• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Generations - You're too sloooow if you haven't bought this game yet!

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
7. Hours. Of. Music.
mybodyisready.jpg

Also, Destructoid review.
Reading the comments is a hilarious venture.

Also, Gamesradar Norway gave Generations a 4/10, the lowest score yet, but the review is completely off the mark at some points, from slightly overestimating some points to being outright disingenuous. But it doesn't go on Metacritic or Gamerankings, so w/e.

Right now the average is hanging around the 81% mark.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
God I can't wait for this game tomorrow. My dads gonna pick it up during his lunch break to bring when he gets home. I'm so ****ing excited I don't think I can hold my excitement. All that juicy platforming and sense of speed all in one game I'm dying to play it, especially crisis city and city escape

:phone:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Playing the game makes a player's game review count as legit.

I'm sure this one's going to be great. Holding the game is like holding something way beyond platinum.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93

Dis gon b gud.

Someone teach me to 360. I can't create a user profile with a USB memory stick for some reason :3

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I just hate how I'm dependent on the time my dad gets out of work do that he can pick up my copy. Though he said he'd pick it up duri his lunch break something tells me he forgot to or he didn't leave it at home

EDIT: and mannnnnn my day just got better. I have this friend who'll loan SA2 to me tomorrow. I'm hyped as hell I haven't played that game since I was like 11 or 12 and I'm 16 next month so yeah

Sariku

Smash Master
Well I purchessed the game at midnight at my gamestop while everyone else was buying Lord of the Rings or Uncharted 3, so I got to come straight home to play it.

I didn't play any of the demos, so it was all fresh to me, and I'm really enjoying it. The levels are incredible. I've only played the first three zones at the boss before I went to play another game with a friend, but Angel Island is currently my favorite. That map is incredible beyond all belief. The music is great. I'm so excited to get home from work today and continue playing.

I'd love to 100% this game, but I only have until... well... Modern Warfare 3 to do it. lol.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Its incredible indeed, especially classic Sonic's act zones, the music is wonderful, I want to download ALL the songs now hehe.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
It seems that I secretly knew what I wanted from the beginning. I pre-ordered Sonic Generations for the PS3, thinking I might wanna switch to the 360 for a more comfortable controller, and then I show up there? Somehow I had myself pre-ordered under the 360 version. I'm ready. May I not get the Red Ring of Death but plenty of red and gold rings IN-GAME. I'm ready.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Someone teach me to 360. I can't create a user profile with a USB memory stick for some reason :3
Why don't you have a hard drive?

It seems that I secretly knew what I wanted from the beginning. I pre-ordered Sonic Generations for the PS3, thinking I might wanna switch to the 360 for a more comfortable controller, and then I show up there? Somehow I had myself pre-ordered under the 360 version. I'm ready. May I not get the Red Ring of Death but plenty of red and gold rings IN-GAME. I'm ready.
Try installing the game to your HDD, it helps.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I kinda suck with Modern Sonic at the moment, but I'm getting all S's with classic at least

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I'm done with the game holy **** it was amazing

Btw where DOES sonic put all his rings and if Classic Sonic does run a lot anyways, why is he fat?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I got up through Perfect Chaos.
DAYAM.
Classic Tails is too cute.
I'll do the modern era after school tomorrow.
Voices: Classic Tails reminds me of Tails' Sonic X voice, I can live with Cream and Amy, and Rouge's is sexy as hell.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It seems that I secretly knew what I wanted from the beginning. I pre-ordered Sonic Generations for the PS3, thinking I might wanna switch to the 360 for a more comfortable controller
I was concidering picking it up for 360, but when I heard it was on PC, snapped it up there. USB 360 controller, whoo!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm stuck trying to beat Vector's mad Bebop skills

Edit: Things I enjoyed:

"It's Dr. Robotnick!"

Sonic eating a chili dog.

It's like they actually payed attention to Sonic fanbase

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ I'm most likely getting this for PC due to the lack of cash... or maybe the 3DS version. That being said I did play the game until the final boss.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
FIGHT was a disappointment, however his cut scene was classic.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So my thoughts after playing

