• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Generations - You're too sloooow if you haven't bought this game yet!

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Is the demo still only for Gold members?

Even if it isn't, I still can't get it because my account can't DL RP stuff lol. Or has it been rated now? In which case, I may get gold just to get this demo.

EDIT: somehow, my posts that end with zeroes (100, 200, 1000, etc.) always seem to be sonic related lol
Yes, you have two options:

1. Wait a week to download it off the XBLM

or

2. I'm pretty sure someone has uploaded the demo onto a file-sharing website. Just download + burn the demo onto a blank DVD and make sure to not be connected to XBL when you pop it into your 360 and play it.

BSP

Smash Legend
Great, so when I do have gold, it's RP and XBOX won't let me download it

Now, it's rated, but I don't have gold anymore. SMH

I guess I'll be waiting

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Reaction to the 3DS version has been particularly negative. Things about the Classic Zones being a literal copy and paste of the originals, and the Modern levels offering very little platforming or backtracking, simply making due with 3 or paths all going the same direction that intersect every now and then. Gauging the reactions from the fanbase over this version is going to be a fun endeavor.

Can't say I'm surprised though. DIMPS has had only nearly a year to work on brand new hardware. The final product being at the MOST a watered down version of the console version is to be expected.

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
There's something disturbing about saying that while sporting a Fluttershy avi.
That's how Fluttershy rolls.

I had maybe 2 chaos that I didn't beat. They were special <3333

Anyway I just finished playing the demo.Really enjoyed both sides.
Can't wait for november

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Reaction to the 3DS version has been particularly negative. Things about the Classic Zones being a literal copy and paste of the originals, and the Modern levels offering very little platforming or backtracking, simply making due with 3 or paths all going the same direction that intersect every now and then. Gauging the reactions from the fanbase over this version is going to be a fun endeavor.

Can't say I'm surprised though. DIMPS has had only nearly a year to work on brand new hardware. The final product being at the MOST a watered down version of the console version is to be expected.
I, honestly, think they should delay it. It isn't looking too good.
Glitches, unoriginality with Classic Sonic's layout...
The only thing I like from it is the Big arms remix <3

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I'm going to say it right now, I don't actually mind that the classic levels are complete copies/boring. Doesn't charge the fact for me that Modetn Sonic still runs fast and Classic Sonic's levels are pretty fun to play. I still wouldn't mind buying a 3DS just for his game

:phone:

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
So what are your records in Modern Green Hill so far? Right now I have 1:51 done

I have 1:55.40 after my completed good runs yesterday.
How do you guys do it? I'd love to shave some time off of my record.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I have 1:55.40 after my completed good runs yesterday.
How do you guys do it? I'd love to shave some time off of my record.
Well I it's a couple of things. For one avoid all the hoops when you're grinding with the fish, the hoops makes you go slower. You'll lose some flashiness in expense of your time. Also, obviously, try to take the good path. Try to keep boosting throughout the entire thing, also obviously. When you get on the second set of rails, try to go for the little wall jumping black wall thing nearby because they save you probably like a second compared to going the long way. When you get near the end with the flies at the top, instead of homing attacking them and going through the final loop, just stomp downwards for a secret faster path. Honestly I don't know how to describe it, just try to perfect everything in the stage and you'll get a better time everytime you play. It took me a lot of tries to get that low and I'm still pissed because I can't beat my target time of 1:50 which I only lost due to a couple of milliseconds. And I'm only going for 1:50 to begin with after F8AL told me he was trying and then failed and then told him that it's easy as hell and that I can do that

