• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Generations - You're too sloooow if you haven't bought this game yet!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Another thing Sonic did like dragon ball Z that I dislike...

Making ALL the characters that aren't Hedgehogs (Saiyans) useless

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
But knuckles and tails are useful

Scratch that nevermind they aren't

But it's not like Silver is that useful to begin with or something and Amy hasn't done anything since SA2 (and no stalking sonic halfway around the world doesn't count)

:phone:

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
But knuckles and tails are useful

Scratch that nevermind they aren't

But it's not like Silver is that useful to begin with or something and Amy hasn't done anything since SA2 (and no stalking sonic halfway around the world doesn't count)

:phone:
I'd say Tails is somewhat useful.Knuckles not so much

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well there is a time travelling enemy...

It's probably about continuity changing

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Toys R Us is offering Generations for $40, but you can't pick it up in-store. You must get it shipped.

Also...
[yt]ibuHW981wCE[/yt]
Highlights:
-Extra room! Music, art, etc.
-Knuckles, Tails, and Amy standing by level entrances
-Explorable hub worlds. You can stand on level names lol
-Cool loading screen with both Sonics walking be each other
-Sexy Sky Sanctuary gameplay! You slowly approach the Death Egg rising.
-Ability to change music for a level
-Run-through of modern Chemical Plant
-Same modern Green Hill footage
-A points system (already known, just wanted to reiterate it)
-Rouge by City Escape entrance

-They got rid of the speed boosters for classic City Escape when the truck enters
-Fang poster spotted in classic City Escape (known already)
-Door into Summer!
-He passes by Speed Highway while running back with Cream standing out front

-"Death Egg Robot" = Giant Eggman mech
-Stardust Speedway (Bad Future) from Sonic CD (Japanese version) for Metal Sonic race!
-Road crumbles as you run
-You actually have to destroy Metal Sonic, not race him

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I hate to double post, but...
[yt]JtP-ofLf_Ag[/yt]
Sega owes me new pants. That Speed Highway remix is sex.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
God this game looks so amazing. I find it lol how excited Classic Sonic gets when he gets an S rank lol. And did I just see Classic Sonic do a somersault through the boxes in Classic City Escape? Holy ****. The music for the menu is also amazing, especially the Green Hill Zone menu song, and the fact that you actually get to choose what music you want for the levels is oging to be amazing. I hope when you get to choose the music, they put up the option for all the old music in the original levels. Playing old City Escape on Modern City Escape would be so ****ing awesome.

Also, why won't they show us Speed Highway and Crisis City agh. I mean I get why they'd be the levels that are the least hyped in the game, but at least I'd expect, idk, a screenshot or two from them. At least Crisis City, that level was pretty cool in Sonic 06

EDIT:

Wow I got 30 minute ninja'd, I really need to refresh the page once in a while when I'm looking at 30 minute videos lol

and where the **** is Crisis City. That's one of the levels I'm hyped for the most, and no news on it. Idc if it was in Sonic 06, running through a demolished city in the future was pretty boss

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It is so painful watching that one guy play city escape

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Modern Sonic's boosting system. Likes and Dislikes. Go.
Likes x1000000000000. I hated the fact that I had to use Wisps in Colors to get my boosts and the ring system is much more easier and the fact that you can trick to make the meter go off the charts is so amazing.

EDIT:

-He passes by Speed Highway while running back with Cream standing out front
Btw, I forgot to point this out earlier, but this makes complete sense. SA1 was after all the very first game Cream debuted in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=6202ojFrPlM#t=42s

back then they didn't actually give her a name and all she did was drop a key for Big to use, but that's Cream alright, makes complete sense as to why she'd be in front of Speed Highway

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Btw, I forgot to point this out earlier, but this makes complete sense. SA1 was after all the very first game Cream debuted in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=6202ojFrPlM#t=42s

back then they didn't actually give her a name and all she did was drop a key for Big to use, but that's Cream alright, makes complete sense as to why she'd be in front of Speed Highway
No. She debuted in Advance 2.
Remember how it was advertised in that one mission?
That's DX. You aren't thinking of the original Adventure 1.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I think it's fine seeing Rouge in front of City Escape and Cream in front of Speed Highway tbh.
I don't see them fitting anywhere else. Plus those are the games they first appeared in (well, first main game in Cream's case since it's not like they have Advance games in there).

I guess it's kind of a technicality kind of thing. Plus doesn't the same thing apply for Amy since she's really in front of Chemical Plant?

BSP

Smash Legend
Likes x1000000000000. I hated the fact that I had to use Wisps in Colors to get my boosts and the ring system is much more easier and the fact that you can trick to make the meter go off the charts is so amazing.
OMG I know, using wisps for boosts just felt wrong and unnecessary. I prefer the rings much more.

