• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Camalange at first I felt bad for all those who keep getting their threads locked so quickly, becuase they don't even get the chance to apologize (yeah maybe not...) . But now I actually find it somehow entertaining! :)

That lack of mercy/sympathy lol
I like to think I'm pretty fair, but I'm glad I'm not the only one finding humor in it...

People have contacted me privately being confused or angry, and in those situations you'll find I'm very reasonable and they've always had their issues resolved.

My goal is to never target people. If you do something stupid, I'll call you out and make you feel bad for it so you don't do it again. That's how I, and the majority of the Sonics here, learned to "git gud".

If you voice a complaint with me, I will calmly lay out my reasons for my actions and stand by them. If I were to cross a line, I would concede and apologize professionally. It's as simple as that.

Sonic boards used to be a lot harsher, btw.

For example, that "showcase" thread was purely selfish and warranted my selfish response.

I have no clue what that "Spin N' Grab" thread was supposed to be. That user joined the day of and that was his only post. The content was literally someone vomiting to them self. If you noticed, I didn't even bother responding to it and simply locked it to spare my time, and honestly, probably that user from actual flaming.

I'll leave threads open that can foster discussion. I'll lock and almost always still answer questions in threads even if they are posted to the wrong place (ex. "How to punish Rolling with Sonic?"). I'll lock and flame threads that are garbage.

I used to move threads to where they belonged, but it was a waste of my time and effort. It just made things more convoluted and disorienting, so now I'll just tell people they're wrong and make them figure it out for the future. If you coddle them, they'll never learn.
Those last remarks probably weren't necessary, to be honest.
That thread wasn't necessary. My respose was equally egotistical, but warranted.

I think even new players should've been offended by it. It's self-absorbed in nature... Wanting to "shed light" on potential and asking us if we wanted to see the inputs he did... As if anyone would ever want to replicate anything from that video.

Not worth anyone's time. I certainly don't want newcomers visiting here thinking that his video is at all a guide or point of reference to how they should be playing, when many of us have poured a lot of time and effort into well crafted guides, videos, and tournament performances for the betterment of our community.
... But then again, neither was the headache I got from reading the one locked thread, and the eye sore that was the one show-case video.

Like, the least you can do is completely silence the non-gameplay related video clips. I hate to sound mean; but, it didn't look like a lot of effort went into editing the video.
Hence my actions.
Also, I hate the mirror matchup.
Maybe you should learn Sonic then... :p

:093:

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Who else got the Sonic amiibo? I love its design, one of my favorite amiibos in terms of design so far. They did a great job adding detail to his shoes, hair, and even his tiny little nose to match Sonic, and Sonic is just a cool-looking character in general if ya ask me. I do wish he didn't have that giant clear support beam attached to his armpit though, looks kinda weird.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I don't know how I'll get a Sonic amiibo now :/

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Maybe you should learn Sonic then... :p

Wowowowowowow.

You need to go find a restaurant named ****'s.

And eat a bag from their restaurant.

Hopefully this isn't censored; because, in this context: it's actually a place. From what I hear, the waiters get paid to be total asshats. God, I'd love to have a job like that...

I don't know how I'll get a Sonic amiibo now :/

The answer is simple:

Pour all of your paycheck money into finding one on eBay/Amazon.

And then proceed to have buyer's remorse.

Edit: Alright, it is in fact censored. I wonder now...

Dick's. I want to actually go there one of these days. It seems like one of those "gotta go there at least once." Same with the heart-attack restaurant. Apparently, if you weight over a certain amount, you can get your meals for free.

... I'm not sure what kind of a promotional that is; but, whatever works... I guess...?

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Wowowowowowow.

You need to go find a restaurant named ****'s.

And eat a bag from their restaurant.

Hopefully this isn't censored; because, in this context: it's actually a place. From what I hear, the waiters get paid to be total ******s. God, I'd love to have a job like that...
I've heard of that place.
The answer is simple:

Pour all of your paycheck money into finding one on eBay/Amazon.

And then proceed to have buyer's remorse.
uuuuuuuuuuuuuugh

so lame
Dick's. I want to actually go there one of these days. It seems like one of those "gotta go there at least once." Same with the heart-attack restaurant. Apparently, if you weight over a certain amount, you can get your meals for free.

... I'm not sure what kind of a promotional that is; but, whatever works... I guess...?
I think you and I watched the same TV special lol because I've definitely heard of both of these places.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Sup Sanics. I literally can't stand any other character board other than this one. The Dedede boards are desolate and there aren't too many folks that I can actually talk to without going "I bet you think Little Mac is broken." Eh, I'm over-exaggerating, but seriously though, the Sonic boards always have flavor. Now I want a steak.

SilverAvion

Smash Ace
NNID
AvionSeal
3DS FC
0447-6098-0944
Hmm~... If you're awake in the early morning, like, after 2 A.M. early. I'm so busy during the day and late night that I'm really only around my house when everybody else has gone to sleep and I'm playing catchup on social media.
Alright! How about today then? Give me a time if you see this and I'll be up to play (Hopefully)!
Also your FC

Anyone else who wants to play, you got my FC, give me a time and I'm ready to go!

Last edited:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
If I'm not passed out from exhaustion, I'll make another post here letting you know that I'm on.

Also, I think my FC is on my profile; but, I would be lying if I said I was certain it worked.

SilverAvion

Smash Ace
NNID
AvionSeal
3DS FC
0447-6098-0944
If I'm not passed out from exhaustion, I'll make another post here letting you know that I'm on.

