• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Report from E for All and Move List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
XD

I sure hope Ike is good, cuz he's one of the coolest character's, but according to Gimpy he's unbearably slow in the demo, so...

Anyway, here's to hoping Ike doesn't suck. *Smokes whatever was in pipe*
I'll give you a hint: It wasn't tobacco.

Anyway, ike'll probably be more usable once everyone figures out where his no-flinch frames are.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
say side and down B please, it doesn't make sense and of course it is, his Down special is a charge and Side special is the spin dash. Like in sonic 2 onwards, the down B charges the side B and together you have a strong combo... only those who are good enough can control sonic

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
do i? well im a very good character with speed characters, my old skool mains were Fox, Kirby and samus. I can do great deals of damage and pain while using them 3. Now i will put my skills to the test and use sonic quite a lot

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
say side and down B please, it doesn't make sense and of course it is, his Down special is a charge and Side special is the spin dash. Like in sonic 2 onwards, the down B charges the side B and together you have a strong combo... only those who are good enough can control sonic
Your wording is a little weird for me. Could you rephrase that so I can understand it a little better?

And also, did Sonic have a rapid A attack? I never really use them, but it would just seem weird if he didn't have one.

Cless

Smash Champion
Your wording is a little weird for me. Could you rephrase that so I can understand it a little better?

And also, did Sonic have a rapid A attack? I never really use them, but it would just seem weird if he didn't have one.
It shows his neutral a combo in his intro video if you're interested.

Jisike

Smash Journeyman
Marksmashman dont triple post please. learn to use the "edit" button right under your post.

To answer your question, yes it pops up a bit when you use it.

EarthHero

Smash Apprentice
Hey. Im new on smashboards but im a very experienced smasher. great post on sonic. i retain my excitement for sonic. if anyone wants a real challenge in brawl, when it comes out, send me your wii code. Im def gonna main sonic. Ive waited for years to be able to prove once and for all that mario is no match for the one and only "sonic the hedgehog."

Falco Rising

Smash Cadet
is sonic goin 2 be a fast based and fallin character kinda like falco cuz idk if they r goin 2 put falco but i hope they do cuz hes my main...so wat im tryin 2 say is that will sonic be a replacement for falco in a way?!?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
is sonic goin 2 be a fast based and fallin character kinda like falco cuz idk if they r goin 2 put falco but i hope they do cuz hes my main...so wat im tryin 2 say is that will sonic be a replacement for falco in a way?!?
Basically every character is SUPER floaty compared to Melee. Yes, this includes Sonic.

So far, I think the only not-so-floaty character is Meta Knight.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the report. I will look forward to playing Sonic once Brawl is released.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
I heard that Sonic was less floaty than most of the cast, but still more floaty the MK. Which is kind of odd, considering how aerodynamic he is. . .

By the way, his Dair is cancelable with the second jump, right? Did anyone notice any other cancels? Just wondering, thanks.

iron blade

Smash Ace
can't you just roll around him while he does his FS and dodge it? i know that you can attack to counter it as well but wouldn't it be easier to just roll around it?

FightingGameGuy

Smash Apprentice
can't you just roll around him while he does his FS and dodge it? i know that you can attack to counter it as well but wouldn't it be easier to just roll around it?
No. Super Sonic is momentum based but a competent player moving sonic with small controlled movements, can control him well enough that he essentially 'stands' on top of his opponent as he comes out of the invulnerability from the roll.

When using this strategy the attack of Super Sonic which probably scale in power with his speed (not quite 100% certain of this) aren't as strong, but its not a problem because he can easily combo such medium strength attacks pretty much endlessly until they do KO.

Super Sonic and Giga Bowser really seem to be so far the most powerful final smashes because they are incredibly hard, if not outright impossible to dodge.

brawl_maniac

Smash Journeyman
No. Super Sonic is momentum based but a competent player moving sonic with small controlled movements, can control him well enough that he essentially 'stands' on top of his opponent as he comes out of the invulnerability from the roll.

When using this strategy the attack of Super Sonic which probably scale in power with his speed (not quite 100% certain of this) aren't as strong, but its not a problem because he can easily combo such medium strength attacks pretty much endlessly until they do KO.

Super Sonic and Giga Bowser really seem to be so far the most powerful final smashes because they are incredibly hard, if not outright impossible to dodge.
Those final smashes pretty much are the strongest final smashes on the game.The only sucky part is that Giga Bowser is really slow,and Super Sonic is waaaay too fast.But, also no one can attack you because,Giga Bowser is Invincible and Super Sonic is too fast to land a hit on him.

FightingGameGuy

Smash Apprentice
Those final smashes pretty much are the strongest final smashes on the game.The only sucky part is that Giga Bowser is really slow,and Super Sonic is waaaay too fast.But, also no one can attack you because,Giga Bowser is Invincible and Super Sonic is too fast to land a hit on him.
Where did you come by this information? It smacks of made-up nonsense.

