• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
It doesn't end, as long as people remember Sonic 06. But strangely enough, I kind of don't want it to.
Sadly, I feel like this will always be thing.
When Sonic gets nerfed again......
"Oh his specials are brain dead."

"Take Sonic out the game Sakurai"

"Sonic is cancer. He does nothing but camp"

"All Sonic players do is spin and camp"

"Let me guess, you're gonna time me out."

"Please nerf Sonic's specials."

"Spam and win."

Guess I should count myself lucky. I haven't been getting any hate for Sonic lately. Salty mirror counterpicks but no bad names. The racial slurs I got for using Sonic lol.

Last edited:

Luig

Confused
"Oh his specials are brain dead."

"Take Sonic out the game Sakurai"

"Sonic is cancer. He does nothing but camp"

"All Sonic players do is spin and camp"

"Please nerf Sonic's specials."

"Spam and win."

Guess I should count myself lucky. I haven't been getting any hate for Sonic lately. Salty mirror counterpicks but no bad names. The racial slurs I got for using Sonic lol.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Hey guys!

Got back from a local tournament. Relatively small, I think. 51 players in total.

Managed to place 3rd, mostly as our favorite blue, non-metallic hedgehog.
:4megaman:<:4villager: ! :4sonic:>:4villager: ! :4sonic:>:4megaman:
:4sonic:>:4yoshi: ! :4sonic:>>:4mario:
:4sonic:>>:4pikachu: ! :4sonic:>:4cloud:
:4megaman:>:4dedede: ! :4megaman:>:4dedede:
:4sonic:<:4yoshi:! :4sonic:>:4yoshi: ! :4sonic:>:4yoshi:
:4sonic:<:4mario:!:4sonic:<:4mario:! :4sonic: <:4mario:
:4littlemac:>:4zss:! :4littlemac:<:4zss:! :4sonic:<<:4zss:! :4littlemac:<:4zss:

So a few notes... Mario is freaking hard!!! :( His defense was top-notch, he obviously knew the match up well!
I made a grave mistake taking ZSS to Battlefield. I suspect he also knew the match up pretty well.
...and again, Mario is hard!
Any tips? I really struggled to find openings.

Why do I always forget that's an option!!! D: Da***t!!!

Last edited:

Login_Sinker

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lagoniusmaximus
Anyone else just see the new characters on Nintendo's stream? They look AMAZING. AND THEY'RE BEING RELEASED ON THURSDAY.

**** I'm hype.

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
Witch Time has me worried. No doubt in my mind Bayonetta is going to be a high tier character.
Time will tell, mah boi. Supposedly the release date is February 3rd, so we might just see for ourselves in less than a week.

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
Yeah, I know but still. I seen during one of the other matches in the coliseum she used Witch Time and managed to also get the dodge variant of the move while Kamui/Corrin was already stuck in the slowdown? That's insane lmao. Witch Time looks like its so easy to pull off with no consequence. If you activate it too late you get a free dodge. Oh lawd.

Everything is still hype as hell though. I can't wait to get my hands on Bayonetta. Might even buy Kamui/Corrin, though I'm not sure. I'm not really into swords in a fighting game that's not Soul Calibur XD

Last edited:

Julesimanerd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Julesimanerd
3DS FC
2191-9014-2011
Be careful with the pictures you post!
Mainly excited for Bayonetta, Corrin looks okay but not my thing, happy to have him/her in the game though. Now I just need to play Bayonetta 1 & 2. Damn me being poor lol

Witch doesn't really concern me, from what I remember, you can't spam it, the more you use it, the shorter Witch time lasts. I see it as a counter essentially, just know when to strike Bayonetta and you should be fine. I can't wait to see her in Tournaments

Last edited by a moderator:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
I could see Bayonetta as an advantageous advantage for Sonic since Bayonetta's attacks take a bit to start up and our frame data could be superior. The she could do against us is force approaches with her guns (insert lenny face here). As for Corrin I don't exactly know how it would go.

Last edited:

Luig

Confused
Her recovery without a jump if little mac's, no joke.

Man, that guy definetely wasn't doing any of those combos.....

Also, witch time shouldn't be that effective against spins, we can just jump and airdodge.

Last edited:

Damandatwin

Smash Apprentice
I think corrin is going to be brutal for sonic. huge range with the sword + his stun projectile + the bite. his frame data seems pretty good for a swordfighter too.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
I think corrin is going to be brutal for sonic. huge range with the sword + his stun projectile + the bite. his frame data seems pretty good for a swordfighter too.
I don't know. It's just his side smash that has a ton of range; a lot of his other moves tend to be standard slashes and a couple dragon-esque moves with a little less range. That and it seems like his recovery can only send him upwards.