And is it bad I probably have like maybe 5 hours invested in the demo just this week and I've probably only played the classic stage maybe once or twice?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Well I it's a couple of things. For one avoid all the hoops when you're grinding with the fish, the hoops makes you go slower. You'll lose some flashiness in expense of your time. Also, obviously, try to take the good path. Try to keep boosting throughout the entire thing, also obviously. When you get on the second set of rails, try to go for the little wall jumping black wall thing nearby because they save you probably like a second compared to going the long way. When you get near the end with the flies at the top, instead of homing attacking them and going through the final loop, just stomp downwards for a secret faster path. Honestly I don't know how to describe it, just try to perfect everything in the stage and you'll get a better time everytime you play. It took me a lot of tries to get that low and I'm still pissed because I can't beat my target time of 1:50 which I only lost due to a couple of milliseconds. And I'm only going for 1:50 to begin with after F8AL told me he was trying and then failed and then told him that it's easy as hell and that I can do that

And is it bad I probably have like maybe 5 hours invested in the demo just this week and I've probably only played the classic stage maybe once or twice?

1. I avoid the rails by the fish.
2. I've heard about some secret path.
EDIT:
[yt]i-XgBwkRBi4[/yt]
@1:32
THERE IT IS. I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR IT.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
You move the control stick/D-pad in directions and finish with LB+RB/L1+R1

Updates on times:
Classic GH: 51.22
Modern GH: 1:52.34

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
I'm loving this game its just a demo and I can tell I'm going to get my moneys worth out of this best times for me so far are Modern:1:48 haven't played a whole lot of classic yet but best so far is 1:02

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Well, you can either stop and charge or charge on the go.
It's so spammable.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Too bad (or is it?) that the classic stages beyond green hill zone and chemical plant don't promote much use of the move. Classic Seaside Hill is platforming bliss, and sky sanctuary only has like two areas where spin dash can be used effectively.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I refuse to watch that video. Not when the game is out in 10 days.

But when the soundtrack is inevitably leaked, I'm all over that ****.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Sonic retro somehow got a leaked version of the PC port of the game.

Someone's uploading the content onto a torrent as I type.

FULL SPEED AHEAD

Edit: and now apparently it's not true. Profound sadness

Edit the second: k, a leak has been confirmed, but for now, it's just being privately circulated. No telling if it will scone public.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Sonic retro somehow got a leaked version of the PC port of the game.

Someone's uploading the content onto a torrent as I type.

FULL SPEED AHEAD

Edit: and now apparently it's not true. Profound sadness

Edit the second: k, a leak has been confirmed, but for now, it's just being privately circulated. No telling if it will scone public.
Must... get... hands... on... music...

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I suspect it's due to copyright laws. Michael Jackson had a hand in composing the music for the game.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Is there a reason behind why there are no levels from Sonic 3?
There is. All Sonic & Knuckles is is basically a DLC waaaaaay ahead of its time and I guess SEGA recognizes S&K as nothing more than an add on or DLC to Sonic 3, and not an actual separate game from Sonic 3, thus leading them to use just Sky Sanctuary Zone as the representative for both games. Besides, if they counted S&K as separate of Sonic 3, then that'd mean there's 4 retro games, unbalancing the 3 levels per era thing they have going on.

Although I will say I still don't agree with Sky Sanctuary Zone representing S3&K. If you ask me the level should've been Angel Island Zone. I still think it'd have been amazing if you had Sonic running through the level and then seeing all the wreckage that Eggman causes there.

And **** man that new Spagonia was orgasmic as hell. Part of me despises the fact that I can't just rush through the level anymore and another loves the pure platformyness of the whole thing. And that doesn't even account for its amazing music and stunning visuals

BSP

Smash Legend
I'm going to have to wait a bit to get the game, but I'm still eagerly awaiting the demo when silver users can get it! I'm definitely getting it as soon as I have the $$$

Spagonia was so much more...colorful imo; it's great.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
First batch of reviews are in. Two gaming sites both gave Generations an 8.5.

VideoGameZone

360Live

Right now, it seems the common complaint is the game running below 720p and being 30 fps, but they're not dealbreakers.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The final boss is
I'm BSin'g

and the entire plot is a plot twist, actually
I'm going to write a lot of stuff here so it looks like I am actually telling you what the plot is.

Top Bottom