• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Yackabean

"He's shooting arrows out his butt" ~ Scotland
NNID
jack1996
3DS FC
3539-9728-7714
Yea after the patch dropped @ Yackabean Yackabean found this, he was salty as ****
It makes no sense lmao.
I found this out slightly before the patch though and right after Hypespotting.
Gladly I'll live to about 140% from the closest to the ledge. So that's aight if you ask me.

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
So steakiest?
No, kinkiest.
Most of my past relationships haven't gone too well so I haven't been too motivated as of late. I should probably change that.

:0

scary

Oh yeah, I've been drinking too and still am right now lol.

I actually know Spanish quite decently and have been thinking of improving it as well... I also want to learn Japanese. I just wish I knew more languages :/ It's such a cool ability to have.

I already know how to drive as I was raised in PA but in NY I don't really need to...

Thank you <3

You are cool.

Smooth.

I should practice more things like this.

I messed around with Orochi's Spring > Dair platform cancel just for the sake of knowing it. I should really expand my knowledge more.

Thanks! I was a film major.

:093:
If we're talkin about languages, I can speak hebrew.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Why don't we do this?

Steak=kink

Problem solved
Not the same, brah. Not the same.
congrats man. Keep making them smexy sonic advanced tech vids
Thanks!

I actually started capturing footage for my next video... Which will be about...

Instant Spin Dash Jump!

Hopefully have that out this or next week. Thanks for all the support.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
I actually know Spanish quite decently and have been thinking of improving it as well... I also want to learn Japanese. I just wish I knew more languages :/ It's such a cool ability to have.

I read that as spindash

Also does whatever the tech where sonic goes into a diagonal vertical jump straight from a jump true combo into fair (and possibly Nair/upair?) Whenever I do it I usually hit with the first few hits of fair but not the rest.

Sonic so ****ing fun. Running past people trying to zone you then back through is too hilarious lmao. Also finally getting past my weakness of dealing with people constantly jumping to avoid spindash by reading jumps. Feels soooo good to bair people trying to jump to avoid spindash like a little ***** c;

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I read that as spindash
I am fluent in Spindash.
Also does whatever the tech where sonic goes into a diagonal vertical jump straight from a jump true combo into fair (and possibly Nair/upair?) Whenever I do it I usually hit with the first few hits of fair but not the rest.
Oh man, you're going to love my new video.

The answer is yes. And it's called Instant Spin Dash Jump.

Lizam

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lizzam
I started learning Japanese at the start of this year after getting back from a holiday in Japan. It's my first time "properly" learning another language and its been a tonne of fun. Highly recommend it if you're somewhat interested :)

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Good job :D.
Thanks!
Uh....... Celebrate? Have a Gap Year? Smash?
Been celebrating... Trying to Smash... Just working on a new Smash video right now. I don't want to have a gap year. I want to keep stepping it up.
I started learning Japanese at the start of this year after getting back from a holiday in Japan. It's my first time "properly" learning another language and its been a tonne of fun. Highly recommend it if you're somewhat interested :)
How are you going about learning it? Very interested to know.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Been celebrating... Trying to Smash... Just working on a new Smash video right now. I don't want to have a gap year. I want to keep stepping it up.

Cool......

Uh, get a job?

Wait, new video? Can I see it when you're done?

Lizam

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lizzam
How are you going about learning it? Very interested to know.
I enrolled in weekly Japanese beginner group lessons/classes at a place not far from where I work. I find that it's a lot more motivating and enjoyable to learn with a small group (3-6 people) who are on the same level as you.

And as our vocabulary increases each week, I add new words we learn into app on my phone called "Anki". It's a pretty intelligent flashcard app which I use to memorize vocab/grammar on a daily basis (usually just on the train too and from work). I plan to move onto a more well known web app called "WaniKani" for my vocab as soon as we learn more Kanji in class, as the majority of my current vocabulary is in Hiragana & Katakana.

I also bought this elementary Japanese textbook + workbook called Genki, which I study through during my own time on weekends every so often. It includes a lot of the stuff I learn during class, but it helps reinforce my understanding a lot more.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Cool......

Uh, get a job?
the dream

Well, I'm currently working part time so I've got something at least. I need another part time job though or find somewhere that can hire me full time.
Wait, new video? Can I see it when you're done?
Oh, but of course. I'll be sure to share once it's done.

If you subscribe to my channel you can see the other videos I've done and stay updated as soon as anything else is uploaded.
I enrolled in weekly Japanese beginner group lessons/classes at a place not far from where I work. I find that it's a lot more motivating and enjoyable to learn with a small group (3-6 people) who are on the same level as you.

And as our vocabulary increases each week, I add new words we learn into app on my phone called "Anki". It's a pretty intelligent flashcard app which I use to memorize vocab/grammar on a daily basis (usually just on the train too and from work). I plan to move onto a more well known web app called "WaniKani" for my vocab as soon as we learn more Kanji in class, as the majority of my current vocabulary is in Hiragana & Katakana.

I also bought this elementary Japanese textbook + workbook called Genki, which I study through during my own time on weekends every so often. It includes a lot of the stuff I learn during class, but it helps reinforce my understanding a lot more.
That's dope.

Do you feel in-person classes are more beneficial than online studies? I don't know if I have the disposable income to invest in real classes or tutors but I'd like to...

