• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Have you tried to git gud?

:093:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I actually find the timing easier to do in the b reverse
Maybe I'm making it more complicated than it is?

I was able to do ISDJ and Turnaround just fine after practice, but B-Reverse was giving me hell. I pulled it off like twice.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Maybe I'm making it more complicated than it is?

I was able to do ISDJ and Turnaround just fine after practice, but B-Reverse was giving me hell. I pulled it off like twice.

pfft I wish I had your problem then, plain ISDJ is only about 40-50% consistency and I've been working on it for a while now
the inputs for the b reverse are more complicated but you can get a rhythm to them (only reason I fail like the filth I am is because I'm bad at the :GCB: to :GCA: timing)

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
pfft I wish I had your problem then, plain ISDJ is only about 40-50% consistency and I've been working on it for a while now
the inputs for the b reverse are more complicated but you can get a rhythm to them (only reason I fail like the filth I am is because I'm bad at the :GCB: to :GCA: timing)
I get the plain ISDJ nearly 100% by sliding my thumb from B-A, try that

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So not long after I got out of the hospital, I stumbled across this, and I've been singing the song in the shower ever since.

Having not played Sonic '06 before, I do see how it relates to Silver at the very least, but it sounds kinda like Owl City could've done the original.

Last edited:

cerealkiller

Smash Journeyman
I've noticed something interesting lately.
Until recently, I only played Sonic, now I have a secondary, Marth. Lately I mostly use Marth, to improve. And I've found out that I have more fun playing with Marth than with Sonic. But everytime I find a tough opponent and constantly loose, I switch to Sonic and just wreck them all. So yes, for me Marth is a much more fun character (don't hate me guys... Sonic is still my hero) and probably because he's limited I have to think a lot more and be much more creative to survive. But as Sonic I just feel all mighty powerful!! And I probably am not even a good Sonic at all.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
It's fun taking breaks from Sonic.

But then going back to Sonic is so much more fun.

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
Fireball is really good though.

Seriously, you force approach with Fireball and pressure at the same time. You can limit Spins and control the pace of neutral. Luigi's Nair breaks out of combos and he is a combo fiend himself. Only major advantage Sonic has against Luigi is edgeguarding.

Yes it is.

Depends. Spin Charge gives you more aerial mobility while you're charging. Sometimes I'll use Down-B offstage to keep drifiting to the stage, but then cancel it into a Spinshot. Side-B stops you wherever you are in the air.

So basically, I prefer Down-B when I'm farther away and Side-B when I'm at the right distance to snap to the ledge.

You can do a spin shot in the middle of ASC? Or is it just a faux spin shot with the hitbox around it?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
You can do a spin shot in the middle of ASC?
Yes you can.

You can only Down-B Spinshot from the air anyway.
Or is it just a faux spin shot with the hitbox around it?
That's the ground version if you try to Spinshot with Down-B… aka Lazy Spinshot I guess, lol. More accurately, it's like an Instant Spin Jump.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
So I begrudgingly bought a Wii U at long last, meaning I don't have to play sporadically at my local. So if anyone wants to do that online thing, let me know.

I also entered a SSB4 tournament a while back at my local. The 32 man, single elimination standard afar. Somehow I won it going all Sonic despite not playing smash seriously in years.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Sounds like a solid region…

I got by pretty well at launch with Sonic being all around better, knowing the character, and no one else knowing the character but dying early now.

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
Yes you can.

You can only Down-B Spinshot from the air anyway.

That's the ground version if you try to Spinshot with Down-B… aka Lazy Spinshot I guess, lol. More accurately, it's like an Instant Spin Jump.

That's call that you can delay the ASC spinshot. I'll see if I can try it. Is there a window where you can do it before BSBS activates?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
That's call that you can delay the ASC spinshot. I'll see if I can try it. Is there a window where you can do it before BSBS activates?
Spinshot eats your double jump anyway so BSBS wouldn't come into play.

For Down-B (ASC) Spinshot, you can Spinshot at any point during the charge so you can do it pretty much as early or as late as you want.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Sounds like a solid region…

I got by pretty well at launch with Sonic being all around better, knowing the character, and no one else knowing the character but dying early now.

