• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Chat Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxob

Smash Champion
^^^

he speaks the truth

and btw for anyone who says that lucario needs tourny rep: Really needs to reaserch before making statments like this... because for one thing one of the best players of EC mains lucario...

I havent seen any tourny rep for Sonic.... in fact i never see any GOOD sonic mains even use sonic...

(i guess we are at fault too)
Play me online, right now.

I'll own you, sleep deprived.

:093:

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Play me online, right now.

I'll own you, sleep deprived.

you obviously arn't even worth playing if you think that wifi can decide the outcome of a matchup...and don't play me play Azen... if your lucky enough to get his attention...

i hope your being sarcastic...

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
you obviously arn't even worth playing if you think that wifi can decide the outcome of a matchup...and don't play me play Azen... if your lucky enough to get his attention...

You sir, are a scrub. Anyone here could beat you.

and LOL @ your name. you're flaming yourself...

$100 bucks on the Boxobair

Boxob

Smash Champion

You said you wanted to see a good Sonic main.

I can show you that, just slightly laggier.

You and your gay sword should be able to take me though, since I obviously don't know anything about anything.

Tenki

Smash Hero

@u:
but you can get exposed to playstyles. Or maybe you're one of those pure-offline players who suck with any presence of lag and have little-no (move)reading ability and can't adapt to input delay. It's understandable, many smashers are like that.

You said you wanted to see a good Sonic main.

I can show you that, just slightly laggier.

You and your gay sword should be able to take me though, since I obviously don't know anything about anything.

I think he seconds/mains Lucario. I think I saw him at the Luc boards or the So-Lu discussion.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
You sir, are a scrub. Anyone here could beat you.
didn't say anyone couldn't. please read the posts before you reply

and LOL @ your name. you're flaming yourself...

why on earth would i care? and what is the problem with flaming myself *if that even made sense*

$100 bucks on the Boxobair
really...? then i should see how he plays offline *if he may upload any vids* (Im not remotely kidding or anything)

@u:
but you can get exposed to playstyles. Or maybe you're one of those pure-offline players who suck with any presence of lag and have little-no (move)reading ability and can't adapt to input delay. It's understandable, many smashers are like that.

I think he seconds/mains Lucario. I think I saw him at the Luc boards or the So-Lu discussion.
yes i am one of those smashers though i mess around on wifi anyways...and im temporarily a marth main just to try out marth...

Tenki

Smash Hero
I've played people online who were leagues better than people I'd meet offline.

you seem to have such an aversion to wifi as if it somehow nullified all skill. Reading ability is accentuated online, and everything else is somewhat skewed by a little delay, except for some frame-perfect moves, which are just plain impossible at times.

If you have a good connection, go for it.

You'll get exposed to a playstyle and player behaviors, at the least. And you can bring that knowledge to offline-play.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
you need you scrub hyrule

........∩_____∩
   |ノ    ヽ
  /  ●  ● |
  |   ( _●_)ミ link2man22 with cats
 彡、   |∪|  、`\
/ __  ヽノ /´>  )
(___)   / (_/
 |     /
 |  /\ \
 | /    )  )
 ∪    (  \
SCRUB
SCRUB
SCRUB
STOP CAT ****

link2man22

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sindori
you need you scrub hyrule

........∩_____∩
   |ノ    ヽ
  /  ●  ● |
  |   ( _●_)ミ link2man22 with cats
 彡、   |∪|  、`\
/ __  ヽノ /´>  )
(___)   / (_/
 |     /
 |  /\ \
 | /    )  )
 ∪    (  \
SCRUB
SCRUB
SCRUB
STOP CAT ****
Wow. I'm not even gonna bother with a come back cause that has fail writen all over it.

Tenki

Smash Hero
lol u guyz
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
So ironic, like a chronic Sonic that had a bit too much tonic.
and avoided the bubonic...plague.
Not even a deadly, middle-age, species extinguishing disease can catch up to Sonic.
...:laugh:

John date: 2005​
KinqyFish69

lol. you have no idea what's going on.

Get back on topic.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

it was so epic that I got internal server errors trying to edit this.

Tenki

Smash Hero
:dizzy:@weird people who want me in SBR. I'm far from qualified for that.

Just for the lulz so you people stop PMing me to apply:
1. Smashboards name/ common tournament aliases
Tenki.
Tenki for 1v1s, Steak for pools.

2. How long have you been attending tournaments through Smashboards?
I'm a Brawl newb, through and through.

Less than 6 months.

3. About what rank/place do you usually finish at the tournaments you attend?
I hit 1st out of a 16-man tourney last week.

I'll go ahead and shoot it down with: the 4 people who made it to the semifinals were probably the only people worth playing against lol. (<3 HtH)

4. Have you ever hosted a REAL LIFE Smash event (Melee or Brawl, Online tournaments do NOT count)? If so, please list the tournaments and the number of players in attendance.
No.

5. What characters do you use for Brawl tournaments? On which characters do you consider yourself an expert?
a) Sonic. I used Falcon for some friendlies though.

b) ...Sonic.

6. What area/region/community are you from? Examples: East Coast, West Coast, Texas, NYC, DC area, South Florida, Toronto, Northern Europe, etc...
Southeast (ATL)

7. How do you participate within and improve your community?
I answer questions in the Sonic boards. I test stuff and make suggestions for them.

and as of me joining the Sonic boards, I'm the only one ever allowed to discover anything for Sonic.

edit:
I spam alot and word things so even my spam sounds useful.

