• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Gimp

Smash Rookie
Hi espy. This is gimp from TGC 3. I was the sheik that went Mario against your little Mac and gimped you twice but you still beat me lol. I was wondering how I'm supposed to stop getting hit from sonic just spin dashing into me? I kept trying to forward air it but that didn't work out.... Any thing helps :) Great little Mac btw. Not sure if this is where to post this but its how I found you....

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Hey Gimp. I can't really speak for Sheik vs. Sonic since I have zero idea how to really fight vs. or as Sheik myself. They recorded me vs. Samboner, and I got completely **** on by him game two, so when that gets uploaded, I suggest checking that out. It'll set a good example for how to avoid Sonic's spins.

By the way guys, got 4th out of 128 at a big Houston tournament. Finally beat Fliphop, but I don't think he was performing as well as he could.

Megafox and I won teams. It was good. :applejack:

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
So, got 3rd out of 60ish this weekend. Lost to a Peach in the losers bracket. First time facing a good one as well. Need to Uair OoS after shielding her floating Dair more. Too bad I didn't really think of that soon enough. And SDs.. quite a few of those. Again.

Anyway, got some SC to Dair spike combos recorded, so it's all good.

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
Got 7th at a local/regional out of around 45. Played like **** in pools but pulled through in the end. Except from losing to a ganon stupidly all went well.

Also congrats to 8va (@Kupo Rose ) for taking 2nd and 3-0ing one of Scotlands top players in LFs \[^^]\

Gimp

Smash Rookie
Hey Gimp. I can't really speak for Sheik vs. Sonic since I have zero idea how to really fight vs. or as Sheik myself. They recorded me vs. Samboner, and I got completely **** on by him game two, so when that gets uploaded, I suggest checking that out. It'll set a good example for how to avoid Sonic's spins.

By the way guys, got 4th out of 128 at a big Houston tournament. Finally beat Fliphop, but I don't think he was performing as well as he could.

Megafox and I won teams. It was good. :applejack:
Thanks for the help espy, your the best player I have ever fought. I'm pretty sure you pivot grabbed me at the ledge like 6 times lol. I am glad however placing 33 out of 128 at my first tournament. I almost beat that lucario main in losers but he killed me at 40%. I hope to see you again, great job.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Funny enough I feel like I know the Sheik match-up really well now due to having to play Lawz, Shippo, False, and Vinnie regularly. It's like the Sheik gauntlet out here. Congratulations though, everyone. I couldn't attend anything this weekend as life took a priority but still happy with my top 8 placing at ECT last weekend. Got to play people like the ones I mentioned as well as Dabuz.
I almost beat that lucario main in losers but he killed me at 40%.
lolcario

:093:

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
also had a big regional this past Saturday. I ended up getting 5th out of 52. Managed to beat Bloodcross in winners though he decided to use charizard vs me as well as counterpicked me to dreamland which we have some pretty jank kill options on that stage. Lost to koolaid in winners due to getting impatient vs pac man and then lost to Marss ZSS in losers. At that point in bracket my mentality was pretty crushed due to playing so poorly in my last winners set. But overall I had fun, just hopefully next time I can keep my cool.

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
Why does everybody DI Sonic's U-throw away from him at mid to high precents(say 50%-70%)? They eat a F-air everytime and never realize why. If you just DI behind Sonic we don't get any follow ups because B-air is to slow and they can just air dodge it. It's sad that I could probably count on my fingers how many times someone I played actually did DI it correctly.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Let's not dread too much on the negative and instead celebrate the positives he's brought to all of our lives.

Still waiting for an official birthday post from the Sonic pages :'(

Regardless, Happy Birthday Sonic~!

EDIT: Here's this year's post!
https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/613376017772580864

Last edited:

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
Guys, I beat Unleashed for the ps3 yesterday. I'm really happy about it because it was a really great game with some frustrating moments. But over all I had a lot of fun running through daytime stages, beating **** up as the werehog, and looking for medals. It wasn't perfect, but it's one of my favorite Sonic games that I have played. It's probably 5 or 6 on my list of favorites.

