• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
How come you don't like Sonic in PM? Can you elaborate?
They basically removed everything I liked about Sonic from Brawl and changed the mentality of his playstyle almost completely. I think they missed the point. I also don't really like PM as a whole much, personally, so there's a lot of reasons that I don't care to fully dive into atm.
Well, you're kinda wrong. Very wrong. :applejack:
Nah.

:093:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Dair is spammable offstage now rofl. I just played feel tension for 3 hours. Really got a large feel for the :4fox: matchup. Sonic juggles and bair baits him so easily. I think this matchup isn't as bad as I originally thought though I feel :4fox: wins it +1. I think :4zss: might be our worst matchup at this point in time (-2). She's the best character at grabbing our spindash, juggling us, killing us, stupid up b, and her frame data on tilts is even disgusting.

:018:

Last edited:
NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Fox while he may beat us in neutral we can compete with him in the air and can sort of keep up with even his neutral game due to the fact he doesn't have outrageous range. ZSS on the other hand can basically act like diddy could and just throw out aerials and move around and be safe on block as sonic can't really contest with her frame data. Are only think in the ZSS MU is the fact we can spin charge dair spike to footstool gimp her and she does die pretty early to upsmash. But still i do agree she is one of our hardest MUs

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey Sonics, I read in the patch thread that Sonics Dair has better IASA frames, where it can now be used in line with stage height rather than having to jump then use it. Is this true?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Anyone else get a savage boner from our Dair? I spiked Snow on stream Tuesday doing it.

:018:
The Dair buff will only turn me on further as I've recently been incorporating a lot of Spring>Dair into my follow-up/chase game. it's so good at punishing people who instinctively airdodge when we spring. The trajectory and active frames, even it it doesn't spike, makes it so good.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Haven't tried out Sonic lately ever since Mewtwo came out.

Well, since SEGA is somewhat linked to its development, is anyone else here excited for Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem?

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Haven't tried out Sonic lately ever since Mewtwo came out.
For shame.
Well, since SEGA is somewhat linked to its development, is anyone else here excited for Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem?
A lot of people are pretty pissed about SMT x FE beause it looks like weeb waifu the game, but I personally find that kind of hilarious and will most likely get it anyway. Especially when that J-pop song was going I couldn't stop laughing. It just seems ridiculous.

My guess is that you're excited, based off your avatar. I don't even know what her role is other than boobs the character thus far.

Speaking of SEGA, have they literally said anything at all at E3? I swear if all we're getting is Sonic Boom 2...

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
For shame.
Hey! I'm not even at home to play Smash at all.

A lot of people are pretty pissed about SMT x FE beause it looks like weeb waifu the game, but I personally find that kind of hilarious and will most likely get it anyway. Especially when that J-pop song was going I couldn't stop laughing. It just seems ridiculous.
Yeah, I never really cared about it until the April direct, and now I just can't wait to find out what the English character names are, not to mention the singer's English songs.

My guess is that you're excited, based off your avatar. I don't even know what her role is other than boobs the character thus far.
She's supposed to be a Pegasus Knight based off of Caeda from the first Fire Emblem. According to the treehouse streams, she's aspiring to be a pop star.[/quote]

Speaking of SEGA, have they literally said anything at all at E3?
not that I know of.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Hey! I'm not even at home to play Smash at all.
But you worded it as abandoning our Blue Blur!
Yeah, I never really cared about it until the April direct, and now I just can't wait to find out what the English character names are, not to mention the singer's English songs.
I kind of hope the songs stay JP because it makes them funnier and more kawaii desu that way, but yeah, I didn't even think about the fact that they'll probably get translated. Ah well. Maybe I can keep JP with NA subtitles.
She's supposed to be a Pegasus Knight based off of Caeda from the first Fire Emblem. According to the treehouse streams, she's aspiring to be a pop star.
Of course she is. Beautiful. Good for her.
Nah they didnt say anything at E3...kind of worried about that anniversary title now...pls be good.
not that I know of.
ugh

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
Unrelated, but in all honesty, who was peoples favourite conference?

For me, it had to have been Squares. Between the new KH3 trailer, confirmation that we are indeed getting Dragon Quest Heroes (though I want the WiiU MMO and DQ8 3D as well ;-; ), making the new Hitman look intresting to me and Star Ocean V make them come out on top for me.

Every other conference was lacking in some ways. Other than SONY announcing, mother****ing. Shemue. 3.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I didn't realize Shenmue had such an audience, lmao, but hey, that's great for everyone who waited those harsh 14 years.

KH3 looks beautiful as hell. I'm so amped for that.

Personally, I was kind of underwhelmed as a whole by E3.

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
I didn't realize Shenmue had such an audience, lmao, but hey, that's great for everyone who waited those harsh 14 years.

KH3 looks beautiful as hell. I'm so amped for that.

Personally, I was kind of underwhelmed as a whole by E3.

Yea I was really shocked at the reciption it got, (even Yu Suzuki, said he was shocked at the reception in an interview as well) but the fact it crashed its own kickstarter page and got the $2mil it needed in under a day. Wow.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Yea I was really shocked at the reciption it got, (even Yu Suzuki, said he was shocked at the reception in an interview as well) but the fact it crashed its own kickstarter page and got the $2mil it needed in under a day. Wow.
Yeah, once it crashed I was certain it was reaching its goal that day.
It's not just my vacation holding me back. There was also college, the time last month I caught Listeria, and the long break I took from Smash.

I'd never betray the blur.
Good! Take your time feeling better, Sonic will still be waiting.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Sony was probably my favorite conference. While I'm not too interested in them, those big three games they showed is enough to make them the winners in my eyes.

As for Fire and Ice, I heard it wasn't at E3 at all.

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
Keep on chugging, PS4. You may yet be a worthwhile investment.

Partially related:

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
Accidentally clicked on this song, god-damn the nostalgia and memories it brought were to strong and I actually teared up.

The feeling of opening SMC+ for the first time, the feeling of being a 8 year old kid being exposed to something completely new, the stories I had heard of my mum having a blast playing Sonic games when she was a teen, the feeling I got when I booted up Sonic 2 for the first time. It's all too much.

Sometimes I seriously wish moments like these can be re-lived.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Sonic 3 & Knuckles still gives me goosebumps when I get to the final levels.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
There are some really good NotEnoughRings.

I like this panel.

Top Bottom