• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I really like the songs Knight of the Wind, With me, and Fight the Knight. The other music I don't remember. I loved the story for the Black Knight, it seemed like the perfect mix between edgy and light hearted (although Caliburn was annoying). I never played Secret Rings so I can't comment on it. I really hated the gameplay of Black Knight with the awkward camera angle and non functional homing attack and ridiculous waggle. I don't want to get Secret Rings because it seems the same.

My friend lent me Rush and I haven't played it at all due to my 3ds ****ing up badly. Another friend and I were at a video game store and he was willing to buy me Shadow the Hedgehog which I haven't played yet. I really do want to try the Advance and Rush games, although I might have to play them on an emulator. Same with Battle.

Also, what do you guys think of Project M Sonic? I love how he feels but I hate not being able to spinshot out of side b.
Project M Sonic is really fun to play as, and for me personally, I really like how they took inspiration from his Sonic Battle moveset, since I have a lot of nostalgia for that game. He also just fits real well into the game. In some ways I prefer him to Smash 4 Sonic.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'd prefer him too if he was completely broken for ages.
Current PM Sonic is boring and crap.
:applejack:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I imagine that if sheer dumb luck that Sonic leak in Hyrule warriors all stars ends up being real, this song will be in as his theme.
I doubt they would use a vocal theme. I could see something like this being used though:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I doubt they would use a vocal theme. I could see something like this being used though:

Nah. That's not really something I'd imagine hearing in a Zelda game. I think Sonic and the Black Knight music makes more sense because of its similarity to Zelda. That or maybe the Jungle Joyride night theme. (Good times)

What am I saying?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Nah. That's not really something I'd imagine hearing in a Zelda game. I think Sonic and the Black Knight music makes more sense because of its similarity to Zelda. That or maybe the Jungle Joyride night theme. (Good times)

What am I saying?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
You obviously haven't heard the Hyrule Warriors soundtrack then:

It's full of rock music like this.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Really? That's a pretty cool coincidence. Would you recommend Hyrule Warriors for some who's not big into Zelda?
Depends on your enjoyment of the hack-and-slash genre. Most of the gameplay influence comes from the Warriors games. I consider myself a moderate Zelda fan (I love the series but I haven't played every game and I don't talk about it much on forums or anything), though I picked up on most of the references in the game. I really enjoy the gameplay, it's the best Warriors game IMO. I already had an appreciation for the Warriors series going in, as I played Dynasty Warriors 5 a lot. I'm also a huge fan of Gundam, and so I ended up picking up the Dynasty Warriors Gundam games, the third one being particularly great.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Depends on your enjoyment of the hack-and-slash genre. Most of the gameplay influence comes from the Warriors games. I consider myself a moderate Zelda fan (I love the series but I haven't played every game and I don't talk about it much on forums or anything), though I picked up on most of the references in the game. I really enjoy the gameplay, it's the best Warriors game IMO. I already had an appreciation for the Warriors series going in, as I played Dynasty Warriors 5 a lot. I'm also a huge fan of Gundam, and so I ended up picking up the Dynasty Warriors Gundam games, the third one being particularly great.
Hm, perhaps I will probably get it down the road. The Warriors series was something I was somewhat interested in, I hope they do other Nintendo themed Warriors games down the road.

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
WHY DO WE NEED A 2ND MARTH CLONE? Ryu is meh for me because he comes from a fighting game so his moveset will probably just be a copy and paste of his Street Fighter moveset which takes away the fun factor of seeing what his unique moveset is going to be.

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
WHY DO WE NEED A 2ND MARTH CLONE? Ryu is meh for me because he comes from a fighting game so his moveset will probably just be a copy and paste of his Street Fighter moveset which takes away the fun factor of seeing what his unique moveset is going to be.
Well its a good thing he will be unique in the sense that going through his SFX he has 2 lines for every special, one more forced than the other, so he could have a meter like Mac but he can spend his on EX versions of his moves.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Being the fire emblem fan I am, I'm very excited for Roy, but I'm not getting Ryu. I'd much rather have Optimus Prime than a character from an already represented third party company.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
I just want BSBS patched, anything else is extra.

