• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Ledgegrab -> fastfall -> Spinshot (Ledgeshot, actually) -> SD onto stage.

Not totally awesome but seems to catch some people off guard every now and then.

Last edited:

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
As long as you didn't sell Sonic Advance or Sonic Battle...

That's the funny thing is that I'm not as much of a completionist in-game… But I love having all the physical content.

:093:
I'm not a true completionist in game. I have never gone for all S Ranks/red rings and I hate going Super Sonic in the genesis games. But in Smash, I'm kind of a completionist

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Sonic has to be the second most complained about character in the game next to Diddy, and for reasons I don't really understand. If it's so easy to win with him why don't they just pick him up and start getting mad money??
I don't even bother complaining about Diddy. Only characters that really bug me at the moment are Villager, Wario and Game and Watch and I know they're just matchups I need to work on. ...maybe not Villager. He's just a douche.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I'm not a true completionist in game. I have never gone for all S Ranks/red rings and I hate going Super Sonic in the genesis games. But in Smash, I'm kind of a completionist
This is the first Smash game I've only played competitively… Kind of a shame.
I don't even bother complaining about Diddy. Only characters that really bug me at the moment are Villager, Wario and Game and Watch and I know they're just matchups I need to work on. ...maybe not Villager. He's just a douche.
Diddy isn't a top concern for us anymore imo.

Villager is weird.

Sometimes I feel like we win the match-up and then other times I don't. Just a really frustrating time.

New Age Retro Hippie

Smash Cadet
NNID
dankmemez
I'm a completionist in every game but smash. There's just way too much **** in this game, and some of it is kinda useless (I realize how absurd that sounds in the context of video game achievement). Some of it is REALLY HARD too, if you gotta cheese something to complete - looking at you, Cruel Smash - I don't like it.

Last edited:

cerealkiller

Smash Journeyman
I'm a completionist in every game but smash. There's just way too much **** in this game, and some of it is kinda useless (I realize how absurd that sounds in the context of video game achievement). Some of it is REALLY HARD too, if you gotta cheese something to complete - looking at you, Cruel Smash - I don't like it.
I'll agree with you. Some of the challenges and events are plain boring and irritating. For me it stops being fun when it's more about patience and luck than skill itself. And Cruel Smash challenges are actually somehow easy to exploit but some of those events and challenges... The items in this game are also ridiculous. The only place for them is in very friendly matches with friends and family. How the freaking hell am I supposed to do those challenges of beatings modes on hard without losing lives and recovering and stuff when hammers and master balls and super hair dryers keep falling into opponents hands? I'm not saying it's impossible, no. And it always takes some skill, sure. It's just unnecessarily hard, tedious, unfair and unrewarding.

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
This is the first Smash game I've only played competitively… Kind of a shame.

Dont blame you tbh, the single player in smash 4 is terrible, every mode just makes me more salty than the last, since classic is just bull**** difficulty since to finish it on 9.0 you need to literally never die twice in a match, and that is way to likely thanks to the bull**** that is GUST BELLOWS.

cerealkiller

Smash Journeyman
Oh, GUST BELLOWS, that's what I referred to as "super hair dryer" in the previous post. Also, I forgot to mention the stupid CPU AI. They have split second reaction to your moves and airdodges are just ridiculous. You can just jump 100 times and they do nothing, but if in the 101st jump, 1 pixel away from them you attack they instantly dodge. I hate when the CPU react so inhumanely. Like on those FIFA games when the players move exactly like you to the freaking frame.

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
Oh, GUST BELLOWS, that's what I referred to as "super hair dryer" in the previous post. Also, I forgot to mention the stupid CPU AI. They have split second reaction to your moves and airdodges are just ridiculous. You can just jump 100 times and they do nothing, but if in the 101st jump, 1 pixel away from them you attack they instantly dodge. I hate when the CPU react so inhumanely. Like on those FIFA games when the players move exactly like you to the freaking frame.
**** the AI. Seriously.

cerealkiller

Smash Journeyman
You know, everybody thinks that is particularly difficult because of the Hands, final boss and that fortress thing, but the Hands and the boss (don't recall the name now) are predictable and if patient enough you can memorize the attacks and define a strategy. It's all the previous fights and their random nature that are difficult.