I hate to make an example of someone, but this BS has begun to crowd out the actual information that me and many other people invested a lot of time to acquire and make available.

When I played Gimpy, his Giga-Bowser was not noticeably slower than normal bowser. I'd even say he wasn't slower at all.

Super Sonic is also invulnerable. That means he cannot take damage or flinch in anyway.

Super Sonic is also not waaaaay too fast. That's only if you haven't figured out that the analog stick doesn't always have to always be pressed to its edges or have no idea what momentum is. Once you adjust take those too things into account, you can pretty much position Sonic to be constantly hovering on your opponentuntil you finally knock them off.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
His dair is a meteor, just look at gimpy's report.

domriver

Smash Lord
Thanks for that detailed report. I can not wait till I main Sonic. He is one of the 3 I plan to master. Sonic's Final Smash can be a problem because I am sure your speed can be predictable enough for people to dodge right away. Also this recent update stated taht he is harder to control due to his reckeless speed. Methinks alot of people will suicide while in his Super Sonic form. I probably will. jajaja That is of course till I master him.

FightingGameGuy

Smash Apprentice
@domriver, its great to hear from another Sonic enthusiast, especially another from California. Your comments about Super Sonic have led me to update my report clarifying some of the information about Super Sonic as there seems to be some widespread misinformation.

Super Sonic Clarifications

1. Super Sonic is invulnerable. This means he cannot flinch or take damage.

2. Super Sonic cannot die off the sides of the stage. This means its incredibly unlikely he will ever suicide.

3. Super Sonic is momentum based. This means using the analog stick controls his acceleration, not his velocity (similar to captain falcon in the air I believe, in contrast to Jigglypuff in the air). However, once this is mastered, Super Sonic can be completely controlled, in such a way that he can constantly stay pinned on his opponent. Dodging thus will not counter a super sonic who moves in such a fashion. This is why Super Sonic seems, in the Demo we played, to have been unavoidable.

In short, people who are trying to come up with "weaknesses" of Super Sonic that balance the Final Smsah , are simply making things up or exagerrating insignificant shortcomings that can be made for by player skill. Without some drastic changes or new information, Super Sonic appears to be unavoidable if the player using him understands how to control him.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Super Sonic Clarifications
2. Super Sonic cannot die off the sides of the stage. This means its incredibly unlikely he will ever suicide.​

Did you try to fly off the stage and suicide on purpose? Becuase in THIS VIDEO, the guy seemed to die off the left side of the stage as Super Sonic. Although it is quite plausible that he turned back to regular Sonic, and then DI'ed to the left as he fell, and died, since he died almost exactly 15 seconds after he activated the Final Smash (which is how long the transformation lasts).
Just something that came up that I just noticed...

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Well, if Brawl is like Melee, you can't die under your own power. Someone has to hit you beforehand.
Correction: In Melée, you can't die upwards under your own power. You can still die to the sides and on the bottom.

EDIT: Hmm...I guess I was beaten to the punch...curse me taking my time proofreading my posts...

FightingGameGuy

Smash Apprentice
[/INDENT] Did you try to fly off the stage and suicide on purpose? Becuase in THIS VIDEO, the guy seemed to die off the left side of the stage as Super Sonic. Although it is quite plausible that he turned back to regular Sonic, and then DI'ed to the left as he fell, and died, since he died almost exactly 15 seconds after he activated the Final Smash (which is how long the transformation lasts).
Just something that came up that I just noticed...
Nice find. I do find the timing and how he arcs down before dying conspicuous, probably indicating that he did transform into normal sonic. I also could be wrong, but does super sonic ever even appear in an offscreen bubble? (In the video there is no bubble when he goes off top right, as he flies above the stage, then he suddenly appears in a bubble top left where he doesn't move left for a split second-maybe the power down transformation from super sonic- before he begins moving in a downward arc until he dies off the left side)

I dunno, it seems like the best way to avoid him is to run around cutting back with rolls and air dodges.
I agree that air dodges are the best way to attempt to avoid him (or maybe meeting him with attacks which also seems to work). The issue, however, is that with enough skill at maneuvering Super Sonic, your opponent can essentially pin himself on you. When you end one of your dodges, Super Sonic will be there and you will take damage. Ground rolls work even worse, since all the sonic player has to do is get the distance of the roll right placing himself where the roll will end, with air dodges he must also deal with the getting the vertical height correct as well.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Nice find. I do find the timing and how he arcs down before dying conspicuous, probably indicating that he did transform into normal sonic. I also could be wrong, but does super sonic ever even appear in an offscreen bubble? (In the video there is no bubble when he goes off top right, as he flies above the stage, then he suddenly appears in a bubble top left where he doesn't move left for a split second-maybe the power down transformation from super sonic- before he begins moving in a downward arc until he dies off the left side)

Wow, I didn't notice the bubble suddenly appearing until close to the end (I only noticed the brief pause in the air, off the screen). So I guess my theory that he transformed back and DI'ed left to his death is correct. Your observation is pretty much solid evidence for confirming this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom