• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

cerealkiller

Smash Journeyman
This is actually more about Pika than Sonic, so it didn't go in the video archive. Also, that's not me.
Hitbox dysfunction.

Funny comment on youtube: "This wasn't actually a glitch. Sonic's so fast, he was able to rush over to Pikachu to deliver that punch and return back to the same spot without us being able to see it!"

Last edited:

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
This is actually more about Pika than Sonic, so it didn't go in the video archive. Also, that's not me.
Hitbox dysfunction.

Funny comment on youtube: "This wasn't actually a glitch. Sonic's so fast, he was able to rush over to Pikachu to deliver that punch and return back to the same spot without us being able to see it!"
I love this so much, Pikas QA hurtbox is so hillarious.

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
Spinshot eats your double jump anyway so BSBS wouldn't come into play.

For Down-B (ASC) Spinshot, you can Spinshot at any point during the charge so you can do it pretty much as early or as late as you want.

:093:
So you can only spinshot during the charge? I thought you meant during the roll. That doesn't help much since I play 3ds just as much as wii u.

BTW, my 3ds screen cracked somehow. It's still playable but I want to get a new one. What should I do?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Sorry, meant I love your avatar.

Though I still love you :3.
I knew it...
Hitbox dysfunction.

lmao

get wrekt
So you can only spinshot during the charge? I thought you meant during the roll. That doesn't help much since I play 3ds just as much as wii u.
Nope, just the charge.

What I was describing earlier is the ability to move around while charging Down-B as opposed to Side-B.
BTW, my 3ds screen cracked somehow. It's still playable but I want to get a new one. What should I do?
Get the NEW Nintendo 3DS XL.

Actually, I really want the not XL version. Thanks America.

Also I have Splatoon and an Inkling Girl amiibo~

They also had a Pac-Miibo there so I got it too because hey alright!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Going for another tourney today! Wish me luck!

[EDIT]

Yes! Another tourney win! I'll post the results when I get home.

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master

Looks like Sonic and Mario will be competing for gold for the fifth time. Nothing too big I know since by now it's kind of lost the novelty a long while ago (The only one of the series I actually own is the first one, the novelty of that game is off the charts even if it's not even the best game of the series. Both Vancouver 2010 and London 2012 were much better. Given it was the first official game by release date to have both Mario and Sonic in the same game. Even predating Brawl. It still holds a special part of Video Game history)

(I like the artwork in this promotional banner though)

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
Not gonna lie, the poster might end up being the best thing about the game, the quality of it is amazing (And Sonic and Mario finally look like their competing rather than playing around for fun)

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
The thing I look forward to the most with these games is the awesome remixes.
I love that render of Mario and Sonic though

Wait a minute....

There might be a line of amiibo for this...

oh no.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Im honestly just not a big fan of the render they used for smash 4, something about it has always thrown me off about it...and personally im not a fan of any figures that have to use additional support to get it to stand right.
I personally love Sonic's render, I like that he's running in his pose, instead of standing. As for the amiibo, when it comes to the support, I just hate it when the support plastic is colored

Last edited:

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
I personally love Sonic's render, I like that he's running in his pose, instead of standing. As for the amiibo, when it comes to the support, I just hate it when the support plastic is colored
Yea the fact Link is the only amiibo I own might be what's annoying me about the stands, but I guess im indifferent to the pose, I prefer ones that are still instead of looking like they are mid attack or something unless it fits in with every other render

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
By the way guys I beat ALSM and Denti this weekend with custom Sonic. Hammer Spin Dash is stupid and Stomp is godlike. First custom event ever too. First 2 stock event ever. Got 2nd in Singles and with Megafox won dubs.

I already miss 3 stock no customs. :applejack:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Holy ****, the new Olympic games render is actually awesome.

I saw you guys talking and I was like, how cool could it be, but it's totally awesome. I really dig how Sonic looks.

Also, the Sonic amiibo is pretty legit. I think his render for Smash 4 is great, except the eyes are maybe just a little off for me. Regardless I like that it's a running pose with the spike silhouette, unlike Brawl. Looking back, the Brawl stock icon for Sonic is kind of **** in comparison to Smash 4's. No silhouette is lame.

:sonic:
:4sonic:
By the way guys I beat ALSM and Denti this weekend with custom Sonic. Hammer Spin Dash is stupid and Stomp is godlike. First custom event ever too. First 2 stock event ever. Got 2nd in Singles and with Megafox won dubs.

I already miss 3 stock no customs. :applejack:
Congrats, and I've been feeling this as well.

I'm so anti-customs. I'm just over it. 2-stock I don't hate but lately I've been enjoying 3-stock...

I'll play either though as long as we can just ban customs forever. Geez.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon

I saw you guys talking and I was like, how cool could it be, but it's totally awesome. I really dig how Sonic looks.

I never knew I needed Luigi angrily playing table tennis, thank you

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I never knew I needed Luigi angrily playing table tennis, thank you
Luigi's gotten pretty angry this past year...

Wow, literally the anniversary of this video just came and went. What timing.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
How are you all today?

Also, the Sonic amiibo is pretty legit. I think his render for Smash 4 is great, except the eyes are maybe just a little off for me. Regardless I like that it's a running pose with the spike silhouette, unlike Brawl. Looking back, the Brawl stock icon for Sonic is kind of **** in comparison to Smash 4's. No silhouette is lame.

:sonic:
:4sonic:
Whoa, that is pretty. Imagine if that is what Sonic looks like in the next Sonic game (if there is one)

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I need to beat Awakening so I can get If...

My imouto is waiting for me.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Casual as crap. Classic Lunatic on Awakening is the only mode I've been playing on and that's 3easy5me. :awesome:
Well I sorry :c. Awakening is my first and only Fire Emblem game I have played, so I am still sort of getting used to the permi death feature.

I need to beat Awakening so I can get If...

My imouto is waiting for me.

Well, you don't have to. If is set in an entirely different world and not connected to Awakening as far as we know. Plus, if you are worried about the difficulty, there is always Phoenix mode :p

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I definitely feel like I wouldn't be playing FE right if my units didn't suffer the consequences.

Even though I hard reset like all the time.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Perma-death is what makes FE FE imo, kind of pointless without it.
I've played every single FE the only one I haven't finished yet is RD
and I'm going to say, there's more missing then permadeath to make an actual FE game out of awakening
oh, and awakening is pointless :secretkpop:
like as a whole

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Perma-death is what makes FE FE imo, kind of pointless without it.
I don't why, but very time one of my units die in Classic, I can help but reset. I don't why, maybe because ei just upset that my bad tactics costed them their lives....

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Wow! We're still talking about Fire Emblem?

I just beat Chapter 25, and I imagine the day I face the Black Knight may be sooner than I thought. I just hope they don't manage to release the dark God from the medallion

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
So have any of you guys bought something online from Japan but used a third party to deliver the product to your location? I'm asking because Capcom Japan doesn't deliver outside of Japan.

Top Bottom