Also, I think my FC is on my profile; but, I would be lying if I said I was certain it worked.
Hmm, some other day then. Sunday is a bad day to stay up late.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I entered a tournament yesterday. First time using Sonic in tournament. My Sonic is only like 5 days old lol. But I placed 7th out of 63. I beat people who have beaten my :4falcon: /:4pikachu: with him. Used a little more Falcon than Sonic but won some crucial sets with Sonic that I would not have won otherwise. Something about this character resonates with me. When I actually get seasoned with :4sonic:...God help my scene.

Last edited:

kataridragon

Smash Ace
Did the character select menu rearrange? Or have I been smoking too much crack?

Seriously the character select looks different....

Another note:
Ya amiibos are f'ing crazy. I have just been preordering them. I have a complete smash bros set so far. Unopened all US versions. People buy these up like crazy, collectors and scalpers. These things are intense. I honestly think I will sell my entire lot on ebay once I finish the set.

Try Toys R Us Camalange. Or go to gamestop on the 20th.

Last edited:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I was wondering when you'd pop in Goggles :awesome:.

And I'm just gonna bop you with Falcon at EVO (if you're going). Unless you'd like to be exposed in the ditto. I can arrange that.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
Why the 20th? Are they expecting more shipments then?

That's when GameStop gets there shipment of Sonic. It might be your only shot.

Trust me I am an expert hunter. I got a MMN3dsxl and MM LE........ On release day.

Back up off me suckas.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
That's when GameStop gets there shipment of Sonic. It might be your only shot.

Trust me I am an expert hunter. I got a MMN3dsxl and MM LE........ On release day.

Back up off me suckas.
Hmmmmm well guess I'll give it a (spin)shot. Thanks for the advice.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
I don't think the sonic amiibo will be rare. He is very popular and I bet they print a Gagillion. However I think after his initial run he may never be available again due to copy rights. Same with pac and mega.

Good Luck!

Dedede and Ike..... Ehh there won't be many :/

Last edited:

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
I honestly dont want a Sonic amiibo, dunno why but something about it just looks ugh to me.

Might be the ***** ass render Ive never liked but oh well.

:059:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
The only reason I'd want a Sonic amiigo is so that I could train it to take tournaments, and possibly be my doubles partner.

Otherwise, I would rather have a freaking gamecube controller adapter. I can't find them for a reasonable price anywhere. And by reasonable, I mean anything <$50 which I consider "retail price.". I don't mind paying for it as if it's a newly released game; but, from the horror stories I've heard about Nintendo products being bought out and being sold for like 500% original price, I'm afraid to look and see how much GCCAs would be going for on eBay/Amazon right now.

... Would PlayAsia have anything like that? I don't want 3rd party GCCAs, I'd rather not take that gamble.

Like, Hell, man! If I knew it would be this difficult to get them, I would've just bought myself the Smash Bros / Wii-U bundle when I had the chance. Use my credit card, even... The thing I haven't used for any reason whatsoever yet. Trying to get them now is damn near impossible.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I felt like something like this would happen. Reserved my bundle back in October. :applejack:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Apparently amiibos get stat boosts regardless if you feed them equipment or not. So I dunno if theyd be legal for a dubs partner.

:059:
Just an idea. Not like I'd actually trust my doubles partner to be an AI.

I felt like something like this would happen. Reserved my bundle back in October. :applejack:
Well, see, I just got my job at the beginning of October/end of September. I wouldn't even have had my first paycheck until the middle of October. By then, I just wanted to get more anime-related merch than I did the Wii-U bundle.

... Not that I regret those purchases over the bundle. My room actually reflects my character much more with all this!

... Oh, and of course I spent a lot of it on my girlfriend, just helping her get groceries and taking her out on dates. Now that was definitely money well spent.

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
Just an idea. Not like I'd actually trust my doubles partner to be an AI.
Fair enough, just giving a heads up in case you were being serious lol. I legit wanted to use my Link amiibo for dubs but id rather find an actual partner.

Oh and since im here, how do I name spoilers? Working on a "Utilising sonics grab" guide since I feel most new people ignore its sheer power.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
[-s-p-o-i-l-e-r-=-*-i-n-s-e-r-t- -t-i-t-l-e- -h-e-r-e-.*]Insert text to go inside box here.[/spoiler]

Replace asterisks with quotation marks, and text where applicable, and voila!

Edit: Oh what the Hell, since when did asterisks work as a substitute for quotation marks? Hold on, I'm going to fix it so that it becomes more obvious.

There we go. Now just take out the dashes and you have your effectively working spoiler tag that's not a spoiler tag and really a collapse box.

You must keep the equal sign here. I don't know if it will work without it; but, given that I've been gone for two years and the formatting of this website changed, I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up being wrong and there was, in fact, another way to do it...

Last edited:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Give it a try yourself, good sir... or madam. I'm not one to judge or assume things.

Anyway, yeah. That should do it. Just don't forget the equal sign.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Amiibo money matches are pretty funny… That's about it though.
... Not that I regret those purchases over the bundle. My room actually reflects my character much more with all this!
figures > amiibo

I reserved the bundle and waited in the freezing cold at Nintendo World to pick it up at 4 AM… Feels worth it now that I secured an adaptor.

I refuse to do this again for a freakin' piece of amiibo plastic though… Ugh Nintendo why?

kataridragon

Smash Ace
This forum has the most emoticons.....

:015:

Breaking News:
Gold Mario Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...

Last edited:

Jaydenn

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jayden-bx99
All I really have to say is: Sonic and I have great chemistry, whenever I use him I experience a different feeling as opposed to other characters, i've also been playing the older Sonic games as a young child, so we also go way back.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Got my first bit of hate in FG today. They changed their tag to NICE.SPAM I was using dtilts and everything FFS. All they did was roll from one side of the stage to the other as megaman.

AND AGAIN an hour later. Then I got 'noob' '*****' 'go die' and 'see you...' 'on YouTube' (?)

I'm a mixture of hurt and really bemused

:022:

Top Bottom