• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Generations - You're too sloooow if you haven't bought this game yet!

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93

KATAMARI BALL

EDIT:

You get the option to toggle elemental shields on, and possibly off, by pressing a face button. Considering how there has been no sight of elemental shields in Power Up TVs, and how toggling them off and on is basically a translated version of the choice of busting a TV to get the shield or just leaving it alone, I'm guessing you can buy shields at the shop.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings

KATAMARI BALL
Oh ****, it looks like Silver was A LOT stronger than I thought he'd be. I also didn't expect a fight like that to take place. I was expecting more of a fight like in that city that you fight him in 06. God My hype levels for this game are going up more

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Damn what the ****? Since when did Silver become such a bad ***? This right here is MUCH MORE than he's already done in 06, even in his super form

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I'm going to take a gamble with that and say that Crisis City is actually Empire City, but in the future it ends up dilapidating because of Solaris's precense.

Makes some sort of sense, I mean, they probably didn't think of this until now and it seems pretty plausible

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Did anyone notice that one of Sonic's poses for his tricks is this?

No for real, I'm pretty mind blown right now I can't believe I didn't notice this 8 months ago

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why do the PC shots look all jaggedy?
I didn't even zoom in

They do, it looks like Sonic was photoshopped in. There are white pixels all around him

I wonder if there is graphics settings? My computer could handle high, but if this is the best setting, it's kinda sad

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I think they had anti aliasing off when the shots were taken.
EDIT:
[yt]ayErKdkLrFk[/yt]
Fangasm.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Dang, you beat me to it, by like 3 hours

Perfect Chaos' redesign looks epic now that I see it in it's entirety

But perfect chaos is his super form, why should Sonic be able to defeat it out of his super form?

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
The only reason that Sonic couldn't defeat Perfect Chaos unless he was Super Sonic was because it's kinda hard to get up to smashing his brain in through water.

Sonic's gotten mad buffed since then. lol

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I never DID get a good look at the gears.
I'm interested at how Time Eater was created.
People on Youtube said it was the Sonic fanbase lol

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings

Hmm, that's peculiar. Wonder if Eggman is behind this
He most probably is behind this. Most likely he created a monster that turns on him and then he teams up with Sonic and his buddies to take him out, just like in every other game

And God Time Eater looks like such a bad ***. I wonder if he's going to make any kind of dialogue at all tbh. I wonder if he's going to make monster noises or if he's going to make some kind of grunty language thing or something :ohwell:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Time Eater is specifically targeting Sonic, so that displays some semblance of sentience. He may have dialogue because of that.

The gears may very well be a part of a portal though. Gears surround the portals leading to the boss fights:

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Dang, you beat me to it, by like 3 hours

Perfect Chaos' redesign looks epic now that I see it in it's entirety

But perfect chaos is his super form, why should Sonic be able to defeat it out of his super form?
Perhaps this/these Sonic/Sonic's destroy/s its armour and then leaves the watery version behind for Sonic of that time period (i.e. Sonic during his time in Sonic Adventure) to take it out as Super Sonic?

:psycho:

I never DID get a good look at the gears.
I'm interested at how Time Eater was created.
People on Youtube said it was the Sonic fanbase lol
Would not surprise me lol

The Time Eater looks like Violet Void from Sonic Colours DS on steriods
Violet Void on violent roids

:awesome:

Bit late I know but I am so, SO glad this is coming to PC. I was super worried I wouldn't be able to play this game but now I can :D just need to get this Steam thing now lol

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, he is the time eater

A clockwork design incorporated into him doesn't seem too farfetched

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I just looked at some of the comments for that video and people aren't getting this game solely on the fact that Time Eater looks like the Blot from Epic Mickey and because Tails Doll isn't going to be in this

Really? I can only understand a smidge of why people wouldn't get it because of Time Eater, but seriously? Tails Doll? What the hell is this? Tails Doll wasn't even an important character in the Sonic games. He only appeared in like one game, and he sucked **** in that one game where there was no use in using it since it sucked, and he was in the game most people pan as really crappy which was only a side game which had no bearing in the story. SEGA has put in the Death Egg, Shadow, two new levels on City Escape, Classic Sonic, Green Hill Zone, Perfect Chaos, two new levels on Speed Highway, the possibility of a function for SA esque play, an amazing re imagined crisis city, improved gameplay for modern sonic, new remixed music for every level, etc. and people still want more from SEGA? No wonder SEGA's been sucking for the past couple of years, their fanbase suck ****

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
CNet preview of Batman: Arkham City and Sonic Generations. Sonic is featured after the gray dot on that video time bar. People are currently getting that on Youtube since the video player is garbage.

BUT HOLY **** MODERN SKY SANCTUARY. ALTERNATE PATHWAYS OUT THE SHIZ-NOZ.

And I absolutely LOVE the Classic Seaside Hill theme. Didn't do much at all to the original, but still managed to keep it fresh and invigorating with the guitar keeping the tempo alive. My favorite song in the game so far.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I tried the classic Sonic Demo at Walmart. I sucked because I'm not used to the XBOX controller

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Only thing I've ever played on the XBOX is FPS, specifically Halo series (And any Call of Duty with Zombie mode, hate the series but like Zombie mode). That, and Fable.

If it were on the wii I could figure it out in seconds.

Haven't played the dreamcast in longer than I can remember, and never played a platformer on the XBOX

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Now that I think about it, 2D platforming does (and actually still does) feel weird for me on a 360.
And whenever I did Sonic 4, I'd just hook up a pad anyways instead of the regular controller.

§leepy God

Smash Master
I'm use to Sonic 06 and Unleashed for the 360. Other than that, no other platforming game I play on 360, just mostly shooters, fighters, and RPGs.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Has anyone been able to confirm if the 3DS version is indeed being moved back to next year release?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
And here I was considering buying a 3DS just so I could play Sonic on this. Oh well :/

And damn a new Sonic demo and it's a modern one ****ing finally I've been dying to try out Modern Sonic and see what he feels like

:phone:

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
New demo being released on my birthday? I love you Sega.
And a week before mine :p
I wonder what the level will be.
Here's hoping for City Escape since they milk that gameplay along with Green Hill.

Top Bottom