Do you add the words yourself to the app or does it just store vocab that you can learn on your own?

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Genki is supposed to he pretty good. I downloaded this Pimsleur thing ages ago but my job started ******** about headphones ans I couldn't be ****ed to keep up with it. Seemed decent but work groups are probably most efficient since you get practical experience.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey guys, do you know any youtube channels where I can watch all of the Sonic Boom TV Episodes?

the dream

Well, I'm currently working part time so I've got something at least. I need another part time job though or find somewhere that can hire me full time.
It is the dream of every person on the planet, isn't it?

Well, hopefully you will find it soon.

Oh, but of course. I'll be sure to share once it's done.

If you subscribe to my channel you can see the other videos I've done and stay updated as soon as anything else is uploaded.
Oh sweet :D. Sure, I'll make an account on Youtube and definitely subscribe to you.

Lizam

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lizzam
That's dope.

Do you feel in-person classes are more beneficial than online studies? I don't know if I have the disposable income to invest in real classes or tutors but I'd like to...

Do you add the words yourself to the app or does it just store vocab that you can learn on your own?

Yeah it's not cheap to take classes, but as Terios said, you get a lot of practical experience that you wouldn't get with just a textbook. I've found that having conversations in another language will expand your understanding a hell of a lot more than what memorizing vocab + grammar can do. It's also a lot more motivating and fun for me to be in a classroom setting with classmates and a teacher. Like, all the study I do in my own time can be express, shared, shownoff or whatever during weekly classes which feels great. Eventually I want to take Conversation Classes which this place provides. Also, watching Anime is more interesting now as I keep picking up things here and there haha.

With the app, I add the words into customizable decks myself. The words I get are from handouts that we receive at the start of each term in class, and from the Genki textbook. I also added my own stuff I searched on the net like "Sonikku za Hejjihoggu" ^^; I have all the front of the flash cards in English with the answers all in Hiragana/Katakana (will eventually have Kanji) as I'm avoiding Romaji. I'm pretty sure there are decks you can find online for various levels of Japanese that you can download and import yourself though.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Oh sweet :D. Sure, I'll make an account on Youtube and definitely subscribe to you.
Thanks!
Yeah it's not cheap to take classes, but as Terios said, you get a lot of practical experience that you wouldn't get with just a textbook. I've found that having conversations in another language will expand your understanding a hell of a lot more than what memorizing vocab + grammar can do. It's also a lot more motivating and fun for me to be in a classroom setting with classmates and a teacher. Like, all the study I do in my own time can be express, shared, shownoff or whatever during weekly classes which feels great. Eventually I want to take Conversation Classes which this place provides. Also, watching Anime is more interesting now as I keep picking up things here and there haha.

With the app, I add the words into customizable decks myself. The words I get are from handouts that we receive at the start of each term in class, and from the Genki textbook. I also added my own stuff I searched on the net like "Sonikku za Hejjihoggu" ^^; I have all the front of the flash cards in English with the answers all in Hiragana/Katakana (will eventually have Kanji) as I'm avoiding Romaji. I'm pretty sure there are decks you can find online for various levels of Japanese that you can download and import yourself though.
Sounds like you've got a solid process going. That's awesome, man.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Let's leave Rooftop Run as the masterpiece it is.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey Camalange, I watch you video on how to spinshot and I have to say, that Sonic joke just made me groan. I think you know which one I mean.

Let's leave Rooftop Run as the masterpiece it is.

I never said for it to replace the original, just to add to the Sonic collection.

My first day back at work…

yaaaay
Camalange achieve life status.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Hey Camalange, I watch you video on how to spinshot and I have to say, that Sonic joke just made me groan. I think you know which one I mean.
I'm not sure, actually. I make a lot of groan worthy Sonic jokes in that video.

My guess is the "... You're too slow." one.
This was totally planned. I knew this situation would come. Me wanting to kill myself by using HA as an anti edgeguard during a wifi match a few seconds prior didn't happen at all. Nope.

https://gfycat.com/MatureSmoothAntbear

be warned its ****ing gigantic
lmao the spring finisher is actually my favorite part about it.

He goes ****ing flying from that spring. So good.

cerealkiller

Smash Journeyman
This was totally planned. I knew this situation would come. Me wanting to kill myself by using HA as an anti edgeguard during a wifi match a few seconds prior didn't happen at all. Nope.

https://gfycat.com/MatureSmoothAntbear

be warned its ****ing gigantic
Beautiful, just beautiful.

@ Camalange Camalange come on man, you're being selfish! This last guy, you didn't even give anyone else the chance too tell him how much of a baby he was! Share the fun...

Last edited by a moderator:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
@ Camalange Camalange come on man, you're being selfish! This last guy, you didn't even give anyone else the chance too tell him how much of a baby he was! Share the fun...
I guess y'all were just too slow.

I can't (and won't) leave threads open to be the subject of hazing, but I don't infract others for calling people out on their ignorance and correcting them before I lock it so… Step it up!

http://smashboards.com/threads/literally-throw-my-hands-up-with-this-mu.403286/

I throw my haaaands up~

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Camalange, question

Can you do the spinshot on the 3ds version of Smash Bros, because I can't seem to do it.

Top Bottom