I also beat Sonic 4 Episode 1, 2 days ago and it was pretty bland. It's not awful, it just feels unspecial.

That's how I guess I unconsciously celebrated Sonic's birthday, which I'm technically still going to keep doing by trying to beat Sonic 4 Episode 2 and learning to play Open Your Heart on guitar.

I really like this series. It's one of my favorites along with Smash. I loved almost all of the main series games, from the Genesis and Sega CD games, Adventure games and Heroes, and the boost games. I felt meh about Sonic 4 and Sonic 06, haven't really played enough of Lost World, the handheld games or Shadow. But based on the main series that I have played, they're really great with a pretty great number of the games being underrated.

Anyway, I have a question for you all. Who's your favorite Sonic character other than Sonic? For me it's either Shadow for his design and coolness in SA2, Eggman for his goofiness, or Tails because the brotherhood between him and Sonic is really great. I like Sonic the best actually, but that would be uninteresting to put down.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
You may have had your ups and downs, but you'll always remain my favorite video game franchise and character, Happy Birthday, Sonic the Hedgehog.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Probably another false rumor, but still pretty interesting.

Well we can assume the Mario character Amiibos as well as Sonic will work for sure. I'm going to wait until we actually see official announcements of any Sonic character Amiibos though before thinking they'll have more Sonic characters receiving Amiibo.

But if they do, I definitely would like to get Tails and Knuckles for sure.

Though on the pessimistic side of things it's easy to note that Mario Party 10 didn't exactly give out Waluigi or Daisy Amiibos.

Last edited:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
@Phoenix_Dark ggs man (: played friendlies for like 5 hours straight, we both picked up a new main, and had fun like sonic brothers! look forward to playing you more in the future, your sonic is pretty legit. Reminds me alot of @Aria Hatsune sonic (:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Oh, is it Sonic's Birthday?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLUE BLUR :4sonic:

Wait, it's his 24th Birthday this Year? That would mean that his 25th Birthday is next year......

SONIC GENERATIONS 2 COMFIRMED!!! XD

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I wish I could've done more to celebrate Sonic's birthday this year :/ Didn't really have the time.

Maybe I'll do some belated celebration today.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Sonic Adventure 3 would be pretty hype for Sonic's 25th...
Maybe it's just me wanting to raise Chao again :3
Speaking of that I thought I remembered a long while ago that the band and/or singer that did the Knuckles Rap stuff in SA2 said something on Twitter that they finished stuff for a Sonic project and that got many thinking maybe a SA3 has been being worked on in secret.

Though even if it's not a Sonic Adventure 3 I wouldn't mind more of that anyway. Knuckles Raps were hilarious (And really catchy in some cases, like Pumpkin Hill)

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
Am I the only one who didn't care about Chao? I like the Sonic Adventure games a lot, but when I tried the Chao, I was just really bored.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Chao's were amazing.

That was the bulk of its replay value.

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
Most of the replay value for me comes from seeing if I can do the levels better or seeing if I can clear the missions (At first, I generally got D or C ranks). I just generally enjoy going through Sonic levels and would gladly go through most of them again including the ones in SA2.

Lizam

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lizzam
Sure, Chao raising isn't the core gameplay of SA2 that I bought/played it for. But wow, it was a damn impressive bonus addition to the game coming from someone who spent hours raising virtual pets like Digimon ^^;

I guess I just have a lot fond memories like my Chao winning its first race, growing fiery wings from finding a rare Phoenix from an action stage, transferring him to Sonic Advance to feed it quicker, evolving into a Chaos Chao etc. All this thought and depth put into a pet raising system that I'd never expect from a Sonic game but was still bloody enjoyable (well... 12 year old me seemed to think so lol).

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
I guess I just found chao garden to be really boring. Pet games aren't really my thing.

Top Bottom