• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Generations - You're too sloooow if you haven't bought this game yet!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like the remix of open your heart, I was watching the fight against perfect chaos

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Classic Planet Wisp is weird...
And Sega totally trolled us with the
Super Sonic theme
. >_>
SEGA can go **** themselves with that song. I swear my jaw dropped with what I was about to hear and then it changed to that crappy *** song from Sonic 4. I was severely pissed off at how badly trolled I was by SEGA

And Classic Planet Wisp is decent imo. If you ask me it just needed more than just the same sound being looped over and over again, but it was still decent imo
I love it myself. I always thought the Sonic 4 theme was underrated, and Live and Learn overrated, so it's so cool to hear the former get an awesome remix.

Pretty sure that's not that good of a score.
what the hell is this i dont even

S

smash brawl player 99021

Share your opinion on why?
Original Sonic was good, it started getting bad (Sonic Heroes), and now they're in the garbage level--See Sonic Unleashed/Black Knight/Colors

8/10.
Sesame Street "Once Upon a Monster" got an 8.5
gg

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Original Sonic was good, it started getting bad (Sonic Heroes), and now they're in the garbage level--See Sonic Colors.
I died.

gg
You're comparing Generations to a game that targets a completely different demographic, is a completely different genre,'and by it's own merits might actually be a good game for the Kinect peripheral.

Anyone else hungry for apples and oranges?

:phone:

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Original Sonic was good, it started getting bad (Sonic Heroes), and now they're in the garbage level--See Sonic Unleashed/Black Knight/Colors

8/10.
gg
I love how you're comparing a game designed to help teach children who can barely read and uses the Kinect as it's primary controlling device to a game meant for an older audience and younger ones alike (thus why they're putting both sonics in this game) with a bunch of explosions and running fast. For all we know Once Upon a Monster might be the perfect game for the use it was designed for and actually deserves an 8.5

And what reviewer was that from? IGN?

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
>Comparing Sonic to Seasame Street
:V
That's not relevant. What matters is GenWhite got an 8.5 from IGN. It's about as good as Colors.

Anyway, watch Destructoid give at least a 6.5, preferably a 9 or higher.;)

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Now...
Let's talk about the music.
Both versions of Crisis City have been stuck in my head today.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Now...
Let's talk about the music.
Both versions of Crisis City have been stuck in my head today.
For me it's Modern City Escape. **** that song is so good, especially near the end with that extra verse. Could be my nostalgia goggles that gives me that bias but idgaf that song is God

But I still ****ing hate the new Super Sonic theme

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
For me it's Modern City Escape. **** that song is so good, especially near the end with that extra verse. Could be my nostalgia goggles that gives me that bias but idgaf that song is God

But I still ****ing hate the new Super Sonic theme

I do like modern City Escape.
At first, I didn't like it cuz it was only 57 seconds (from the trailer), but I really love the song.

Yea. The Super Sonic theme trolled us all. At least it doesn't sound like the original.
Makes me really wish there was an infraction for stupidity

And that's coming from me

What's even stupider is when people come in and bash a game that isn't out that they haven't tried yet.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I do like modern City Escape.
At first, I didn't like it cuz it was only 57 seconds (from the trailer), but I really love the song.

Yea. The Super Sonic theme trolled us all. At least it doesn't sound like the original.
I swear for a second I thought they'd put the Live and Learn from the Sonic Through the Ages trailer they had, but then it turned to Sonic 4 theme

And besides, I simply hate the theme in its entirety all trolling aside. The beginning really does not blend well at all with the Sonic 4 theme. It seems to stand out too much. I know it was just for trolling purposes, but song wise that really does not go well with the rest

What's even stupider is when people come in and bash a game that isn't out that they haven't tried yet.
Sounds like the entire Sonic fanbase right there

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Just like when people say that Sonic 4 sucks solely based on te fact that he has the homing attack and he uncurls midair

And like when they say that Sonic Colors and Black Knight suck solely because they were released after 06

And when people say that 06 was 100% bad

And when people say that all newer games suck because they aren't SA2

And when people say that Sonic sucks since he's gotten a voice

And when people say that Generations sucks because all the levels aren't all the ones from the Genesis era

And the list goes on and on

Oh and I guess it's confirmed by this point that Classic Sonic won't be available in Modern's levels and visa versa then? I was really looking forward to that

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I just want a Classic and Modern Shadow DLC. Running around like him would be beast

Oh, and a DLC with Sonic's SOAP shoes from SA2

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
That'd be really awesome if they really put all that stuff in. It'd be no effort at all to put in Shadow either. But above all else? I'd be so down for Knuckles.

Also, as for the Super Sonic theme? I like it, personally. It's a tribute to the old and new. Beginning makes me think of the Chaos Emeralds emerging, the transformation about to happen, and then voila. The transformation in an upbeat theme! Catering to classic and modern fans alike since it WAS Modern Sonic you played as in Sonic 4. Besides, the theme caught the essence of the Genesis titles imo, where we got the upbeat Super Sonic themes in the first place.

