• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
i'm gonna CP miiverse just so i can troll people while i win without needing to taunt due to the constant influx of sonic miiverse memes. Imagine if miiverse people were able to spectate matches and post live to miiverse. That would be soooo amazing.

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
The miiverse stage is cool and all but I really wanna know what happened to that tournament mode sakurai announced like last year that we haven't heard anything about since. I've been brainstorming ideas for that mode and I'm hoping that they make it like MK8's tournaments (minus the whole play your matches whenever you want) with leaderboards to emphasize the competitive nature of it(Spectator mode would be nice to).
\

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
good just what we needed

:093:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Let's all think about this for a minute. It could've been worse than this. I'm glad we got this Fire and Ice thing and not anything hinting to a second sonic rep in Smash as DLC. If that would've happened, I'd seriously stop playing the game.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Let's all think about this for a minute. It could've been worse than this. I'm glad we got this Fire and Ice thing and not anything hinting to a second sonic rep in Smash as DLC.
Honestly, I'd prefer that, and I'm a person who's against Ryu because I think a third party company should get just one character in Smash.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Honestly, I'd prefer that, and I'm a person who's against Ryu because I think a third party company should get just one character in Smash.
Good to know I'm not the only one here who's against it.

I remember getting called "Rude" just for telling a Knuckles support thread that I don't like the idea. Can you believe that?

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
Well, I guess we will get an answer to that soon enough. They did pull off the greatness of Sonic and the Black Knight after Secret Rings was such a drag.
Lol what? Sonic and the black knight was far from anything related to the word great. Better than secret rings sure but it still isn't a much better game. As for the new Sonic Boom game, it definetly looks more streamlined and linear than crystal was so that's good I guess. We'll just have to wait and see what they do to make it better than the last game.

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
Lol what? Sonic and the black knight was far from anything related to the word great. Better than secret rings sure but it still isn't a much better game. As for the new Sonic Boom game, it definetly looks more streamlined and linear than crystal was so that's good I guess. We'll just have to wait and see what they do to make it better than the last game.
I mean it had a MUCH better OST at least, Secret Rings OST was eh at best, especially for a Sonic game.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Lol what? Sonic and the black knight was far from anything related to the word great. Better than secret rings sure but it still isn't a much better game.

Compared to Secret Rings, Black Knight is a CLASSIC. First time they put in British accents to the characters, medieval times fit in great, references to other classics. Sounds great to me.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Black Knight was the first main console Sonic game I skipped entirely because of how much Secret Rings disappointed me.

Icy Hot Boom will probably be pretty decent, tbh, since the first 3DS one wasn't bad. It just doesn't matter though.

When are we getting Sonic Runners?

I hope they announce a real Sonic game at E3.

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
I don't know if this is true or not but I remember hearing a rumor about this sonic ggame called "Sonic Mach2" being on a sonic character's voice acting page(pretty sure it was orbot btw). Someone even asked izuka about it and he said to be paitent for more info probably coming at E3.

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
I don't know if this is true or not but I remember hearing a rumor about this sonic ggame called "Sonic Mach2" being on a sonic character's voice acting page(pretty sure it was orbot btw). Someone even asked izuka about it and he said to be paitent for more info probably coming at E3.
Yea Izuka also said it wasnt being made by Sonic Team, then the listing was removed and Rouges English VA got a game called Sonic II on her page, god knows whats going on.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Sonic Mach 2 is likely the Sonic Boom game that was announced today.

Don't know about the Rouge thing with Sonic II. But for all we know it could also be related to this too. Depends whether or not we come across what Rouge looks like in Sonic Boom through concept art like how Shadow and Metal Sonic were discovered.

I think the same page also had Sonic Anniversary on it too though. Which would likely be related to something in 2016.

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
Sonic Mach 2 is likely the Sonic Boom game that was announced today.

Don't know about the Rouge thing with Sonic II. But for all we know it could also be related to this too. Depends whether or not we come across what Rouge looks like in Sonic Boom through concept art like how Shadow and Metal Sonic were discovered.

I think the same page also had Sonic Anniversary on it too though. Which would likely be related to something in 2016.
I highly doubt that's the case considering that If rouge was going to show up they probably would've hinted it in the trailer seeing that they did the same with Metal and Shadow. There also hasn't been any sort of hints or evidence to even suggest that rouge was gonna show up at some point in the franchise.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Black Knight was the first main console Sonic game I skipped entirely because of how much Secret Rings disappointed me.

Icy Hot Boom will probably be pretty decent, tbh, since the first 3DS one wasn't bad. It just doesn't matter though.

When are we getting Sonic Runners?

I hope they announce a real Sonic game at E3.

Well, if I recall correctly from when I saw a Let's Play of Secret Rings, it controlled Sonic moving left or right by tilting the Wii remote, meaning there's no nunchuck at all.

They got rid of that crap in Black Knight. It's literally Sonic the Hedgehog Twilight Princess in a sense.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace

Never played it nor do I intend to, though.

On a side note: goddammit Splatoon sucking up my free time (and BSBS tutorial video time).

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
Depends. Can you answer it? :applejack:
Yes, actually. When most people hear about how bad a game is they usually look for a review or gameplay footage of it and if what they see is as bad as people said then they would make sure to never buy that game ever and steer as far away from it as possible. Sonic fans on the other hand are all like "Hey, that new Sonic game looks pretty bad. Better go buy it so I can play a ****** game, never touch it again and hate myself for buying it in the first place." You guys are a bunch of Weirdos.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
That's quite the generalization.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Wow.

This is where I wish there wasn't a 10 character limit. There's beauty in a lot of things. I mean, people would look at me weird for liking Shadow the Hedgehog (the game), but, flaws aside I enjoyed it for my own reasons. Not just a Sonic thing btw. I didn't mind FFIV: The After Years either.

[EDIT]

Oh, and Final Fantasy XIII. There's a big one.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Gez, I haven't been in here for a bit ( and by a bit I mean a couple of days)

Anyway, how are all you Sonic mains this fine day?

Excited for June 14th?

Top Bottom