I'd prefer getting Phoenix Wright rather than Ryu, anyway.

Last edited:

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
I doubt they'll change him much from melee considering what they did with mewtwo. Aside from giving him decent kill power not I don't expect them to change about him.
It seems like Roy has been "Luigi-fied" in the sense most moves still look the same but they function a lot differently.

He also has Ike's DAir for some ungodly reason.

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
I was expecting Wolf, but I guess he'll be soon.

I just hope they add Squirtle and Ivysaur again. Squirtle was so much fun and Ivysaur would fill the trio.

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
You guys follow Know Your Meme? The image gallery is hilarious right now.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
From what I've seen from Ryu, I'm super confused.

Form what I've seen from Roy, I think I'm actually pretty hype to play him.

:093:

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
Ryu looks weird, Lucas looks okay (but Ness will always be better), I prefer Marth to Roy generally but Roy looks awesome.

I want to see if they'll bring back all previous smash veterans that were cut. If so, Smash 4 could be the best in character representation.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Roy is already a better character than Marthcina in this game from what I saw.

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
Roy is already a better character than Marthcina in this game from what I saw.

Generally, I play the same characters in each Smash game if they're there. Marth is one of my favorites, and while Roy may be actually better than Marth, I will most likely still prefer Marth due to tradition.

However, I don't like Lucina and I probably will like Roy more than Lucina.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I play Lucina in Smash 4.

I main Roy in Melee and PM.

Excited to see if they keep my favorite things about him intact but actually make the proper changes to make him viable.

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
I play Lucina in Smash 4.

I main Roy in Melee and PM.

Excited to see if they keep my favorite things about him intact but actually make the proper changes to make him viable.

Do you like Sonic in PM?

I guess you also stick with characters throughout games

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
I used to play as Roy in Melee, but then I realized Marth was better in every way. Then again, Mewtwo wasn't that good in Melee, either, but they brought him up to speed for this game just fine. Fingers crossed that Roy gets the same treatment, especially since Marth isn't quite as good as he used to be.

As for Ryu, my hype for him is on the backburner. I've played Street Fighter IV before, so I'm interested to see how his moveset translates over to Smash. But I'm not a fan of Street Fighter. I can respect it, but I'm not crazy about it.

Last edited:

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
Lucas comes out tomorrow and people are already forgetting him for Roy and Ryu. How funny.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Do you like Sonic in PM?
Not at all.
I guess you also stick with characters throughout games
PM Roy is literally Melee Roy but good and with Ike's Bair. It's the best thing about the game.
I used to play as Roy in Melee, but then I realized Marth was better in every way. Then again, Mewtwo wasn't that good in Melee, either, but they brought him up to speed for this game just fine. Fingers crossed that Roy gets the same treatment, especially since Marth isn't quite as good as he used to be.
I just like Roy's playstyle. Besides him just being bad, I love how his combo strings work. Dtilt pop-ups into Fair/Uair > Fsmash is so cool. His grab range is amazing and his juggle game is just wonky. Plus his speed and fastfall weight just make him feel cool as hell.
Lucas comes out tomorrow and people are already forgetting him for Roy and Ryu. How funny.
Yeah cuz Lucas is wack.

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
Not at all.

PM Roy is literally Melee Roy but good and with Ike's Bair. It's the best thing about the game.

I just like Roy's playstyle. Besides him just being bad, I love how his combo strings work. Dtilt pop-ups into Fair/Uair > Fsmash is so cool. His grab range is amazing and his juggle game is just wonky. Plus his speed and fastfall weight just make him feel cool as hell.

Yeah cuz Lucas is wack.

How come you don't like Sonic in PM? Can you elaborate?

Roy seems cool. He will probably be fun although he looks too fed up on steroids. I do like MArth though so I probably would like Roy.

Ness is so much cooler than Lucas although Lucas has that wicked up smash

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Red Ryu can finally use red Ryu :smirk:.

Side note: **** nintendo. Bring back :wolf:. Tired of waiting for my true main.

:018:

Top Bottom