8. What do you expect to add to the SBR?
Nothing really. Except a Sonic main.

9. What issues do you think are important for the SBR to address with the community right now and in the future?
Maybe Metaknight atm. In the future, maybe something concerning the infinites. Performing a standing infinite on a character until 300% takes a considerably long time. It probably should be lowered quite a bit. Probably with much less significance, rules concerning hacks. For example, if there's a suggested codeset/ruleset associated with them. It seems to be the newest rage but that should be left to SFR. Smash FUN room >;/

10. Please link to some of your posts that the SBR might find interesting or that demonstrate your ability to contribute positively to discussions.
Finishing moves and setups: aka HOW TO KILL WITH SONIC?!
Eh, basic no-DI escapable setups that can be adapted to by the player. More importantly, I found a rough estimate for Sonic's kill moves, with and without DI. One of my first threads in SWF and in Sonic boards. Noone read it. Noone reads it. Even to this day.

Side-B and down-B Mechanics: EXPLAINED! +moar
In mid-May, AFAIK, I'm the first one to have published this information. Sonic's aerial down-B was shield cancellable, and had multi-hit combos attached to it, and a bunch of other useful stuff. Arguably changed the Sonic metagame, or at least gave Sonic players more options. I also broke down the differences between the phases of the special in great detail.
Noone reads it anymore.

Foxtrot and Pivot Moves
Experimental stuff.

Why Sonic Sucks - aka Learn to Player
I tell people to stop saying that Sonic is a good character, that his options are mostly tools that players can use to outplay opponents, but as a character, moveset speaking, and disregarding speed like everyone else does in matchup discussions... sucks. c wut I did thar?

EDIT BONUS QUESTION!: For cool points, who is your favorite comic book character/superhero and why? :p

wut is comics.

Vash. Eh shoots gunz for love and peace and is afraid of everything.

Happy now?
quit sending me PM's :urg:
I did it. Leave me alone now.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Yes.

Private messages, public messages, and all this other crap. I got like 4 on the day that thread was created.

lmao you should check out the link I gave them for the "Learn to Player". It links to "Parable of the Steak" (2nd page of that thread.. lol)

on a side note, I hope that stupid character board petition doesn't get spammed here, as much as I'd like that.

though, we're pretty much the Sonic Back Room anyway. We scare away and flame useless fanboys.

Tenki

Smash Hero
1. Smashboards name/ common tournament aliases: Boxob. B%B For Melee. 10 Boxob points if you can see why. ;]

2. How long have you been attending tournaments through Smashboards? Mid 2006.

3. About what rank/place do you usually finish at the tournaments you attend? Almost always top 5. Although my first couple of tourneys have been complete fail what with getting knocked into losers bracket first round and what not. I'm much better now.

4. Have you ever hosted a REAL LIFE Smash event.? : I was supposed to host one, I even had a thread open with a set date and people ready to go. Two days before tourney time, my parents decide they need to go on vacation, and that I can't host it at my house.

5. What characters do you use for Brawl tournaments? On which characters do you consider yourself an expert? Sonic, Diddy, Link, Falcon, Fox. My specialty is without a doubt my Sonic though, I dedicate a large majority of my time researching and theorizing Sonic mechanics and ways to exploit them. An example of this can be seen here. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=198501
While the thread started as a hoax, the real discovery underneath my initial ridiculous claims is that you can cancel his fast fall lag frames with his SpindDash Cancel.

6. What area/region/community are you from? East coast, Long island New York.

7. How do you participate within and improve your community? I'm on the boards literally the entire day. I have a blackjack two with unlimited data plan, so even when I'm out and socializing, I'm frequently checking back on the tactical discussion, Melee sections, and Sonic boards.

8. What do you expect to add to the SBR? Realistically, I'd like to further increase the overall awesomeness that the SBR already holds. With most posters from the SBR really knowing what they're talking about, adding another living breathing database (me) seems like it could help, or at the least, I could share my opinions in the matters of today and the inevitable future problems. Also, more run-on sentences.

9. What issues do you think are important for the SBR to address with the community right now and in the future?Well there's the ever so obvious Metaknight ban debate going on. But what else? My only present concern is the SBR Brawl recommended rule set. And that would require it's own thread for me to discuss in detail.

10. Please link to some of your posts that the SBR might find interesting or that demonstrate your ability to contribute positively to discussions. To be honest, my ability to positively contribute to information is scarcely represented. I often abstain from cluttering the boards with the little findings that I have, so I usually just post them in a pre-existing thread. Buuuuut, I do have two threads that come to mind that I do think are quite helpful.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199510 - A basic "ask whatever you want" kind of thread.

Most recent discovery. Sonic Fast fall Lag cancel, jokingly named Box canceling. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=198501

EDIT BONUS QUESTION!: For cool points, who is your favorite comic book character/superhero and why? : I never really liked comics.

But I guess I've never really been cool either.

YES!!

Everyone support Boxob for SBR.

edit1:
also,

roflmao@ that hoax part.

D; if they ever actually read that thread, they'll find out that I was the one who suggested using it to remove fastfall landing lag.

edit2:
B%B ?!
that's amazing. It's liek a boob with a line between it.
or a mirror. so it makes 2 boobs.
holy crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom