• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I'm disappointed in this lack of appreciation toward the Chao Garden that consumed years of my life.

Also, of course the only other replay-ability factor comes from select Sonic and Shadow stages, but Chaos also encouraged replaying more to collect the animals you want to properly raise your Chao. smh

:093:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I'm disappointed in this lack of appreciation toward the Chao Garden that consumed years of my life.

Also, of course the only other replay-ability factor comes from select Sonic and Shadow stages, but Chaos also encouraged replaying more to collect the animals you want to properly raise your Chao. smh

At least I know of one person who enjoys the Chao garden.
image.jpg
He may be unfunny, but he does like Chao.

cerealkiller

Smash Journeyman
Don't feel bad Camalange, a lot more people, me included, played a lot with the Chaos. I had "training" plans for them on paper with the effects of each "capsules" I searched on a magazine or online!

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Don't feel bad Camalange, a lot more people, me included, played a lot with the Chaos. I had "training" plans for them on paper with the effects of each "capsules" I searched on a magazine or online!
Yeah, I feel like I knew mad people who went hard with Chao Garden so I was surprised to see the amount of people here who just don't care.

I would be so happy if they actually brought it back. Plz.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Don't get me wrong, when I first played SA1, I toyed around a lot with all that Chao stuff. I just never thought that it was incredibly awesome tbh.

I dunno, I've had a tamagochi before then and that was enough for me, I guess.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
No amount of Sonic speed can amount to the SHEER THRILL of Chao Racing, and no boss battle amounts to the NERVE WRACKING battles in Chao Karate.

Also, to be clear, SA2 Chao Garden >> SA1 Chao Garden. Not that the first one was bad or anything but all my time went to SA2B.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
SA1's Chao Garden sucked.

I actually replayed more of Knuckles and Rouge stages than Sonic and Shadow stages. I loved emerald hunting. :applejack:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I liked Knuckles and Rouge levels in SA2, except for the ****ty rap music in the Knuckles levels. I liked his theme in SA 1 better.

Inb4 nobody recognizes me after I went premium.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Is this for the avatar or the rap call out?

Don't get me caught up in your pony drama.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Hey! Gimme a break! I just got premium, and I don't even talk about ponies on Smashboards much.
Oh, I don't mind. I just don't want to be the mediator of this fandom. I already moderate a bunch of Sonic fanboys.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
We're talking about Sonic Cam. What do you think I'm talking about? :applejack:
I thought it was possible you were griping over his recent premium avatar change, which I had no qualms with.

However, Knuckles should come here and teach him a lesson with the power of rhymes.

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
In SA2, Sonic/Shadow stages were the best but the others weren't that bad. Knuckles/Rouge had some obnoxious levels like the space levels and Security Hall, but I loved that open ended style of just exploring the map and looking for stuff, which is mainly why I liked the werehog in Unleashed, as well as open ended 3d running making me love the overworlds in Unleashed HD and Adventure DX. Tails/Eggman were kinda slow but they weren't too awful (although Tails's gameplay in SA1 was great).

Also too many of the other playstyles in SA1 get way too bad of a rap. Sonic was great, Tails was great too although Sonic was better, Knuckles was pretty great as well. The other guys weren't that bad, Amy had cool hammer swinging platforming, Gamma was a faster feeling and better version of Tails/Eggman stages from SA2 (just saying it like that to make a comparison), and Big, while unnecessary, had ridiculously short levels since you only had to go for Froggy and he had 4 levels. I still hate that if your line breaks, you lose a life.

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
So dair is now our disrespect move?

Come to think of it, does Sonic have style/disrespect moves/combos?

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
Alot of people don't like sonic in general so I guess playing as the character could count. Probably u-air kill strings, everyone knows they exist but nobody likes getting killed by it.

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
Yo guys, starting tomorrow, I won't be here for several weeks. I'm going away to a place where we don't use electronics. I just wanted to say that I started using Smashboards recently, and this Sonic Smash 4 forum group is just so great and you guys are all really cool. I've really enjoyed talking with you guys on here and I felt like a learned a lot about our character.

And one last question, is it useful to wavebounce at all with Sonic? The only move it seems wavebouncing even works with Sonic is spin dash.

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
I'm in the same boat as you...minus the "going away for several weeks" part. These boards ARE awesome and helpful. =D

And I wish I knew more about wavebouncing on Sonic - the only character I've seen it used with is Lucas, and he gets so much mileage out of it. How does Sonic do it?

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
A lot of characters get a lot from wavebouncing like Mario, ZSS, DK, and Yoshi to name a few. I'm not really sure what Sonic would get from waveboucing though.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Yo we got bodied in CEO. Nick Riddle the sonic slayer.
Nick Riddle knew that match-up in Brawl too... But still surprising to see all of the Sonic reps lose to him. Geez. ZSS may be even worse than we thought? Or he just has a better grip on the match-up than they did.
Sonic Adventure 3 when?
(never ;~; )
We've basically gotten Sonic Adventure 3 on more than one occasion but as a rebrand and different titles...

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
I always enjoyed Tails/Eggman's levels in SA2, which still stands out as one of my favorite games of all time. Remember playing that Dreamcast when I was literally 3-4 years old and being among the very first games I've ever played, even if I wasn't actually competent. Took me years to finally mature and become competent enough to beat it tho, especially after my dreamcast stopped working and my game disc got scratched, I could only play the Dark story from it and not the Hero story.

Also, does someone have a gif of Sonic using his Forward Smash on someone and killing em (would love for it to be :4lucina: if possible)? Cause I wanna make my own meme out of it that says HA!

SonicMario

Smash Master
We've basically gotten Sonic Adventure 3 on more than one occasion but as a rebrand and different titles...

It ain't really Sonic Adventure 3 til' it has cheesy Knuckles raps and a Chao Garden :awesome:

Even if an actual Sonic Game is named Sonic Adventure 3, and it has neither of them :smirk:

Damandatwin

Smash Apprentice
@ Camalange Camalange Chao in SA2 are sick, took up so much of my childhood. I remember I had an action replay that I used to get the Chaos Chao and the character ones (Tails, Knuckles and Amy I think). I also had one that looked like Omochao which I would mostly just throw around. **** Omochao.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
I guess I've just played SA1 way more than SA2. Back then, getting games here was a *****. My SA1 copy was legit but I would only get to play SA2 much, much later and with a bootleg copy which wouldn't work properly.. So I'd downloaded a save file only to play the Sonic/Shadow stages, which were the best anyway.

A lot of characters get a lot from wavebouncing like Mario, ZSS, DK, and Yoshi to name a few. I'm not really sure what Sonic would get from waveboucing though.
Not much tbh. I like running past people and using C-Stick backwards+B to "wavebounce" the ground SD. Feels faster than run->backwards side B, but I'm not sure if it really is, though.

Top Bottom