Classic Dr. Eggman looks REALLY weird in 3D IMO. Hilarious, but weird. I'm never playing Planet Wisp again. That level is half an hour long, hard as hell, and has too much use of the Wisps. Sonic running up a building skateboarding in the Rooftop Run challenge violates so many laws of physics. City Escape was amazing, but hard. The last boss battle was kinda disappointing and had terribad controls. Super Sonic overall sucks. It has crazy ******** ring drainage, it has the tendency to land me in bad situations when it runs out, and when running up the spiraling steps that were crumbling, I actually managed to fly over the springs that were supposed to take me to the next part of the level, killing me, etc. Way too much of a hassle. If it were more like Colors I'd like it. Besides, waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too easy to unlock. I would've preferred getting all the red rings for it or something. Speed boost really is hard to use in this game, so much platforming. Classic Sonic also needed more boss love. Modern has like 4 or 5 boss battles while Classic only has 2. Best part of the game was seeing Classic Sonic trying to learn to speed boost. So ****ing cute when he tried to and failed lol

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I thought he was trying to use homing attack, he used it right after jumping, after all

Edit: Than again, he wasn't in a ball, it might just have been speed boost

Edit Edit: After the first boss, Classic Sonic doesn't really do much...He's kind of just there

Sariku

Smash Master
Well, Classic Sonic couldn't really do much without changing up how the bosses played out in the original games. As in the last six zones were from the modern timeline, so it was only fitting that Modern Sonic played them out. Granted, I wouldn't have cared if they changed up the boss battles to use Classic Sonic. Classic Sonic vs. Perfect Chaos would have been pretty damn sick.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hated Planet Whisp. Especially as Classic Sonic, it took way too long.

Which brings me to, I bought Sonic Colors, but I got so frustrated with how it played only 30 minutes in that I haven't touched it since. I dunno, maybe I was just having a bad night, but after the Whisp stuff in SG, I'm not really looking forward to it.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
God man, I ****ing hated Planet Wisp. It was so ****ing hard and long (yeah yeah that's what she said) for both Classic and Modern Sonic. It took Modern like 30 minutes because they kept bringing up the rocket wisp every 5 seconds which takes like a minute to charge, and then Classic Sonic because they put in way too much spike wisp and for some reason they just had to make the level long anyways because for some reason they thought it was a good idea to have Classic Sonic try to scale up an entire humongous structure from the base up going around and around it. I'm sorry, but I hated Planet Wisp in this game, I just did. The music is spectacular, but the levels sure weren't.

I'd like to say you try Planet Wisp in Generations because it's better, but it's also pretty long and there's A LOT of platforming in that level.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
So it's basically like Sandopolis and Death Egg Zone Act 2.

Lord knows it takes me 5-7 minutes on average to clear through those acts. And the latter is without including the final battle.

I'm fine with Planet Wisp being lengthy. Make me feel like I deserved clearing through that level.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I agree on those too honestly. God I ****ing hated Sandopolis especially

And why is Sonic 2 getting so much love? I'd imagine that Sonic 1 would get more love since it's the first one and critics keep saying it's the best game since Sonic 2. Since when is Sonic 2 the best Sonic game? I was pretty sure that at the very least Sonic 3 & Knuckles or SA1 or 2 would've surpassed Sonic 2, but w/e

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
God man, I ****ing hated Planet Wisp. It was so ****ing hard and long (yeah yeah that's what she said) for both Classic and Modern Sonic. It took Modern like 30 minutes because they kept bringing up the rocket wisp every 5 seconds which takes like a minute to charge, and then Classic Sonic because they put in way too much spike wisp and for some reason they just had to make the level long anyways because for some reason they thought it was a good idea to have Classic Sonic try to scale up an entire humongous structure from the base up going around and around it. I'm sorry, but I hated Planet Wisp in this game, I just did. The music is spectacular, but the levels sure weren't.
Holy crap.
That's what I came here to say.
Yea, Planet Wisp was a nightmare with Modern Sonic, but GOD, it looked sexy.
Classic was okay for me.

I loved classic Rooftop Run's end with the blimp. Man. That was epic.

So far, my favorite classic stage is Speed Highway and my favorite modern is City Escape.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I'm going to say it, I can't decide between Rooftop Run, Sky Sanctuary Zone, and City Escape for my favorite levels. I just simply can't, they're all just so ****ing amazing, I wish I could go up to SEGA and give every single employee there a hug, even the less important ones who still had a part in this game

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Okay...
So...
I'm at the final boss. And holy ****
Classic Eggman! He sounds weird using Eggman's voice lol
I love how Classic Tails goes "Dr. Robotnik!" and Classic Eggman's like "nobody calls me that anymore"
Anyways, how do you stay alive during the final boss? Rings don't come in at the right time >_>
I've only manged to get one hit out of the final boss, but then I die from lack of rings.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I have no idea, just keep spamming the boost button or something, that's what I did, I wasn't clear about what exactly you were supposed to do.

Top Bottom