The Shiek I fought in the finals was solid though. I found playing another fighting game quite helpful in terms of fundamentals, so hopefully that will carry over.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
The Shiek I fought in the finals was solid though. I found playing another fighting game quite helpful in terms of fundamentals, so hopefully that will carry over.
I definitely feel that too. I think it's beneficial if new players played every Smash game proficiently as well as experimented with other games, just to get a better understanding of how to widely apply concepts…

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I have the second. It was the most 50/50 game I've ever played. Some gameplay was awesome some of it was really bad
Eh, they're both pretty okay games. I'd recommend Lost World Wii U over Generations 3DS though.
I've only played Lost World on 3ds and I did enjoy. Though on the Wii U version, are there any levels were you are force to play as a Wisp for the entire level?

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I've only played Lost World on 3ds and I did enjoy. Though on the Wii U version, are there any levels were you are force to play as a Wisp for the entire level?
wisps were never fully forced. but there are slow auto scrollers, everyone's favorite in sonic games

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Would you recommend getting them?
I actually really enjoyed Lost World, it had its frustrating moments, but it was a good time.

Generations 3DS is okay, but it's a major missed opportunity. It should have went through Sonic's handheld history, instead, we got only one handheld stage (two if you count Tropical Resort).

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I actually really enjoyed Lost World, it had its frustrating moments, but it was a good time.

Generations 3DS is okay, but it's a major missed opportunity. It should have went through Sonic's handheld history, instead, we got only one handheld stage (two if you count Tropical Resort).
Nice.

Hm, that is disappoint to hear. I just really want to get a Sonic game for the handheld. I had Colours and Rush for DS, but I sold them because I could never complete a certain level. I regretted the decision weeks later.

wisps were never fully forced. but there are slow auto scrollers, everyone's favorite in sonic games
Do you mean in the 3ds version or Wii U. Because I can name a few levels in the handheld version that do exactly that.

Wait, the are auto scroll levels in Lost World? What the heck?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
@ Camalange Camalange Love you avatar XD.
Love you too.

;)

Not as much as Squid Girl though~
Anyway, question.

Do any of you guys have Sonic Generation 3ds or Sonic Lost World Wii U?
I have both.

I personally really liked Lost World Wii U. It has hiccups, but overall a really solid game imo.

Generations 3DS is nice but comparing it to the console version makes it pale, whereas 3DS Lost World is much worse from the Wii U version...

3DS Generations still good.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Love you too.

;)

Not as much as Squid Girl though~
Sorry, meant I love your avatar.

Though I still love you :3.

I have both.

I personally really liked Lost World Wii U. It has hiccups, but overall a really solid game imo.

Generations 3DS is nice but comparing it to the console version makes it pale, whereas 3DS Lost World is much worse from the Wii U version...

3DS Generations still good.

Hm, now I am really considering getting Sonic Lost World Wii U. Thanks

Still might get Generations 3D, though I'll also get the PC version.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Nice.

Hm, that is disappoint to hear. I just really want to get a Sonic game for the handheld. I had Colours and Rush for DS, but I sold them because I could never complete a certain level. I regretted the decision weeks later.

Do you mean in the 3ds version or Wii U. Because I can name a few levels in the handheld version that do exactly that.

Wait, the are auto scroll levels in Lost World? What the heck?
for the wisps I mean in the wii u version

and no really
look at this
someone said this was ok
but outside of a few really bad levels the game is really good

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
for the wisps I mean in the wii u version

and no really
look at this
someone said this was ok
but outside of a few really bad levels the game is really good
Oh, okay :)

Wait, is sonic fly or skydiving and moving forward?

Never mind, still looks like a bad level. Why didn't that have Tails fly the biplane or something like that, similar to that level in Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (I think) That would have made more sense.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Oh, okay :)

Wait, is sonic fly or skydiving and moving forward?

Never mind, still looks like a bad level. Why didn't that have Tails fly the biplane or something like that, similar to that level in Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (I think) That would have made more sense.
they do have a stage like that too

Top Bottom