• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
And if the different Custom Moves is really that bad enough to remove them, then I guess Palutena's also banned.
I thought the problem was unlocking all of them for each character on each Wii U system for a tourney?

SonicMario

Smash Master
I thought the problem was unlocking all of them for each character on each Wii U system for a tourney?
It wouldn't matter for Palutena and Mii Fighters since they have them from the start. But yeah, I imagine early on tourneys won't have Customs simply because you can't expect any to have all the Custom Moves even from months onward. But at least later in the year, for those who want to have Custom tourneys. (I still think it's possible that tourneys with Customs On, and ones without will co-exist just fine. There's dedicated enough people towards both) They should probably have people working on getting all the Custom moves on the Tourney Wii U's by the end of the year so if a host wants Customs on, so the choice is there.

I imagine Equipment won't be as lucky as that's even harder to get every single kind I imagine. But just the Customs themselves I can see being an option at least in some tourneys.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
It wouldn't matter for Palutena and Mii Fighters since they have them from the start. But yeah, I imagine early on tourneys won't have Customs simply because you can't expect any to have all the Custom Moves even from months onward. But at least later in the year, for those who want to have Custom tourneys. (I still think it's possible that tourneys with Customs On, and ones without will co-exist just fine. There's dedicated enough people towards both) They should probably have people working on getting all the Custom moves on the Tourney Wii U's by the end of the year so if a host wants Customs on, so the choice is there.

I imagine Equipment won't be as lucky as that's even harder to get every single kind I imagine. But just the Customs themselves I can see being an option at least in some tourneys.
Sounds like a lot of time and convincing. I just rather play the usual tourney standard.

I am so much better with a normal controller. HD is crazy. Love it!

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Wii U version is love

Wii U version is life

:093:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
It's gorgeous.

The attention to detail is far better. Besides just better graphics, animation is more subtle and improved. Peach's dress actually moves like a real dress. Sonic's spines have life to them.

Remember how in Brawl Sonic's Uthrow actually had the spikes jut out and it doesn't in 3DS? Well, it does in Wii U.

A lot of things like that. Everything is so nice. Especially the lighting and stuff. Super pretty.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I can actually DDP again now that I'm not on a circlepad, lol.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
Wouldn't the best way to unlock songs be the same as in brawl. Have sandbags only and beat them to give CDs?

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
So like.. I guess I was destined to buy a wii u. A **** ton of things from other purchases falling through, to having a great few nights at work making 2-3 times what I normally make in a night, to my 3ds r button biting the dust, to getting a real solid deal at a local store I just found this week. Everything just kind of fell into place perfectly. Now my wii u is doing its system update while I'm at work. Gonna go hard tonight. Only thing I need still is the Ethernet adapter thing. Even the smash bundle fell into my lap. Didn't have any copies there and then some lady that worked there walked in with it and was willing to let me buy hers.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
I can actually DDP again now that I'm not on a circlepad, lol.

ddp? im not sure what that is?

i wouldnt be surprised if i knew the tech but not the acronym

Also as far as connection goes i havent had to many problems even without a wired connection.

Last edited:

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Instant SDJ, you mean?

If you're okay with it not being as instant, you can do a slightly slower version by running, pressing down and B, holding down and waiting for the single charge (when the blue aura appears), and then pressing up/left/right on the C-stick.

You can also slide during the run->SC but I really don't quite get the timing for it yet, though..

Last edited:

kataridragon

Smash Ace
Instant SDJ, you mean?

If you're okay with it not being as instant, you can do a slightly slower version by running, pressing down and B, holding down and waiting for the single charge (when the blue aura appears), and then pressing up/left/right on the C-stick.

You can also slide during the run->SC but I really don't quite get the timing for it yet, though..
I was talking about the running spin charge one. I'll try the down b one.

I'm going to a tournament today!!!!!

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
It will be great seeing Wii U matches with Sonic (don't have a Wii U yet, so can't play Smash 4 Wii U at this moment).

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Ooooooh. I've never seen it as an acronym.
If you ever run into acronym issues, give my FAQ thread a quick glance. I have DDP in the list. I try to cover stuff that Sonics utilize the most in the terminology glossary.

Congrats on everybody's placing. I probably should've just done a small local or something for free money, but ended up at KTAR instead. No regrets though, I got good experience!

I made it out of pools! Sonic can swim! Pretty stoked as there were other bigger names that didn't make it out so... Feelin' good.

Made top 32. I don't think there's a results thread yet but here's the Challonge link. I'll post my results in the tournament thread once I can.

I was one of 3 Sonics who topped. 6WX and Seagull Joe I believed tied for 9th. I went with Trent, and a couple other Sonics were there like Wes, so definitely was surprised by his popularity... Doesn't compare to the abuse of Shieks or Diddys though. Damn. I still hate Diddy.

http://ktarxi.challonge.com/smash4singlestop32/standings

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Bowser is stupid now too.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I got 3rd at our first tourney for Wii U. 52 entrants. Lot of my matches got streamed. Was a lot of fun. Looking forward to fighting to stay at the top this time. Good luck to the rest of you too!

This REALLY drives the difference home.
Love the buffs, love the model, hate the fact that he's soulessly emotionless compared to how he was in Brawl.

Last edited:
Top Bottom