• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Generations - You're too sloooow if you haven't bought this game yet!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
IF/WHEN someone finds a link to a European store that sells that, post it up here.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=31543&searchkeyword=sonic generations

Sonic Generations

Platform: PlayStation 3, Xbox 360

Rating: Everyone

Content descriptors: Cartoon Violence

Rating summary: This is an action-adventure game in which players assume the role of Sonic the Hedgehog as he attempts to stop a mysterious force from altering his universe's timeline. As players zoom across fantastical landscapes, they collect gold rings and power-ups while using spin attacks to knock over enemies (e.g., insect- and animal-like robots); enemies disappear amid smoke puffs, and Sonic blinks and loses rings when hit. The game includes a handful of boss-fight sequences (e.g., defeating a giant serpent creature by crashing into its weak points); explosions, shrieking sounds, and close-up spin attacks accompany these battles.
So it's not just an enemy wanting to destroy time, it seems the enemy is dead set on altering it. Sounds like a sophisticated motive, and not one for a rabid chaotic entity.

And "Giant Serpent Creature" could allude to Perfect Chaos, or Egg Dragoon, or it may just be a standard boss mook type enemy.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
**** idgaf about modern Shadow, I want to see a ****ing classic version this is one of the few characters that I've been praying to see a classic of

:phone:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
A classic Shadow is nonexistent, both in games and in canon. To demand for one is to ask for it from a baseless stance.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Exactly like what Modern Shadow looks like - Super Sonic with a red and black color pallette and a frowny face instead of a smiley face.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Who even has a 56k internet connection anymore? That's ancient.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this with cautious optimism. Sega seems to be getting back into the habit of making decent Sonic games lately. If they can combine what made Sonic Adventure 2 great with the classic 2-D gameplay, I will buy this.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I read somewhere that
Shadow is going to act as Sonic's rival in Generations, I can sort of see how that might work but I thought Sonic and Shadow were supposed to be friends now?

Edit: Or by rivals, maybe it just means he's going to be one of the confirmed bosses

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Is this "Time Eater"?

And gameplay from the 3DS convention last night.
[yt]7R5ji3PZvdM[/yt]

We get to hear Modern and Classic Mushroom Hill.
Modern sounds exactly like the original while Classic gets an upbeat version.

And... THE SONIC HEROES SPECIAL STAGES.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Is that the boss fight arena from SA:2? And I'm glad to see the eggrobo fight doesn't just look like another S2 final boss rehash.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The SA2 pic shows the race to the Eclipse Cannon, yes. It looks like the battle starts just as Sonic and Shadow exit the corridor, unlike the original, where the two os them just start in the middle of the walkway.

Also, the moon isn't blown up.

Game's ruined forever.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mushroom Hill Zone is bringing up some kind of nostalgia attack.

I'm getting this for my XBOX and 3DS when it comes out, no question

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wonder why they never made a modern metal sonic. He's been in modern games but he still looks classic

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Eh, in which game did they modernize him?

Edit: It was in Sonic Rivals 2

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I'm getting so many goosebumps from it.

Epic music and Egg Robos!

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/17279028

So SEGA held a conference a couple of hours ago. In it, 3 particular Sonic songs were heard. Of the 3, 2 of them were the remixed BGMs of two stages in the console version of Generations: Chemical Plant and Seaside Hill. CPZ is hear at 2:50, and again at 12:14. SSH is heard at 26:14 to the end.

The other one, on the other hand.....at 1:03.....is a remix of Tropical Resort. No idea on what it means, but it could be a hint that TR is in the 3DS game. Which rocks my socks off, I absolutely love the Tropical Resort theme.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I'll get to editing the OP this weekend then I'm busy this week and I have something else to update as well

Alrighty.
Cuz you have the release date wrong in the OP.

It's "11/1/11" not "10/1/11"

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The Nov in November actually means Nine, in the old calender (And Astrology) November is the ninth month. You'd still be wrong, though

The more you know

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sonic Heroes

Ugh i wish sonic team made him appear in the 3D sonic games again. The way they represented him in Heroes was good until the the final level. A dragon? Really?
Metal Sonic was still classic in Sonic Rivals, which was made 3 years after Sonic Heroes

I can't find a picture of Modern Metal Sonic until Sonic Rivals 2

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ttiEw3D2Uo

I can't hep but imagine that the SEGA music staff went like "CHALLENGE ACCEPTED" as if they heard Snappleman's Big Arm remix from Project Chaos.

That needs. To go on my Ipod. As soon as a rip of the song without SFX is made.
That HAS to go into my Brawl once we get a clean rip.

It's too epic to pass up.

Oh. Classic Mushroom Hill's up too. WITHOUT SFX.
http://www.sonicretro.org/2011/09/world-exclusive-sonic-generations-3ds-music-tracks/

Top Bottom