• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I preordered Sonic but still might not get him due to shortages apparently. Along with Shulk Ike and Megaman. :(

At least I'll have mh4u to play soon which is totally Sonic related because I can dress up my cat like him!

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Apex sucks **** and everyone should stop supporting it.

I really need to learn how to fight diddy. Im currently awful against him.
Preaching to the choir.

Anyway, Cammy, if you're reading this, the answer is "possibly." I haven't taken that thread any bit seriously due to the rate of progression (if we can even humor such a thing) and the rather questionable selection of characters. Granted, it's pretty arbitrary no matter how it's done; but, seriously? Mr. Game & Watch? He hasn't been relevant since he was mislabeled as high-tier... in BRAWL. I think we're about done running into stupid s*** needlessly and we're all smart enough to know we need to focus on real, tournament threats that hold power beyond charged smash attacks.

In which case, the best I can do is try to salvage what little bit of useful information is from that thread and use it as a sort of reference.... certainly; my desire is to avoid it being the golden standard.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Apex sucks **** and everyone should stop supporting it.

Lol @ espy whining about OTHER ppl being whiny petulant brats
l o l
I really need to learn how to fight diddy. Im currently awful against him.
Just like, have someone repeatedly dthrow > uair you at like every percent so the DI and airddodge timing becomes ingrained into your soul. First time I played a Diddy I got hit by everything but now it's not as bad.
I preordered Sonic but still might not get him due to shortages apparently. Along with Shulk Ike and Megaman. :(
Man, preordering isn't what it used to be…

Stupid Nintendo.
Anyway, Cammy, if you're reading this, the answer is "possibly." I haven't taken that thread any bit seriously due to the rate of progression (if we can even humor such a thing) and the rather questionable selection of characters. Granted, it's pretty arbitrary no matter how it's done; but, seriously? Mr. Game & Watch? He hasn't been relevant since he was mislabeled as high-tier... in BRAWL. I think we're about done running into stupid s*** needlessly and we're all smart enough to know we need to focus on real, tournament threats that hold power beyond charged smash attacks.
I assumed as much, but figured if anything could be salvaged from it we might as well try.
In which case, the best I can do is try to salvage what little bit of useful information is from that thread and use it as a sort of reference.... certainly; my desire is to avoid it being the golden standard.
Oh… It's not at all a golden standard lol I've been dreaming of the day we'd have a new match-up thread. Just figured if anything of value could be pulled from it, we might as well recycle what we can.

:093:

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Just did a back throw in all star mode while passing through Robin's Thoron. Guess it has invulnerability frames. Shame you can't stop such a powerful KO option in a doubles match against Sonic. Well, not a shame for you folks.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Bthrow is our lord and savior.

Also, I can add thread prefixes now (only Social and Guide though).

:3

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
So I had an idea, we should try to get Sonic's down throw fixed in the next patch.

Someone should make an in depth video about teching Sonic's down throw which includes; a slow-mo recap, inputs, another slow-recap frame by frame, frame data, commentary, etc. Basically OTT. Say it destroys the competitive ability of the character and is newly discovered. Then maybe it'll finally be fixed. Maybe do that with the BSBS thing too, but play that off as a glitch.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
So I had an idea, we should try to get Sonic's down throw fixed in the next patch.

Someone should make an in depth video about teching Sonic's down throw which includes; a slow-mo recap, inputs, another slow-recap frame by frame, frame data, commentary, etc. Basically OTT. Say it destroys the competitive ability of the character and is newly discovered. Then maybe it'll finally be fixed. Maybe do that with the BSBS thing too, but play that off as a glitch.
Brilliant idea.

Now if only I had a way to record Sm4sh footage.

... With a Wii-U...

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
so mad right now that i find out that sonic's burning spin dash goes through projectiles like falco's laser, sheik's needles and mario and doc's projectiles....yet doesn't go through luigi's.....