Now, what WOULDA been cool as an alternative was either the Sonic 2 or Sonic 3 & Knuckles Super themes. Either way though, can't complain.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Never thought the beginning may very as well be Sonic actually in the middle of his transformation and being a sound effect instead of Sonic beginning once Sonic transforms.

EDIT:

And how would Knuckles even work? He doesn't have a speed boost and I don't think there'd be much in the way of gliding for him.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Never thought the beginning may very as well be Sonic actually in the middle of his transformation and being a sound effect instead of Sonic beginning once Sonic transforms.

EDIT:

And how would Knuckles even work? He doesn't have a speed boost and I don't think there'd be much in the way of gliding for him.
SEGA'd just have to take a second and remember "Oh yeah. Knuckles IS fast! In fact, we remember him being almost as fast as Sonic is."

The boost thing I'd hafta think about, but a lot of Knuckles' actions could transfer over just fine. Drill claw (that spiralling dive he does in Sonic Adventure 2) to replace Sonic's sudden drop ability in Modern levels. And just replace his boost with having more enemies in his path that he can easily demolish with his fists the same way you could just hit the attack button in Adventure & 2 and keep going. And the gliding becomes more practical in the 2D sections.

Well, it sounds like too much effort anyway, but one could hope. /shrug

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I downloaded your modern BRSTMs. Just curious though. How's the process going on some of the classic stuff and other songs from Brawl Vault?
All the songs are converted.
Which songs do you want? I was thinking of putting up classic Crisis City.
Classic City Escape is also in there. It's an older entry though.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I am only going to say this once: If you don't like this game/have anything positive to say about it, then please exit out the thread and don't post anything. Yes, we get it, you don't like the game, just leave these guys alone to discuss various things about it and be on your way. No one is forcing you to post in this thread.

Infractions will be handed out for future posts like that. Thanks for your co-operation.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
All the songs are converted.
Which songs do you want? I was thinking of putting up classic Crisis City.
Classic City Escape is also in there. It's an older entry though.
Classic Crisis City, Classic Chemical Plant, Sky Sanctuary... Well, the works really. They're all really awesome. Crisis City is definitely a must though for sure.

I am only going to say this once: If you don't like this game/have anything positive to say about it, then please exit out the thread and don't post anything. Yes, we get it, you don't like the game, just leave these guys alone to discuss various things about it and be on your way. No one is forcing you to post in this thread.

Infractions will be handed out for future posts like that. Thanks for your co-operation.
I don't think the problem is that if you don't like the game you shouldn't post. It's just where if you post that you don't like it, all the while giving vibes that just begs for people to jump on them. Thus trolling or whatever else.

It's pretty easy to tell what's supposed to be condescending and what's critic though.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
He's already made it quite clear that he doesn't think highly of this game, no need to continue to post stuff like that.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Anyways, I'm considering buying this game after playing the demo.

As I said before, the last Sonic game I played was S&K back in the 90s.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Anyways, I'm considering buying this game after playing the demo.

As I said before, the last Sonic game I played was S&K back in the 90s.
Curiosity, do you have a PS3 and 360??

I'm trying to decide between 360 and PS3 for Sonic Generations, and I've tried both controls. I can't decide which I like better though.

360 has a more comfortable controller and it seems like both seem good except for sliiight spazzing off a jump for Sonic in the 360 version. PS3 version I didn't notice it but it didn't do anything to change the game for me. I need more PS3 games too.

But... Gah. It's hard to decide. Gonna ask again. For people that've played the demo for both consoles, which one felt better for you guys??

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Curiosity, do you have a PS3 and 360??

I'm trying to decide between 360 and PS3 for Sonic Generations, and I've tried both controls. I can't decide which I like better though.

360 has a more comfortable controller and it seems like both seem good except for sliiight spazzing off a jump for Sonic in the 360 version. PS3 version I didn't notice it but it didn't do anything to change the game for me. I need more PS3 games too.

But... Gah. It's hard to decide. Gonna ask again. For people that've played the demo for both consoles, which one felt better for you guys??
I have a 360. Doesn't really matter which version you get since this game doesn't have MP.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Nah, not really looking at the MP anyway. Just the feel of the controller and peoples' personal experiences with the demos in terms of how it plays. I was told the PS3 version has slight input delay.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Nah, not really looking at the MP anyway. Just the feel of the controller and peoples' personal experiences with the demos in terms of how it plays. I was told the PS3 version has slight input delay.
Can anyone confirm this? As long as the game doesn't use the d-pad for anything (the one on the 360 controller blows), then get the 360 version IMO.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Can anyone confirm this? As long as the game doesn't use the d-pad for anything (the one on the 360 controller blows), then get the 360 version IMO.
You can use the 360 d-pad if you want to, but I prefer the analog too. The D-Pad on the PS3 is nicer for Classic Sonic, but the analog is better for Modern Sonic. Problem is that the positioning of the analog on the PS3 controller is slightly awkward...

Also could chalk it up to me not being used to it. Torn here, but I'll prolly decide soon. lol

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Classic Crisis City, Classic Chemical Plant, Sky Sanctuary... Well, the works really. They're all really awesome. Crisis City is definitely a must though for sure.
All the Classic versions?
Got it.
And holy crap. I love classic Rooftop Run.

Top Bottom