Tricks boosting meter is cool too

However, I do think they should make Sonic burn boost a good bit faster than in unleashed. It shouldn't be "kill one enemy, boost for half the stage" You should have to use some skill to earn your boost and keep your speed up.

Basically, I'm totally ok with more boosting, but it needs to be consumed up faster and it needs to be earned.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Based on that last trailer, it turns out that if Sonic keeps boosting for an extended period of time, he'll go into ball form, and his ring count will start to deplete. So it becomes a matter of choice: do you risk your ring count, and subsequently your score count, going down in order to get to the end as fast as possible, or do you risk a lower time bonus by not using the boost much in order to keep your score high? Or do you try to balance out the two extremes?

Nice little twist to the gameplay. Boost-to-Win is now a hindrance to get S-Ranks.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
No. She debuted in Advance 2.
Remember how it was advertised in that one mission?
That's DX. You aren't thinking of the original Adventure 1.
Really? Wth, I have the non DX version of SA1 on my 360 and Cream still appears there

OMG I know, using wisps for boosts just felt wrong and unnecessary. I prefer the rings much more.

Tricks boosting meter is cool too

However, I do think they should make Sonic burn boost a good bit faster than in unleashed. It shouldn't be "kill one enemy, boost for half the stage" You should have to use some skill to earn your boost and keep your speed up.

Basically, I'm totally ok with more boosting, but it needs to be consumed up faster and it needs to be earned.
Yeah, needing wisps gave too little boost. The system they had in Unleashed for boosting was way better than the one in Colors imo. At least it was much easier. If anything, just change the rate at which you get boosts and it'd be perfect. I don't think there should be any need to sacrifice ring count for speed. Either way, I honestly don't care, I'm more interested in speed running Sonic than I am about getting the score

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
If you go all out on speedrunning the level you sacrifice a potential S-Rank. It's still an untested concept for now, but if it's elaborated on in future Unleashed-style games I'll have no qualms about it.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Actually, lemme correct myself.
http://info.sonicretro.org/Cream_the_Rabbit
She appeared as artwork in Mega Collection.
So would be any reason why Cream would appear putting the key in SA1? Doesn't make much sense tbh, that could've been done by any other character, or it could've just appeared there magically like before apparently.

EDIT:

Btw F8AL are we allowed to discuss fan made hacks like Jester's Challenge or w/e here?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Btw F8AL are we allowed to discuss fan made hacks like Jester's Challenge or w/e here?
Nope, it uses copyright material.

http://www.smashboards.com/announcement.php?f=17&a=37

#4 - Piracy

The Light House has a very strict policy against piracy, ROMs, warez, and the illegal use of copyrighted gaming material. Linking or giving information about any site that distributes illegal software, ROMs, media, or emulators, seeking help to circumvent any copyright laws, admitting to possessing and/or distributing illegal copyrighted material, or encouraging software or media piracy is grounds for an immediate warning. This goes for all copyrighted gaming material. (You are not allowed to discuss ways to implement homebrew on the Wii, 360 or PS3 and linking to websites that show how to do it is prohibited. On the topic of jail-breaking, general discussion about what legal things you can do with it and peoples experience that have done it is allowed.)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
SEGA never disappoints in Sonic music. NEVER.
The day they disappoint in music is the day I go kill myself. No seriously, they have NEVER disappointed us with bad music EVER.

I mean literally, listen to this and tell me in my face this is bad music. I mean, it was in Sonic 06 for crying out loud, and even this is one of the most amazing pieces of music in any Sonic game, and that's saying something considering this is Sonic 06 we're talking about

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yeah, I really liked that song from Sonic '06. One of my favorites for boss songs in Sonic.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Why do people say Sonic Chronicles is such a bad game? I bought the game for my cousin a couple of years back, and it was pretty decent from what I played. I don't get why people hate it so much

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Why do people say Sonic Chronicles is such a bad game? I bought the game for my cousin a couple of years back, and it was pretty decent from what I played. I don't get why people hate it so much
It's got pugly graphics and bad music.
There's, like, one good battle music.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Why am I the only one who actually thinks that song is alright? >_>
The music is sub-par, at least.
The second one is a bland remix of Diamond Dust, Act 1 from Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis).
[yt]Mf7-ixllcgo[/yt]

BSP

Smash Legend
Even if the gameplay is utter ****, the music will be good

It's like the unwritten rule of sonic games.

I love 3d blast's music, it just never gets old for me.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
The music is sub-par, at least.
The second one is a bland remix of Diamond Dust, Act 1 from Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis).
[yt]Mf7-ixllcgo[/yt]
...wow

Ok I'll admit the music is worse than that one, but in my opinion that still doesn't mean it's horrible or something

Could be my musical preference or something, but w/e

Top Bottom