• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I'm in the boat that says Mii specials =/= custom moves. It doesn't have to be that black and white. I see Mii specials as being independent of custom moves due to the facts that you don't have to unlock them, Miis having no default moveset, etc.
"Mii specials" are semantics.

Palutena has all of her customs unlocked off the bat, and they're still customs.

Miis don't have a default because they're create-a-character.

It's a flawed argument.

:093:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
My thoughts on the Mii customs is simple: it should be up to the TO, just like MK in brawl.

I have a feeling that when there is a Smash 5, I feel that the Mii fighters will be cut or at least tweaked.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
The problem with leaving it to the TO is that most TOs are uninformed and act based off of Knee-jerk reactions.
If a couple people complain about Miis about as much as they'd complain about Little Mac, TOs are likely to ban Miis and say "git gud vs mac".

While it is semantics to discuss on Mii Specials are not Custom Moves, you can agree that they're special as you don't need to toggle Customs ON to use them.
Since these Special Moves don't pose a huge impact on the overall metagame (if any), I don't see any problem on allowing them.
:196:

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
For homing attack kills, at around 100% if your enemy is near the ledge, you can Spin Dash or Spin Charge to Spin Jump to Homing Attack. It varies from character to character and doesn't account for rage.

I feel like a Sonic game with a structure similar to SA1 with hub worlds leading to levels could work really well. It could have bigger overworlds with more things hidden in them akin to a Zelda overworld. A big overworld could be a great way to allow you to go fast and test what Sonic can do and the levels can test whether you understand it well.

Does that sound like a good idea? It's been one I've thought about for a while.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
For homing attack kills, at around 100% if your enemy is near the ledge, you can Spin Dash or Spin Charge to Spin Jump to Homing Attack. It varies from character to character and doesn't account for rage.
I do that combo all the time, but I need to do it less and mix up my reactions when my spin dash hits shield.

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
I do that combo all the time, but I need to do it less and mix up my reactions when my spin dash hits shield.
Only do it at around 100% when they're near the ledge and you're closer to the middle. Homing attack doesn't kill at useful percents unless you're offstage. Spin near ledge gets them offstage, homing attack kills at that percent. Spin doesn't link to homing attack at later percents.

The only other real use for homing attack is jank landings and a way to get around risky projectiles.

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
Alpharad playing Sawnik gamez. I been waiting for this. I'm still waiting on his official How to Play Sonic 101 which isn't coming since he doesn't like Sonic. Actually, seeing him in Chao Garden reminds me of my countless hours raising Chao. Um...am I the only one who put an insane amount of hours into raising those things? Am I the only one who wants them back?

Last edited:

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
Nah dude i love the chao. They're a harmless addition and i'm not clamoring but i'd still love to see them back. I used to absolutely pour hours into them, they and getting all emblems are the reason i have around 1000 hours in SA2

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
I quit getting all of the medals in SA2. I love the game but I just can't do all of the missions thanks to the stupid treasure hunting levels. I don't hate them but I can't deny how tedious and annoyin they are. Wild canyon and pumpkin hill are great, but the egg chamber and friggin mad space are too big to find anything.

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
Treasure hunting on Mad Space. LOL.

I did everything, A rank and all, except Tails and Eggman's missions, I've done all their missions up to finding the lost Chao in the HD versions. I've been too lazy to really do them. I even stopped playing Sonic Adventure because I have to do Big's story now. Nope. Might have to hook up my Wii and play Sonic Colors again. Maybe pop Brawl in just to use Sonic, bop the CPU and "You're too slow!" after every kill. I think it'll be refreshing. Weirdly enough since I got Smash4 I was hoping Sakurai would like...patch the game so that we could switch between the various languages and use old character voices lmao. I was so disappointed when I taunted with Sonic the first time XD

Say what you will about Jason but his "You're too slow!" was pure gold.

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
In SA2, I recently found out it's possible to get nearly all lost Chao missions without the mystic melody (excluding Iron Gate and Egg Quarters in any version, and Meteor Herd and Mad Space is anything other than the Dreamcast). I was amazed.

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
Man, it took me forEVER to get all those medals. Once I did though, I didn't know what else to do in the game.
I think the last thing I was focused on before I wrapped it up was an S-S-S-S-S Chaos chao.
That thing didn't win races, it owned them!

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
The problem with leaving it to the TO is that most TOs are uninformed and act based off of Knee-jerk reactions.
If a couple people complain about Miis about as much as they'd complain about Little Mac, TOs are likely to ban Miis and say "git gud vs mac".
It's also way more common for TOs to just go off whatever the loudest majority wants, as to not upset anyone. They're not the ones actually calling the shots in most cases, considering they want people to come.

However, something as huge as EVO can completely dictate the meta... If they determine people want customs and they allow it, then every tourney follows suit as to "prepare for EVO."

God, those were awful times.
While it is semantics to discuss on Mii Specials are not Custom Moves, you can agree that they're special as you don't need to toggle Customs ON to use them.
Since these Special Moves don't pose a huge impact on the overall metagame (if any), I don't see any problem on allowing them.
:196:
Customs are inherently specials, that doesn't make them any less of customs. The loophole is just that... A loophole.

They do pose a huge impact on the overall metagame, because we're allowing characters to have customs when the rest of the cast can't. It doesn't matter if the Miis are low tier or top tier, that's not the point.
Totally gonna practice that
cough cough don't forget to watch my way past cool tutorial on it cough cough

:093:

Julesimanerd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Julesimanerd
3DS FC
2191-9014-2011
I never really did all the medals in SA 2, the only character I got all A's in was Sonic's levels. Too much work for the other ones.

Camalange Camalange you said Way past cool so therefore I need to watch that video

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
I won a school tournament today that had semi-legit rules. I got a mewtwo amiibo and $10 for gamestop

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
Are you Leffen for your attitude or your hair?
I'm Leffen for taunting in game and being the guy who people cheer against. I'm the Leffen for being the villain.

My hair is nothing like his. Mine's longer, thicker, and a darker shade than his hair.

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
Taunts, huh? I guess most people on For Glory count as online Leffen?
It's also that I play as Sonic and I'm one of the best in my school (people in my school are pretty bad, because I'm not that good yet better than mostof them).

Top Bottom