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
That could backfire in a way that exposes our character's bull**** and Nintendo doesn't fix it, so it instead just becomes common knowledge.
so mad right now that i find out that sonic's burning spin dash goes through projectiles like falco's laser, sheik's needles and mario and doc's projectiles....yet doesn't go through luigi's.....
What a great match-up.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'd love burning spin dash if it's hop wasn't forced, and if it didn't force downb to short hop as well. :applejack:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
And if it didn't trap Sonic in screech stop for like 5 years after it hits a shield.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
i find the short hop to help with making our low % mixup game even scarier. off a spin dash jump at low % we can combo into things like utilt or dsmash which we couldn't before or we get a guranteed tech chase or jab reset if they don't tech. not to mention the hop is just high enough for uair to autocancel as well as allowing down b to link into bair at any %. we can also force jab reset or tech chase situations off a VSDJ thanks to its super low jumping height. if customs become a thing i might use burning spin dash vs characters like falco,mega man and sheik so that i can simple BSD through their projectiles.

it's funny too because we don't even take any damage, not even if crash bomb detonates while we are moving. though we sadly can't BSD through aura sphere, pk fire or thunder jolt when it's just touched the ground. there might be some others that we can't BSD through i haven't tested all projectiles vs it yet.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
I love amiibos! I have too many of them already. I think going to buy the rest of the smash bros set and sell them as a massive lot on ebay though. Too much $$$ to say no.

I think preordering is fine the problem is resellers are dipping in heavily creating a huge rift in availability. Unfortunately I think this trend will continue for some time.

Last edited:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
The anime girl life is over for now. Time to get back to my roots and bust out the Sonic.
You go with that.

I kinda want my own Sonic amiigo. I wanna train it so that it can be the best.

Also; while we're on the subject of custom moves, does Double Spring make any low-% combos easier? I feel like sometimes regular Spring goes too high in some situations where it could've connected if I had the lowered jump height.

In the off chance customs do become legal, I really would like to experiment with Burning Spin Dash, Gravitational Charge, Quick Homing Attack, and Double Spring.

It seems like such a crazy and convoluted set-up; but, if it ended up working out...

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I feel empty ...
even if i Won my first local minnor tournament with Sonic .
The final was Sonic vs Diddy . It was 4 game(3 you win ) , 3 stock , 5 min .
I was trying to be entertaining . but they all think i was trying to humiliate their local champ , they booed me ... I was just trying to be fun ... Run left , Right , left , make the Sonic Speed taunt right in the battle even if it make me lose a game , it was funny. Back Trown , down taunt and trying to do D-air spike . The game ended in a Spinshot D-Air Spike ...

I won 3 Amiibo of my choice . But i'm not happy . Why Sonic player are allways hated ? I just wanted to have fun ...

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I feel empty ...
even if i Won my first local minnor tournament with Sonic .
The final was Sonic vs Diddy . It was 4 game(3 you win ) , 3 stock , 5 min .
I was trying to be entertaining . but they all think i was trying to humiliate their local champ , they booed me ... I was just trying to be fun ... Run left , Right , left , make the Sonic Speed taunt right in the battle even if it make me lose a game , it was funny. Back Trown , down taunt and trying to do D-air spike . The game ended in a Spinshot D-Air Spike ...

I won 3 Amiibo of my choice . But i'm not happy . Why Sonic player are allways hated ? I just wanted to have fun ...
The bolded part might have something to do with it.

Granted, you really should know that people are going to probably hate you anyway just because you play Sonic; but, if you really don't want to add anymore fuel to the fire, I'd suggest you just stick with being a better player and saving taunts for after the screen declares "Game!". Assuming you're in a position to do so, anyway. Sometimes, high-in-the-air Bair kills take too long for you to land again.

... And even then, I don't really taunt unless I am feeling confident of my victory over my opponent. If I just kind of curbstomped them, I just say "good game" half-heartedly and throw my hand out there for them to shake. Which some might consider poor sportsmanship; but, I feel only opponents who allowed me to have fun/gave me a challenge are deserving of my passion.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
The anime girl life is over for now. Time to get back to my roots and bust out the Sonic.
You're missing out.