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
I don't know. It's just his side smash that has a ton of range; a lot of his other moves tend to be standard slashes and a couple dragon-esque moves with a little less range. That and it seems like his recovery can only send him upwards.
That move where (s)he lunges the sword forward and keeps the opponent stationary seems like it has range as well. If Kamui/Corrin players get accustomed to timing spin dash then maybe they can catch Sonic in his tracks, if it works like that. I'm still confident nothing is going to change for us though, once we get used to fighting them it'll be all good, still gonna be top 10. Bayonetta looks insane though, I want to say she'll probably be up there with Sheik, ZSS and Rosa, but that's just based on what I'm seeing. Witch Time, while it does get less and less effective with usages I think it'll still be enough to get those punishes, if her players are fast enough. The opponent will or should be close enough to get a smash out.

Speaking of smashes they better be punishable if she misses. I'm talking ending lag like Palutena lol. I should be able to see that you miss, realized it, run up to you and do as I please and have enough time to grab a sandwich while doing it lol. That's me poking fun at Palutena's lag, ha. It's terrible. Sakurai, pls buff her and don't touch Sawnik.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Well Witch Time is pretty much your typical counter which you should try to bait at any time you can. Though to be fair the "less effective" feature isn't that bad since a counter should naturally be rarely used in the first place.

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
The only thing I'm really worried about for our witch MU is the range and end lag of her weapons. She still has those guns on her feet she can use, right? That might mess with Sonic a bit. Well, I guess we'll find out next week...

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
The only thing I'm really worried about for our witch MU is the range and end lag of her weapons. She still has those guns on her feet she can use, right? That might mess with Sonic a bit. Well, I guess we'll find out next week...
The guns on her feet deal chip damage like fox's blaster unless if she charges her neutral special.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Soooo...no flinching? Cause I am FINE with that!
Correct, no flinching. Her neutral b causes flinching though, but all we have to do is crouch and we'll avoid the shots since they go up at an angle. In theory I think that we can also run and avoid the shots depending on the distance away since our hurtbox is a little smaller than our idle pose.

Julesimanerd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Julesimanerd
3DS FC
2191-9014-2011
Off topic: does anybody still play Sonic Runners? I keep forgetting that was Sonic Teams recent sonic game (if you can call it a sonic game) it's alright but it gets stale after a bit.

BUT I do like the leveling system and would like to see that applied to future console games.

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
Off topic: does anybody still play Sonic Runners? I keep forgetting that was Sonic Teams recent sonic game (if you can call it a sonic game) it's alright but it gets stale after a bit.

BUT I do like the leveling system and would like to see that applied to future console games.
I do daily battles and the like on it still and find myself playing story on the occasion, i like it.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
I just went back to the gameplay of the dlc and I noticed that most of Bayo's move deal about 7%-9% excluding smash attacks (which deal about 17%-20%). Nothing significant, but nothing bad like what we've heard. As for Corrin I think his u-air deals around like 11% or something, and his counter deals 20% and is a viable punish (obviously since it's a counter lol).

Julesimanerd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Julesimanerd
3DS FC
2191-9014-2011
Guys guys, I think we are forgetting the real reason we're excited for the upcoming dlc

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Funny comic.

But it has a fairly big hitbox on it, so should keep that in mind.

:135:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Mii fighter? That's Knuckles. U Silly
I know, I just hate how Sakurai uses mii costumes as a way to no to a certain character. Yes, I am salty because of the Lloyd costume instead of Lloyd being playable. Or a Tales rep. Either way, the costumes themselves look really cool, I'll admit, but the faces always ruin it for me because they just look ugly imo. I have nothing against mii fighters, but I just hate the way their faces look.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I know, I just hate how Sakurai uses mii costumes as a way to no to a certain character. Yes, I am salty because of the Lloyd costume instead of Lloyd being playable. Or a Tales rep. Either way, the costumes themselves look really cool, I'll admit, but the faces always ruin it for me because they just look ugly imo. I have nothing against mii fighters, but I just hate the way their faces look.
I personally look at Mii Fighter costumes as the next best thing. Most of the Mii Fighter costumes are characters that hardly had a chance anyway (Including Lloyd, it was Pac-Man or bust as far as Namco was concerned. Or at the very least Heihachi which Sakurai did say at one point he considered. And that's ok, I wanted Tails personally but I'm perfectly content with the Mii costume (I started using Mii Gunner more often just for the Tails costume)). The only Mii Costume characters that can be argued to have a great chance and may have been snubbed is King K. Rool and Inklings.

And I think Miis are here to stay, even if they're different in the next Smash. Considering Nintendo's even using them in their Mobile apps. I don't think Nintendo plans to stop using Miis anytime soon. (It should be noted that Nintendo have wanted an Avatar system even as far back as the Famicon. Just couldn't get the correct technology for it until the Wii came around). And like them or not, the Miis are part of one of Nintendo's most successful series (Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Wii Party, etc.)

