I only did multiplayer with my brother (who ironically, now hates Sonic and thinks I brainwash myself into liking the games). I got it later on, still for the Gamecube (ps3 is my only non nintendo console ever). Wii Unleashed and Colors got me to start to get more interested after loving Sonic in Brawl (used to never play anyone else) and 3ds Generations was the first Sonic game I beat. However, I didn't get really into Sonic until I played Sonic 1 on an emulator on my tablet (touch screens suck but I had save states). Since then, Sonic has become tied with Smash as my favorite video game franchise.

Although honestly, most of the spinoffs I've played suck.
As far as spin-offs go, I'd say the best ones are Sonic Battle and the Sonic Advance/Sonic Rush games. And the Sonic & SEGA Racing games, of course. The second one is even better than Mario Kart 8, IMO.

I also am quite fond of the storybook games, though I won't deny the gameplay to be flawed. They have problems. However, they are near perfection in every other aspect (story, characterisation, visuals, music, etc).

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
It's a surprisingly fun/deep for a GBA fighting game, and it has one of the best storylines in any Sonic game period (the story is presented like an RPG). It can be repetitive at times, but it's really fun.
Huh, interesting. Never played battle before but the gameplay from what I saw doesn't look that interesting (but then again watching a game is a lot different than playing it). Maybe I should look into it sometime.

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
As far as spin-offs go, I'd say the best ones are Sonic Battle and the Sonic Advance/Sonic Rush games. And the Sonic & SEGA Racing games, of course. The second one is even better than Mario Kart 8, IMO.

I also am quite fond of the storybook games, though I won't deny the gameplay to be flawed. They have problems. However, they are near perfection in every other aspect (story, characterisation, visuals, music, etc).
I really like the songs Knight of the Wind, With me, and Fight the Knight. The other music I don't remember. I loved the story for the Black Knight, it seemed like the perfect mix between edgy and light hearted (although Caliburn was annoying). I never played Secret Rings so I can't comment on it. I really hated the gameplay of Black Knight with the awkward camera angle and non functional homing attack and ridiculous waggle. I don't want to get Secret Rings because it seems the same.

My friend lent me Rush and I haven't played it at all due to my 3ds ****ing up badly. Another friend and I were at a video game store and he was willing to buy me Shadow the Hedgehog which I haven't played yet. I really do want to try the Advance and Rush games, although I might have to play them on an emulator. Same with Battle.

Also, what do you guys think of Project M Sonic? I love how he feels but I hate not being able to spinshot out of side b.

Top Bottom