-> Note: I'm not, by any means, saying that beating the last stage without loosing a life is easy.

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
You know, everybody thinks that is particularly difficult because of the Hands, final boss and that fortress thing, but the Hands and the boss (don't recall the name now) are predictable and if patient enough you can memorize the attacks and define a strategy. It's all the previous fights and their random nature that are difficult.

-> Note: I'm not, by any means, saying that beating the last stage without loosing a life is easy.
I actually have no problem with the hands or the Master Core section. Its really easy to get the pattern down and punish. What I DO have an issue is, is RNG item placement ****ing up a run.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I actually remember the CPU fights being rather easy at 9.0...
It's the final stretch that I haven't finished yet.

But yeah, I totally agree about the nature of some of the challenges... It's like, seriously? This is making me a worse player and putting me in a worse mood lol.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Well, you're definitely dedicated.

I barely even practice it outside of when I go to tournaments >_>

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
I'm so lazy that I didn't update in order to use the Mewtwo glitch to farm customs and trophies (and complete some challenges).

Though, I still didn't even start doing that yet.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I still don't have Burning Spin Dash.

Also, who all played the Splatoon Global Testfire? Might do it again tomorrow.

Kamui Nohr

Smash Journeyman

Me. I went with the Splat Roller for my main weapon and I've had up to two matches. First one I lost and then I got my act together to help my team win the second. If I get myself to catch more of the Testfire event, I'd probably use the shooty-shooty weapons. Er... SPLAT ROLLER!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I played it for the full hour. Roller's would be broken if the characters weren't **** at climbing platforms. Won a large majority of my games though. Sniper is fun but it sucks ****. :applejack:

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
Roller isnt nearly as bad as people think, its mainly the demo maps give way to much room for rollers to work with little to no consequence, same with chargers. Chargers dont have anywhere to be safe from harm and do sniper things.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Nah. There's plenty of room to avoid rollers. Their range is just a little absurd.
Charger is fine. Plenty of spots to snipe from in both maps. :applejack:

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
Havent played much charger myself (Im not a big fan of snipers) but from what I can see there aint much that really does leave you safe, sure theres spots but they arent too optimal.

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
I ummm have all of Sonics customs. Except a spring one. Dedicated completionist here.

I have had all customs on 3ds for about 5 or 6 months and I got all customs on wii u in the last two weeks.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Interesting. Any reason to not use it other than the spring doesn't stay grounded which I don't really care about? I thought the description meant it doesn't drop to gimp but it totally does.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I tweeted so much about Splatoon, lmao.

I loved the Splattershot Jr. and bubble shield set-up. Bubble shield deals with rollers so well.

I don't think rollers are OP though. Should be limited to one or two a team. It's like, day 1 meta ****. Rollers are just really fast and cover a lot of ground, but baiting them out is rather easy. Especially if you have a shield on deck... They have no answer.
What is the point of having gravitational pull on down b? When would you ever want to use it at that range anyway?
It's a gimmick. They whiff midrange, you pull them in, it annoys them, or just pulls them in to **** up spacing. idk.
Interesting. Any reason to not use it other than the spring doesn't stay grounded which I don't really care about? I thought the description meant it doesn't drop to gimp but it totally does.
Takes longer to act out of as well.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey Sonics! I'm Unknown Hero, Tactician Magician, Captain of Palutena's Guard and Mask Youngster, and recently I have picked up sonic and found out how fun it truly can be, so I decide to pop my head into here and say G'Day.

So, how are you all? :)

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
Hey Sonics! I'm Unknown Hero, Tactician Magician, Captain of Palutena's Guard and Mask Youngster, and recently I have picked up sonic and found out how fun it truly can be, so I decide to pop my head into here and say G'Day.

So, how are you all? :)
Kinky

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Yes, clearly the kinkiest board.