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
Eeeeh. Mii's are practically non existant at this point. Nobody bothers with them lol. It'd be nice if Sakurai kept to his fear of adding them and thus we'd have 3 more additional slots for some new characters. Possibly even Wolf as some fans wanted, whatever it may have been I most likely would've preferred them over the Mii's. The fact that Sakurai used these costumes that pretty much said "Oh, that character was a popular choice, we won't add them but we'll give them a costume instead." which shows he knows certain characters are popular enough to get in the game or at least have the potential to be. If he directs the next Smash game on NX, we all know there's going to be a new Smash eventually lol, he needs to take all the results from the ballot and the costumes and apply them to actual fighters in the next one or whoever is in charge. Lloyd, King K.Rool, Geno, Wolf, Ice Climbers(I'm guessing by the time the next game is out the handheld limitation thing shouldn't even be an issue) and so on. On the subject: for the love of god, give Sonic a new moveset in Smash5. Please.

Meanwhile....I'm still smiling because of 6th. Already got some friends being salty on facebook. Nothing quite like being a guest in a Nintendo game and being ahead of the face of Nintendo. Let the Salt Mend It.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

Eeeeh. Mii's are practically non existant at this point. Nobody bothers with them lol. It'd be nice if Sakurai kept to his fear of adding them and thus we'd have 3 more additional slots for some new characters. Possibly even Wolf as some fans wanted, whatever it may have been I most likely would've preferred them over the Mii's. The fact that Sakurai used these costumes that pretty much said "Oh, that character was a popular choice, we won't add them but we'll give them a costume instead." which shows he knows certain characters are popular enough to get in the game or at least have the potential to be. If he directs the next Smash game on NX, we all know there's going to be a new Smash eventually lol, he needs to take all the results from the ballot and the costumes and apply them to actual fighters in the next one or whoever is in charge. Lloyd, King K.Rool, Geno, Wolf, Ice Climbers(I'm guessing by the time the next game is out the handheld limitation thing shouldn't even be an issue) and so on. On the subject: for the love of god, give Sonic a new moveset in Smash5. Please.

Meanwhile....I'm still smiling because of 6th. Already got some friends being salty on facebook. Nothing quite like being a guest in a Nintendo game and being ahead of the face of Nintendo. Let the Salt Mend It.

I just want him to add Young Link back and I really won't care who else is added.

What are some of them saying might I ask?

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
What are some of them saying might I ask?

I post a picture of the tier list to this group I'm in and one of my friends was butthurt Shulk was so low, I'm sitting here talking about how good it is to be a Sonic main and he keeps throwing salt at me. Throws about how tier lists are stupid and such, so I tell him tiers are based on tournament results and how well characters stack against the other when played on even ground with players and such, I tell him Sonic is where he is because he has results and has proven he's a good character to use, being solo viable and he throws even more salt about how tiers are dumb and how Shulk "isn't that bad". I say he has a casual outlook on the bigger picture and he claims he's going to drop it because he doesn't want to lose friends over it, I told him I wasn't trying to offend him and just laughed, he says "I don't need any sympathy from a Sonic player. I'm done, bye." and he got off XD

Some others include "Wow, Sonic actually made it to 6th for spam? Good job."

"Sonic made it to A tier, shows how much skill it takes to be good at this game. That's why I stopped playing."

And so on. It's just salt in general. When people see their character isn't high they say "[Insert name] isn't that bad and I'm guessing they only jumped on Sonic because I was gloating and what not lol. But these are dudes I grew up with so no harm done, the first guy though. My friend who mained Meta Knight in Brawl was happy to see he made it to A tier. Before I was just happy he wasn't Brawl so I taunted him for being a trash character back when Sonic's backthrow was still amazing. Calling Meta Knight garbage every time I beat him. Oh lawd. He's probably the only one who didn't get salty XD

It's late where I am so I'm expecting more responses in the morning.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I post a picture of the tier list to this group I'm in and one of my friends was butthurt Shulk was so low, I'm sitting here talking about how good it is to be a Sonic main and he keeps throwing salt at me. Throws about how tier lists are stupid and such, so I tell him tiers are based on tournament results and how well characters stack against the other when played on even ground with players and such, I tell him Sonic is where he is because he has results and has proven he's a good character to use, being solo viable and he throws even more salt about how tiers are dumb and how Shulk "isn't that bad". I say he has a casual outlook on the bigger picture and he claims he's going to drop it because he doesn't want to lose friends over it, I told him I wasn't trying to offend him and just laughed, he says "I don't need any sympathy from a Sonic player. I'm done, bye." and he got off XD

Some others include "Wow, Sonic actually made it to 6th for spam? Good job."

"Sonic made it to A tier, shows how much skill it takes to be good at this game. That's why I stopped playing."

And so on. It's just salt in general. When people see their character isn't high they say "[Insert name] isn't that bad and I'm guessing they only jumped on Sonic because I was gloating and what not lol. But these are dudes I grew up with so no harm done, the first guy though. My friend who mained Meta Knight in Brawl was happy to see he made it to A tier. Before I was just happy he wasn't Brawl so I taunted him for being a trash character back when Sonic's backthrow was still amazing. Calling Meta Knight garbage every time I beat him. Oh lawd. He's probably the only one who didn't get salty XD

It's late where I am so I'm expecting more responses in the morning.

OH GODS. I CAN'T STOP!!!

Jez, i seriously feel bad for you guys for having to deal with this.

Top Bottom