• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Generations - You're too sloooow if you haven't bought this game yet!

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Oh god.
Generations is out next week in America.
I can't bear the wait @_@

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
The truck from Sonic Adventure 2 now has sawblades and rides on a wall using rockets to chase Sonic.

YES.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Is it possible that the moon is still intact because of time travel shenanigans? Say for example:

Time Eater changes Chaos so he goes Perfect form early and/or without the chaos emeralds. Because of this, the event where Tails saves station square doesn't happen, and he doesn't get the chaos emerald as thanks, thus making said chaos emerald easy to steal during the events of Sonic Adventure 2. So once ARK gets all the chaos emeralds, Shadow opts to usurp control from Eggman and fire it at the planet and destroy it (since he hasn't remembered his real promise to Maria). Sonic goes to try and stop him, thus the boss fight with no destroyed moon.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Or it could be that it's such an insignificant little detail that Sonic Team just couldn't care less about it. The moon was completely intact in Sonic Colors, so Sonic Team clearly didn't care about it then.

If you want to fan **** about it, just believe that the moon in the Sonic Universe can regenerate its lost pieces in a span of minutes.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Alright. Now to play Sonic Generations on the PS3 for the demo to determine which version I'll get. There's still time for me to take back my pre-order on the 360 if I find it nicer on PS3.

Personal opinions here, guys. Which version did you like better for feel of the controls/controller itself?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Man, I just got a glimpse at the PS3 retail version of this, just got it from my local GameStop, I must say that it's pretty good.

:phone:

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
It's on the internet.
Getting it for the music :awesome:
Personal opinions here, guys. Which version did you like better for feel of the controls/controller itself?
I heard the PS3 version had some button lag.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So I think it's bad when you obsess over a game so much you actually dream you're Sonic and you're running fast away to hide from the army in an amusement park ala SA2 style :c

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
So I played through the demos of Sonic Generations for 360 and PS3. Both feel smooth and without any kinda input delay... But in the 360 version I notice that on Green Hill Zone when you land, Sonic spazzes out briefly (only on the part where you're flying through the air on the spring before rushing across the bridges leading into the cave covered by the wall. Though I'm sure that's been cut out from the demo anyway...

Dang. On one hand, it's not bad adjusting to the PS3's analog positioning, the 360's analog stick is in a far more comfortable spot.

GAH. THIS IS TOUGH. I already have it pre-ordered for PS3 but idk if I should do a switch or not. Personal opinions, guys! I got Segtendo's in regards to the input delay, but which version should I get??

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The OST is essentially one gigantic love letter.

Remix of Race to Win? Got it.

Remix of Leaf Forest? You bet.

Remix of Emerald Beach? From Sonic Battle? Wait what?

Remix of ****ing TOXIC CAVES FROM SPINBALL???
Bingo.

Christ, we just need a remix of the US remix of bad future stardust speedway and we're good, but fat chance if that hap...wait, there IS a remix of it? As the alternate track for the Metal Sonic fight?

<3333333333333

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Toxic Caves?
TOXIC CAVES?
TOXIC CAVES?
They remembered Spinball?
Holy crap...

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Toxic ****in caves? Holy **** that song = so much nostalgia. I remember being 5 and hearing that song holy ****. I can't believe that's going to be in a game again oh my ****ing god

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I need to hear so many more level themes.
Especially the modern and Dreamcast levels.

Top Bottom