For some reason, SWF is glitching and showing that I have two different avatars? Double the anime girls double the fun, I guess.
But i'm not happy . Why Sonic player are allways hated ? I just wanted to have fun ...
Welcome to the real world.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Don't worry. I'll be back with someone else after the weekend.

I'll be sure to link you guys the Salt Flats tourney stream! I should hopefully get lots of coverage if I get far in the tourney and stuff. All Sonic!

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
10960231_10204092470252115_7507998278835746925_o.jpg

So it's official, I am Vegas' 4th strongest player.

Go me, I guess.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
gg Kinzer.

I don't even know if we have a power ranking, lmao. I should look into that.

SilverAvion

Smash Ace
NNID
AvionSeal
3DS FC
0447-6098-0944
Pardon, if anyone has time, I was looking for a good match maybe 3 out of 5 or something? I wanted to see a real good sonic first-hand (I've seen 6WX, but wanted someone to play).
Kinzer, mind giving me a chance to face Vegas' 4th strongest? Or anyone who wants a match.

I only have 3DS, my FC: 0447-6098-0944
(Will get Wii U soon)

Last edited:

SilverAvion

Smash Ace
NNID
AvionSeal
3DS FC
0447-6098-0944
Yeah, I was looking for a Sonic Ditto. (Though my secondary is Doc)

kataridragon

Smash Ace
I feel dirty looking at anime girls at work... Ill change my picture later :/

Honestly I wouldn't mind custom move tournaments if it was set up like Marvel vs Capcoms Assists. You know just at the character select screen it asks you what custom moves you want. It could also save your last used settings. That would be cool. Would definitely change smash bros forever. Thats a big patch though.

Super Smash Bros. Arcade Edition v.2015

Last edited:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Pardon, if anyone has time, I was looking for a good match maybe 3 out of 5 or something? I wanted to see a real good sonic first-hand (I've seen 6WX, but wanted someone to play).
Kinzer, mind giving me a chance to face Vegas' 4th strongest? Or anyone who wants a match.

I only have 3DS, my FC: 0447-6098-0944
(Will get Wii U soon)
Hmm~... If you're awake in the early morning, like, after 2 A.M. early. I'm so busy during the day and late night that I'm really only around my house when everybody else has gone to sleep and I'm playing catchup on social media.

I don't mind playing you then.

I am guilty of this.

I usually just do it anyway.

Do it fgt. >:E

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Hmm~... If you're awake in the early morning, like, after 2 A.M. early. I'm so busy during the day and late night that I'm really only around my house when everybody else has gone to sleep and I'm playing catchup on social media.

I don't mind playing you then.

Do it fgt. >:E
Sign me up for that time also!

cerealkiller

Smash Journeyman
Camalange at first I felt bad for all those who keep getting their threads locked so quickly, becuase they don't even get the chance to apologize (yeah maybe not...) . But now I actually find it somehow entertaining! :)

That lack of mercy/sympathy lol -> "This isn't a guide. It's you showboating. Poorly. Against scrubs.
I'm offended as both a Sonic main and a film major. Those transition effects were painful.
:093:"

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
So this is my worst MU and I'd like to practice with you guys, dorf only.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Camalange at first I felt bad for all those who keep getting their threads locked so quickly, becuase they don't even get the chance to apologize (yeah maybe not...) . But now I actually find it somehow entertaining! :)

That lack of mercy/sympathy lol -> "This isn't a guide. It's you showboating. Poorly. Against scrubs.
I'm offended as both a Sonic main and a film major. Those transition effects were painful.
:093:"
Those last remarks probably weren't necessary, to be honest.

... But then again, neither was the headache I got from reading the one locked thread, and the eye sore that was the one show-case video.

Like, the least you can do is completely silence the non-gameplay related video clips. I hate to sound mean; but, it didn't look like a lot of effort went into editing the video.

Also, I hate the mirror matchup.

Top Bottom